04/05
Shots 97 - On Target 56 (58%)- Goals 20

05/06
Shots 101 - On Target 63 (62%)- Goals 16

08/09
Shots 91 - On Target 55 (60%)- Goals 12

09/10
Shots 99 - On Target 58 (59%)- Goals 13

last season he had more shots on goal than anyone else, mostly playing left midfield. Taking into consideration only the highest shooters, his On target rate was only just beat by Stokes and Boyd.

He has consistently scored world class goals, not just one offs.

Only 3 caps and not in the latest Scotland squad.

can anyone explain it?

poolman
03-08-2010, 01:52 PM
SPL at Hibs

03/04
Shots 85 - On Target 52 (68%) - Goals 15

04/05

05/06

08/09

09/10

last season he had more shots on goal than anyone else, mostly playing left midfield. Taking into consideration only the highest shooters, his On target rate was only just beat by Stokes and Boyd.

can anyone explain it?

Yes

Craig Broon
Hurley Burley
Harry Potter

camhibby1
03-08-2010, 01:53 PM
SPL at Hibs

03/04

04/05

05/06

08/09

09/10

can anyone explain it?

The Scotland Manager is a Jambo - Deeks is a Hibby. Simples!

GreenPJ
03-08-2010, 06:22 PM
I don't think Riordan had warranted another call-up before now, however, I would hope and expect that if he starts the season well he will be in the squads for the first qualifying games.

7Hero
03-08-2010, 06:42 PM
hes a luxury player, his attitude is questionable and there are better players in front of him.

pretty simple question to answer really..

steve75
03-08-2010, 06:54 PM
hes a luxury player, his attitude is questionable and there are better players in front of him.

In the past his attitude has been, but his workrate since returning to hibs has improved and people's lazy oponion of him, for me, is by assumption only.

I agree there are better players than him, I wouldn't start him but he should be in the squad. Just have to look at the wales game, we done nothing all game, got pumped, he was on for nine minutes managed to take the ball in from left mid and get our only shot on target. He can make something from nothing and that is a trait Scotland could do with as we don't tend to make many chances.

The fact that there are other players in the squad who have done nothing in recent history also helps his cause.

He would never be a 'Scotland great' but in our current pool he desrves to have had much more or a chance to show himself.

cabbageandribs1875
03-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Yes

Craig Broon
Hurley Burley
Harry Potter

why is craig brown getting the blame :confused: craig brown left the scotland job in 2001, two years before deeks was loaned out to the mighty cowdenbeath

HibbyAndy
03-08-2010, 08:45 PM

I wouldnt exactly say its pretty simple?.

Please enlighten me as to what players we have at our disposal that are better than Riordan?.. He should have far more than the 3 sole caps he currently has, The boys a goalscorer that would do a lot better than some of the guff ive seen in the national set-up.

He's a luxury player you say?..isnt Barry the Crab?...His attitude is questionable? Have you heard Levein has recalled Mcgregor? That ersehole that made a joke of our country not so long ago?.

You better believe Riordan should be in that Scotland sqaud, Cause he bloody well has earned it!.

And THATS simple really.

nonshinyfinish
03-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Have you heard Levein has recalled Mcgregor? That ersehole that made a joke of our country not so long ago?

Did he? As I remember it, he got pissed in a hotel, and he flicked the Vs at some sensitive wee souls in kilts.

Not saying that Deek shouldn't be in the Scotland squad (he's clearly wasted his talent, he should be playing at a much higher level than the SPL, but Scottish players with any kind of flair are thin on the ground), but the hysteria concerning Crabby and McGregor gets right on my thrupennies.

HibbyAndy
03-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Did he? As I remember it, he got pissed in a hotel, and he flicked the Vs at some sensitive wee souls in kilts.Not saying that Deek shouldn't be in the Scotland squad (he's clearly wasted his talent, he should be playing at a much higher level than the SPL, but Scottish players with any kind of flair are thin on the ground), but the hysteria concerning Crabby and McGregor gets right on my thrupennies.

You not see it plastered all over the national papers him with the fud ferguson giving it the vickys and grinning like a cheshire cat to the cameras?..That was sitting in the stands at Hampden by the way.., Tremendous goalkeeper , But made a shop front off himself that afternoon.

nonshinyfinish
03-08-2010, 09:02 PM
You not see it plastered all over the national papers him with the fud ferguson giving it the vickys and grinning like a cheshire cat to the cameras?..That was sitting in the stands at Hampden by the way.., Tremendous goalkeeper , But made a shop front off himself that afternoon.

Yep, I saw that. Does that really count as making a joke of our country? Do you really think that anybody outside Scotland gave a flying Francis?

TRC
03-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Two words Chris Iwulomo(sp) how can this joke of a man get into the squad. In front of Deek, O'Conner, that is what is wrong with Harry Potter he likes big physical side he admited it himself and at international level that will just get passed by even the teams that play with a little endevour. Deeks has worked hard to where he has got to in terms of finishing and workrate although the first was was always there the second was not, O'Connor has not been fit but has scored for fun during pre-season and has once again looked like the player he was in the season and half before we sold him. I give Harry Potter 8 months unless he can pull a rabit from his a**e

HibbyAndy
03-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Yep, I saw that. Does that really count as making a joke of our country?

I said he made a shop front of HIMSELF..And he did...And IMO did make a mockery of our country

Do you really think that anybody outside Scotland gave a flying Francis

Dont know and i couldnt give a toss to be honest..By the same token does anyone outside the country give a flying **** about Riordan's antics?

HibbyAndy
03-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Did he? As I remember it, he got pissed in a hotel, and he flicked the Vs at some sensitive wee souls in kilts.

Not saying that Deek shouldn't be in the Scotland squad (he's clearly wasted his talent, he should be playing at a much higher level than the SPL, but Scottish players with any kind of flair are thin on the ground), but the hysteria concerning Crabby and McGregor gets right on my thrupennies.

Care to elaborate on that?..I dont think he has wasted his talent, Wasted 2 years at Celtc granted, But Riordan has the same natural ability he had when he first broke into the team.

What higher level would you have him higher than the SPL also?

nonshinyfinish
03-08-2010, 09:19 PM
I said he made a shop front of HIMSELF..And he did...And IMO did make a mockery of our country

Yes, you said he made a Noel Hunt of himself, but not in the post I orginally quoted. That one just had him making a joke of our country. If you think his actions were sufficient to make a mockery of Scotland then fair enough, but I disagree.

Dont know and i couldnt give a toss to be honest..By the same token does anyone outside the country give a flying **** about Riordan's antics?

My point is that surely for him to 'make a mockery of our country', someone outside our country would have to take notice. I live in England, at the time of the 'Hampden vickies' story I showed the pictures to some English, football-loving colleagues. They thought they were funny (as did I), but their laughter was very much directed at the clowns in the photos, rather than some nebulous Scottish football entity.

As for Riordan, when did I suggest that people outside of Scotland care about Riordan rampaging up George St, and why would it matter if they did?

nonshinyfinish
03-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Care to elaborate on that?..I dont think he has wasted his talent, Wasted 2 years at Celtc granted, But Riordan has the same natural ability he had when he first broke into the team.

What higher level would you have him higher than the SPL also?

No argument that he wasted two years at Celtc, but with the talent he possesses I think he could be a far better player. Don't want to go all JC on you, but if was more professional in his diet/training/drinking or lack thereof then I think he could easily have been starring for Celtc/a top Championship club/a lower Premiership club.

HibbyAndy
03-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Yes, you said he made a Noel Hunt of himself, but not in the post I orginally quoted. That one just had him making a joke of our country. If you think his actions were sufficient to make a mockery of Scotland then fair enough, but I disagree.

My point is that surely for him to 'make a mockery of our country', someone outside our country would have to take notice. I live in England, at the time of the 'Hampden vickies' story I showed the pictures to some English, football-loving colleagues. They thought they were funny (as did I), but their laughter was very much directed at the clowns in the photos, rather than some nebulous Scottish football entity.

As for Riordan, when did I suggest that people outside of Scotland care about Riordan rampaging up George St, and why would it matter if they did?

I dont live in England like you, But i have friends and family that live in Doncaster, And unlike you and your friends my family seen it all so different fron you and your chums, Cringeworthy seeing AM and BF giving the vickies was there words..Not towards the individual players, But as Scotland as a nation ...So for every person you know that laughs at the situ, i know loads that cringe.

As for Riordan, Yes..I could not give a toss if he sat in a bath of beans outside ER singing Rudi Scatchel....Why would i? Why would anyone?...

You mentioned him rampaging up George street, Not me.

nonshinyfinish
03-08-2010, 09:39 PM
I dont live in England like you, But i have friends and family that live in Doncaster, And unlike you and your friends my family seen it all so different fron you and your chums, Cringeworthy seeing AM and BF giving the vickies was there words..Not towards the individual players, But as Scotland as a nation ...So for every person you know that laughs at the situ, i know loads that cringe.

Like I said, fair enough if you see it differently, but to me it's something of a non-incident. Tin hat on, I thought they were pretty harshly treated in the original hotel piss-up business, since evidently half the team were up half of the night getting steaming. They happened to be the last two left, yet they took all of the flak. :dunno:

As for Riordan, Yes..I could not give a toss if he sat in a bath of beans outside ER singing Rudi Scatchel....Why would i? Why would anyone?...

You mentioned him rampaging up George street, Not me.

You referred to 'Riordan's antics', I gave them a slightly more colourful description - comme ci comme ca.

HibbyAndy
03-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Like I said, fair enough if you see it differently, but to me it's something of a non-incident. Tin hat on, I thought they were pretty harshly treated in the original hotel piss-up business, since evidently half the team were up half of the night getting steaming. They happened to be the last two left, yet they took all of the flak. :dunno:

You referred to 'Riordan's antics', I gave them a slightly more colorful description - comme ci comme ca.

Evidently..We will never actually know what went on behind closed doors, As you werent there..Nor me..The whole team may have been boozing your right..but we will never know..What i do know tho is those 2 muppets made idiots of themselves live on tv..Its not hard to refrain from doing so.. Ok maybe it is a wee bit.. But to react the way those two lads did was amatuerish..They must have known the consenquinces (sp?)...

Can i just add by the way im quite happy to see Mcgregor back in the setup, The more better players in the sqaud the better, But IMO you cant excuse he 'made an error' with his childish vickies antics'..

The whole team may have been in the wrong that night bevvying, Maybe AM and BF were singled out for harsh treatment, We will never know, But they certainly never covered themselves in glory.

Makaveli
03-08-2010, 09:55 PM
It's only in Scotland a player of Riordan's type would be considered a luxury. The attitude of needing 11 "workers" is why we are sh|t.

nonshinyfinish
03-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Evidently..We will never actually know what went on behind closed doors, As you werent there..Nor me..The whole team may have been boozing your right..but we will never know..What i do know tho is those 2 muppets made idiots of themselves live on tv..Its not hard to refrain from doing so.. Ok maybe it is a wee bit.. But to react the way those two lads did was amatuerish..They must have known the consenquinces (sp?)...

Can i just add by the way im quite happy to see Mcgregor back in the setup, The more better players in the sqaud the better, But IMO you cant excuse he 'made an error' with his childish vickies antics'..

The whole team may have been in the wrong that night bevvying, Maybe AM and BF were singled out for harsh treatment, We will never know, But they certainly never covered themselves in glory.

This is the bit that gets me. I maybe alone in this, but sticking two fingers up at a camera - childish, aye; pathetic, aye; the actions of wee boys who've gotten a detention, aye...but meriting being booted out of the national squad? Being painted as traitors? Really?

Ach well, I'm going to bed.

.Sean.
03-08-2010, 10:28 PM
It's only in Scotland a player of Riordan's type would be considered a luxury. The attitude of needing 11 "workers" is why we are sh|t.
:top marks

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2010, 10:35 PM
I think McFadden is a better all round player than Derek, and think we'd struggle with both in the team. Probably should be in the squad though.

steve75
03-08-2010, 11:09 PM
I think McFadden is a better all round player than Derek, and think we'd struggle with both in the team. Probably should be in the squad though.

My thought exactly, McFadden has the 'higher level' experience and has done it at International level time and time again. But the 'luxury' of being able to take him off as he grows tired and bring on Riordan is something we need, both these players are liable to score from nothing, something Scotland really could do with.

And had Riordan been given a propper chance years ago he would probably have been a better player for it, and one on each wing might have been lethal. Exactly why the likes of Wallace, Berra, Fletcher & others need to start being played regularly and McCulloch, Robson and Iwelumo need forgotten about.

hiblander
04-08-2010, 12:27 AM
and McCulloch, Robson and Iwelumo need forgotten about.

Robson is an immense player!! He's Like the new Braveheart...I think Levein is arranging a friendly for the fringe players later this year...probably with Scots in the championship like Burke, McCormack, Cowie....no doubt Riordan and performers in the league will be given there chance then...

I honestly don't think he is good enough to merit a place due to his immaturity and lifestyle...he's hardly the model pro. (at the moment anyways, maybe after a few more baby's) :boo hoo:

steve75
04-08-2010, 01:30 AM
Robson is an immense player!! He's Like the new Braveheart...I think Levein is arranging a friendly for the fringe players later this year...probably with Scots in the championship like Burke, McCormack, Cowie....no doubt Riordan and performers in the league will be given there chance then...

I honestly don't think he is good enough to merit a place due to his immaturity and lifestyle...he's hardly the model pro. (at the moment anyways, maybe after a few more baby's) :boo hoo:

could have a nappy fetish for all I care, he does it on the pitch where it counts.

Lucius Apuleius
04-08-2010, 05:07 AM
could have a nappy fetish for all I care, he does it on the pitch where it counts.

going to just remind us all exactly what he has done wrong recently?

hfc1875x
04-08-2010, 05:22 AM

Robson is an immense player!! He's Like the new Braveheart.

You being serious :greengrin

brog
04-08-2010, 08:08 AM
2 words - Kirk Broadfoot.
When that guy's in a Scotland squad you really can't take it or the manager seriously. Levein has gone the Smith/Brown route of safety first. Load the squad with OF & ex OF players & you won't get criticised by the Weegie media mafia. Doesn't matter that the team's s***, your job's safe.
PS re McGregor, forgetting rights or wronngs of his reinstatement I'm seriously not convinced by him as a keeper. Typical Scots goalie, great shot stopper but seriously weak on crosses & his dodgy temperament means he's an accident waiting to happen. He won't get away with pushing & kicking players while playing for Scotland.

hiblander
04-08-2010, 10:39 AM
going to just remind us all exactly what he has done wrong recently?

Well he went to that crappy bar in Muirhouse to toast his new born baby :boo hoo:.....classy eh !!!

Wembley67
04-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Well he went to that crappy bar in Muirhouse to toast his new born baby :boo hoo:.....classy eh !!!

Are you on the wind up??? Who cares where he went too :confused:

Bad Martini
04-08-2010, 11:12 AM
I see tis the season....**** all better to do than start the usual pish about Riordan being *****/lazy/luxury/etc.

Hibs play better with him whether his detractors admit it or not.

He scores goals most wouldnt attempt. He sets up more than anyone else directly or indirectly.

He probably is destined to peak at Hibs.

And what is wrong with that?

In the past he was lazy if you count scoring 20+ goals with masses of assists lazy. Now he actually tracks back and puts a far bigger shift in (ironically scoring less probably) and STILL he's getting pelters.

Compared to some of the ***** playing for Scotland, for all his faults, Riordan should be on teh teamsheet ahead of most. Fact. He's done more than most of those useless *******s who dont even get a frickin game for their club.

He'll never get the recognition he deserves and always get pelters due to his like of the bevvy and bars. So ****ing what. He scores goals, sets up goals and follows and loves the Hibs. What mair dae ye want????

Sometimes, ah despair with this Riordan bashing pish.

ENDOF

Septimus
04-08-2010, 11:13 AM
The plain fact is that if Deeks was as good as he is made out to be in this thread he would not be at Easter Road.

silverhibee
04-08-2010, 11:25 AM

False, untrue, papers making up stories as per usual.

steve75
04-08-2010, 01:05 PM
The plain fact is that if Deeks was as good as he is made out to be in this thread he would not be at Easter Road.

Are you saying he doesn't score goals for hibs? Most of which the majority of prem players wouldn't attempt? He scores top class goals and puts in effort, no one is saying he could go up against Chelsea and turn their defense inside out, there is areas of his game lacking, but he has something most Scotland players don't. And it's not through luck or natural ability, it's down to him staying behind at training with G O'C in the early days and practicing shooting, free kicks, left foot work. He's probably done more work on his technical game than most the players in the Scotland squad and has merited a decent crack at the Scotland team.

GlesgaeHibby
04-08-2010, 01:10 PM

We need 11 workers because we are *****, it's not why we are crap.

iwasthere1972
04-08-2010, 01:25 PM
SPL at Hibs

03/04

04/05

05/06

08/09

09/10

can anyone explain it?

Folk can come up with their own explanations as to why Deeks the Wonder Boy isn't in the Scotland squad but the simple truth is he doesn't play for Rangers, Celtic or Middlesbrough (yeah Middlesbrough who didn't even make the play offs last season).

It's pretty simple really. :agree:

silverhibee
04-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Are you saying he doesn't score goals for hibs? Most of which the majority of prem players wouldn't attempt? He scores top class goals and puts in effort, no one is saying he could go up against Chelsea and turn their defense inside out, there is areas of his game lacking, but he has something most Scotland players don't. And it's not through luck or natural ability, it's down to him staying behind at training with G O'C in the early days and practicing shooting, free kicks, left foot work. He's probably done more work on his technical game than most the players in the Scotland squad and has merited a decent crack at the Scotland team.

He done okay when he played against them. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
04-08-2010, 01:49 PM
I see tis the season....**** all better to do than start the usual pish about Riordan being *****/lazy/luxury/etc.

He scores goals most wouldnt attempt. He sets up more than anyone else directly or indirectly.

In the past he was lazy if you count scoring 20+ goals with masses of assists lazy. Now he actually tracks back and puts a far bigger shift in (ironically scoring less probably) and STILL he's getting pelters.

Compared to some of the ***** playing for Scotland, for all his faults, Riordan should be on teh teamsheet ahead of most. Fact. He's done more than most of those useless *******s who dont even get a frickin game for their club.

He'll never get the recognition he deserves and always get pelters due to his like of the bevvy and bars. So ****ing what. He scores goals, sets up goals and follows and loves the Hibs. What mair dae ye want????

ENDOF

:top marks

poolman
04-08-2010, 01:50 PM
why is craig brown getting the blame :confused: craig brown left the scotland job in 2001, two years before deeks was loaned out to the mighty cowdenbeath

It was just a generalisation of Scotland's managers

Should have worded it better :agree:

Makaveli
04-08-2010, 02:07 PM
We need 11 workers because we are *****, it's not why we are crap.

The attitude of prioritising physical attributes over skill (which begins at about under-9s) is the root cause IMO.

silverhibee
04-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Folk can come up with their own explanations as to why Deeks the Wonder Boy isn't in the Scotland squad but the simple truth is he doesn't play for Rangers, Celtic or Middlesbrough (yeah Middlesbrough who didn't even make the play offs last season).

It's pretty simple really. :agree:

Even when he played for celtc he didn't get a look in for the Scotland squads.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Even when he played for celtc he didn't get a look in for the Scotland squads.

He did not play much there though. Mind you that never normally makes much difference? Why do you think he's not played much, and is not in this squad?

GlesgaeHibby
04-08-2010, 03:37 PM
The attitude of prioritising physical attributes over skill (which begins at about under-9s) is the root cause IMO.

I'd agree, but until that changes we have to play to our strengths and that is as a hard working unit. It may not be pretty, but 11 grafters got Switzerland a win over Spain and if we can somehow manage the same I'll be delighted and couldn't care less about the football we played to do it.

erskine-hibby
04-08-2010, 03:42 PM

ENDOF

:agree::agree:

Eloquent as usual BM:thumbsup: