PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates *** Hibs vs Maribor ***

Pages : 1 [2]

jacomo
05-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Penalty........................aaaaaaaaand we're..............out.

Where you been? We went out last week.

Basildon Hibs

And hopefully Yogi is too.... :bye:

Hibby 2005
Petrie's office should be an interesting place tomorrow.

MrSmith
05-08-2010, 08:12 PM
defenders for attackers eh!!? scoreline is going to get worse....

desperate tactics from a desperate man...

Kaiser_Sauzee
05-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Co commentator could be sat in the electric chair and find a positive.

Hal Jordan
05-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Aye, well as a combination of Hibs being *****, and a pish quality stream that I paid 6 quid for, I can safely say this'll be the last time I'll be watching for the forseeable future.

xyz23jc

:agree::greengrin:top marks

Moulin Yarns
And hopefully Yogi is too.... :bye:

Do you think Petrie will pay off Hughes?

Who comes in to replace him?

How much will we have to pay in compensation?

It won't happen IMHO

Wull
now HI gone completely, just aboot sums up the nite

Haymaker
05-08-2010, 08:14 PM
1-3

(((Fergus)))
cameraman appears to have left the ground too

Hibby Kay-Yay

I would be shocked if he never :greengrin

xyz23jc
Aye, well as a combination of Hibs being *****, and a pish quality stream that I paid 6 quid for, I can safely say this'll be the last time I'll be watching for the forseeable future.

Ditto! Just lost the stream, dunno if thats a good thing! :wink: Still £6 wasted tho!:grr:

Liberal Hibby
Petrie's office should be an interesting place tomorrow.

Why?

It's clear we've been beaten by a better team (as were Celtc last night). What will matter is how we compete in the SPL. Ironically if we'd finished fifth we'd have had the better draw (ala Motherwell)

Hughes will have at least this season (I hope) to build. We simply cannot keep sacking managers every other season because a few vocal fans have no patience.

Spudster
1-6 (agg)

Hibby 2005
Murray & Hart off Galbraith & Spoony on

Wow! Yogi finally shows some adventure!

Betty Boop
1-3

Jeezo ! :bitchy:

euro Hibby
judge him against good quality scottish opposition........

cabbageandribs1875
05-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Why the board agreed to pump millions into a new stand, and completely ignore the fact that the squad we have is abysmal, is completely beyond me. Let's face facts, a new
stand could've waited, it's not a priority and it most definitely isn't needed at this moment in time. The squad however NEEDS attention, and lots of it.

ah that old chestnut, we HAD to build a new stand :rolleyes:

Hibby 2005
Why?

It's clear we've been beaten by a better team (as were Celtc last night). What will matter is how we compete in the SPL. Ironically if we'd finished fifth we'd have had the better draw (ala Motherwell)

Hughes will have at least this season (I hope) to build. We simply cannot keep sacking managers every other season because a few vocal fans have no patience.

Celtic weren't beaten last night.

Basildon Hibs
Do you think Petrie will pay off Hughes?

Who comes in to replace him?

How much will we have to pay in compensation?

It won't happen IMHO

Either that or flirt with relegation;I'm sure it'll beYogi that goes......:wink:

(((Fergus)))
Why?

celtic won last night

if you work out your manager can't manage it is better to sack the guy before he causes any more damage...or in our case wastes any more opportunities.

MrSmith
05-08-2010, 08:16 PM
1-6 (agg)

and its no finished yet... dare I suggest Ecky boy Miller??

xyz23jc
Ditto! Just lost the stream, dunno if thats a good thing! :wink: Still £6 wasted tho!:grr:

Just seen the scoreline...It is!:grr:

sauzee1966
first 30mins...great.... then a slide show...frozen screen and eventually...no sound. RIP OFF!!

MountcastleHibs
05-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Nae urgency, Nae width, no clear number one keeper, a manager who's too arrogant/clueless to change things and a team with no passion. Being taught how to really play football here tonight. Please tell me he's taking the mick with those changes coming 20 minutes too late.

ScottB
05-08-2010, 08:18 PM
judge him against good quality scottish opposition........

Like he had for the second half of last season?

Times up for Hughes. If he is as big a 'Hibs man' as he claims hopefully he will see it himself and fall on his sword.

euro Hibby
05-08-2010, 08:20 PM
quality scottish opposition ironic statement

Moulin Yarns
Either that or flirt with relegation;I'm sure it'll beYogi that goes......:wink:

Would you like to answer one of my questions?

Petrie will not pay Hughes off IMHO

Who will come in to replace Hughes?

If they are already in a job then compensation needs to be paid, which Petrie will not want IMHO

PeeJay
What's the score now then...?

Stenny
05-08-2010, 08:22 PM

nae idea!!! getting pumped tho

Northfield Hibby
05-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Like he had for the second half of last season?

Times up for Hughes. If he is as big a 'Hibs man' as he claims hopefully he will see it himself and fall on his sword.

Oh I see, so well just forget the 1st part of the season when we are the top of the league at one point!! Am sure you were thinking different then.

Is there any managers left for us?

Wull
05-08-2010, 08:23 PM
quality scottish opposition ironic statement

Ahm sure he means Ross County likes

Cropley10
Oh I see, so well just forget the 1st part of the season when we are the top of the league at one point!! Am sure you were thinking different then.

But what - exactly - has that got to do with tonight? Or any day or night since Feb? Two wins in 22 games....

Stenny

its free!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8879246.stm

Liberal Hibby
celtic won last night

if you work out your manager can't manage it is better to sack the guy before he causes any more damage...or in our case wastes any more opportunities.

And euro ties are decided home and away and Celtc lost.

The problem we've had is that we never allow mangers to have a bad patch and never give them the opportunity to build a side. The idea that a club that has qualified for Europe twice in a decade should somehow sack a manger for failing to beat a side from a country that is clearly a cut above Scotland and has a much better recent pedigree is utter nonsense.

We are no longer world beaters either at a club or country level and need to temper our ambition accordingly.

Wull
05-08-2010, 08:24 PM
whit happened the tv's workin!!!!!!!!!!!

Basildon Hibs
Would you like to answer one of my questions?

Petrie will not pay Hughes off IMHO

Who will come in to replace Hughes?

If they are already in a job then compensation needs to be paid, which Petrie will not want IMHO

I don't know who would replace Hughes;someone who possibly knows what they're doing...?

And it doesn't have to be someone who is already in employment, does it>?:wink:

Northern Hibby
first 30mins...great.... then a slide show...frozen screen and eventually...no sound. RIP OFF!!

What happened to HI first time & last :grr:

hibsmum
just seen the score been working what the hell is going on:confused:

SRHibs
05-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Yogi isn't having a 'bad patch'; we've been consistently bad for the last 6 months.

Moulin Yarns
05-08-2010, 08:26 PM
I don't know who would replace Hughes;someone who possibly knows what they're doing...?

And it doesn't have to be someone who is already in employment, does it>?:wink:

Anybody that is unemployed at this time won't be any better, surely.

ScottB

While we did have a great run under Yogi early on, a lot of it was good luck, we played poorly in quite a few of those games too, but the luck was with us. Since January Yogis 'system' has been found out, we've won like 2 games since then. Utterly unacceptable form if you ask me.

And despite signing new players, we are yet to see any attempt on his part to correct his faults; poor tactics and poor substitutions.

Northfield Hibby
But what - exactly - has that got to do with tonight? Or any day or night since Feb? Two wins in 22 games....

I was answering a question which didn't involve tonight's game ok?

You and others want him out, I think the board should back him this season, which they haven't!!!

MrSmith
Yogi isn't having a 'bad patch'; we've been consistently bad for the last 6 months.

In truth it is 8 months cause even when we are not playing were are still spineless keek!!!

PhoenixHibee
I'd like to know myself Hibsmum, no-one is reporting, too busy fighting.

Steve-O
05-08-2010, 08:27 PM

Yogi's reign of pish is the 'bad patch'...for Hibs!

Who actually cares now if we had a lucky run a year ago?

YOGI :bye::bye::bye:

TowerHibs
05-08-2010, 08:28 PM

The problem we've had is that we never allow mangers to have a bad patch and never give them the opportunity to build a side. The idea that a club that has qualified for Europe twice in a decade should somehow sack a manger for failing to beat a side from a country that is clearly a cut above Scotland and has a much better recent pedigree is utter nonsense.

We are no longer world beaters either at a club or country level and need to temper our ambition accordingly.

spot on

however our form in 2010 is unacceptable

Gerard
05-08-2010, 08:28 PM
It would be easy to sack John Hughes and his management team. Hibs are a team that needs a manager that has a winning attitude and this has to happen now. I do not know if JH and his MT can create that winning mentality. John Hughes is a great guy and cares about Hibs. I am sure that both games will hurt him.

Any team can lose games but the point is what can you learn from a defeat. If our team learns anything from this defeat then that is acceptable. Maribor are a decent team that has a good recent record in Europe. Our recent record in Europe is poor compared to Maribor.

I hope John Hughes can enjoy succes with Hibs but the longer that we lose games the less likely I can see this happening.

Gerard

stokesmessiah
05-08-2010, 08:29 PM

You and others want him out, I think the board should back him this season, which they haven't!!!

There is a reason behind that!!!!

Haymaker
05-08-2010, 08:29 PM
2-3 De Graff

Wull
05-08-2010, 08:30 PM
commentator says "team really blending together ready for the big kick off" oh deary me

(((Fergus)))
05-08-2010, 08:31 PM

mixu is the only manager we've binned because the football has been unbearable. yogi will be the next or we will fail to capitalise on the good investments we have made.

Richard Scott
05-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Would someone care to enlighten me as to what exactly John Hughes is smiling at? :-/

SunshineOnLeith
05-08-2010, 08:33 PM
We're gonna win 6-2. :notworthy:

I of course meant lose on aggregate.

hibsmum
05-08-2010, 08:33 PM
I'd like to know myself Hibsmum, no-one is reporting, too busy fighting.

can sort of understand why this is a bit embarassing don't seem to have any fight god help us when the season starts:yawn:

Haymaker
05-08-2010, 08:34 PM
2-3 ft

hibeemikey21
Is that 2 for De Graff tonight then? It is according to the BBC anyway. Thats a sliver of decent news I suppose..........

Richard Scott
mixu is the only manager we've binned because the football has been unbearable. yogi will be the next or we will fail to capitalise on the good investments we have made.

Investments? I take it you're refering to the new stand? Because there's no decent investment to be seen anywhere else.

(((Fergus)))
05-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Investments? I take it you're refering to the new stand? Because there's no decent investment to be seen anywhere else.

new stand
new training centre
higher wages (stokes, miller, riordan, ...?)

we need a serious, professional manager to capitalise on those resources. the most important part of the jigsaw is missing

JohnScott
05-08-2010, 08:41 PM

There's been some **** on here tonight and your's is one of the worst!
Havn't backed Yogi!? They gave him the job in the first place. They've still financed this years squad WITHOUT any big money coming in from the sale of players like Bambi. Get a grip man! :grr:

Hibby 2005
05-08-2010, 08:47 PM
6-2 ft.

Northfield Hibby
05-08-2010, 08:53 PM
There's been some **** on here tonight and your's is one of the worst!
Havn't backed Yogi!? They gave him the job in the first place. They've still financed this years squad WITHOUT any big money coming in from the sale of players like Bambi. Get a grip man! :grr:

I couldn't give a flying **** what you think, or what you think of my opinion:yawn:

Yer having a laugh, any money that comes into this club through player sales never goes to the manager, get a grip! We have got a spanking new stadium, a beautiful and gorgeous training centre and the debt under control, now let's see the manager get properly backed!

Richard Scott
05-08-2010, 09:03 PM
new stand
new training centre
higher wages (stokes, miller, riordan, ...?)

we need a serious, professional manager to capitalise on those resources. the most important part of the jigsaw is missing

I see your point. I was saying in an earlier post today that a new east stand isn't a priority at this moment in time. Why the board can't realise that the playing staff and management need urgent attention is beyond me. The new stand isn't needed right now, nor is it an immediate priority. We didn't NEED it. We need a decent squad on the pitch and a manager in the dugout who knows what football actually is. And I see your point about the increase in wages, but it's not enough. Clearly.

ScottB
05-08-2010, 09:11 PM
I couldn't give a flying **** what you think, or what you think of my opinion:yawn:

Yer having a laugh, any money that comes into this club through player sales never goes to the manager, get a grip! We have got a spanking new stadium, a beautiful and gorgeous training centre and the debt under control, now let's see the manager get properly backed!

Your joking right?

Hughes has had more cash to spend than any manager since McLeish! Miller is rumoured to be on £7k a week for christ sake!

Off the top of my head Hughes has signed... Stack, Smith, Brown, Hart, Stephens, McBride, Cregg, Miller, De Graaf, Stokes and had Gow in on loan... Could be more, but there's 11 already. How much more cash should he get exactly?

jacomo
05-08-2010, 09:16 PM

You can't be serious. Obviously Hibs' budget will always be limited but the board have backed Yogi plenty. Aside from the OF, who's brought in more players since last summer?

Northfield Hibby
05-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Your joking right?

Hughes has had more cash to spend than any manager since McLeish! Miller is rumoured to be on £7k a week for christ sake!

Off the top of my head Hughes has signed... Stack, Smith, Brown, Hart, Stephens, McBride, Cregg, Miller, De Graaf, Stokes and had Gow in on loan... Could be more, but there's 11 already. How much more cash should he get exactly?

7k a week:greengrin

Where did you get that rumour from? Absolute ridiculous!

ScottB
05-08-2010, 09:34 PM
7k a week:greengrin

Where did you get that rumour from? Absolute ridiculous!

Was on the other recent thread talking about player wages, I'm not convinced myself, but there seemed to be some agreement on that figure.

Certainly, we are spending much more on players now than at any time since Mcleish, and he has brought in a lot of players. Your point about him not being backed is nonsense.

Northfield Hibby
05-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Was on the other recent thread talking about player wages, I'm not convinced myself, but there seemed to be some agreement on that figure.

Certainly, we are spending much more on players now than at any time since Mcleish, and he has brought in a lot of players. Your point about him not being backed is nonsense.

I agree we are spending more, as are the majority of sides. The problem I've got is that I don't think he's been backed properly this season. He might still bring a couple of players in before the end of the month, and if he does, and still fails, then I've got a difficult job in trying to keep backing him.:wink:

Yogi stated before the season that he wanted to bring in more experience and strength into the side, and I don't think that's happened yet. We are desperate for another centre half and a strong midfielder and fingers crossed he can get them in.