PDA

View Full Version : Manager Talk

Purehibee_MYB
03-08-2010, 01:39 AM
I just want to say that I think everyone should put their opinions of the manager, the players, the team, the board etc. to one side until after Thursday... We should be simply rallying together to support the team and get Easter Road bouncing... There isn't a lot that can be done between now and then to change the physical look of the team and management, so we all may as well support the team and become a 12th man... and then after the match we can all come back to the talk of whether Hughes is right for the job and whether our players are good enough or if we need some more players in.

La Machine Vert
03-08-2010, 05:17 AM
Well said.
There's only one Hibs so lets get behind OUR team for Thursday and every game after that...whatever happens.

Jack
03-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Sounds like a plan.

banarc7062
03-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Try and make it a game like Napoli. Support the team to the final whistle. GGTTH

Speedway
03-08-2010, 10:36 AM
I'll go with that plan.

Antifa Hibs
03-08-2010, 11:06 AM
For the first time in my life i'm in 2 minds about this one.

A win will merely paper over the cracks (like what sneaking 4th did) and propably ensure another season with that useless **** in charge. A defeat would likely see a dip in crowds, thus loss of revenue, which means Petrie might get off his erse, get some decent dough ready and get a good, experienced football manager.

If we win i'll be delighted, if we get beat I won't care on bit. Sad times.

Baldy Foghorn
03-08-2010, 11:13 AM
For the first time in my life i'm in 2 minds about this one.

A win will merely paper over the cracks (like what sneaking 4th did) and propably ensure another season with that useless **** in charge. A defeat would likely see a dip in crowds, thus loss of revenue, which means Petrie might get off his erse, get some decent dough ready and get a good, experienced football manager.

If we win i'll be delighted, if we get beat I won't care on bit. Sad times.

Come on Antifa, you will care if we get beat..... This is not like you :grr:

ionahibby
03-08-2010, 11:21 AM
I just want to say that I think everyone should put their opinions of the manager, the players, the team, the board etc. to one side until after Thursday... We should be simply rallying together to support the team and get Easter Road bouncing... There isn't a lot that can be done between now and then to change the physical look of the team and management, so we all may as well support the team and become a 12th man... and then after the match we can all come back to the talk of whether Hughes is right for the job and whether our players are good enough or if we need some more players in.

:agree: Agree and i do plan to support the team on thursday just finding it hard to get excited about the game unfortunatley!

Antifa Hibs
03-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Come on Antifa, you will care if we get beat..... This is not like you :grr:

Thursday tipped me over the edge. In the square in Maribor hearing 'rumours' that Stokesy and Riordan have been dropped, I pissed myself laughing, then getting into the stadium to actually find out it was true.

The man obvisouly hasn't got a clue, and if it means an early Uefa cup exit to get shot of him then so be it. Frustating as hell to spend 500 quid and alot of effort to see the Hibs, only for a manager to refuse/don't know how to change something after 10 minutes of seeing it was not working, especially seeing as the majority of fans could see it!

Tollhouse Hibee
03-08-2010, 11:26 AM
c'mon the cabbage

Baldy Foghorn
03-08-2010, 11:27 AM
c'mon the cabbage

:top marks

The_Horde
03-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Mon hibs, bring back the faith!

GGTTH!

Spike Mandela
03-08-2010, 12:21 PM

Everybody on here will get behind the team on Thursday whether they have been moaning on here or talking things up.

A messageboard isn't much good without opinion.

People need to separate .net and the reality of supporting Hibs which ultimately brings us to the messageboard.

uk3doorsdown
03-08-2010, 12:29 PM
I love it when a plan comes together!

Purehibee_MYB
03-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Everybody on here will get behind the team on Thursday whether they have been moaning on here or talking things up.

A messageboard isn't much good without opinion.

People need to separate .net and the reality of supporting Hibs which ultimately brings us to the messageboard.

Oh I know its good to have the opinions and stuff, just wanted to point out that there is nothing that can really be done now because its only 2 days away

jonny
03-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Just watched Yogi's interview on Hibs TV. Im inspired and hopeful.
He explained his tactics for the game last week and I was very surprised to find it actually made sense (because it certainly didnt look very sensical when I was watching it)- just a pity we never managed to stick to the plan very well!

He reckons we still have another couple of gears to go up and sounded very passionate about taking the club forward. Also a wee bit about Bamba - asking the fans to get right behind him, I reckon he's going to play.
Get in at half time winning the game with a clean sheet and you never know.....

Im really looking forward to Thursday night now.

Glory Glory

California-Hibs
03-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Just watched Yogi's interview on Hibs TV. Im inspired and hopeful.
He explained his tactics for the game last week and I was very surprised to find it actually made sense (because it certainly didnt look very sensical when I was watching it)- just a pity we never managed to stick to the plan very well!

He reckons we still have another couple of gears to go up and sounded very passionate about taking the club forward. Also a wee bit about Bamba - asking the fans to get right behind him, I reckon he's going to play.
Get in at half time winning the game with a clean sheet and you never know.....

Im really looking forward to Thursday night now.

Glory Glory

I listened to it aswel, and i echo everything you've said :top marks