PDA

View Full Version : flair and width

since90plustwo
04-08-2010, 06:20 PM
IMO i think what we need to do to have a succesful season, is to add a bit of flair and width to the side. Dundee United and us have about the same quality of players as us, but what makes them more successful is the width and flair they play with. if we can add those two aspects to our game, and remain tight and solid as a unit at the back, i dont see any reason why we cant be challenging the old firm, we have the quality in the likes of galbraith wotherspoon and zemmama who are all good wingers and natural widemen, so lets use them!

truehibernian
04-08-2010, 06:30 PM
It's been lacking since the days of Sproule, Brown, Thomson and O'Connor. Good post and 100% agree. Rangers employ width in Miller, Naismith, Beasley, jeez even Laugherty. Celtic likewise with McGeady, McCourt, McGinn, Maloney. Dundee Utd as you said with Conway and Goodwillie. Even Hearts with Driver and Templeton. A lot of Hibs play comes through the middle of the park and very few goals are from crosses or corners etc. The game is condensed in the middle of the pitch and there were times last season that the crowd almost willed the ball out to wee Zemmama, Wotherspoon and Co, because we were so so laboured in getting it out to wide areas. Hughes is stubborn though, so don't expect to see width and any opposition's full backs being stretched for a good time yet mate. A full back coming to Easter Road would be as well bringing a deck chair and a good book to read.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-08-2010, 06:30 PM
How do you mean REMAIN tight and solid at the back? Is that what you think Hibs are?

yekimevol
04-08-2010, 07:09 PM
IMO i think what we need to do to have a succesful season, is to add a bit of flair and width to the side. Dundee United and us have about the same quality of players as us, but what makes them more successful is the width and flair they play with. if we can add those two aspects to our game, and remain tight and solid as a unit at the back, i dont see any reason why we cant be challenging the old firm, we have the quality in the likes of galbraith wotherspoon and zemmama who are all good wingers and natural widemen, so lets use them!

yeh i miss moggas style of football as well mate :greengrin