PDA

View Full Version : Should Yogi stay as manager of Hibs?

Diclonius
02-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Your feelings right now.

soupy
02-08-2010, 11:59 AM
As far as im concerned its far to early to be thinking about sacking the manager, the spl hasnt even started yet, personally he needs to be given to christmas at the very least.. Although im still baffled why he never started with Riorden and stokes!!!

Hibbyradge
02-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Right now?

I think it would be foolhardy to sack a manager 3 days before an important home fixture in Europe. :agree:

3pm
02-08-2010, 12:03 PM
I wanted him gone last season. I was willing to start again this season but after Thursday I am back to square one.

I am backing Hibs, not John Hughes.

Hibby Kay-Yay
02-08-2010, 12:04 PM
I think if we do not see a change in tactics/players/performance then people will vote with their feet, which in turn, will make the board vote with their voice.

The game on Thursday is maybe not so much about the result of a football game but more about a decision that needs to be made by the board.

erskine-hibby
02-08-2010, 12:04 PM
I voted yes.
Not because I think he is up to the task, but because I think to change now would be folly.
IMHO he should have gone last season. The board thought differently.
I am willing to give him more time to prove me and others wrong, which I hope he does, because if he does it will not be for the good of Yogi, but to the good of the club.

Wilson
02-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Right now?

I think it would be foolhardy to sack a manager 3 days before an important home fixture in Europe. :agree:

:faf:

It is now a training excersise!

If anything taking Yogi out of the equation might actually cause Maribor some concern :bye:

Cabbage1875
02-08-2010, 12:09 PM
I wanted him gone last season. I was willing to start again this season but after Thursday I am back to square one.

This sums my feelings up well also.:agree:

Sir David Gray
02-08-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm far from thrilled with what I'm seeing but I don't think you can sack the manager after one competitive match of the new season. I'm totally aware that people aren't just basing their "Yogi must go" opinions on the Maribor match and that it goes back to last February/March, but the board had the opportunity to sack him countless times after the disasters against St Johnstone, Hamilton, Ross County, Motherwell and the inept derby displays but they stood by him so it clearly means that they intend to keep him for the foreseeable future, at least.

I'm willing to sit tight for the moment and see what happens over the next few months and if I see no improvement by Christmas/New Year, I may well be calling for a new manager to come in.

I don't think it's particularly helpful to keep on changing your managers on a regular basis and within reason, I would like to see Hughes stay for the next few years but if next season is going to be like the last three or four months of last season then I don't think I could handle that.

People also need to remember that there's still another four weeks to go before the end of the transfer window so I think we need to wait and see who Hughes brings in to the club. Hopefully he is aware that he needs at least another four players and he could do with shipping out about four or five of the current bunch. If that happens and the new players turn out to be a success then it'll be happy days again! :greengrin

judas
02-08-2010, 12:12 PM

Exactky how I feel word for word.

allezsauzee
02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
The last time the fans hounded out a perfectly good manager we ended up with Jim Duffy

HibbyAndy
02-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Put it this way if we are not getting results after maybe 10 games or so then the board will empty JH before our season goes horribly wrong.

LancashireHibby
02-08-2010, 12:26 PM
A new season, a new chance. Despite the horrific spring of last season, we still managed to qualify for Europe. To sack the manager after one competitive game with no obvious replacement lined up would be sheer lunacy.

Wellbankhibby
02-08-2010, 12:27 PM
:yawn:
Your feelings right now.

We are all entitled to our opinion but it is absolutly crazy to raise this issue yet again. All you are doing is heaping pressure on Yogi and the Team. Why must we always over react when we have a few bad results. OK I didnt think we would lose 3.0 in europe but if any team can score goals its us. I just cant understand you so called supporters. For goodness sake the league has not even started give Yogi and the boys a break.

Holmesdale Hibs
02-08-2010, 12:29 PM
As far as im concerned its far to early to be thinking about sacking the manager, the spl hasnt even started yet, personally he needs to be given to christmas at the very least.. Although im still baffled why he never started with Riorden and stokes!!!

I agree we should keep him. So far he's finished 4th in the SPL and that was with someone else’s team. His signings have generally been good and improved the squad. Things have improved (there were some dodgy results last year but that’s hardly a first) since he started, therefore he should be given more time.

Apart from that, if we were going to sack him then it should have been at the end of last season. Its far too close to the start of the SPL to sack him now.

I also agree Riordan\Stokes decision was a shocker but that's for another thread.

Sumner
02-08-2010, 12:31 PM
"a few bad results" - it's a run going back to February. :grr:

Wellbankhibby
02-08-2010, 12:40 PM
"a few bad results" - it's a run going back to February. :grr:
We cant be that bad we finished 4th and qualified for europe. Every team has bad runs and bad results. On our day we are the BEST football team in the land. Think of some of the bad managers we have had. Bertie Auld 10 men defending at dens park and celebrating a 0.0 Draw. Get a grip of yourselves.

Cabbage1875
02-08-2010, 12:43 PM
We cant be that bad we finished 4th and qualified for europe. Every team has bad runs and bad results. On our day we are the BEST football team in the land. Think of some of the bad managers we have had. Bertie Auld 10 men defending at dens park and celebrating a 0.0 Draw. Get a grip of yourselves.

Dearie me.

It's all well and good to support the team, naturally, but to completely ignore what is going on in front of your own face is just ridiculous for me.

hibiedude
02-08-2010, 12:50 PM
He should have been punted long ago but now is not the time with Thursday game being close.

Yogi is all talk and no substance sooner rather than latet I hope he'll be given his marching orders it's only a matter of time.

And that's based on poor performance over the last couple off months it's not personal but nothing has changed from last season

Wellbankhibby
02-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Dearie me.

It's all well and good to support the team, naturally, but to completely ignore what is going on in front of your own face is just ridiculous for me.

I am well aware of whats going on and I travel from Dundee most weeks, I have followed Hibs from the early sixties and saw some great teams and also some awful teams. I am certainly not ignoring whats in front of me but I just dont see the logic in so called supporters calling for the Managers head before we have even started. we had a very bad run of results last season but we secured a european place. The other teams who finished below us would love to be in our position. If we have a bad start then I would be looking for changes as well but for goodness sake the season has not even started yet. TUT,TUT,TUT

Dunbar Hibee
02-08-2010, 12:57 PM
I am backing Hibs AND John Hughes, but that does not mean I am convinced he is up to the task. Time will tell.

Beefster
02-08-2010, 12:59 PM
I am well aware of whats going on and I travel from Dundee most weeks, I have followed Hibs from the early sixties and saw some great teams and also some awful teams. I am certainly not ignoring whats in front of me but I just dont see the logic in so called supporters calling for the Managers head before we have even started. we had a very bad run of results last season but we secured a european place. The other teams who finished below us would love to be in our position. If we have a bad start then I would be looking for changes as well but for goodness sake the season has not even started yet. TUT,TUT,TUT

Sigh. There really is no need to verbalise your sounds on an Internet forum. Tsk. Gulp.

Cabbage1875
02-08-2010, 01:02 PM
I admire the way you're looking at it.

I just feel that it would be a case of closing the door after the horse has bolted, much like our current manager's use of substitutes.

If I was seeing signs of change and things being improved then fine, I would definitely be in support of giving him more time. But as it stands and time is moving on, it appears more and more unrest would be apparent and we are actually getting worse.

Time will tell, just my gut feeling though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-08-2010, 01:10 PM
If Hughes can get the team playing the same way as the first half of last season then there is no question he should stay. Once the new east is open though, I think that will throw things into sharp focus if we don't start well. 10,000 will only be a half full-half empty stadium. I think that it is fair add in, that if we a see a continuation of the patchy pre-season showings, and supporters get a bit restless, it is not really correct to say that they are jumping the gun, or making their mind up too soon. This steady decline has been apparent since January.

Dr Jimmy
02-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Yogi go now!

SaulGoodman
02-08-2010, 01:26 PM
I've always been a bit of a happy clapper, however with the current state of the team and rumors of unrest between the players and the manager I feel Yogi should go.

For me he is to stubborn and still try's this tippy tappy dutch style of play, which clearly doesn't work.

jabis
02-08-2010, 01:45 PM
sweetbabyjesus,the amount of :fishin: going on here is absolutly barf inducing.

:bsod:

Hibs supporters my :asshole:

HFC 0-7
02-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Right now?

Important? if it had been 2-1 or maybe even 3-1 it would have been important as things stand the game on thursday is a damage limitation excercise.

As a Rangers fan of mine said the other day, what has Celtic, Hibs and Heather Mills got in common?

The second leg is just for show.

heretoday
02-08-2010, 01:52 PM
No but he needs some new players fast. Experienced guys.

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Christ Almighty,

our season has not kicked off in earnest, yet we are calling for the manager's head...... Needs a bit more time IMO, we cannot keep changing manager's, we need continuity....

bighairyfaeleith
02-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm undecided, while being far from convinced with yogi part of me says give him more time.

On the other hand, right now we have some very good players in riordan,stokes,miller,de graaf (IMO), these sort of players won't be around for ever and I woulk hate to see there time at hibs wasted by playing for a manager that doesn't have a clue how to play them.

I also don't think the players are being trained properly, every time I have seen them since early last season they haven't looked fit, just my opinion but given our training facilities this worries me. TBH they haven't looked fit since JC left, as mixu wasn't big on the fitness part either I don't think.

And finally, I'm concerned that we are not giving the youngsters a try, they are desperate to play and I think could provide that bit of hunger and fight we have been missing at times.

I'll wait until 10pm on thursday before making my mind up for certain I think!!

New Corrie
02-08-2010, 02:04 PM
I think he should have been away after the Motherwell 6-6 debacle, it's very sad as I like Yogi and I really thought he was going to be the man for us, but he seems really out of his depth and struggling badly. I think he needs put out of his misery because since xmas there has been absolutely no evidence to suggest that he is going to get us pointing in the right direction.

ScottB
02-08-2010, 02:13 PM
No but he needs some new players fast. Experienced guys.

How many players has he brought in already? Must be about 8 by now surely? How many more does he need before he stops being the reason for our problems?

We are Hibs, no manager is ever likely to have the squad exactly how he wants it, there's always going to be a few spots that could do with being strengthened, but that's the reality for a club on our budget. We need a manager that can make good use of what we can bring in, if Yogi can't do that then tough for him frankly. He's spent more money than any Hibs manager since McLeish to scrape a 4th place. Yes, getting into Europe is a good result, however, the points total was barely better than Mixu's, so lets not go crazy here.

The only reason Hughes is still in the job was because of the first half of last season, had those points been spread around the season Mixu style he'd have been punted by now. Don't get me wrong, I hope we can recapture that form, but even back then it was as often luck as it was performing well that had the team winning. Once the other sides figured out Yogi's tactics we barely won a game again. Above all it's his inability or stubborn reluctance to abandon a system and style of play that has done nothing since 2009 that is my concern, Maribor just highlighted these issues from last season again.

Frankly, if we line up on Thursday night in a 4-5-1 with Nish up front alone he should be out of a job by Friday morning.

vahibbie
02-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Seeing how close the poll results are speaks volumes.
I reluctantly voted no. I really hoped Yogi would be the man but I just don't think he's got what it takes.
Hibs may pull off a wonder result on Thursday but it will have nothing to do with the manager. He has to pick a team to chase goals so the selection should be a no brainer and if we squeeze through it will be from the guys on the park. Scrap all this tippy-tappy passing in our own half just for the sake of passing. Get yir heids doon and go for it.
Deek, Stokes and Miller to make it 3-3 and a trademark Deeks free kick to win it in OT and bring the house down:thumbsup:

persevere1875
02-08-2010, 03:10 PM
sweetbabyjesus,the amount of :fishin: going on here is absolutly barf inducing.

:bsod:

Hibs supporters my :asshole:

:top marksMy thoughts exactly, we need to get a collective grip. Heard this too many time's on the site lately, if this is the best we can manage to discuss I dread to think what the atmosphere will be in ER come Thursday night, the Yams, Maribor fans and anyone else looking in on this site must be laughing there collective:asshole:off, and whats worse is If, and I sincerely hope we do, If we turn it around against Maribor, how many people now shouting Yogi must Go will be on here Friday happy clapping eh ????

(((Fergus)))
02-08-2010, 03:24 PM
:top marksMy thoughts exactly, we need to get a collective grip. Heard this too many time's on the site lately, if this is the best we can manage to discuss I dread to think what the atmosphere will be in ER come Thursday night, the Yams, Maribor fans and anyone else looking in on this site must be laughing there collective:asshole:off, and whats worse is If, and I sincerely hope we do, If we turn it around against Maribor, how many people now shouting Yogi must Go will be on here Friday happy clapping eh ????

I'll need the whole weekend to get over the shock. First thing Monday morning though I'll be on here bigging up our misunderstood genius.

down-the-slope
02-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Way too early to be even contemplating a change. Yes there are some serious issues that need sorting and still a change of some players out and in. Although not a great result last week, lets not forget we actually did make it into Europe with Yogi....and it was a better result tahn last Euro away game :wink:

since90plustwo
02-08-2010, 03:39 PM
he got us into europe for the first time since 2005, yet we still want to sack him, he got us pushing for the title at one point last year aswell. Fair Enough he has made some awful decisions and had some bad results but not every managers perfect. We had a big off spell last year that yes lasted far too long but we had none prior to that for the whole season, so it hit us with a shock and we couldnt deal with it, but when it mattered in the closing stages of the season we came up trumps and secured two good results in the final two games. Okay 6-6 might not have been great for us but yogi got his tactics spot on for that game, what other team came and took 6 of motherwell in their own back yard? Defensive cock ups cost us in that game, not yogi. and yogis signing have been brilliant, liam miller, anthony stokes, smith, stack, mcbride, all good players signed by yogi. Yogi should be kept, he has had bad results, mowbray had us pumped by hearts on numerous occasions but he was still a great manager for us.

Phil D. Rolls
02-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Yes, he should stay. It's only fair that he is given a full chance, and we don't succumb to knee jerk reactions. That said, he seems to be doing an awfully good job of loosening the screws on his coat peg himself.

For me the results against Ross County and Motherwell (6-6) are mighty big blots on his copy book.

HFC 0-7
02-08-2010, 04:23 PM
he got us into europe for the first time since 2005, yet we still want to sack him, he got us pushing for the title at one point last year aswell. Fair Enough he has made some awful decisions and had some bad results but not every managers perfect. We had a big off spell last year that yes lasted far too long but we had none prior to that for the whole season, so it hit us with a shock and we couldnt deal with it, but when it mattered in the closing stages of the season we came up trumps and secured two good results in the final two games. Okay 6-6 might not have been great for us but yogi got his tactics spot on for that game, what other team came and took 6 of motherwell in their own back yard? Defensive cock ups cost us in that game, not yogi. and yogis signing have been brilliant, liam miller, anthony stokes, smith, stack, mcbride, all good players signed by yogi. Yogi should be kept, he has had bad results, mowbray had us pumped by hearts on numerous occasions but he was still a great manager for us.

The bad run started in December/January and it is still going, yes we are in europe but that form was long ago and in fact in many of those games we were pretty lucky to win. Bad results Like 5-1 Stjohnstone, the hamilton game, the Rangers game, the motherwell game and also the Ross county games are so bad you had to wonder about what was going on with Yogi and the reason he was playing certain players and the tactics adopted. Then there is the Maribor game which was a disgrace.

Since the 27th December (The 4-1 Rangers Game) Hibs have played 27 competative games which saw them win 8 games lose lose 14 and draw 5. Score 45 and conceed 53! 2 of those wins and 8 of those goals coming against irvine meadow and Montrose!

We drew 2-2 against Ross County
We Got Beat 2-1 against Ross County
We got beat 5-1 against St Johnstone
We got beat 4-1 against Hamilton
We got beat 4-1 against Rangers
We got beat 4-2 against Dundee Utd
We drew 6-6 with Motherwell after being 6-3 up
We lost 3-0 to Maribor

Since the 27 December we have lost a higher % of competative games than the team that got relegated from the SPL last season. It looks like we are continuing that sort of form if so we are in deep trouble!

So its basically been since January that we have been mince, in your book what does a manager have to do to get sacked or for people to start calling for his head.

Saorsa
02-08-2010, 04:36 PM
I would have got rid of him ages ago, He's nae better the Mixu, indeed some of the results with him in charge have been considerably worse and Mixu never had a run this bad, it's also just a dire tae watch.

robinhood
02-08-2010, 04:51 PM
And if he turns it round in the second leg? Is he back to the messiah?

Football fans can be horrifically fickle.

Beefster
02-08-2010, 04:54 PM

Football fans can be horrifically fickle.

You're right there. Look at the way your mob turned on your 'SPL Manager of the Year' once Vlad started messing him about.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Fair enough, We stumbled over the line into 4th place and qualified for Europe, but,I feel that has papered over some pretty big cracks, the bigger picture here is that last season was the lowest standard SPL Ive seen, I dont really see any progression since Yogi arrived.

MSK
02-08-2010, 04:55 PM

Yam fans can be horrifically ugly.True ..:agree:

Kaiser1962
02-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Christ Almighty,

our season has not kicked off in earnest, yet we are calling for the manager's head...... Needs a bit more time IMO, we cannot keep changing manager's, we need continuity....

exactly!

Greenblood70
02-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Go now. I don't think he's got it and i've seen zero evidence he's anywhere near finding it.

robinhood
02-08-2010, 05:54 PM
You're right there. Look at the way your mob turned on your 'SPL Manager of the Year' once Vlad started messing him about.

I was more meaning I think he should get a bit more time.

I think Csaba got more than enough time to get us playing decent football, he just didnt want to.

Sumner
02-08-2010, 06:02 PM

Bertie Auld is irrelevant to the situation now - I could equally compare how much better Eddie Turnbull was to what we have now, way to debate son! :yawn:

Hibs finished 4th due to the early season - even Hughes has said so, and it's all very well we had the good start, as since February it was relegation form, with the tactics and performances very poor to watch. if you enjoyed that run, "get a grip of yourself" :yawn:

Sumner
02-08-2010, 06:03 PM
I would have got rid of him ages ago, He's nae better the Mixu, indeed some of the results with him in charge have been considerably worse and Mixu never had a run this bad, it's also just a dire tae watch.

Exactly. Wish it had been different, but agree with you 100% DD

Viva_Palmeiras
02-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Only on hibs?.net
And yes I did vote sheesh
Next embryos are they hibs class?
Talk about premature !
Ok so a bad run straddles seasons it's a new team a new season let's get behind them persevere even? No disrespect intended to the long suffering but Rome wasn't built in a day ps I'm relatively long suffering since 1971

Craig_in_Prague
02-08-2010, 06:31 PM
I haven't voted, but if I had to, it would have been Yes.
Simply because he deserves the chance to have a good SPL campaign, with another summer of shaping his team, getting in new players, working with who he's got etc.

My gut feeling is that he won't see Xmas as Hibs manager.

I think we'll leak goals, and those horrible horrible results/performances of last season, will happen again IMO and the fans won't be able to take it again.

EasterRoad4Ever
02-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Give it a week or two....

deeks01
03-08-2010, 12:28 AM
and I thought aberdeen fans were bad for over-expectation and knee jerk reactions that force managers out before their time! judging by this site lately we're bloody worse!!!! :grr:

bring on thursday and bring on maribor!!! :agree:

erin go bragh
03-08-2010, 06:48 AM
:yawn:

We are all entitled to our opinion but it is absolutly crazy to raise this issue yet again. All you are doing is heaping pressure on Yogi and the Team. Why must we always over react when we have a few bad results. OK I didnt think we would lose 3.0 in europe but if any team can score goals its us. I just cant understand you so called supporters. For goodness sake the league has not even started give Yogi and the boys a break.
agree 100% ,lets get behind the whole club ffs

Expecting Rain
03-08-2010, 07:01 AM
For the time being i think Yogi should stay, management is far more complex than the opinions of ourselves but Yogi should start being more realistic regarding the attributes of his personel, some things are basic like starting with your best eleven ( if he knows what that is), i think almost everybody wants him to succeed, some of us i guess think that he`s making things hard for himself, c`mon Yogi give us a good starting line up and a good if not winning performance on thursday.

Stevie Reid
03-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Hibs may pull off a wonder result on Thursday but it will have nothing to do with the manager.

So it's completely his fault for last Thursday even taking into account the individual errors, yet if we pull off the near impossible, it will be all down to the players and Yogi will get no credit from you whatsoever?

That shows just how ridiculous the attitudes that many on here have towards him, the appetite of many on here to get rid of him is truly unbelievable considering we achieved 4th place and a place in Europe in his first season. He is passionate and clearly cares about the club, but it genuinely seems that many on here are willing him to fail. It's pathetic and those who truly believe that we should get rid of him now will obviously never be happy no matter who is brought in.

iwasthere1972
03-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Give him at least until October and if after that time there's no sign of improvement then it's gotta be :bye: Yogi and thanks for your hard work.

I really hope that he can turn things around. If the players had as much passion and love for Hibs as Yogi obviously has then we would win the SPL hands down and already have an eye on the next round of the Europa League.

ballengeich
03-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I've voted for him to stay. I wouldn't have appointed him in the first place, but Hibs should not sack a manager who's taken the team to 4th in the previous season.

jdships
03-08-2010, 03:36 PM
I haven't voted as I see it as pointless exercise
I wouldn't have appointed Hughes in the first place, but Hibs should not sack their manager before the season has even started .
They made it in 4th place last year , O.K. more by other teams results than their own, so why not give him the chance to prove he has the credentials to qualify for Europe again this year ?

vahibbie
03-08-2010, 03:37 PM
So it's completely his fault for last Thursday even taking into account the individual errors, yet if we pull off the near impossible, it will be all down to the players and Yogi will get no credit from you whatsoever?

That shows just how ridiculous the attitudes that many on here have towards him, the appetite of many on here to get rid of him is truly unbelievable considering we achieved 4th place and a place in Europe in his first season. He is passionate and clearly cares about the club, but it genuinely seems that many on here are willing him to fail. It's pathetic and those who truly believe that we should get rid of him now will obviously never be happy no matter who is brought in.

Unfortunately passion and caring do not a great manager make.
I don't think there is anyone who is genuinely willing him to fail. I'm sure no-one would really mind if we gubbed Maribor on Thursday, split the OF and won the Scottish Cup....all with Yogi at the helm. It's just that a lot of think it's no gonna happen.

delbert
03-08-2010, 03:41 PM
In a word, No. So many say judge him on the league and cup results - have some people been in a coma since the turn of the year? If so for Gods sake, wake up and smell the coffee !!

Stevie Reid
03-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Unfortunately passion and caring do not a great manager make.
I don't think there is anyone who is genuinely willing him to fail. I'm sure no-one would really mind if we gubbed Maribor on Thursday, split the OF and won the Scottish Cup....all with Yogi at the helm. It's just that a lot of think it's no gonna happen.

I appreciate that he will not automatically be a great manager just because he is a passionate supporter of the club, I was using it more as a perplexing reason why there is so much vitriol and so many hugely direspectful and insulting comments aimed towards him on this board.

I don't think we'll do it on Thursday either, though it's far from impossible - and defeat to a side of Maribor's quality is far from unacceptable.

vahibbie
03-08-2010, 03:56 PM
I appreciate that he will not automatically be a great manager just because he is a passionate supporter of the club, I was using it more as a perplexing reason why there is so much vitriol and so many hugely direspectful and insulting comments aimed towards him on this board.

I don't think we'll do it on Thursday either, though it's far from impossible - and defeat to a side of Maribor's quality is far from unacceptable.

That one I'll give you, no need to make any of it personal. Although people on here are every bit as passionate about Hibs as Yogi and unfortunately insults seem to spout very easily from football fans.

Brizo
03-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Yogi should be given the opportunity to turn it round but if the first 1/2 of this seasons like the second 1/2 of last season , niether last seasons scraped by a baw hair 4th spot or our entry into Europe or his Leithy boy background should keep him in the job.

My big fear is that Yogi has a philosophy first and foremost and he then tries to fit players into that philosophy regardless of whether they are clever enough or good enough to fit into it. Id like to see him be pragmatic enough to firstly pick the best players , play them in their natural positions and then fit the tactics around those players. Im concerned his egos possibly to big for that kind of pragmatic approach ...and that could well be his downfall.

The_Todd
03-08-2010, 06:08 PM

We're really, really not.

Phil D. Rolls
03-08-2010, 08:01 PM
In a word, No. So many say judge him on the league and cup results - have some people been in a coma since the turn of the year? If so for Gods sake, wake up and smell the coffee !!

I can see Starbucks, but I can't smell the coffee yet.

hfc1875x
04-08-2010, 05:06 AM
He's trying to build a team albeit a little slow. I think clubs these days are a little hasty in firing managers. Its all about putting bums on seats, especially now with our increased capacity. The garbage we have seen dished up the 2nd half of last season will have the opposite effect. Hibs should be up there challenging for a top 4 finish and a good run in domestic cups. If its not going our way come xmas Yogi's coat will be on a very shaky peg.

Stevie Reid
04-08-2010, 09:19 AM
I think clubs these days are a little hasty in firing managers

Absolutely. In his 2nd season at Everton, Davie Moyes took them within a bawhair of relegation, finishing 17th with their lowest ever points total, but their board stayed strong and supported him - they qualified for the Champions League the following season. Thankfully our board will not be as knee jerk as many on here would have them be.

Seveno
04-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Maybe we should appoint Corporal Fraser from Dad's Army as manager.

He'll keep the 'we're doooooooomed' brigade happy.