PDA

View Full Version : SO

northseahibby
02-08-2010, 09:37 PM
A fantastic 2.0 win for us on thursday...play well ..but glorious failure, do you leave, happy or yogi must go..

monktonharp
02-08-2010, 09:54 PM
you forgot the blatant penalty,and hitting the bar bit:wink:

SRHibs
02-08-2010, 09:54 PM
happy or yogi must go..

Because that's the only 2 options after a 2-0 win right enough?

I won't be happy as we'll still be out the tournament, but I'll probably feel a bit more positive about the new season, and be willing to give Yogi the benefit of the doubt for the foreseeable future.
The performances really need to improve though, as the football we're playing currently is utter crap.

Hibbyradge
02-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Happy must go.

Green-Hibee-7
02-08-2010, 10:01 PM
A fantastic 2.0 win for us on thursday...play well ..but glorious failure, do you leave, happy or yogi must go..

On here (.net) ? It will be a happy attitude to a 2-0 win and that we have played well with everyone feeling a wee bit better but there will be even more threads slating Yogi and co for the 4-5-1 and leaving Deeks and Stokes on the bench in the first leg.

Myself I just want to see an improvement on recent performances and just see a bit of fight and hopefully a few goals. I can't see anyway back from the first leg but if we win and show fight and make the atmosphere inside ER bouncing I will be quite happy with a 2nd leg tie that in all reality we have very little chance winning.

madabouthibs
02-08-2010, 10:20 PM
To be honest, if we go out, I really don't want it to be that close.

I reckon being Hibs, we'll win 3 - 0 in normal, and go out in extra time to a ****ty goal scored by A mr. ****ski!!!! :duck:

cwilliamson85
02-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Ou forget the last chance header In the last couple of seconds after a great European night. Oh sorry that was the AEK athens game when Luna missed :boo hoo:

MrSmith
02-08-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm sorry t be the prophet of doom but...I reckon we'll get beat by another 3 goals.

Hard hats on lads give it yer best shot!!

No midfield or defense in the team so cannae see any reverse just more of the same.

northseahibby
03-08-2010, 12:04 AM
On here (.net) ? It will be a happy attitude to a 2-0 win and that we have played well with everyone feeling a wee bit better but there will be even more threads slating Yogi and co for the 4-5-1 and leaving Deeks and Stokes on the bench in the first leg.

Myself I just want to see an improvement on recent performances and just see a bit of fight and hopefully a few goals. I can't see anyway back from the first leg but if we win and show fight and make the atmosphere inside ER bouncing I will be quite happy with a 2nd leg tie that in all reality we have very little chance winning.

:agree:

Musselbound
03-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Would be satisfied with a good performance and a win of any sort (sorry, but i think that's the best we'll get). Hibs scoring at least a couple of goals would be nice but I expect we'll concede at some point. I'm not for the manager going even if we lose again on Thursday. I will be waiting to see how the first month or two of the season pans out in terms of performances and results.

TamHibs
03-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Would be satisfied with a good performance and a win of any sort (sorry, but i think that's the best we'll get). Hibs scoring at least a couple of goals would be nice but I expect we'll concede at some point. I'm not for the manager going even if we lose again on Thursday. I will be waiting to see how the first month or two of the season pans out in terms of performances and results.

Agreed. Whilst I understand people being frustrated with yogi especially after what can only be described as a crazy team selection in Slovenia, we have to give him until at least October and see where we are in the league, if it's the wrong end of the table then yes he'll have to go but I still believe yogi will have us challenging for third place this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delbert
03-08-2010, 08:30 AM
A good result would only paper over the cracks as regards the deficiencies of our management team, who have messed up tactically time and again over the past 6 months, last weeks result just being the last in a long line of baffling team selections and setups, as far as I am concerned Yogi is extremely lucky to still be in employment at Easter Road, and I think a bad start will see the end of him, if the last 6 months had been under Mixu, this board would have been in meltdown.

truehibernian
03-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Any win against good opposition like Maribor has to be applauded. The league is the bread and butter so Europe is/was a nice "bit on the side". A win going into the league campaign is what the side need. Hughes fate will be decided over the course of the league and domestic cup campaigns, not what happens on Thursday. Simple truth is the club cannot afford at this time to sack him (not that they are even considering at present), so we press on and support him and the team.

Dashing Bob S
03-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Any win against good opposition like Maribor has to be applauded. The league is the bread and butter so Europe is/was a nice "bit on the side". A win going into the league campaign is what the side need. Hughes fate will be decided over the course of the league and domestic cup campaigns, not what happens on Thursday. Simple truth is the club cannot afford at this time to sack him (not that they are even considering at present), so we press on and support him and the team.

I'd be happy with a two goal win.

It was our first and their fifth game, so that gave them a big advantage, but not a three goal one.

They had technically better players, and there is no reason for a country the size of Slovenia to produce technically better players than one the size of Scotland, that has to be put down to our terrible attitude and poor coaching.

2-0 would be decent, but I expect them to score.

Franck is God
03-08-2010, 11:41 AM
I personally will be satisfied with a good performance and a win on the night whether we go through or not.

I was hoping for a couple of rounds in Europe but we were drawn against a side that was almost a full month ahead of us in preparation and that plays in Europe every season, it was always going to be difficult to go through.

Yogi's job at ER will be graded on our domestic performances in the league and cup competitions not a single tie in a Euro competition.

delbert
03-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Yogi's job at ER will be graded on our domestic performances in the league and cup competitions not a single tie in a Euro competition.

Totally agree with the above, just can't understand why for many the last 5 months of last season domestically, and the Ross County debacle don't appear to count in the reckoning, I thought they might have been somewhat relevant.

zosohibee
03-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Have to say we'll be sunk by a few more goals. Riordan and stokes on from the start will give a better chance for goals but even with a shock Bamba inclusion our defence the back line will continue, maybe not being the *****st goin but will surely concede to what many seem to be ignoring as a classy Maribor side. We'll probably score early and get everyone goin shmental but will eventully be pumped. would have loved a wee euro run but as football fans can we really be surprised at the Hibs? IMO Scotland has one of the poorest quality leagues going.

ekhibee
03-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Have to say we'll be sunk by a few more goals. Riordan and stokes on from the start will give a better chance for goals but even with a shock Bamba inclusion our defence the back line will continue, maybe not being the *****st goin but will surely concede to what many seem to be ignoring as a classy Maribor side. We'll probably score early and get everyone goin shmental but will eventully be pumped. would have loved a wee euro run but as football fans can we really be surprised at the Hibs? IMO Scotland has one of the poorest quality leagues going.
My thoughts exactly. Hibs to score first, Maribor to win 3-1. Obviously hope I'm wrong, but the SPL is garbage just now, unless the forthcoming season offers a glimmer of hope from somewhere. And I'm sorry, but without stating the obvious, Hibs have too many players playing in the 1st team that just simply aren't good enough for even half decent European teams at the moment. If Hughes fields the same team and formation that took the field in the first leg, regardless of what the happy clappers say, there could be a lot of booing and also people talking with their feet.