PDA

View Full Version : Yogi's interview on Hibernian TV

California-Hibs
03-08-2010, 09:38 PM
I urge anyone who has Hibernian tv to watch that interview. I bloody cant WAIT until Thursday! Yogi gives a fantastic passion-filled interview and has litterally got me buzzing for the game! :thumbsup:

Cabbage East
03-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Post a link then

jane_says
03-08-2010, 10:05 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10290,00.html

Amsterdam
03-08-2010, 11:33 PM
"If we can get in at half time, and its still nil nil, then its game on". Inspiring stuff:bye:

sleeping giant
03-08-2010, 11:36 PM
"If we can get in at half time, and its still nil nil, then its game on". Inspiring stuff:bye:

he never said that .

He said if we are winning at half time with a clean sheet , its game on.

Dunbar Hibee
03-08-2010, 11:37 PM

Not at all what he said.:bye:

Sas_The_Hibby
03-08-2010, 11:42 PM
I urge anyone who has Hibernian tv to watch that interview. I bloody cant WAIT until Thursday! Yogi gives a fantastic passion-filled interview and has litterally got me buzzing for the game! :thumbsup:

If you're literally buzzing, have you not maybe just swallowed your phone and it's on vibrate?

Sorry to rain on your parade; however passion-filled interviews are all very well but they hardly guarantee a performance. What we need from the management team right now, frankly, is tactical nous, motivational skills and a sense of reality.

I'll be shouting the team on on Thursday with the best of them but I'm afraid I now find anything Hughes says in interviews completely irrelevant.

hiblander
04-08-2010, 01:03 AM
but I'm afraid I now find anything Hughes says in interviews completely irrelevant.

Completely agree...he loves to talk nonsense...hope it isn't a case of all talk no action..close no cigar..talk the talk, walk the walk...:blah:

hfc1875x
04-08-2010, 02:45 AM
Been listening to that same old sparff for over a year now. Yogi can be infectious as he got me onside with his pre-season interviews, even though I hadn't forgot about our eye bleeding football from the second half of last season. I wanted to give him the benifit of the doubt but still nothing has changed. There are clearly parts of the team needing strenghened and he has failed miserable. I really hope we can turn it around on Thursday but I cant see it happening. Its going to be a very long frustrating season.

Niffy
04-08-2010, 04:15 AM
Been listening to that same old sparff for over a year now. Yogi can be infectious as he got me onside with his pre-season interviews, even though I hadn't forgot about our eye bleeding football from the second half of last season. I wanted to give him the benifit of the doubt but still nothing has changed. There are clearly parts of the team needing strenghened and he has failed miserable. I really hope we can turn it around on Thursday but I cant see it happening. Its going to be a very long frustrating season.

Snap.

Almost fell for it last night , then remembered all of the end of last season pre match rallying callsa from him. He even mentions tactics :)

jonny
04-08-2010, 07:31 AM
I agree with the original post - like everyone else Ive heard Yogi spout some nonsense but dont think Ive ever heard him so passionate about a game. He did say if we're winning the game at half time with a clean sheet then its game on but personally I reckon if we get through the first half without conceding then we've got a chance. 3 Goals in 1 half is possible.......

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2010, 07:48 AM

Stop smoking the weed, clear your ears and listen to what he actually said. :bye:

Dashing Bob S
04-08-2010, 07:55 AM
What a bunch of mumpy cerebral old cynics we have on this thread today!

Football's about passion and believing that you can upset the odds. Yes, we will probably lose, but let's go down fighting and enjoy the experience.

What do we expect from a manager in those circumstances? The Bobby Williamson or Alex Miller treatment? Spare us. Let's not criticise JH for the one aspect of his job that he does do well, there are plenty of others to have a dig about.

Nice one Yogi, let's get into them!

ShanksSaidNo
04-08-2010, 07:57 AM
If you're literally buzzing, have you not maybe just swallowed your phone and it's on vibrate?

Sorry to rain on your parade; however passion-filled interviews are all very well but they hardly guarantee a performance. What we need from the management team right now, frankly, is tactical nous, motivational skills and a sense of reality.

I'll be shouting the team on on Thursday with the best of them but I'm afraid I now find anything Hughes says in interviews completely irrelevant.
Well rain on his parade is exactly what you've done. Infact p*ss on his paprade is probably more apt. The boy is merely posting some positivity ahead of a massive game for us. why did you feel the need to come on and put a negative slant on it?

Wembley67
04-08-2010, 07:58 AM
**** it, we are going to win and go through.

Devine
04-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Well rain on his parade is exactly what you've done. Infact p*ss on his paprade is probably more apt. The boy is merely posting some positivity ahead of a massive game for us. why did you feel the need to come on and put a negative slant on it?

Because some people are fed up of hearing 'passion filled' interviews for the umpteenth time and then go along and see 'passionless' performances

Sas_The_Hibby
04-08-2010, 08:44 AM

Sorry, I hadn't realised it was against Forum rules to disagree with an op. :rolleyes:

Steve-O
04-08-2010, 08:46 AM
He's been talking the same b0llocks from day 1 in the job, sadly is unable to walk the talk though.

Therefore I will give his 'inspiring' interview a miss...just in case he tricks me again!

Hibbyradge
04-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Bamba very likely to play too.

erskine-hibby
04-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Yogi talks a good game but rarely, very rarely, do the performances live up to it....still here's hoping eh?

hfc1875x
04-08-2010, 09:05 AM
That interview is no different to the majority of them on Hibs tv. Yogi needs to stop talking pish, we can all see through him.

Del Boy
04-08-2010, 09:06 AM
heard it all before :yawn:

actions speak louder than words.

marinello59
04-08-2010, 09:16 AM
What on earth was Yogi supposed to say then? Seems to me he would be damned no matter what he said. If he shows passion and optimism then it's 'we've heard it all before''. If he was to suggest that Hibs are going to struggle he would be slagged off for giving up before a ball is kicked.

erskine-hibby
04-08-2010, 09:19 AM
What on earth was Yogi supposed to say then? Seems to me he would be damned no matter what he said. If he shows passion and optimism then it's 'we've heard it all before''. If he was to suggest that Hibs are going to struggle he would be slagged off for giving up before a ball is kicked.

I would rather he said nothing and did the talking on the pitch.

marinello59
04-08-2010, 09:21 AM
I would rather he said nothing and did the talking on the pitch.

He'll be contractually obliged to talk to Hibs TV though.

rainman
04-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Canny believe he's taking stick for that interview.

If every player at the club was as committed/inspired/focused/motivated as our manager, we'd be winning trophies left right and centre.

erskine-hibby
04-08-2010, 09:30 AM
He'll be contractually obliged to talk to Hibs TV though.

OK, then why doesn't he just say "We'll do our talking on the pitch"?

hibbymac
04-08-2010, 09:30 AM
That interview is no different to the majority of them on Hibs tv. Yogi needs to stop talking pish, we can all see through him.

:confused: What did he say in that interview that was "pish"?

erskine-hibby
04-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Canny believe he's taking stick for that interview.

If every player at the club was as committed/inspired/focused/motivated as our manager, we'd be winning trophies left right and centre.

He is taking stick because we have heard it all before and never has it been backed up with a performance to merit anything else but stick.
Talk is cheap...we've heard plenty talk, now we need action.

marinello59
04-08-2010, 09:35 AM
OK, then why doesn't he just say "We'll do our talking on the pitch"?

Perhaps you could send him an acceptable script to read out. :greengrin

rainman
04-08-2010, 09:36 AM
He is taking stick because we have heard it all before and never has it been backed up with a performance to merit anything else but stick.

Never?

Our start to the season last year backed up everything he said preseason. Right up till Christmas.

Talks a great game. It's a good start for me.

Hibbyradge
04-08-2010, 09:42 AM

Really? Never?

I wonder how we won 15 games and drew 9, including a memorable win at Parkhead and qualified for Europe.

Yogi knows that if the fans get behind the team and the players play with desire and passion, we have a chance of upsetting the odds on Thursday.

Your motivational ditty, "We'll do our talking on the pitch", well, I've heard that before too.

Captain Trips
04-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Indeed what else is Yogi to say, if his passion in interview was transfered onto park we would be pushing for SPL. Unfortunatly as we are all aware talk is one thing, I just feel wary of what people say.

The lineup and performance from last week you would not think that from what Hughes has just said he was in fact the manager last week of Hibs. I know he can only be positive in interview and rightly so, I just will be wary of whats said then whats displayed.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Perhaps he should just say nothing, then those who cant stand him can slaughter him for lack of communication with the fans. :bitchy:

erskine-hibby
04-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Perhaps you could send him an acceptable script to read out. :greengrin

Ok here it is..............

Never?

Our start to the season last year backed up everything he said preseason. Right up till Christmas.

Talks a great game. It's a good start for me.

Really? Never?

I wonder how we won 15 games and drew 9, including a memorable win at Parkhead and qualified for Europe.

Yogi knows that if the fans get behind the team and the players play with desire and passion, we have a chance of upsetting the odds on Thursday.

Your motivational ditty, "We'll do our talking on the pitch", well, I've heard that before too.

Maybe I should have said rarely, though for the life of me I am stuggling to find a great performance (not result) in the first part of last season.

erskine-hibby
04-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Perhaps he should just say nothing, then those who cant stand him can slaughter him for lack of communication with the fans. :bitchy:

:dummytit:

bawheid
04-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Yogi can't win really.

It's funny how the dissenting voices on this thread are mostly from members (:wink:) with a couple of posts or the resident known uber-negative slaver.

Antifa Hibs
04-08-2010, 10:10 AM
That's the thing with Yogi, he talks a good game. Talks a superb game infact. His interviews and PR stuff is second to none. He is passionate and cares about the cabbage as much as us.

It's just a shame when he is in the dugout he hasn't a scooby!

erskine-hibby
04-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Yogi can't win really.

It's funny how the dissenting voices on this thread are mostly from members (:wink:) with a couple of posts or the resident known uber-negative slaver.

:greengrin

ShanksSaidNo
04-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Sorry, I hadn't realised it was against Forum rules to disagree with an op. :rolleyes:
A forum wouldnt be a forum without contrastin views, i just find it amazing that despite all being hibbies on here, no matter what is said someone will always find a means of twisting it to put our club/manager down! Alot of people have come on and echoed your sentiments so hat off to you, your negative slant has been justified! A good days work.

bawheid
04-08-2010, 10:28 AM
:greengrin

I'll bet you're not smiling in real life ya grumpy bassa! :wink:

hiblander
04-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Yogi can't win really.

Some of us choose our posts wisely.....I bet when you joined the net you never thought Hibs would get pumped by a Slovenian team 3 scud!

marinello59
04-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Some of us choose our posts wisely.....I bet when you joined the net you never thought Hibs would get pumped by a Slovenian team 3 scud!

I think any Hibs fan would always be aware that it was a possibility. :greengrin

Hibby D
04-08-2010, 11:20 AM

Football's about passion and believing that you can upset the odds. Yes, we will probably lose, but let's go down fighting and enjoy the experience.

What do we expect from a manager in those circumstances? The Bobby Williamson or Alex Miller treatment? Spare us. Let's not criticise JH for the one aspect of his job that he does do well, there are plenty of others to have a dig about.

When in Maribor we were talking to Brian Mclaughlan from the BBC ( actually we were listening whilst he talked :blah: ) and he told a story about a motivational talk Yogi had with the Falkirk Scottish Cup team that went on for two hours!!! He said that by the end of it he wanted to pull on a pair of shorts and play too!!
And that team did go out and give the Huns a game of footie :not worth:rockin:

No you're not, you love it!!!! :devil:

I'm maybe too naive for some but why does there always have to be this negative stuff when someone posts with the intention of raising our raising our spirits and encouraging us to get behind Yogi and the team?

There are plenty anti yogi threads on this board without turning this into one. I feel sorry for the OP and others like him who are working hard to create some positive vibes amongst the support.

It's very disheartening :agree:

Mon the happy clappers!!!!! :applause::applause::applause: :greengrin

the_ginger_hibee
04-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Because some people are fed up of hearing 'passion filled' interviews for the umpteenth time and then go along and see 'passionless' performances

Could have done with some passion from the players & manager towards the fans instead of bolting down the tunnel after the Maribor game.

Funny the passion comes back when we are trying to shift some tickets though :yawn:

BEEJ
04-08-2010, 11:27 AM

I'm maybe too naive for some but why does there always have to be this negative stuff when someone posts with the intention of raising our raising our spirits and encouraging us to get behind Yogi and the team?

There are plenty anti yogi threads on this board without turning this into one. I feel sorry for the OP and others like him who are working hard to create some positive vibes amongst the support.

Perhaps we could add 'Inspirational' or 'Uplifting' as a new thread Prefix option.

That would alert all the grumpy bassas like me to read the thread but not comment. :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
04-08-2010, 11:52 AM

:agree: total agree, nae point being negative, I'll be there singing ma heart oot on Thursday... until we start losing lol:wink:

bawheid
04-08-2010, 12:00 PM

When I joined Hibs.net (the original Hibs.net) we were in free-fall under Duff Jimmy. I'd have been delighted to have been pumped by a Slovenian team 3 scud. :greengrin

erskine-hibby
04-08-2010, 12:23 PM
One thing I have learned from the many years of following Hibs is that you have to expect the unexpected.

GRITT :flag::scarf::scarf::flag:

See Bawba....heid i'm not grumpy:greengrin

Well, not all the time:wink:

Speedway
04-08-2010, 01:08 PM
One thing I have learned from the many years of following Hibs is that you have to expect the unexpected.

GRITT :flag::scarf::scarf::flag:

Unless the unexpected was to be in our favour, then we shouldn't expect it, because it doesn't happen.

Sas_The_Hibby
04-08-2010, 02:45 PM

Okay, so I wasn't very sorry to rain on the OP's parade! :greengrin

The post is about Hughes' interview; therefore it seems perfectly appropriate, to me, to state a personal opinion that Hughes' interviews do nothing to inspire me. Or is debate and discussion not to be tolerated? :confused:

I think you overestimate the power of posts on the Forum to raise everyone else's spirits or dash them!

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Okay, so I wasn't very sorry to rain on the OP's parade! :greengrin

The post is about Hughes' interview, therefore it seems perfectly appropriate, to me, to state a personal opinion that Hughes' interviews do nothing to inspire me. Or is debate and discussion not to be tolerated? :confused:

But we have heard it all before, something Yogi gets stick for. :confused:

Sas_The_Hibby
04-08-2010, 02:54 PM
But we have heard it all before, something Yogi gets stick for. :confused:

Please send me a list, then, of all the things we can't say because they've been said before.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Please send me a list, then, of all the things we can't say because they've been said before.

Oh the irony. :faf:

Sas_The_Hibby
04-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Oh the irony. :faf:

Well, it beats sarcasm, I suppose. :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
04-08-2010, 04:30 PM

Let's hope the players respond.

Phil D. Rolls
04-08-2010, 04:31 PM

"Shut up Sambo"

"What a gay day"

"Ein Reich ein Volk ein Fuhrer"

Its PC gone mad!

Cabbage1875
04-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Let's hope the players respond.

There we go, nail on the head.

If they're not responding to his apparent 'Any Given Sunday' style team talks then where do we go from there?

Amsterdam
04-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Stop smoking the weed, clear your ears and listen to what he actually said. :bye:

See that, you get one thing wrong & your automatically a druggy. Funny how Hughes gets away with it all the time, so tell me, whats he on then?
I think you prove the point I made on another post, that if you choose to have no faith in the current manager, & type it on here, then you will be insulted.
I can only guess that the drug reference is due to my username. The accusation that I smoke weed, says more about you & what you associate the city with.
I go to watch Ajax, hence the username endof

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2010, 09:10 PM
See that, you get one thing wrong & your automatically a druggy. Funny how Hughes gets away with it all the time, so tell me, whats he on then?
I think you prove the point I made on another post, that if you choose to have no faith in the current manager, & type it on here, then you will be insulted.
I can only guess that the drug reference is due to my username. The accusation that I smoke weed, says more about you & what you associate the city with.
I go to watch Ajax, hence the username endof

OOOOOOOOOO wee hand bag smiley.:faf:

Amsterdam
04-08-2010, 10:07 PM
OOOOOOOOOO wee hand bag smiley.:faf:

thats a great comeback, anything more constructive & I might not sleep tonight.
Go & give your handbag to Yogi, like you,he too is a drama queen, I've seen him on the touchline.
2 other posters managed to correct me without throwing insults, so whats your point?

sahib
04-08-2010, 10:54 PM
I agree with the original post - like everyone else Ive heard Yogi spout some nonsense but dont think Ive ever heard him so passionate about a game. He did say if we're winning the game at half time with a clean sheet then its game on but personally I reckon if we get through the first half without conceding then we've got a chance. 3 Goals in 1 half is possible.......

The other team are going to be thinking, "45 mins left to defend a three goal lead and if we nick one it will take five to beat us - piece of pysh" and they would be right.

JimBHibees
05-08-2010, 11:03 AM

Completely agree, too much whinging at the moment the season is what one game old.

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2010, 09:34 AM

Aye he's good at that.

Pity they never follow it up on the park though.

Saorsa
06-08-2010, 09:58 AM
I urge anyone who has Hibernian tv to watch that interview. I bloody cant WAIT until Thursday! Yogi gives a fantastic passion-filled interview and has litterally got me buzzing for the game! :thumbsup:Which as usual turned out tae be a load of wind & pish