PDA

View Full Version : Maribor not happy....

Cabbage East
04-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Not sure if this has already been posted, just seen it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8887166.stm

Maribor angry at Easter Road travel delay

Hibernian's Europa League opponents Maribor cancelled their pre-match media conference, claiming they had not been treated with due respect.

The Slovenians were upset after their team bus arrived 30 minutes late for a training session at Easter Road.

Maribor media officer Zeljko Latin told BBC Scotland: "In 20 years of European football something like this has never happened to us.

"The driver took one hour and 15 minutes to get to the stadium."

Latin was also aggrieved that a fire alarm had gone off at the team hotel while the visiting players were catching up on sleep.

There were traffic diversions in the west of Edinburgh due to a gas explosion and a resulting criminal investigation, with congestion on the A71 Gorgie Road.

However, Maribor, who lead 3-0 from the first leg, were critical of the driver entrusted to get them from their West Lothian hotel to Hibernian's home on the east side of the city.

I think if we get an early goal then it's all to play for again

Hibs midfielder Liam Miller

"He (the driver) circled the ground for more than 30 minutes," added Latin. "He told us he does not know where to go. It's weird the driver cannot find his way. We also had a fire alarm at the hotel as the players were resting this afternoon.

"After all we have done for our football friends from Hibernian we expect more respect. Such things are a big surprise to us. This will make us more motivated for the game."

Bemused Hibs officials refused to comment on the claims.

Meanwhile, Hibs midfielder Liam Miller believes his side can mount a comeback against the Slovenian league leaders.

"I still don't believe the tie is over," said the Irishman. "We've got the home game to play and I think if we get an early goal then it's all to play for again.

"Personally, I don't think we played as well as we can do away from home and it's up to ourselves to turn it around.

"Maybe there were a couple of reasons why it didn't work last week, I can't put my finger on it exactly, but I know we can play a lot better than we did out there.

"I just think we let ourselves down and we know that. It's up to ourselves to turn it around in the home tie.

"It means everything to the lads at the moment to stay in the competition. Obviously, a lot of lads haven't experienced European nights and I'm sure it will be a special atmosphere on Thursday night."

Judas Iscariot
04-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Good, nae joy, greetin faced ****wits..

Anyone ken whaer they're stayin?

A wee bomb threat at 3am wouldn't go a miss would it :wink:

Cabbage East
04-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Seems pretty likely since someones already done it today.

4am would be a good time I reckon...:wink:

zlatan
04-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Between this and swapping the numbers about in that last Dutch friendly there's no way we're going to fail now!

Diclonius
04-08-2010, 10:43 PM
They're just getting cocky, now.

C'mon Hibs, let's hammer 'em.

Prawn Sandwich
04-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Well I don't understand that? I got the 27 at about quarter to seven tonight and there wasn't any delays. I also had a wee snooze this afternoon and the smoke detector didn't go off once?

Rossco442
04-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Heaven forbid they should be 30 minutes late for their poxy training session after 3 schoolchildren DIED in a gas explosion.

And they talk about disrespect.

iwasthere1972
04-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Not sure if this has already been posted, just seen it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8887166.stm

:dummytit:

Look if Hibs really wanted to be devious then they would have instructed the bus driver to head towards Glasgow and drop them off at Celtic Park before making a swift exit.

Mon_the_cabbage
04-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Maybe someone should point out to them that 3 young children lost their lives this afternoon in an incident which resulted in a major route into Edinburgh from the West being closed.

They were only 30 minutes late!!

Baldy
04-08-2010, 10:55 PM
:dummytit:

Look if Hibs really wanted to be devious then they would have instructed the bus driver to head towards Glasgow and drop them off at Celtic Park before making a swift exit.

I wonder who the coach company was ... what is worrying is that a company has allowed a driver who does not know where to go at Easter Road top do a high profile job. ..

Cabbage East
04-08-2010, 10:57 PM
I wonder who the coach company was ... what is worrying is that a company has allowed a driver who does not know where to go at Easter Road top do a high profile job. ..

Yeah very worrying. It's almost like he did it on purpose....

Prawn Sandwich
04-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Just in a caught up with today's news. I had no idea that three children had died. Very sad and puts things into perspective.

jgl07
04-08-2010, 11:28 PM
What a shower of whingers.

How is a major accident and traffic jams a sign of 'disrespect''?

They are obviously too full of themselves and need to be taken down a peg or two.

cabbageandribs1875
04-08-2010, 11:34 PM
did the driver take them a ground tour around tincastle, let them see old archaic ruins, and a big pink asbestos-ridden tinpot auld rackety tin shed ???

P.S. i'm just on my way to tesco, is the hotel anywhere near ?? i could toot the horn a few times outside it :greengrin

Toaods
04-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Perhaps they were caught up in the chaos and the driver didn't know if it was possible to escape the jam. Hibs and official will quite rightly tell them to shove their complaint up their ;-)

Toaods
04-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Perhaps they were caught up in the chaos and the driver didn't know if it was possible to escape the jam. Hibs and official will quite rightly tell them to shove their complaint up their ;-)

Jamie
05-08-2010, 12:45 AM

**** I saw the coach tae inside the compound at the south, was orange log allans or similiar, dunno if they have orange logo on the side of their coaches ?

edit: bad pic here but you might know ?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Hibeesbounce/DSC01002modified.jpg

blairwallace
05-08-2010, 02:39 AM
Well done to the guy setting off the fire alarm at the hotel :thumbsup: hopefully doing it all night so the tards get no sleep and play gash letting in 6 goals. MON THE EDINBURGH HIBEES!!!!!!!!!

Hibercelona
05-08-2010, 04:01 AM
What a bunch of t0$$ers! :grr:

Hope we destroy them tonight.

Barney McGrew
05-08-2010, 04:08 AM
Anyone ken whaer they're stayin?

The story quotes a 'West Lothian hotel', so I'd guess it's Dalmahoy

1two
05-08-2010, 06:07 AM
Some hotel in livi apparently!

I watched the training session, the temporary goals they were using hadnt been pegged down and they collapsed (they set them up themselves).

The coach started shouting and kicked the goals as they lay on the ground! Quite amusing!

ALF TUPPER
05-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Just heard all this cr*p on t'wireless receiver. Radio scotland playing a sound bite of the Haribo press officer " Hibs disrepectful etc/.." - "driver didnt knowhere he was going. "

:yawn:

total nonsense !

More motivation for the Hibees tonight ( like we need any more)

Anyhoo..

Just heard my little grandson singing this little ditty ...........:dummytit:

"The wheels on the bus go round and...... " haha

one for tonight ! lol :devil:

Baldy
05-08-2010, 06:44 AM
**** I saw the coach tae inside the compound at the south, was orange log allans or similiar, dunno if they have orange logo on the side of their coaches ?

edit: bad pic here but you might know ?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Hibeesbounce/DSC01002modified.jpg

Allanders of Milgavie, not surprised he didn't know where he was going, the standard of their drivers aint exactly renowned, also surprised Hibs didn't point them in the direction of an Edinburgh company

bighairyfaeleith
05-08-2010, 06:57 AM
What a bunch of winging pricks, did yogi bleet when he got to the ski resort in slovenia and there was no ****ing snow?

Did he ****, he just got on with picking a new team line up instead. aaaaah!!!!!!!

Stevie Reid
05-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Given the absolutely horrendous nature of the incident that caused the delay, their stupid comments are at best horribly rude, and at worst, ridiculously insensitive and disrespectful.

**** the *****, let's get ****ing clean in about them tonight :grr:

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Playing Devil's Advocate here, but isn't it entirely possible that they didn't know of what had happened? Foreign country and all that...

The incident happened at 3. When were they at ER? Maybe the stuff at Slateford is irrelevant.

In any event, going from West Lothian to ER.... the bypass would be the smart way, no?

Ritchie
05-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Lets make their trip a complete misery!!

COME ON HIBS!! :notworthy::notworthy:

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Playing Devil's Advocate here, but isn't it entirely possible that they didn't know of what had happened? Foreign country and all that...

The incident happened at 3. When were they at ER? Maybe the stuff at Slateford is irrelevant.

In any event, going from West Lothian to ER.... the bypass would be the smart way, no?

Bus drivers, not the brightest.

Boris
05-08-2010, 10:36 AM

Aye, but even more worrying, they could have got a bus driver that kens where Easter Road is awright but drives everywhere at 120 miles an hour then they'd have got there early..............:greengrin

JimBHibees
05-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Heaven forbid they should be 30 minutes late for their poxy training session after 3 schoolchildren DIED in a gas explosion.

And they talk about disrespect.

Completely agree. Tw@ts.

Mary Hinge
05-08-2010, 11:26 AM
None of the arrangements were made by Hibs ....... It was all arranged through a company called Professional Pre-season Tours and they are currently carrying out an investigation into the problems.

Now let's ram them tonight :thumbsup:

Sean1875
05-08-2010, 11:37 AM
The story quotes a 'West Lothian hotel', so I'd guess it's Dalmahoy
its not dalmahoy.

Lucius Apuleius
05-08-2010, 11:42 AM
its not dalmahoy.

They would have more chance of finding someone who has Slovenian for a first language at the Dalmahoy than they would of someone speaking English, that is for sure.

Bad Martini
05-08-2010, 11:43 AM
They're big enough and ****ing ugly enough to organise their own transport, bus, hotel, training session and anything else they NEED to play the game.

If they dont like that, they can **** RIGHT OFF back to Slovenia and not bother playing in European Competition.

There's lots of things we can blame Hibs/Yogi/Petrie for. The ****ing Edinburgh traffic, due to incidents afforementioned and the issues these stupid ********s note are NOTHING to do with us.

I hope they have a miserable day, I hope we horse them tonight though unlikely and they can ram their "this will us mair angry and keen to beat you" right up their self important holes.

Most folk deserve respect, regardless. These dickheads, if all the quotes above are true, deserve nothing. To come out with all this *****, they deserve a kick in the baws and 4 goals past them.

GET IN TAE THESE CHEEKY, COCKY, WIDEO ********S.

ENDOF

stokesmessiah
05-08-2010, 11:53 AM
They're big enough and ****ing ugly enough to organise their own transport, bus, hotel, training session and anything else they NEED to play the game.

If they dont like that, they can **** RIGHT OFF back to Slovenia and not bother playing in European Competition.

There's lots of things we can blame Hibs/Yogi/Petrie for. The ****ing Edinburgh traffic, due to incidents afforementioned and the issues these stupid ********s note are NOTHING to do with us.

I hope they have a miserable day, I hope we horse them tonight though unlikely and they can ram their "this will us mair angry and keen to beat you" right up their self important holes.

Most folk deserve respect, regardless. These dickheads, if all the quotes above are true, deserve nothing. To come out with all this *****, they deserve a kick in the baws and 4 goals past them.

ENDOF

What he said :thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
05-08-2010, 11:55 AM

ENDOF

I'll go along wi that:greengrin

banarc7062
05-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Sounds like the treatment the Italians used to be guilty of towards opponents:greengrin

Dinkydoo
05-08-2010, 12:01 PM
A bit ironic and insensitive that they have the cheek to call us disrespectful :grr:

Think they should do some research before slating opponents in the media considering the arrangements had fek all to do wi us. :rolleyes:

I missed the first leg (and was apparently quite fortunate to have) due to being in Tunisia but I'm paying for the game on Hibs TV tonight.

GGTTH!!:notworthy:

machibby
05-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Someone should put then in touch with that driver who speed to ER with the open top cup celebration bus. For once his speed driving may be appreciated.

Baldy
05-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Aye, but even more worrying, they could have got a bus driver that kens where Easter Road is awright but drives everywhere at 120 miles an hour then they'd have got there early..............:greengrin

Oi:wink:

JimBHibees
05-08-2010, 01:03 PM

ENDOF

Classic. Agree with every word.

bighairyfaeleith
05-08-2010, 01:08 PM
I have to say, if all it takes to rattle these boys i delaying there bus then they are in for a shock tonight when a sold out easter road (best atmosphere in the country) is giving them all pelters:greengrin

Chuckie
05-08-2010, 01:39 PM
They're going to be less happy come the final whistle tonight..

Mugs..

Hibernia Na Eir
05-08-2010, 01:49 PM
who are Maribor to complain?, a diddy country with diddy people

jog on silly boys:bye:

Hibernia Na Eir
05-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Maribor team flight departs Edinburgh at 0050 tomorrow, maybe a p**** off Hibee could "delay" their flight? Pee them off even further :boo hoo:

they'd still complain if there was engine trouble etc etc etc.... as big a whinger as HoMoFC

Sas_The_Hibby
05-08-2010, 02:34 PM
who are Maribor to complain?, a diddy country with diddy people

jog on silly boys:bye:

Aye, if only they had your enlightened world view. :rolleyes:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Bunch of fuds! :faf:

Is Mad Vlad involved with this lot anaw? Sounds like his kind of nonsense.