PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Nearly Sold Out!

HIBERNIAN 1875
02-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Was at ER buying tickets today and the woman told me that there is very limited availability in the West and South, and the FF is filling up very fast with only a couple of hundred left. Hope the game sell's out as we need all the help we can get! :agree:

Hibbyradge
02-08-2010, 05:06 PM
West Stand and Famous Five Upper now sold out.

.Sean.
02-08-2010, 05:15 PM
West Stand and Famous Five Upper now sold out.
Indeed they are :agree:

South lower for me, K77.

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Looking forward to the game and hopefully there'll be a decent atmosphere.

I oredered my ticket last Monday and it hasn't arrived yet. Does anyone know when i should expect my ticket through the post?

Gatecrasher
02-08-2010, 05:46 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100802/make-this-bounce_2262950_2109091

good news :notworthy:

steviecarnie
02-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Indeed they are :agree:

South lower for me, K77.

about 6 seats away my lot and me.

K83 i think

HibbyAndy
02-08-2010, 05:56 PM

I oredered my ticket last Monday and it hasn't arrived yet. Does anyone know when i should expect my ticket through the post?

You should have received your ticket by now.

The Posties ive heard round your way are on the thieve, Good luck getting your ticket but i wouldnt hold my breath.

No.4
02-08-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm in the famous 5 upper and regardless of it's reputation for being quiet, I will be singing my erse off for the full 90 mins!

Come on the Hibees!!:notworthy:

erin-go-bragh87
02-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Got the last four seats together in the west lower today. Hopefully we'll get an atmosphere similar to the AEK Athens match. Under the floodlights too!!

Come on the Cabbage!!!

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-08-2010, 06:26 PM

The Posties ive heard round your way are on the thieve, Good luck getting your ticket but i wouldnt hold my breath.I've got my seat number and confirmation email though but have you or anyone else had problems with not receiving tickets through the post, and if so did the Ticket Office sort it out?

I'm_cabbaged
02-08-2010, 06:31 PM

The Posties ive heard round your way are on the thieve, Good luck getting your ticket but i wouldnt hold my breath.

I've got my seat number and confirmation email though but have you or anyone else had problems with not receiving tickets through the post, and if so did the Ticket Office sort it out?

Think Andy gets all his tickets through the post. :greengrin

EasterRoad4Ever
02-08-2010, 06:34 PM

Will either be flat as a pancake or bouncing depending on what happens on the pitch.

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Think Andy gets all his tickets through the post. :greengrinAnd here was me thinking a "dirty thieving gypo" was just a stereotype :grr:

jws1875
02-08-2010, 06:59 PM
getting tickets tommorow :thumbsup:

Calvin
02-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Got one of the £20 hospitality tickets. Great news that it's nearly sold out, but very bad news if it goes wrong.

NOLA
02-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Got the last four seats together in the west lower today. Hopefully we'll get an atmosphere similar to the AEK Athens match. Under the floodlights too!!

Come on the Cabbage!!!

dont think the floodlights will be needed this time round, shame

Lofarl
02-08-2010, 07:36 PM
I ordered mine at 4pm last week and it was here the next day.

Rory89
02-08-2010, 07:41 PM
You mean Easter Road which is 6500 below it's soon to be capacity is "nearly" sold out for a European night, with ST holders being able to buy tickets for a fiver.

Great stuff, time to put a 3rd tier on the west stand methinks.

Cabbage East
02-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Stop being a fanny.

ScottB
02-08-2010, 07:44 PM
You mean Easter Road which is 6500 below it's soon to be capacity is "nearly" sold out for a European night, with ST holders being able to buy tickets for a fiver.

A European night a week after a 3-0 thumping with a slim chance of turning the tie around. I'd say that's not a bad effort to be honest.

Judas Iscariot
02-08-2010, 07:47 PM

Still reeking of a yam..

jgl07
02-08-2010, 07:48 PM

Do us a favour!

The SPL season has not started yet and the opposition is of similar calibre to Odense and Elfsborg as faced by Hibs in recent seasons. I don't think that either of those matches attracted big crowds.

Decent show if the match does sell out.

.Louise.
02-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Got my ticket although will be a race against time if I make it back from Yorkshire in time :(

madabouthibs
02-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Collecting my tw otomorrow, FF upper!
I dunno, we're a right optimistic bunch us Hibees! Suppose we gotta be eh? :thumbsup:

jabis
02-08-2010, 08:21 PM

Oh dear,sister nicked the banjo again ?

calamitus
02-08-2010, 08:28 PM
I just tried to buy a ticket on the hibs site a few minutes ago, and there was no seating plan when I clicked through, so I thought they must have sold out, but I just called the ticket line and got one, so don't just assume they've sold out if you can't see them online

steviecarnie
02-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Oh dear,sister nicked the banjo again ?

more like his boyfriend must've snapped it :greengrin

.Sean.
02-08-2010, 08:44 PM
more like his boyfriend must've snapped it :greengrin
:tee hee:

Rory89
02-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Alright then lads I hope it is a sell out, I just think it shouldn't be worth shouting about if we can sell what is less that 3 quarters of our ground. I reckon we've got quite a good support potentially, but a lot of Hibby's don't bother which is a shame.

As for this "yam" patter, it's pure pish imo time to change the record. Them calling us "hobo's" is equally gay.

Nakedmanoncrack
02-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Will believe it when I see it, have heard these 'nearly sold out' reports before only to be met with the sight of thousands of empty seats, can't see it myself judging by the absence of any sign of great enthusiasm, would be good to get a decent crowd though so hope I'm wrong.

.Sean.
02-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Alright then lads I hope it is a sell out, I just think it shouldn't be worth shouting about if we can sell what is less that 3 quarters of our ground. I reckon we've got quite a good support potentially, but a lot of Hibby's don't bother which is a shame.

As for this "yam" patter, it's pure pish imo time to change the record. Them calling us "hobo's" is equally gay.
Were did the term Yam actualy come from?

jabis
02-08-2010, 08:56 PM

"duelling banjos" perchance ?

can someone post the clip,from the film "Deliverance"

jgl07
02-08-2010, 08:59 PM

As requested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE

Dashing Bob S
02-08-2010, 09:00 PM
This would have been a hot ticket had the tie remained in the melting pot, but 13,500 in the circumstances would be a decent show. Had we come back with a 0-0, 1-1 or even 1-2 and had the East open, I reckon we'd have had our 20,000 capacity on the excitement and novelty factor combined.

As is, I reckon about 12,000, which is probably more than we deserve after last Thursday.

Have to say, I'm looking forward to being in the new completed Easter Road Stadium for the first time, even if a quarter of it won't be opened up.

Hanny
02-08-2010, 09:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

Done :cool2:

Lofarl
02-08-2010, 09:21 PM

I asked that question in a post ages ago

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?174206-Greggs-yams-nhc.-What-does-it-all-mean&highlight=

jabis
02-08-2010, 09:33 PM
:agree::agree:
As requested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE

so were agreed......it's definately(defo) Rory without the wig and lollipop

blackpoolhibs
02-08-2010, 10:38 PM

The guy on the right has a hell of a nose. :greengrin

Rory89
03-08-2010, 12:23 AM
:agree::agree:

so were agreed......it's definately(defo) Rory without the wig and lollipop

Nah I don't have a wig and a lollipop, that's Will Ferrell not me.

Haven't you seen Zoolander? It's up their with The Godfather, a modern classic.

erin go bragh
03-08-2010, 06:42 AM

quite a few times ive ordered online and the tickets have been at the ticket office,
give the ticket office[at the stadium a phone] nippy but u can pick them up thurs

lapsedhibee
03-08-2010, 07:27 AM

It's an abbreviation of the system they use for counting attendances and money, which is called yamathematics. A person who uses this system, typically in arguments with people of superior intelligence, is known as a yam.

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-08-2010, 08:07 AM
quite a few times ive ordered online and the tickets have been at the ticket office, give the ticket office[at the stadium a phone] nippy but u can pick them up thursThe ticket was indeed at the ticket office! Phew.....:thumbsup: Cheers for the reply mate!

Speedway
03-08-2010, 08:19 AM
If it is a sell out or near to one, it would demonstrate that either .net negativity is not representative of the Hibs support en masse or that Hibees talk out of the erchies a lot.

rainman
03-08-2010, 08:45 AM
If it is a sell out or near to one, it would demonstrate that either .net negativity is not representative of the Hibs support en masse or that Hibees talk out of the erchies a lot.

I would go along with both of those hypotheses. :agree:

CMac1988
03-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Is there any chance of getting the club to put up everyone's banners, flags, (.net, bounce, supporters clubs...) etc. across the seats on the East?

Would be a wee bit more more imposing and would certainly liven the place up a bit.

Got three seats in the FF lower. :greengrin

mim
03-08-2010, 10:06 AM
I've got my ticket in the South Upper.
I reckon there will be more of an atmosphere at that end. :rolleyes:

cwilliamson85
03-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Bought 2 tickets last Friday and picking them up at the ground. not been to a hibs game since the November derby derby

KenN
03-08-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure of this will apply to anyone waiting for tickets, but a word of warning.
I am a season ticket holder and bouight my tickets via TicketMaster. I was told to collect the tickets and must show the credit card I used to pay for the tickets along with quoting a reference number they gave me.
I made a 40 mile one and a half hour round trip on Saturday morning to collect my tickets, only to be told they were already on my season ticket cards !!!!
When I 'expressed my frustration' (politely) and suggested something should be put on the website, I was told that it depends on circumstances and that they have had problems with Ticket Master.
Hope this may help someone else form a wasted trip.

Spike Mandela
03-08-2010, 10:34 AM

It's the worst slagging term I've ever heard. It means nothing to anybody outside the .net bubble. You never hear anybody use this term in conversation about the Jambos.

Time for a new 'term of endearment' methinks:wink:

smurf
03-08-2010, 10:35 AM
I bought six first thing. All six together. Still plenty tickets available in the North and particularly the South.

Big_Franck
03-08-2010, 10:40 AM
I booked through ticketmaster and was told that my tickets would be available to pick up at the ground on the day of the game, and that the tickets definitely wouldn't be sent out to me in the post. Does anyone know what time the ticket office shuts mon-fri?

LancashireHibby
03-08-2010, 10:51 AM
I booked through ticketmaster and was told that my tickets would be available to pick up at the ground on the day of the game, and that the tickets definitely wouldn't be sent out to me in the post. Does anyone know what time the ticket office shuts mon-fri?

Open 9.30 til 5 I think, I'll be picking mine up on Thursday morning but I've turned up at ten minutes before kick off in the past and picked my ticket up without a problem.

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Ticket Office will be open right until K.O but i was told to get there early as possible to pick up my ticket!

Ticket Office Opening Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Wednesday 10.00am - 5.00pm
Saturday (non match day) 9.00am - 3.00pm
Saturday (match day) 9.00am - Kick off, and again after the match
Sunday (match day) 9.00am - Kick off, and again after the match
Sunday (non match day) CLOSED (Unless otherwise stated)
*Opening hours subject to change

DarrenSQH
03-08-2010, 12:20 PM
I bought six first thing. All six together. Still plenty tickets available in the North and particularly the South.

Think it's another case of wishful thinking from the ticket office. They seem to do this alot. Bit like a certain semi final that they said was nearly full.

Westie1875
03-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Is there any chance of getting the club to put up everyone's banners, flags, (.net, bounce, supporters clubs...) etc. across the seats on the East?

Would be a wee bit more more imposing and would certainly liven the place up a bit.

Got three seats in the FF lower. :greengrin

That is an excellent idea, even just the .net and bounce flags would be great as they are both huge. :agree:

lapsedhibee
03-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Think it's another case of wishful thinking from the ticket office. They seem to do this alot. Bit like a certain semi final that they said was nearly full.

******* ticket office! I bought my ticket for the West at 11 this morning and although there were only three people buying there were four people serving! ******* useless overstaffed ********! :grr:

And to cap it all when I looked at the picture of the new East on the back of the ticket it was yellow! The stand is no more yellow than Kevin McCann is a centre half! Can't these people get ******* anything right? ******* ****** *****! :grr:

Sandy
03-08-2010, 01:01 PM

New stand 6,500 isn't it, do the maths :bye:

Spike Mandela
03-08-2010, 01:05 PM

He's right isn't he:confused: Three quarters of our ground would be approx 15,000 and we're going to be less than that.

Nando™
03-08-2010, 01:16 PM
:hilarious

ancienthibby
03-08-2010, 01:21 PM

New stand 6,400;
Enlarged stadium 20,250;
Thursday capacity 13,850.

Rory89
03-08-2010, 03:21 PM

Oh ma heed. :rolleyes:

FWIW I don't often say this, but I might've been wrong. 13.5 would be a good crowd considering the circumstances. I don't think a club from a place the size of Edinburgh should consider that a good crowd but realistically after the first leg I was expecting less than 10k so if we can sell out it'd be good (although I'm sceptical, we were led to believe that semi would be packed).

Still, I could've said anything and Sandy still would've been the biggest mug on this thread. :greengrin

CMac1988
03-08-2010, 04:35 PM
That is an excellent idea, even just the .net and bounce flags would be great as they are both huge. :agree:

Yup! :greengrin

Has anyone been in contact with the club in this regard? If not then what would be the best way to get the ball rolling now that we've only got a couple of days to go?

scoopyboy
03-08-2010, 04:43 PM
******* ticket office! I bought my ticket for the West at 11 this morning and although there were only three people buying there were four people serving! ******* useless overstaffed ********! :grr:

And to cap it all when I looked at the picture of the new East on the back of the ticket it was yellow! The stand is no more yellow than Kevin McCann is a centre half! Can't these people get ******* anything right? ******* ****** *****! :grr:

Even more amazing you bought one for the west this morning after Hibs put on the official web site that it was sold out last nite.

I suspect the attendance won't be as high as people are anticipating (hoping to be proved wrong of coarse).

jgl07
03-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Even more amazing you bought one for the west this morning after Hibs put on the official web site that it was sold out last nite.

Obviously some returns!

Jamie
03-08-2010, 04:54 PM
The bounce flag is at easter road :agree:

The big athens one (green and white with hibs badge) and the gunner one will hopefully there,
Dave has sadly informed me that the .net flag is needing repaired :(

As the east is still a construction site is all down to hibs if they can get them on display.

The Famous Five will hopefully be watching

CMac1988
03-08-2010, 05:14 PM
The bounce flag is at easter road :agree:

The big athens one (green and white with hibs badge) and the gunner one will hopefully there,
Dave has sadly informed me that the .net flag is needing repaired :(

As the east is still a construction site is all down to hibs if they can get them on display.

The Famous Five will hopefully be watching

.net flag needing repaired :boo hoo:It would have looked class covering the seats during the game...

Anyone know if the club will do this? I suppose it means covering up some of the East when they essentially probably want it on show but I reckon it will add to the atmosphere a bit.

Pete70
03-08-2010, 07:51 PM
It's the worst slagging term I've ever heard. It means nothing to anybody outside the .net bubble. You never hear anybody use this term in conversation about the Jambos.

Time for a new 'term of endearment' methinks:wink:

Mutants:dunno:

Thigh ar la
03-08-2010, 09:46 PM

I suspect the attendance won't be as high as people are anticipating (hoping to be proved wrong of coarse).

Bought one for the south at 4.30 ish afternoon but tick office pretty brisk. I reckon there will still be a few free to buy but pretty close to sell out and make sure those Slovenian Mugs know they´re playing a real 12th man! Lets make it a night to remember and do our bit!!:flag::flag:

Rasta_Hibs
03-08-2010, 09:52 PM
I work in livi and looking to get two tickets, do you think i will be able to get them on the night of the game?

Sweep
03-08-2010, 09:58 PM
I work in livi and looking to get two tickets, do you think i will be able to get them on the night of the game?

Went online for 2 today, only areas left were south upper 1 block and south lower 1 block that had seats together.

Thigh ar la
03-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Sorry, I know they are no mugs but they are breakable!

[QUOTE=Rasta_Hibs;2533257]I work in livi and looking to get two tickets, do you think i will be able to get them on the night of the game?[/QUOTE

Not sure about that but i reckon if you get down later afternoon you may be ok...

hibee_nation
03-08-2010, 10:09 PM

Phone the 24 hour ticketline and pick the tickets up at ER.

HibbyAndy
03-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Forever weel be singing....

Lofarl
03-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Try phoneing up and asking

Rasta_Hibs
03-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Try phoneing up and asking

Is the ticket office open at this time like smart ?

steviecarnie
03-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Is the ticket office open at this time like smart?

24 hour ticket line

TheBall'sRound
03-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Is the ticket office open at this time like smart ?

I'd be disappointed if the 24 hour ticket line wasn't....

Sir David Gray
03-08-2010, 10:55 PM

That reminds me of a scene from an episode of Only Fools and Horses when Trigger takes Del Boy to a council waste disposal depot that he works at, to dump a dodgy substance. He tells Del that he'll definitely be able to get access to the depot, as it's open for 24 hours.

When they turn up, it's closed and they say to Trigger that they thought it was open 24 hours a day, to which Trigger replied "Yeah, but not at night".

:faf:

Judas Iscariot
03-08-2010, 11:08 PM

Ticket office and the ticket line two completely different things...

hiblander
04-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Will believe it when I see it, have heard these 'nearly sold out' reports before only to be met with the sight of thousands of empty seats, can't see it myself judging by the absence of any sign of great enthusiasm, would be good to get a decent crowd though so hope I'm wrong.

I have been to ER on at least 4 occasions in the past and have had to sit in the away end due to games being 'sold out', i have also had sit amongst the weegies at Ibrox and Parkhead as the hibs end is sold out...!

The joy of watching the Hibs! Hopefully i can sit in the Maribor end if its a 'sell out'

ahibby
04-08-2010, 08:50 AM
I have been to ER on at least 4 occasions in the past and have had to sit in the away end due to games being 'sold out', i have also had sit amongst the weegies at Ibrox and Parkhead as the hibs end is sold out...!

The joy of watching the Hibs! Hopefully i can sit in the Maribor end if its a 'sell out'

I've left it late but called the ticket line just now and the guy accidentally gave me two seats in amongst the Maribor supporters. He realised his mistake and asked me to hang on, which I did for five minutes then he came back with two seats in the FF Upper for me. Jammy or what?

Boris
04-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Think there's a few porkies/half-truths going on on the ticket sales front. For obvious reasons - i.e. not getting someone into trouble - I'm not going to say who told me but I understand that as of first thing yesterday morning sales numbered around the 9,500 mark. Maybe there'll be a late rush but somehow I doubt it. I would be delighted to be proved wrong though cos irrespective of the 1st leg score a failure to sell out Easter Road with a reduced capacity of around 13500 would be a major embarassment. There are also the financial implications - facing an uphill struggle to reach the play-off round, with most of the crowd going on Thursday having paid £5 to get in, coupled with the costs of chartering the jet for the way leg, I suspect Hibs will have made a relatively significant loss on our latest European "adventure".

Having said that, I've got this growing feeling that we'll get the result we need & I'm sticking a few bob on 5-0 & 5-1 to pay for my trip to the next round:agree:

ahibby
04-08-2010, 09:08 AM
There are also the financial implications - facing an uphill struggle to reach the play-off round, with most of the crowd going on Thursday having paid £5 to get in, coupled with the costs of chartering the jet for the way leg, I suspect Hibs will have made a relatively significant loss on our latest European "adventure".

Having said that, I've got this growing feeling that we'll get the result we need & I'm sticking a few bob on 5-0 & 5-1 to pay for my trip to the next round:agree:

There would have been no profit in the Holland pre-season so I guess they might just look at this as being part of pre-season. If it's too costly then what would be the incentive of getting in to these qualifying stages, surely teams in the SPL who couldn't afford the loss would ensure they didn't qualify. That can't be a good thing. It would be easy to throw 3rd or 4th place all you have to do is select the wrong side and the wrong tactics, wait a minute did we actually fail at failing, now that would be a turnip. Anyways, if you want two seats together now it looks as though you'll have to opt for sitting in corners near to the corner flags, but that's not to say single seats can't be found more central.

Baldy
04-08-2010, 09:17 AM
having said that, i've got this growing feeling that we'll get the result we need & i'm sticking a few bob on 5-0 & 5-1 to pay for my trip to the next round:agree:

nurse !!!!!!!!!!!!

.SeventyFive
04-08-2010, 09:30 AM
According to the week online map thingy it appears to be sold out?

Sandy
04-08-2010, 09:48 AM
He's right isn't he:confused: Three quarters of our ground would be approx 15,000 and we're going to be less than that.

:hilarious

I know, and would you believe I got an A1 for my O level Arithmetic :doh:

Sandy
04-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Oh ma heed. :rolleyes:

FWIW I don't often say this, but I might've been wrong. 13.5 would be a good crowd considering the circumstances. I don't think a club from a place the size of Edinburgh should consider that a good crowd but realistically after the first leg I was expecting less than 10k so if we can sell out it'd be good (although I'm sceptical, we were led to believe that semi would be packed).

Still, I could've said anything and Sandy still would've been the biggest mug on this thread. :greengrin

:grr: :gun:I was having a VERY bad day :faf:

Boris
04-08-2010, 11:03 AM
nurse !!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon Baldy - you've got to have a wee bit faith or why go? If we're ahead at half-time, preferably with a clean sheet, then I'd say we'd be in with a shout. And I'll remind you of that when we're sitting in the square in wherever we end up in the next round with my trip paid for by Ladbrokes!

Www1875hfc
04-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Got 5 tickets for the south upper Row AA :thumbsup:
Guy in front of me got the last ticket for the west stand.
Only FF and South stand tickets left.

iwasthere1972
04-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Got 5 tickets for the south upper Row AA :thumbsup:
Guy in front of me got the last ticket for the west stand.
Only FF and South stand tickets left.

I'm now beginning to wonder how far from a sell out the game actually is.

I know the east is not open but one stand from a possible 3 is sold out.

cwilliamson85
04-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Is everyone sitting in the west so they can have a look at the new east and going to try and get some nice landscape shots?

I am in south upper. Cant wait for tommorrow. Be in Edinburgh for 5ish so a couple of pints will nice before KO

.SeventyFive
04-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Maribor didn't sell their allocation, so Hibs fans are being put in one of the away blocks. Hmmm ...

Nando™
04-08-2010, 01:52 PM
I would be delighted to be proved wrong though cos irrespective of the 1st leg score a failure to sell out Easter Road with a reduced capacity of around 13500 would be a major embarassment.
No it wouldn't, the rounds before the play-off have never pulled big attendances.

Elfsborg, Dinaburg, Odense and Vetra were far from capacity.

Rasta_Hibs
04-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Just got two tickets for the South Upper, guy on the phone said west and famous are sold out!

IanM
04-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Just got two tickets for the South Upper, guy on the phone said west and famous are sold out!

We just gave 2 tickets back to the south upper an hours ago as another lad wanted to go so we managed to get 3 together in the south lower!.. hoptethis sells out.. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
04-08-2010, 03:23 PM
So does anyone ken if its a sellout or no then? :confused:

Brooster
04-08-2010, 03:33 PM
No it wouldn't, the rounds before the play-off have never pulled big attendances.

Elfsborg, Dinaburg, Odense and Vetra were far from capacity.

These were Inter Toto cup games.

Nando™
04-08-2010, 03:39 PM
And therefore, the early rounds of the UEFA Cup.

.SeventyFive
04-08-2010, 03:59 PM
We just gave 2 tickets back to the south upper an hours ago as another lad wanted to go so we managed to get 3 together in the south lower!.. hoptethis sells out.. :greengrin

Is that in Block 30? That's where I managed to get tickets - the dude said it was essentially the only place left to get them.

HibeeMcGinn1
04-08-2010, 04:22 PM
And therefore, the early rounds of the UEFA Cup.

theres a difference between the early rounds of the europa league and the intertoto. a big difference. plus we are only two rounds from the group stage so i wouldnt say its really early.

Nando™
04-08-2010, 04:36 PM
theres a difference between the early rounds of the europa league and the intertoto. a big difference. plus we are only two rounds from the group stage so i wouldnt say its really early.
I would like to hear this difference.

jgl07
04-08-2010, 04:41 PM
So effectively is this match.

The Europa League is a merger of the the UEFA and Inter-Toto Cups.

HibeeEmma
04-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Anyone know how many tickets are left?

Will they be selling tomorrow morning or tomorrow evening?

Hiber-nation
04-08-2010, 04:53 PM
So effectively is this match.

The Europa League is a merger of the the UEFA and Inter-Toto Cups.

May be only be 1 stage further than under the old system but this is more like the real deal - evening game in August against decent opposition compared to Saturday afternoon in July against pish to average opposition when a lot more fans are on holiday.

Well that's how it feels to me anyway :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
04-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Would have sold out the Friday after the first leg if we had managed a result that gave us a realistic chance of qualifying. That it's near a sell out now shows how much we Hibs fans love our club.

Diclonius
04-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Limited seats left in the only block still available. It was given over to the Hibs fans because Maribor presumably didn't sell out. :thumbsup:

Spender
04-08-2010, 05:47 PM
:thumbsup:
Would have sold out the Friday after the first leg if we had managed a result that gave us a realistic chance of qualifying. That it's near a sell out now shows how much we Hibs fans love our club.

:agree::agree: I will second that, blind faith reigns supreme.

skipster7
04-08-2010, 06:12 PM
was down today about 12 and there was about a dozen folk queueing out the door.:agree:
west completely away and only limited in the famous 5 and dunbar end.just read one of the Maribor players saying a full house of over 20,000 will make it a cauldron,hope they dont get too big a lift with the empty stand.

hibs0666
04-08-2010, 06:18 PM
The yams had less than 12,000 at home to Zagreb last season. It will be interesting to see if we can top that despite having only two-thirds of the stadium available.

Big_D
04-08-2010, 06:20 PM
800 left according to an rss feed

iwasthere1972
04-08-2010, 06:25 PM
The yams had less than 12,000 at home to Zagreb last season. It will be interesting to see if we can top that despite having only two-thirds of the stadium available.

Take into account the 12,000 included a few hundred or so Croats whereas only Mr and Mrs Maribor will be able to make it to Easter Road.

At The Edge
04-08-2010, 06:54 PM
According to the Maribor site, they are bringing a travelling support of around 50 folk, be nice for them to experience the full voice of Easter Road after we go 4-0 up :wink:

Gatecrasher
04-08-2010, 06:59 PM
According to the Maribor site, they are bringing a travelling support of around 50 folk, be nice for them to experience the full voice of Easter Road after we go 4-0 up :wink:

if last season is anything to go by they will still out sing us :shhhsh!:
:wink:

007 Mickey Weir
04-08-2010, 07:19 PM
When was the last time we had over 12k Hibs fans at easter road. Has there been a game this year?

Looking forward to the game. As long as we get a respectable win if not 3 goals.

Lets all enjoy the practice. We'll be back next year!!

GGTTH

Gatecrasher
04-08-2010, 07:23 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100804/maribor-ticket-update_2262950_2111399

hibs0666
04-08-2010, 07:28 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100804/maribor-ticket-update_2262950_2111399

800 tickets left would suggest that around 12,700 tickets have been sold - a right good effort under these circumstances.

Sprouleflyer
04-08-2010, 07:36 PM
800 tickets left would suggest that around 12,700 tickets have been sold - a right good effort under these circumstances.

Cheers Yogi :greengrin

jgl07
04-08-2010, 09:00 PM
I assume that most of these are from the sections originally allocated to Maribor supporters.

.Sean.
04-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Were are you sitting tomorrow mate? And Blackpool plans...?

I would like to hear this difference.
Big difference.

Currently we are attempting to qualify for the Europa League group stages. When we were playing in the Intertoto we were trying to qualify for the right to play a UEFA cup qualifier, no?

Nakedmanoncrack
04-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Big difference.

Currently we are attempting to qualify for the Europa League group stages. When we were playing in the Intertoto we were trying to qualify for the right to play a UEFA cup qualifier, no?

Not really, currently we are trying to qualify for the right to play a Europa League qualifier, rather than a EUFA Cup qualifier.

Nakedmanoncrack
04-08-2010, 09:16 PM

I had been under the impression that the seats directly above the Maribor support were not going to be made available for sale, if so it would be a good bit less than 12,700 sold.

DH1875
04-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Picking my tickets up tomorrow from the ticket office. Is it open up till kick off or does it close at half five? Can't remember:confused:

Radium
04-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Picking my tickets up tomorrow from the ticket office. Is it open up till kick off or does it close at half five? Can't remember:confused:

Tickets will be available from the Ticket Office tomorrow right up until kick-off at 7.45pm.

jgl07
04-08-2010, 09:56 PM
I had been under the impression that the seats directly above the Maribor support were not going to be made available for sale, if so it would be a good bit less than 12,700 sold.
I think that your impression are wrong.

Could Hibs seal off half the South Stand because of 50 visiting supporters.

This idea of a keeping the upper stand above the visiting support went out when the East Stand was bulldozed.

hibeeleicester
04-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Woman at the ticket office said the away fans are going to be in the East side of the south.

And how did the dnipro fans get segregated when they came? Were they not in the west upper IIRC?

Bring it on!

Cabbage East
04-08-2010, 11:11 PM
I think that your impression are wrong.

Could Hibs seal off half the South Stand because of 50 visiting supporters.

This idea of a keeping the upper stand above the visiting support went out when the East Stand was bulldozed.

They're bringing 50? Is that right?

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-08-2010, 11:21 PM
It's now all but sold out according to online tiket sales!

Only thing left is limited spaces for the remaining Maribor block.

:thumbsup:

:notworthy:

Nando™
04-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Big difference.

The Intertoto Cup was the UEFA Cup.

Then they "abolished" the Intertoto Cup because it caused confusion to people who never realised that it was the UEFA Cup. There was indeed an actual Intertoto trophy, given to the team who entered through the Intertoto and advanced the furthest in the UEFA Cup.

There is no difference, accept it's now called the Europa League.

patlowe
05-08-2010, 12:16 AM
The Intertoto Cup was the UEFA Cup.

Then they "abolished" the Intertoto Cup because it caused confusion to people who never realised that it was the UEFA Cup. There was indeed an actual Intertoto trophy, given to the team who entered through the Intertoto and advanced the furthest in the UEFA Cup.

There is no difference, accept it's now called the Europa League.

I'm pretty sure the round we are in currently would have been a Uefa Cup qualifier, whereas Motherwell's win would have been the last round of the Intertoto Cup (ie where we lost to Odense). The next round would be where we played AEK Athens (before the group stages were introduced). Correct me if I'm wrong though.

jgl07
05-08-2010, 12:37 AM
I'm pretty sure the round we are in currently would have been a Uefa Cup qualifier, whereas Motherwell's win would have been the last round of the Intertoto Cup (ie where we lost to Odense). The next round would be where we played AEK Athens (before the group stages were introduced). Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Technically correct but there is little difference between the two as far as the punters are concerned.

All Hibs previous UEFA Cup appearances have been in later rounds. For example AEK and Dnipro were both faced in the first round, the equivalent of the Challenge Round in the Europa League.

The AEK and Dnipro matches were not played in the middle of the summer before the SPL season had started.

Dashing Bob S
05-08-2010, 06:47 AM

Sadly, and it's one of life's great injustices, our pink chums don't have much of a European pedigree outside of the World Wars. However, I'm led to understand that they more than make up for this with a 'special relationship' with the Scottish Cup, which they've won twice since the war, beating the mighty Gretna in a penalty shoot-out after extra time in the last one.

GlesgaeHibby
05-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Apparently only 1 seat left.