PDA

View Full Version : Positive Board

Ken
04-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Right before anyone moans about freedom of speech etc...

Can we just go a day or 2 without having a forum full of negative posts/replies.

Fair enough we were heavily defeated last Thursday, Yogi's tactics were probably wrong and he didn't change it quickly enough, but at the same time, Maribor's 1st 2 goals came from individual mistakes, 2 great finishes and the 3rd was a very good breakaway.

Who knows, if Riordan and Stokes had of came on earlier, Maribor may have created even more chances and scored again?? With a bit of luck we could have kept it level until half time and then it would have been a different game in the 2nd half. We didn't, they got the goals and kicked on from there.

Overall, I don't think they looked that great a team and probably only shaded it because they had a few breaks, the goals gave them confidence and they had home advantage.

As it's been mentioned earlier, an early goal can make all the difference :agree:

All we can do now (as supporters) is get right behind the team tomorrow night and hope the players perform to the levels we know they can. :agree:

Phil MaGlass
04-08-2010, 11:43 AM
gerintaethum

bighairyfaeleith
04-08-2010, 11:43 AM
no :greengrin

houston1875
04-08-2010, 11:44 AM

Can we just go a day or 2 without having a forum full of negative posts/replies.

Fair enough we were heavily defeated last Thursday, Yogi's tactics were probably wrong and he didn't change it quickly enough, but at the same time, Maribor's 1st 2 goals came from individual mistakes, 2 great finishes and the 3rd was a very good breakaway.

Who knows, if Riordan and Stokes had of came on earlier, Maribor may have created even more chances and scored again?? With a bit of luck we could have kept it level until half time and then it would have been a different game in the 2nd half. We didn't, they got the goals and kicked on from there.

Overall, I don't think they looked that great a team and probably only shaded it because they had a few breaks, the goals gave them confidence and they had home advantage.

As it's been mentioned earlier, an early goal can make all the difference :agree:

All we can do now (as supporters) is get right behind the team tomorrow night and hope the players perform to the levels we know they can. :agree:

agree!!!!!! :top marks

Phil MaGlass
04-08-2010, 11:46 AM
WHY is it I cant get gerintaethum in uppercase?

Ell_Chrisso
04-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Think someone made the point about this the other day that, Forums are for debating. Wether you are being positive or negative that's what this messageboard is all about. I think what some people's views on Yogi are that regardless of a miracle turn around tomorrow, they want him out the door.

Id have to say that im going to try my best to stick by him, but he is tactically naive and doesnt know how to change things when they aren't working. Im not going to lie and say he's a good manager, because he's not. But im not sure we could get a better candidate. So im hoping that he can start becoming smarter to things onthe pitch when they are happening, and not when he is analysing it AFTER the game.

I do howevershare your enthusiasm on getting behind the team tomorrow. Win, Lose or Draw.. im still a Hibee at the end of the day! :greengrin

jacques_b
04-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Agreed.

Let's wait until Thursday 9:30pm after we've been pumped...

Phil D. Rolls
04-08-2010, 04:42 PM

Aye right. (A double positive).:greengrin

Martin
04-08-2010, 04:46 PM

:top marks

Sas_The_Hibby
04-08-2010, 05:10 PM
There seems to be an implied assumption, by some people, that unless you say you're fully behind Hughes and expect Hibs to win by a barrowload on Thursday, you'll therefore be booing the team throughout the game. (I realise I'm exaggerating a bit here, but you get my meaning).

Yes, I'll be right behind the team tomorrow night, yes I'll be trying to make a difference, as part of the crowd. That doesn't stop me from having serious doubts about Hughes' abilities, based on the last 10 months experience, or being realistic enough to think it unlikely we'll win on aggregate - very few teams come back from a first leg 3-0 defeat. Or does that make me less than a real Hibby because I'm not 'on message'? I certainly don't believe it will affect what actually happens against Maribor TBH.

GRANTON_HIBS
04-08-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm positive,

that the tie is over, thanks to the head coach's mind-bending team selection last week.

I want to live in a mansion and drive a Maserati but it hasn't happened and probably won't, I want Hibs to win by 4 goals tomorrow but it probably won't happen.

Clinging onto reality.

SloopJB
04-08-2010, 05:37 PM
+

Bad Martini
04-08-2010, 08:43 PM
If we get ****ed, I reserve the right to blame whoever made a rodger dunt of it ... whoever that may be. Cause, every other radge in Edinburgh and beyond will reserve their right to rip the pish oot of us should we get pumped with nae skill or effort employed. :grr: :greengrin

That said, :greengrin

MON THE HIBS :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kevvy1875
04-08-2010, 11:24 PM
I feel positive....look.

http://joyhog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/toy-story-3-poster-rex.jpg

I do believe we will score 3 tomorrow:agree:

danderhallhibby
05-08-2010, 01:14 AM
I have been a diehard Hibby for almost 36 years. I have never known what to expect when i walk up to ER. I cant wait for the game tonight. Can we do it.... AYE! Will we do it....I dunno! Get behind the team and you never know. Erin go Bragh. Come on the Cabbage!