PDA

View Full Version : McCarthy on Petrie/Fletcher/Moronic Yams (Merged)

Speedway
05-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Enjoyed this:

McCarthy, who also dealt with Petrie when he was manager at Sunderland, knows all about the Hibs chairman's reputation for extracting from the buyer what he feels is the right price for one of his club's assets.

"Nobody gets anything for a relatively modest fee from Hibs," he smiled. "When did that last happen? Have you ever dealt with him (Petrie]? Do me a favour. Tell me the last one who came out of there for a relatively modest fee?

"The last person who left there for nowt was probably the manager when he got the sack! Listen, it's always the same. I don't kick myself because we didn't do it. We've won some and we've lost some. But I've won with him because whatever we paid for him he's worth every penny.

From here: http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Fletcher-is-worth-every-penny.6457826.jp

bighairyfaeleith
05-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Don't really like mccarthy but that was a quality read!!

1875er
05-08-2010, 08:26 AM
:notworthy: :guesswho:

All hail the Tache!

Great reading...

RickyS
05-08-2010, 09:09 AM
:notworthy: :guesswho:

All hail the Tache!

Great reading...

I'd say the Great Tache is our most valuable asset, hopefully articles like this dont bring him to English clubs attention:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2010, 09:12 AM
I'd say the Great Tache is our most valuable asset, hopefully articles like this dont bring him to English clubs attention:greengrin

How much could we get in a transfer fee for him? Would it be enough for that heliport we need that will finish the stadium off?

KerPlunk
05-08-2010, 09:13 AM
http://www.rodpetrie.com/ :greengrin

IanM
05-08-2010, 09:27 AM
The deal negotiated by Hibs in June 2009, after Fletcher had struck his first and so far only international goal, was another feather in Rod Petrie's cap.

McCarthy, who also dealt with Petrie when he was manager at Sunderland, knows all about the Hibs chairman's reputation for extracting from the buyer what he feels is the right price for one of his club's assets.

"Nobody gets anything for a relatively modest fee from Hibs," he smiled. "When did that last happen? Have you ever dealt with him (Petrie]? Do me a favour. Tell me the last one who came out of there for a relatively modest fee?

"The last person who left there for nowt was probably the manager when he got the sack! Listen, it's always the same. I don't kick myself because we didn't do it. We've won some and we've lost some. But I've won with him because whatever we paid for him he's worth every penny.":greengrin

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Fletcher-is-worth-every-penny.6457826.jp

Leithenhibby
05-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Was giving him it tight during the WC, but I take that all back now... :greengrin

RoYO!
05-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Brilliant :thumbsup: nice spot. And he is spot on with his observation

cockneymike
05-08-2010, 09:39 AM
I liked the bit when he talked about Hearts fans being morons.

Houchy
05-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Always thought of the guy as a bit of a stroker but he actually comes across well in this article.

TornadoHibby
05-08-2010, 11:51 AM

The version of the article I just read doesn't have any reference to what you speak about! :confused:

Did you just make it up then? :cool2:

proud_and_green
05-08-2010, 11:58 AM
The version of the article I just read doesn't have any reference to what you speak about! :confused:

page 2 of the article

gillythehibby
05-08-2010, 11:58 AM

You have tae click on page 2. There are 2 pages to this article.:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
05-08-2010, 12:02 PM
moronic element, aye four stands almost full of them!!

New Corrie
05-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Could listen to big Mick all day, as candid as ever, interesting read and good luck to both of them this season.

iwasthere1972
05-08-2010, 12:26 PM
McCarthy has gone up in my estimation.

I would've loved to hear his comments about their wee asbestos ridden main stand and their big team mentality tripe.

Petrie a legend in his own right.

Hibbywolf
05-08-2010, 01:03 PM
moronic element, aye four stands almost full of them!!

they were far from full on tuesday!not 1 song from the ****bos,good rendition of "there here, there there, there every f***ing where empty seats empty seats" from the Wolves fans

heretoday
05-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Could listen to big Mick all day, as candid as ever, interesting read and good luck to both of them this season.

Old school football type, great stuff. I like him protecting Fletcher from the Hearts morons.

I could have done with more McCarthy at the world cup and less Hansen, Shearer and the other couch potatoes.

7Hero
05-08-2010, 01:35 PM

where does it say that

Musselbound
05-08-2010, 01:42 PM
A moronic element? What is he talking about? They are all morons.:agree:

RickyS
05-08-2010, 02:54 PM
A moronic element? What is he talking about? They are all morons.:agree:

Big Mick was quite kind to the ****in ugly asbestos ridden *******s:greengrin

lyonhibs
05-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Guy drove up the wall with his slaverings during the World Cup, but he's bang on the money with that interview :agree:

1two
05-08-2010, 03:56 PM
I cant see any thing about him saying yams are morons

euro Hibby
05-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Has to be rememberd that Fletcher did get some dogs abuse from our moronic element when he was just breaking through as a seventeen year old. Always thought it unfair as you could see that he had bags of talent and was probably better at that age than any than most of his famous Hibs colleagues who have gone on to better things.
Good luck to him at Wolves - wish he was playing for us tonight.

TornadoHibby
05-08-2010, 04:08 PM
You have tae click on page 2. There are 2 pages to this article.:wink:

Cheers, got it now! :rolleyes: