PDA

View Full Version : Despite the 3-0 Agg..

seanraff07
05-08-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm really confident we can get a result tonight. We need to be well up for it though, every Hibs fan getting behind the team and NOT booing when we misplace a pass! If we can snatch an early goal then i think were capable of getting through.

GGTTH.:notworthy:

Chuckie
05-08-2010, 02:07 PM
'Kin right man..

We're gonnae slaughter these goats..

Glory Glory..

lyonhibs
05-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm really confident we can get a result tonight. We need to be well up for it though, every Hibs fan getting behind the team and NOT booing when we misplace a pass! If we can snatch an early goal then i think were capable of getting through.

GGTTH.:notworthy:

The issue is, against a team with the ability to counter-attack with speed and precision, it doesn't matter if Hibs fans positively applaud each mis-placed pass to the rafters, there's a much higher chance of that misplaced pass being punished, especially as we have to go for it, and this increases the probability of there being spaces at the back.

Hibs probably will get A result tonight, I can just see it being 2-1, 2-0 or 3-1, something like that.

When was the last time we scored 4 goals without reply against a team in their country's top league - either Scotland or abroad?

TamHibs
05-08-2010, 02:30 PM
The issue is, against a team with the ability to counter-attack with speed and precision, it doesn't matter if Hibs fans positively applaud each mis-placed pass to the rafters, there's a much higher chance of that misplaced pass being punished, especially as we have to go for it, and this increases the probability of there being spaces at the back.

Hibs probably will get A result tonight, I can just see it being 2-1, 2-0 or 3-1, something like that.

When was the last time we scored 4 goals without reply against a team in their country's top league - either Scotland or abroad?

Hamilton at Easter Road last season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
05-08-2010, 02:31 PM
I think we will learn as much about the current Hibs support tonight as we will the current Hibs team.

Chuckie

Shut up negative orgons...

Come on the Hibees !!

:wink:

seanraff07

We've just got to keep positive and play our part as supporters at the game.

We would have scored 4 against AEK if Luna didn't miss that header at the end.:boo hoo:

We don't have to score 4, we could win 3-0 and go all the way to penalties and get through, unlikely but anythings possible!

TamHibs
05-08-2010, 02:45 PM
We've just got to keep positive and play our part as supporters at the game.

We would have scored 4 against AEK if Luna didn't miss that header at the end.:boo hoo:

We don't have to score 4, we could win 3-0 and go all the way to penalties and get through, unlikely but anythings possible!

It would've only been 3 against AEK if Lunas header had hit the net because we'd have won 3-2 on aggregate but I know what your saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--------
05-08-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm totally not optimistic about this evening - we've been well-beaten away from home, and I don't see us pulling back 3 goals without them scoring. We actually need to score 4, or win the penalty shoot-out, and we're not good at those, IIRC.

I'm working tonight so I won't be there, which is a huge disappointment even although I think we're going to be dumped out. Sorry to be so pessimistic, but I REALLY can't see us getting much tonight. 3 goals down's just too much to deal with against a decent side....

:boo hoo:

However, this is exactly how I was feeling one drizzly Wednesday evening in November 1968, and I was wrong then. Just hope I'm as wrong tonight. :wink:

Chuckie
05-08-2010, 02:57 PM
I can't see us not scoring at least 4 when you consider the firepower we have up front, and De Graaf surging forward from midfield, showing the true Dutch class of total football that we are capable of. With Bamba back at Centre Half we needn't worry about conceding, and should go gung-ho from kick off.

This Haribo lot wont know whats hit them as we score 5. We did it to Napoli so we can do it to a bunch of Balkan nobodies.

Glory Glory.

bawheid
05-08-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm totally not optimistic about this evening - we've been well-beaten away from home, and I don't see us pulling back 3 goals without them scoring. We actually need to score 4, or win the penalty shoot-out, and we're not good at those, IIRC.

I don't remember us losing one Doddie...

Beat Aberdeen up there in the SC under Duffy. Hosed Rangers in the shoot-out at Hampden. Did we not win one at Firhill as well?

--------
05-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I can't see us not scoring at least 4 when you consider the firepower we have up front, and De Graaf surging forward from midfield, showing the true Dutch class of total football that we are capable of. With Bamba back at Centre Half we needn't worry about conceding, and should go gung-ho from kick off.

This Haribo lot wont know whats hit them as we score 5. We did it to Napoli so we can do it to a bunch of Balkan nobodies.

Glory Glory.

We had a slope then, and we won the toss that night.... :wink:

Stevie Reid
05-08-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't remember us losing one Doddie...

Beat Aberdeen up there in the SC under Duffy. Hosed Rangers in the shoot-out at Hampden. Did we not win one at Firhill as well?

Andy Goram scored a winning penalty for us in a shoot out at ER, think it was against Clydebank.

Chuckie
05-08-2010, 03:03 PM
We had a slope then, and we won the toss that night.... :wink:

We've got a slope tonight too - Big Nishy. :wink: