PDA

View Full Version : Places to buy wood

grammyb111
02-08-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm looking to make a cabinet because I've not been able to find one with the dimensions I want. I've made my plans and I now need to know where to get the wood to make the thing, any ideas? Also do these places cut it for you? I could always do it myself but don't have an electric saw so would take me a while. Cheers in advance.

Speedy
08-08-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm looking to make a cabinet because I've not been able to find one with the dimensions I want. I've made my plans and I now need to know where to get the wood to make the thing, any ideas? Also do these places cut it for you? I could always do it myself but don't have an electric saw so would take me a while. Cheers in advance.

Is there not a place in slateford next door to where B&Q was?

I'm pretty sure it sells wood although it might just be slabs etc.

degenerated
11-08-2010, 09:26 PM

Jewson on Slateford Road carries a fair stock, as does Walker Woodstock on Gorgie Road. Failing that there's Timber Center on Ratcliffe Terrace and both Lawson Timber and Rembrand are in Sighthill Industrial Estate.