PDA

View Full Version : If yogi....

the happy hibee
04-08-2010, 04:31 PM
starts rankin tomorrow night he has not got a clue and contining to start him is going to be one of the main reasons he will end up getting sacked. I am sorry but rankin is not fit to wear a hibs shirt he is not good enough ( before we get the usual he covers every blade of grass on the pitch rubbish) as ive said before get me fit and i will cover every blade of grass on the pitch for hibs and iam hibs daft but i am not good enough to play for hibs unfortunatley and neither is rankin! from the happy hibee son colin

iwasthere1972
04-08-2010, 04:38 PM
starts rankin tomorrow night he has not got a clue and contining to start him is going to be one of the main reasons he will end up getting sacked. I am sorry but rankin is not fit to wear a hibs shirt he is not good enough ( before we get the usual he covers every blade of grass on the pitch rubbish) as ive said before get me fit and i will cover every blade of grass on the pitch for hibs and iam hibs daft but i am not good enough to play for hibs unfortunatley and neither is rankin! from the happy hibee son colin

Hi Nishie. :wink:

CB_NO3
04-08-2010, 04:46 PM
I agree, dont want to be negative but I dont think yogi has it to cut it as a Hibs manager, I think we will struggle this season. Murray is going to get ripped apart all season, i seen it twice v Maribor and twice v Dunfermline, has Yogi noticed it, I doubt it. Murray should be centre half and Hogg should be out the team as he has went backwards big time. As for rankin, well its like Yogi will never drop him.

truehibernian
04-08-2010, 04:54 PM
JR keeps going when those around him don't. Agree that he can be infuriating at times, but in the last 6 games of the season he was definitely one of the "star performers" out of a bad bunch. Good engine, despite boos and jeers he always gives a shift, and would rather have him in there tomorrow than someone less industrious. What has McBride given the side since coming back from injury ? What people forget is that the way JH sets up, gives players like Rankin and Miller next to no chance getting time on the ball and being footballers. The midfield (ours) is constantly overun hence players like JR do look poor. It's not easy covering every blade of grass as you put it, when others in the side (and beside you) don't. Just my tuppence worth.

CB_NO3
04-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Being a centre midfielder your main attribute has to be able to pass a ball, thats something that Rankin aint good at. I would keep him as a squad player but dont think he should start week in week out.

FromTheCapital
04-08-2010, 05:09 PM
We have to go 4-3-3 and wee Rankin works well but we have to play McBride. He'll give a bit of comfort to the defence whilst Miller, DeGraaf, Stokes, Deeks and Nishy get foward and attack. And if Maribor do hit us on the counter you've got the strong McBride, Murray, Hart, Stephens (That who'd I start but anyway Yogi will start Hogg) and hopefully Bamba. :agree:

But in all honesty I think Yogi will start Rankin. :grr:

truehibernian
04-08-2010, 05:09 PM
I would agree with that mate, but being an ex midfielder myself, I think Rankin and Miller are often asked to do too much and often forget what their roles are. They find themselves surrounded at times because other teams play a standard 4-4-2 with height/physicality in the midfield. Riordan offers great play going forward but not defensively, and on the right, well at times there is no RM as Nish is playing this ludicrous "behind the striker" role and Stokes is isolated ploughing a lone furrow. That is why I think the work of Rankin is overlooked and his distribution is often hurried and rushed.

Diclonius
04-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Okay, so Rankin's tomorrow night's scapegoat. Cheers on getting that one sorted out before the game's even started, it'll save everyone a lot of bother in the post match selection process. :aok:

SloopJB
04-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Have to assume this is tongue in cheek.
It's really easy to post an opinion on what you think is wrong, and I'm guessing you think John Rankin is the wrong player to be in the team. It's another thing to be more constructive and offer a suggested solution, that way you can pit your managerial experience and knowledge of the Hibs squad against that of John Hughes.

Eganov
04-08-2010, 06:19 PM
I just want to boo when I hear his and Hogg's names in the team selection (I don't actually do it) which sums it up for me. Please yogi aim higher

Baldy Foghorn
04-08-2010, 06:34 PM

Pathetic.......What about trying to back the players??? Novel idea but it works....

CRAZYHIBBY
04-08-2010, 06:39 PM
unfortunately hes one of our better players, and he covers every blade of grass:agree:

Flynn
04-08-2010, 06:57 PM
I was unfortunate enough to see the game via the official site last week. The amount of times Rankin gave the ball away last Thursday was inexcusable. We aren't talking cross field passes or defence splitting balls, just simple passes to a team mate no more than 10-15 yards away. Worst performance from a Hibs player I've seen for quite some time. I hope he is among the substitutes tomorrow. Decent(ish) squad player IMHO.

I will support him tomorrow if he happens to be picked as I will support anyone who plays for Hibs. I just hope his (and the teams) performance is a 100% improvement from last week.

Baldy Foghorn
04-08-2010, 07:00 PM
I was unfortunate enough to see the game via the official site last week. The amount of times Rankin gave the ball away last Thursday was inexcusable. We aren't talking cross field passes or defence splitting balls, just simple passes to a team mate no more than 10-15 yards away. Worst performance from a Hibs player I've seen for quite some time. I hope he is among the substitutes tomorrow. Decent(ish) squad player IMHO.

I will support him tomorrow if he happens to be picked as I will support anyone who plays for Hibs. I just hope his (and the teams) performance is a 100% improvement from last week.

Yet again Rankin takes the flak, but McBride, Miller were equally culpable, and Wotherspoon gave away possession which lead to 2nd goal..... Still the anti Rankin brigade keeps rolling on:grr:

Hibercelona
04-08-2010, 07:03 PM
We have worse than Rankin, yet he probably takes the highest percentage of stick.

Brooster
04-08-2010, 07:10 PM
It wont happen tomoro but I think the time is right to phase Currie in and phase Rankin out. Currie is a better player in my opinion, he can tackle, pass and shoot - boy can he shoot!

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2010, 07:15 PM
It wont happen tomoro but I think the time is right to phase Currie in and phase Rankin out. Currie is a better player in my opinion, he can tackle, pass and shoot - boy can he shoot!

Sunday was my first look at the lad, and i liked what i saw.

GreenPJ
04-08-2010, 07:22 PM

That is surely debateable.

Brooster
04-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Sunday was my first look at the lad, and i liked what i saw.

Behave, you have seen him before.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Behave, you have seen him before.

Have i? i dont remember it. :confused:

Brooster
04-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Have i? i dont remember it. :confused:

He came on at Ewood Park and Im sure he played against Bolton as well.

Pretty Boy
04-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Yet again Rankin takes the flak, but McBride, Miller were equally culpable, and Wotherspoon gave away possession which lead to 2nd goal..... Still the anti Rankin brigade keeps rolling on:grr:

:agree:

Rankin wasn't great last week but he was no worse than anyone else. But when it came to dishing out the stick he was no.1 on the hitlist.

I like Rankin, you know you will get 100% from him, he's fit, commited and keeps going when others around him start hiding or going in the huff. Yes, a lot of what he tries doesn't come off but at least he tries it in the first place. I'm aware there are better players out there than Rankin but in our current squad he is far from the worst and doesn't deserve half the criticism he gets.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2010, 07:53 PM
He came on at Ewood Park and Im sure he played against Bolton as well.

Ah that explains it. Alcohol haze. :greengrin

the happy hibee
04-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Pathetic.......What about trying to back the players??? Novel idea but it works....
Why is it pathetic? For what its worth i always back any hibs player who is playing and i will again tomorrow even rankin if hes is playing! i just dont see what he does for us in a game! Can you honestly say he was worth £100,000 we payed for him?

the happy hibee
04-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Have to assume this is tongue in cheek.
It's really easy to post an opinion on what you think is wrong, and I'm guessing you think John Rankin is the wrong player to be in the team. It's another thing to be more constructive and offer a suggested solution, that way you can pit your managerial experience and knowledge of the Hibs squad against that of John Hughes.No not tongue and cheek atall mate! My solution for the time being would be to bring wotherspoon into his role in the team at least when he gets the ball he doesnt try the daft wee chip passes rankin does or pass the ball backwards 80 percent of the time he gets it! i would put de graf out on the right were he has played plenty of times before in holland and have miller and mcbride together in the middle with deek and stokes up top!

RickyS
04-08-2010, 08:43 PM
We have worse than Rankin, yet he probably takes the highest percentage of stick.

always thought Nishy took the most, Rankin close 2nd

RickyS
04-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Why is it pathetic? For what its worth i always back any hibs player who is playing and i will again tomorrow even rankin if hes is playing! i just dont see what he does for us in a game! Can you honestly say he was worth £100,000 we payed for him?

does that not make him our most expensive current squad member?