03-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Haven't seen a thread for this yet.

What's everyone going to?

So far I've got tickets for:

Sarah Miliken
Ardal O'Hanlon
Kevin Bridges
Paul Zerdin

Also fancy going to '****gers' at some point and might go to the Chortle Comedy Finals thing on the 17th.

stevensons-fan
03-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Haven't seen a thread for this yet.

Sarah Miliken
Ardal O'Hanlon
Kevin Bridges
Paul Zerdin

Also fancy going to '****gers' at some point and might go to the Chortle Comedy Finals thing on the 17th.

I wanted to see him but he is sold out now i think :boo hoo:

Pretty Boy
03-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Taking my granddad to see John Bishop. Not a huge fan of his but my grandad asked me to go with him so thought i'd givee it a go.

Also got tickets for Kevin Bridges and although it's not officially part of the Fring i'm going to the Chinese State Circus as well.

Calvin
03-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Going to see Hardeep Singh Kohli before work tomorrow, and Delete the Banjax early on Friday.

Would have been going to all this: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?189009-Fringe-Tickets but unfortunately not any more.

Also have tickets for Jimmy Carr, Stand Up For Freedom, Comedy Gala, The Unbelievable Truth, Feeder, General Fiasco and We Were Promised Jetpacks but whether or not I make it to them remains to be seen.

YehButNoBut
03-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Got either preview tickets or 2 for 1 for

Reginald D Hunter 5/8
John Bishop 6/8
Jason Byrne 9/8

And Full Price

Hit Me: The Life and Rhymes of Ian Dury 7/8

Speedy
03-08-2010, 08:29 PM
I wanted to see him but he is sold out now i think :boo hoo:

There's extra shows on now.

http://www.edfringe.com/whats-on/comedy/kevin-bridges-1

KingFranck
03-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Kevin Bridges on Saturday and John Bishop on Tuesday for me

Sick Boy
04-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Had a list of about 15 shows I wanted to go to but only managed to get tickets for Jim Jeffries tomorrow so far. Starts at 10.30 so hoping the game doesn't go to extra time otherwise I'll have a tough decision to make.

stevensons-fan
04-08-2010, 11:13 AM
There's extra shows on now.

http://www.edfringe.com/whats-on/comedy/kevin-bridges-1

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

YehButNoBut
04-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Had a list of about 15 shows I wanted to go to but only managed to get tickets for Jim Jeffries tomorrow so far. Starts at 10.30 so hoping the game doesn't go to extra time otherwise I'll have a tough decision to make.

I'd be delighted if we forced extra time, would be worth missing a show for.

Hope he is a better comedian than he is a football manager. :wink:

Calvin
05-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Saw Hardeep Singh Kohli's Chat Masala tonight which was really enjoyable. I would recommend it, particularly if his guests are up your street.

Baw Baggio
06-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Saw Andrew Lawrence last night, very funny.

Gonna see Brazil! Brazil! and David O' Doherty tonight.

_hucks_
06-08-2010, 11:32 AM
I work for the stand comedy club so have seen a fair bit, these so far:

Tiffany Stevenson
Kevin Eldon
Jason Cook
Phil Nichol
Bridget Christie
Vladimir McTavish

I've enjoyed all the shows but Jason Cook and Phil Nichol were real highlights, Jason in particular is one of the hardest working and funniest comics I've seen. I was at the press launch last night (****ing hungover today) and saw a wee snippet from pretty much everyone on and I'm really looking forward to Magnus Betner, who has hit the top of the comedy game in Sweden and is trying to crack the scene here.

Speedy
06-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Paul Zerdin was very good. I'd recommend going to see him if you get the chance.

I'm also going to see 'Pack of Lies' which is a play by Saughtonhall Drama Group, although I'm only going because I know people in it.

Hibby70
06-08-2010, 11:29 PM
just back from chris mcausland and tim vine. Both were very very funny. Best £15 i've spent in years.

H18sry
07-08-2010, 08:54 AM
The Highlight joins our list of venues offering 2-4-1 tickets for locals @ Fringe shows
All “Highlight of the Fringe” shows are 2-4-1 for any Scottish resident.
Just quote offer code: “Fringe241” on the web, by phone or in person…

One of Edinburgh’s most popular entertainment venues is opening its doors to Fringe acts across the city this summer for the first time.
The Highlight is at The Omni Centre next to Walkabout and offers Top Class Comedy, Thu, Fri, Sat and the occasional Sun.

So we now have Highlight and the Stand giving you extensive offers – as well as several individual shows…
Please support these offers so that we can bring you more!

How to get 2-4-1 for locals:
THE HIGHLIGHT – quote offer code “Fringe241” (box office, phone and internet www.thehighlight.co.uk)
THE STAND – quote offer code “Cheaper Fringe” + take a printout of the list when buying or collecting (box office and phone)
OTHERS – quote “CheaperFringe” at the box office

============================================
CHEAPER FRINGE – WEEK 1 (PROPER) OFFERS
(The last offer sheet was mistakenly called week 1 when in fact it was ‘previews’)
Here is week 1 proper... or in the case of Highlight - details for the whole fringe

DOWNLOAD THE FULL LIST of Cheaper Shows For Locals HERE:
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=...N2U3OTQy&hl=en
TERMS
· 2 for 1 means you purchase one ticket and receive another ticket for the same performance free
· All offers are at the discretion of the venue / promoter and subject to availability
· ID will be required when collecting tickets from the box office
· Tickets cannot be reserved or held without full payment
· This offer applies to full price tickets and is not valid in conjunction with any other discount or concession

Reviews & Recommendations
Please keep sending us your reviews and recommendation
We have had a couple from you already that have made us smile
We will be passing a few on in next weeks email
cheaperfringe@gmail.com

FREE SHOWS @ EDINBURGH FRINGE
- There are numerous Free Shows throughout the Festival in numerous venues
The Free Shows can throw up some truly original and amazing shows and they are well worth checking out
If you are going out to a paid show why not check out a free show beforehand or afterwards.
Please send us your recommendations.

There are two main organisations promoting Free Shows at Edinburgh Fringe
· Laughing Horse Free Festival – 300+ Free shows - www.freefestival.co.uk
· PBH Free Fringe – 200+ Free shows – www.freefringe.org.uk

FREE HIGHLIGHTS
Here are some shows from performers that we have seen before and highly recommend
If these are the only three shows that you see at the Fringe this year then you will still be very happy
– But don’t take our word for it, before you go check them out take a look at the reviews we have included from various press sources:

4:30 – IMRAN YUSUF, An Audience With @ Espionage (6th – 30th)
(Just confirmed for the next series of Michael MacIntyre’s Roadshow)
www.imranyusuf.com
“Whippet-thin Imran Yusuf is almost cartoon-like in his physicality, prancing nimbly round the stage, striking clownish poses and gurning when comically when it’s called for. It’s a tour-de-force delivery, full of infectious vigour and life. Vocal dexterity adds to the appeal. The writing is lean, too. He has a ruthless efficiency in getting from one gag to the next without a wasted second. It all adds to the breathless urgency of his set, sweeping up all before it. The exciting performance means he’s a joy to watch” Chrotle.co.uk

6:15 – BOB SLAYER's Punk Rock Chat Show @ The Hive, 15-17 Niddry Street (5th – 22nd)
(ex tour manager of The Bloodhound Gang, Iggy Pop, Electric Eel Shock etc)
www.bobslayer.com
“An act clearly more drunk than the audience, Bob Slayer worked through his paying guests with amazing skill, making humour out of our responses and expressions, and getting us to laugh at ourselves as well as him. His incredibly rude comedy and outrageous stories may shock some, and that’s nothing compared to other scenes, which left us emotionally scarred, yet in fits of laughter. This is what happens when real rock, comedy and a lot of drink mix together, and it should never be any other way.” Threeweeks.co.uk

9:35 – CHRIS CROSS, Escaping From Reality @ The Voodoo Rooms (12th - 27th)
(Britain’s got Talent and Greece’s got Talent semi-Finalist)
www..chris-cross.co.uk
"A throwback to music hall eccentricity, Chris Cross is inventive, totally baffling and original. He really should be put in a strait-jacket - Trouble is, he can wriggle out of one just as quick as Houdini. His real skill is in creating an atmosphere of complete lunacy which infects your mind and leaves you questioning wether then sane world really exists. To say he is a natural showman is a gross understatement - the 19 year old has already been a street performer for a decade and appeared on Britain's Got Talent, and can handle an audience like a piece of putty. His body bending stunts merely provide a vehicle for a comedy act that's as slick as it is screwball, delivered in an outrageous, Russell Brand-esque persona." The Stage

DOWNLOAD THE FULL LIST of Cheaper Shows For Locals HERE:
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=...N2U3OTQy&hl=en

Wembley67
07-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Saw Andrew Lawrence last night, very funny.

Gonna see Brazil! Brazil! and David O' Doherty tonight.

How was Brazil Brazil? Quite fancy seeing that.

Baw Baggio
08-08-2010, 05:30 PM

It was okay, worth seeing for the freestyle footballer :top marks

David O' Doherty was really funny.

Got tickets for Brendon Burns, Reginald D Hunter and Seymour Mace over the next few days.

H18sry
08-08-2010, 08:04 PM
I was at John Bishop last night who was excellent :top marks

But Jim Jeffries was funny in bits but all he seemed to do was mock the afflicted :grr:

Hamish
08-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Paul Zerdin was good although basically same show as last year

Tim Vine was the funniest show I have seen for a long time. Haven't laughed so hard for ages.

Calvin
09-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Went to see Delete the Banjax who were really good. I wasn't too sure about sketch comedy before I saw them but I was impressed.

I work for the Gilded Balloon so see Dead Cat Bounce, Old Rope and Lach's Antihoot every night.

Dead Cat Bounce are absolutely fantastic. They're a musical comedy band but are genuinely very funny.

Old Rope is a show where comedians try out their new material. Have seen some very good ones and some, well, not so good.

Lach's Antihoot is basically an open mic but it seems to get musicians and comedians who are genuinely talented, so in all it's quite an easy way to spend a night!

easty
10-08-2010, 11:01 AM

But Jim Jeffries was funny in bits but all he seemed to do was mock the afflicted :grr:

I went to see Jim Jeffries last night, I thought he was brilliant. Didn't you know what his act was like before you went?

Baw Baggio
10-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Brendon Burns was superb, best show I've been to so far.

Seymour Mace was okay, slightly awkward because there were only ten people in the audience

Speedy
10-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Pack of Lies was ok. A bit long but not terrible.

Marabou Stork
11-08-2010, 10:44 AM
I've got tickets for Jim Jeffries and Emo Phillips to come next week.

AllyF
11-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Four shows you must see...

1. Delete The Banjax
2. David O'Doherty
3. WitTank
4. Amusements - FREE show in the Meadows Bar, my jaw has never been so sore from laughing.

ArabHibee
11-08-2010, 07:54 PM

Went to see Jim Jefferies on Monday and thought he was very funny. Yes, he may mock the afflicted but I think he tries to make a point with some of his jokes. Much, much funnier than Frankie Boyle was when I saw him this year.

Calvin
12-08-2010, 04:13 AM
Jim Jeffries is absolutely steaming every night, think I'm gonna have to go and see him on my day off.

Hibbyradge
13-08-2010, 10:33 AM
had a list of about 15 shows i wanted to go to but only managed to get tickets for jim jeffries tomorrow so far. Starts at 10.30 so hoping the game doesn't go to extra time otherwise i'll have a tough decision to make.

ltyf

hibsbollah
13-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Reginald D Hunter was genius at The Pleasance on Tuesday, sold out packed in crowd was up for it as well. 10/10:top marks
Jim Eoin on the Monday was good too, but a strangely subdued audience in the purple cow spoiled it. Its a bit like going to the football, if the crowds not up for it (or too sober), its never really the same 7/10.

Hibee-Bongo
13-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Saw an absolutely trashed Jim Jefferies wondering around the 24 hour Scotmid last night.

Sick Boy
13-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Jim Jeffries is absolutely steaming every night, think I'm gonna have to go and see him on my day off.

Saw an absolutely trashed Jim Jefferies wondering around the 24 hour Scotmid last night.

"The Fringe really is the only place in the world I can get blind drunk and no-one even bats an eyelid." Jim Jefferies

From here (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/theguide/No-not-THAT-Jim-Jefferies.6451899.jp).:thumbsup:

Saw him last Thursday after the Maribor game. It was the perfect way to forget all about the result and have a right good laugh.

H18sry
13-08-2010, 07:22 PM
I went to see Jim Jeffries last night, I thought he was brilliant. Didn't you know what his act was like before you went? no :rolleyes:

Went to see Jim Jefferies on Monday and thought he was very funny. Yes, he may mock the afflicted but I think he tries to make a point with some of his jokes. Much, much funnier than Frankie Boyle was when I saw him this year.

Not so funny when you have a disabled bairn living at home :bitchy:

Removed
13-08-2010, 08:10 PM

Which bits do you mean R? I only though the blind stuff might be classed as mocking but if I was really honest the thought did cross my mind when I first met Macar and he hasn't even got a dog :devil:

CropleyWasGod
13-08-2010, 08:20 PM

I went. Loved it. Best thing I have seen so far..... the keepie-uppie skills were light years ahead of anything I've seen at ER since the days of wee Russell.

H18sry
13-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Which bits do you mean R? I only though the blind stuff might be classed as mocking but if I was really honest the thought did cross my mind when I first met Macar and he hasn't even got a dog :devil:

so did you ask him or are you the checker "woof woof woof" "woof woof" "woof"

Removed
13-08-2010, 08:41 PM
so did you ask him or are you the checker "woof woof woof" "woof woof" "woof"

No danger and no I never asked him :greengrin

Confusing thing is that I have taken him to a fair few games and surprisingly he never even once needed a pish. Very strange imo.

H18sry
13-08-2010, 08:45 PM

Confusing thing is that I have taken him to a fair few games and surprisingly he never even once needed a pish. Very strange imo.

Colostomy bags are all the rage don't you know :wink:

Removed
13-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Colostomy bags are all the rage don't you know :wink:

:faf:

But surely that would be noticeable under tracky bottoms :dunno:

ArabHibee
13-08-2010, 08:51 PM
no :rolleyes:

Not so funny when you have a disabled bairn living at home :bitchy:

Fair point, if you didn't know what he was like. But he did have a pop at just about everybody you could think of.

Were you wondering if he would ask you to hold it for him? :cool2:

H18sry
13-08-2010, 08:51 PM
:faf:

But surely that would be noticeable under tracky bottoms :dunno:

Aye but what you thought was a saggy erse well now you know :greengrin

Removed
13-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Were you wondering if he would ask you to hold it for him? :cool2:

:rolleyes: Eh no. That's why he ditched me and started getting you to take him :agree:

Removed
13-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Aye but what you thought was a saggy erse well now you know :greengrin

Enough :rules:

ArabHibee
13-08-2010, 09:05 PM
:rolleyes: Eh no. That's why he ditched me and started getting you to take him :agree:

I meant hold his white stick. :rolleyes:

Removed
13-08-2010, 09:10 PM
I meant his white stick. :rolleyes:

:agree: So did I :confused:

He told me he wanted you to :slipper:him with it.

Godsahibby
15-08-2010, 10:42 AM
I went to see Jim Jeffries last night, had never heard of him before this years festival but a few mates had seen him and been bigging him up..... very disappointed, no real new humour in there, nothing original.

I did go an see someone called Josh Howie and the Pleasence the other night, he was pretty good, just a small venue only about 10 of us there but all pretty funny original stuff, one to watch out for in the future.

ArabHibee
15-08-2010, 12:29 PM
I went to see Jim Jeffries last night, had never heard of him before this years festival but a few mates had seen him and been bigging him up..... very disappointed, no real new humour in there, nothing original.

I did go an see someone called Josh Howie and the Pleasence the other night, he was pretty good, just a small venue only about 10 of us there but all pretty funny original stuff, one to watch out for in the future.

It's all about opinions, I guess. I cannae stand Michael McIntyre, wouldnae go and see him unless you paid me (why would I go see a nodding dog when there's one in the back of my car) but thousands of people do like him, as seen by the amount of tv coverage he gets.

Out of interest, what would you class as 'real new humour'?

Godsahibby
15-08-2010, 06:07 PM
It's all about opinions, I guess. I cannae stand Michael McIntyre, wouldnae go and see him unless you paid me (why would I go see a nodding dog when there's one in the back of my car) but thousands of people do like him, as seen by the amount of tv coverage he gets.

Out of interest, what would you class as 'real new humour'?

The other show I mentioned at the Pleasance was pretty original, something bit different. Jim Jeffries show while there was some funny jokes in there most of the stuff (gay / lesbian) has been done before in different forms, then the story he went on to tell (dont want to risk spoiling it for anyone else) really went no where and lasted half the show.

I totally agree about Michael McIntyre, I wouldnt go and see any of these guys that are on the tele, while they are funny, you have seen most of their jokes before, Is that not why Frankie Boyle has taken a step back from mock the week and other tv shows so people who actually go to see him what was it Peter Kay said in one of his shows about a "quizzie-jokey"!

Speedy
17-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Four shows you must see...

1. Delete The Banjax
2. David O'Doherty
3. WitTank
4. Amusements - FREE show in the Meadows Bar, my jaw has never been so sore from laughing.

I went to see that on Friday after I seen your comment. It was pretty good, it was a lot funnier when some absolute doughnut came in half way through and made a muppet of himself. I got the feeling it would be hit or a miss though.

I went to see Ardal O'Hanlon last night. I really enjoyed it but my girlfriend thought it was average, having said that she doesn't like father ted so I think she made her mind up before we went.

Chuckie
17-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Sean Hughes is a friend of mine, so went to see his show. He's on at The Gilded Balloon, and Thursday is his last night.

We're going to see Jim Jeffries tomorrow.

Jim pretends to be more drunk than he is by the way, it's part of his act.

For me the festival is a lot like pancakes - All exciting at first but by the end you're ****ing sick of them.

Ritchie
17-08-2010, 04:12 PM

a few of my mates went to see him on friday and thought he was awful! :confused:

Calvin
17-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Sean Hughes is a friend of mine, so went to see his show. He's on at The Gilded Balloon, and Thursday is his last night.
I've been working at 8 every night but not starting til 10 this week so going to go and see him tomorrow I reckon. I want to see Miles Jupp too.

H18sry
19-08-2010, 03:57 PM
FREE SHOWS @ EDINBURGH FRINGE

We love Free shows - especially when they are amazing
We have filtered out the best shows for you
OUR TWO FAVOURITE FREE SHOWS are Bob Slayer and Chris Cross...
- We have seen them both several times and had great feedback from people we have recommended them too
- Wild, alternative Comedy at it's very best:

6:15 – BOB SLAYER's Punk Rock Chat Show
@ The Hive, Niddry Street (Until this Sunday 22nd)
(ex tour manager of The Bloodhound Gang, Iggy Pop, Electric Eel Shock etc)
http://www.bobslayer.com
The Scotsman (Kate Copstick): "I LOVED this show... Bob Slayer is a very funny man... Good natured bad behaviour that makes Jim Jefferies look like Gyles Brandreth"
The Metro Pick of The Fringe: "Go and see Fringe stalwart Stewart Lee and / or exciting fringe newcomer Bob Slayer..."
Threeweeks: “An act clearly more drunk than the audience, Bob Slayer worked through his paying guests with amazing skill. His incredibly rude comedy and outrageous stories may shock some, and that’s nothing compared to other scenes, which left us emotionally scarred, yet in fits of laughter. This is what happens when real rock, comedy and a lot of drink mix together, and it should never be any other way.”

9:35 – CHRIS CROSS, Escaping From Reality
@ The Voodoo Rooms (until 27th)
(Britain’s got Talent and Greece’s got Talent semi-Finalist)
http://www.chris-cross.co. uk
The Stage "Chris Cross is inventive, totally baffling and original. His real skill is in creating an atmosphere of complete lunacy which infects your mind and leaves you questioning wether then sane world really exists. To say he is a natural showman is a gross understatement - he can handle an audience like a piece of putty. His body bending stunts merely provide a vehicle for a comedy act that's as slick as it is screwball and outrageous..."

Other Recommended Free Shows at Edinburgh Fringe:
12:00 - Stockholm Syndrome: Showcase of Swedish Comics @ Meadow Bar
12:10 - Robin Ince: Carl Sagan is My God @ Canons' Gait (toured with Ricky Gervais)
12:30 - Andrew Collins: Secret Dancing @ Bannermans (Podcast with Richard Herring)
4:30 - Imran Yusuf - An Audience with @ Espionage
5:15 - Laughing Horse Pick of The Fringe @ Espionage
6:15 - Bob Slayer's Punk Rock Chat Show @ The Hive (5th to 22nd)
9:30 - Laughing Horse Pick of The Fringe @ Espionage
9:35 - Chris Cross, Escaping From Reality @ The Voodoo Rooms (12th - 27th)
00:45 - **** and The Gang @ Meadow Bar - Rude and Purile late night sing-a-longs

ALSO DON'T FORGET
Highlight Comedy Shows during August are two for one with this code "fringe241"
http://www.thehighlight.co.uk

OtterHibee
20-08-2010, 11:10 PM

Sarah Miliken

I was quite keen to see her but couldn't find a date that suited.

I'm coming through for 'Celebrity Autobiography' at Udderbelly's Pasture tomorrow night with it being Michael Urie's final show.

Pete
21-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Reginald D Hunter was genius at The Pleasance on Tuesday, sold out packed in crowd was up for it as well. 10/10:top marks
Jim Eoin on the Monday was good too, but a strangely subdued audience in the purple cow spoiled it. Its a bit like going to the football, if the crowds not up for it (or too sober), its never really the same 7/10.

I've never seen Jimeoin in my life but that's where we're going next saturday.

She likes mainstream stuff like Jimmy Carr, John Bishop and Michael McIntyre...so is it a good idea to take her to one of Jimeoins' shows?

As long as it's not too surreal or studenty we'll be fine.

It will be saturday night though...and if the crowd contributes to the show then I'm looking forward to it.

Ed De Gramo
21-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Have seen:

John Bishop - Brilliant
Jo Caulfield - Fairly good....picked on me 1st :boo hoo:

and will be seeing Sarah Millican at 00:15 in George Street :thumbsup::thumbsup:

steakbake
22-08-2010, 10:42 AM
a few of my mates went to see him on friday and thought he was awful! :confused:

Yeah, I went to see him on Friday night. It wasn't the best 17 and a half quid I have ever spent. No doubt a nice guy, but I can't remember laughing once.

Saw Jason Byrne, he was alright. I'm no prud, but most of his act was about ****gin and surely he's got more to talk about than that?

Looking forward to seeing Rich Fulcher next week, playing Eleanor the Tour Whore from the Mighty Boosh.

CropleyWasGod
22-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Think I probably say this every year, but it is notable that most posters on here go for comedy and music. Theatre/dance/the visual arts rarely get a mention.

I'm not judging when I say that... each to their own... but I do wonder if there are any psychologists on here who have a theory as to why fitba fans appear to be so narrow.

Or do the real luvvies on here keep a low profile? :greengrin

hibee_girl
22-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Going to see John Bishop at the end of the month, already seen him once this year and thought he was excellent so really looking forward to seeing him again :agree:

Hibee-Bongo
22-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Think I probably say this every year, but it is notable that most posters on here go for comedy and music. Theatre/dance/the visual arts rarely get a mention.

I'm not judging when I say that... each to their own... but I do wonder if there are any psychologists on here who have a theory as to why fitba fans appear to be so narrow.

Or do the real luvvies on here keep a low profile? :greengrin

I've been to a fair few plays this year, the Crying Cherry had its last night yesterday and was great. Best thing i've seen so far this year is Love of a Clown though. Cant be arsed paying £20 to see someone who's set ive seen on tv already.

Going to see Max and Ivan tonight, should be class.

ArabHibee
22-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Have seen:

John Bishop - Brilliant
Jo Caulfield - Fairly good....picked on me 1st :boo hoo:

and will be seeing Sarah Millican at 00:15 in George Street :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:bitchy: She has a face I would never tire of kicking. And her comedy is gash too. She gets turned off my tv anytime she is on.

Rather you than me Morag.

H18sry
22-08-2010, 08:23 PM
:bitchy: She has a face I would never tire of kicking. And her comedy is gash too. She gets turned off my tv anytime she is on.

nowt wrong with a funny gash :devil:

Ed De Gramo
22-08-2010, 08:32 PM

Thats why i'm going....and you'll be in your caravan in perthshire doing a crossword :greengrin

ArabHibee
23-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Thats why i'm going....and you'll be in your caravan in perthshire doing a crossword :greengrin

:blah:

Even the delights of your company for a night wouldnae encourage me to go and see her. Did you see her on Live at the Apollo on Saturday? About as funny as a sore heid.

CropleyWasGod
23-08-2010, 12:18 PM
:blah:

Even the delights of your company for a night wouldnae encourage me to go and see her. Did you see her on Live at the Apollo on Saturday? About as funny as a sore heid.

So get out and try to see someone who you have never heard of, who isn't a third-rate wannabe comic who is trading on the fact that they were once stand-in for Lembit Opik on Have I Got The Hots for You?

The Fringe. It's what it's all about.

Calvin
23-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Going to go and see Miles Jupp and Caroline Rhea tonight.

Despite being A) A woman, B) American and C) An Actress doing stand-up, I saw her briefly on the Old Rope show and she was excellent so it's worth a shot!

Got the Comedy Gala at the Festival Theatre tomorrow which should be good!

Chuckie
23-08-2010, 01:40 PM
I would like to recommend this gadgey..

http://www.edfringe.com/whats-on/comedy/neil-hamburger

Wee snippet..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnBi7Ajt55k&feature=related

Pretty Boy
23-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Went to see Pete Jonas(Australian comedian) show 'The Dark Side of the Poon'. Revolved around him discussing previous reltionships and the reasons why they failed. Only a fiver at The Caves. Wasn't the funniest show i've ever seen but had a fair few laughs in the 55 minutes and has a totally surreal ending. Would recommend it as it's pretty cheap and cheerful.

Saw Kevin Bridges and was pretty disappointed, i hadn't really got the hype around him before but thought seeing him live might change my mind. Have to say i still don't really get the appeal.

Thought Jim Jeffries was ok but as another poster said he's hardly blindingly original.

Only got John Bishop left to go, heard a few mxed reviews so i'll withhold judgement.

CropleyWasGod
23-08-2010, 06:31 PM
For those afficionados of theatre and Le Tour, I would recommend Pedal Pusher, at the Roxy. Excellent stuff.

Speedy
23-08-2010, 07:37 PM
I saw Kevin Bridges on Friday night. I thought he was good and as far as I know all of his material was new.

I also saw a free show at the White Horse on the High Street, I can't remember what it was called but it was at 9pm, and it was really good(for a free show). There were 4 comedians and they were all pretty good, some better than other obviously. Worth a look if you're in the area but it's one of these shows where the line up changes every night so it could be hit or a miss.

AllyF
23-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Nick Helm at The Tron will be one of the best fivers you'll spend all month. Astounding.

hibsbollah
24-08-2010, 12:14 PM
I've never seen Jimeoin in my life but that's where we're going next saturday.

She likes mainstream stuff like Jimmy Carr, John Bishop and Michael McIntyre...so is it a good idea to take her to one of Jimeoins' shows?

As long as it's not too surreal or studenty we'll be fine.

It will be saturday night though...and if the crowd contributes to the show then I'm looking forward to it.

Jim Eoin was a wee bit surreal, but not totally insane. She should be fine.
i cant stomach michael mcintyre and john bishop though, so...

Chuckie
24-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Some ********s have decided the best joke of the festival is by Tim Vine, and it's this:

'I've just been on a once in a lifetime holiday. I tell you what - never again.'

Pretty Boy
24-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Some ********s have decided the best joke of the festival is by Tim Vine, and it's this:

'I've just been on a once in a lifetime holiday. I tell you what - never again.'

That really is ****ing awful. I'm pretty sure i could do better.

easty
24-08-2010, 03:15 PM
That really is ****ing awful. I'm pretty sure i could do better.

It is awful, but could you actually do better? Go on....

Scouse Hibee
24-08-2010, 03:54 PM
It is awful, but could you actually do better? Go on....

Just bought a new bathroom from Ikea.......................On reflection I shouldn't have bothered!

Baw Baggio
25-08-2010, 08:55 AM
I would like to recommend this gadgey..

http://www.edfringe.com/whats-on/comedy/neil-hamburger

Wee snippet..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnBi7Ajt55k&feature=related

I seen him a few years ago when he supported Tenacious D, the Courtney Love stuff cracked me up :greengrin

On sunday I went to a benefit show at the stand, Andy Zaltzmann, Stewart Lee and Daniel Kitson - superb :thumbsup: Pity Daniel Kitson doesn't do much stand up any more because he is one of the finest comedians I have ever seen.

Also went to see Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip at the Liquid Rooms last night, absolutely bouncing :thumbsup: