PDA

View Full Version : Bamba To Play On Thursday?? (merged)

bobo_currie
01-08-2010, 08:32 PM
wots the deal with bamba?
noticed he was'nt in the squad today,
is he still trainning with the boys?

YehButNoBut
02-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Yogi has not ruled out the big man appearing on Thursday for us.

While insisting he was still bitterly disappointed with the 25-year-old's behaviour, when asked if Bamba's continuing absence meant he wouldn't play in the second leg of the third qualifying round, Hughes replied: "You never say never."

Would you welcome Bamba back into the team, my view is he would still be an asset to us. :agree:

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-boss-opens-door-for.6451950.jp

HibbyKeith
02-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Got a text from evening news half hour ago saying hughes opens door for bamba euro return

so I assume hes back training with the squad today.

Speedway
02-08-2010, 11:13 AM

Wee Scottie Dug
02-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Yogi has not ruled out the big man appearing on Thursday for us.

While insisting he was still bitterly disappointed with the 25-year-old's behaviour, when asked if Bamba's continuing absence meant he wouldn't play in the second leg of the third qualifying round, Hughes replied: "You never say never."

Would you welcome Bamba back into the team, my view is he would still be an asset to us. :agree:

I for one wouldn't object to his inclusion in the starting line-up, but I would have thought if he was in Yogi's plans he might have got a run out yesterday at Carlisle - so I would conclude that its highly unlikely (IMHO) :cool2:

KeithTheHibby
02-08-2010, 11:21 AM
He is a Hibs player and contracted to the club.

He is our best centre half by a mile and should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

We need to keep a clean sheet to have any chance and our defence improves when he plays.

If Bamba and Yogi have kissed and made up then Bamba should play.

I don't care what has happened in the past 2 weeks, it is what happens in the future starting thisThursday.

monktonharp
02-08-2010, 11:30 AM
we could look at it this way: your playing,as a punishment. might help the defence,although he could just as easily decide to give away an early penalty,so,dinnae ken if I want him in on Thursday:yawn:

GreenPJ
02-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Not having paid much attention to who is allegedly interested in Bamba, if invalidating himself for further European participation for a potential new club is a possibility I don't think Bamba will be played.

M11BMO
02-08-2010, 11:32 AM

He is our best centre half by a mile and should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

We need to keep a clean sheet to have any chance and our defence improves when he plays.

I don't care what has happened in the past 2 weeks, it is what happens in the future starting thisThursday.

:top marks

monktonharp
02-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Got a text from evening news half hour ago saying hughes opens door for bamba euro return

so I assume hes back training with the squad today.I'd take the big man instead of the current captain anyday,and gie the armband to Murray for this particular game.

allezsauzee
02-08-2010, 11:45 AM
I'd take the big man instead of the current captain anyday,and gie the armband to Murray for this particular game.

glad its Yogi making the decisions instead of you then

monktonharp
02-08-2010, 11:57 AM
glad its Yogi making the decisions instead of you then hope Idid not offend you , did not know we still had fans of our captain,who is totally pish. not sure how many are glad about Yogi's decisions either.

allezsauzee
02-08-2010, 12:10 PM
No offence taken

When's the last time Bamba had a great game?

He's not interested in playing for Hibs and when he's not interested he's a waste of space. Hogg is our best centre half

blackpoolhibs
02-08-2010, 12:19 PM
No offence taken

He's not interested in playing for Hibs and when he's not interested he's a waste of space. Hogg is our best centre half

:faf::faf:

allezsauzee
02-08-2010, 12:24 PM
:faf::faf:

Who's better then Blackpoolhibs?

7Hero
02-08-2010, 12:24 PM
so he isnt being left out as would cuptie him thus making himn hard to sell ??

i cant understand why he cant just fine him and he plays the first leg.

v similar to latapy situation, i would play my best players, not drop them..

Captain Trips
02-08-2010, 12:26 PM
If selected it should be in front of the defence, I am no fan of Hogg but Bamba is very clumsy back there and not that great either.

blackpoolhibs
02-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Who's better then Blackpoolhibs?

Stephens the 18 year old kid is better, Murray is better, Bamba is better. The guys pish and should be nowhere near a 1st team shirt.

allezsauzee
02-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Stephens the 18 year old kid is better, Murray is better, Bamba is better. The guys pish and should be nowhere near a 1st team shirt.

Well given that Stephens hasn't played a league game yet, I'll no bother reading the rest of the sentence

HibbyAndy
02-08-2010, 12:40 PM

Correct,

If he's match fit and ready to go, Then get the boy in the team for Thursday night!..We need 11 Gladiators on Thursday night, Stand up and be counted, Sol can play his bit .

blackpoolhibs
02-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Well given that Stephens hasn't played a league game yet, I'll no bother reading the rest of the sentence

And the last decent game Hogg had was when?

SaulGoodman
02-08-2010, 01:30 PM
No offence taken

No offence mate, but Hogg's dire.

Judas Iscariot
02-08-2010, 01:33 PM
No offence taken

:faf:

Best

Ever

DaveF
02-08-2010, 01:34 PM
I can't stand Bamba's attitude but surely he has to start on Thursday.

By all accounts we have looked very ropey at the back in pre season so our strongest defender has to play - despite all the off field rubbish.

RoYO!
02-08-2010, 01:35 PM
I believe that if bamba isn't playing it is purely bad man management. Bamba made an error, yogi needed to put bull-headedness behind him and get it sorted. If he has not done this then that is a failure on his part.

I don't think that bamba has been professional or has hibs best interests at heart but he does need to be in the shop window and remains the best player for the position and hibs can't turn down a big transfer fee.

Unfortunately, it's a similar bullishness/ narrow-mindedness on yogis part that means he doesn't like to admit he is wrong/ tactics/ players played. I'm hoping that this is something that he is learning...

Steve20
02-08-2010, 01:35 PM
No offence taken

Only if we don't count Bamba, Murray or Hanlon.

Beefster
02-08-2010, 01:44 PM

Or Stokes, Riordan, Miller, Stevenson, Nish, Galbraith, Zemmama, Stack, Smith, Brown,.....

banarc7062
02-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Hope so. Would like him to play.:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Bamba should have played his last game for the Club IMO, he deliberately took the piss out of all concerned..... Steven Gerrard got further with England, played in the games, yet was back training with his Club..... Does Bamba think that he is better than Gerrard then????

He will be way short of fitness, in comparison to the rest of the squad who trained in Holland, and will be short of game time....

IMO if he is selected it makes a mockery of the rest of the players who have grafted so hard in pre season..... Talk of him playing should not even be on the agenda........... No player is bigger than the Club..

Dunbar Hibee
02-08-2010, 02:06 PM
No player is bigger than the club, but IMO this was blown out of proportion a bit. If he just says sorry gets on with it and helps us get through the next round this Thursday night then I will certainly forgive and forget...

Lofarl
02-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Bamba should have played his last game for the Club IMO, he deliberately took the piss out of all concerned..... Steven Gerrard got further with England, played in the games, yet was back training with his Club..... Does Bamba think that he is better than Gerrard then????

He will be way short of fitness, in comparison to the rest of the squad who trained in Holland, and will be short of game time....

IMO if he is selected it makes a mockery of the rest of the players who have grafted so hard in pre season..... Talk of him playing should not even be on the agenda........... No player is bigger than the Club..

Summed up perfectly Dela.

Dashing Bob S
02-08-2010, 02:35 PM

And Hanlon.

Hogg - worst defender at the club.
Rankin - worst midfielder.
Nish - worst forward.

Sadly, these seem to be the first names on the teamsheet.

vahibbie
02-08-2010, 02:38 PM
I believe that if bamba isn't playing it is purely bad man management. Bamba made an error, yogi needed to put bull-headedness behind him and get it sorted. If he has not done this then that is a failure on his part.

I don't think that bamba has been professional or has hibs best interests at heart but he does need to be in the shop window and remains the best player for the position and hibs can't turn down a big transfer fee.

Unfortunately, it's a similar bullishness/ narrow-mindedness on yogis part that means he doesn't like to admit he is wrong/ tactics/ players played. I'm hoping that this is something that he is learning...

Bad management seems to be a recurring theme with Hibs of late:bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
02-08-2010, 10:53 PM
And Hanlon.

Hogg - worst defender at the club.
Rankin - worst midfielder.
Nish - worst forward.

Sadly, these seem to be the first names on the teamsheet.

Hanlon has started the season very slowly. I would not play him on Thursday.

NorthNorfolkHFC
02-08-2010, 11:10 PM

Bamba, fit, unfit, lacking game time, p***ed, eyes closed, one legged or 'not interested' (get my point) is miles better than any centre half we have. He should play.

As for the other players, i am sure they will want their best players on the park and i would guess that they will want him playing!!! If you have ever played team sports i am sure you would agree!!!

He is not bigger than the club, however Yogi has to do whats right for the club and that is WIN this game, to have a chance we need him irrespective of what he has done.

Baldy Foghorn
03-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Bamba, fit, unfit, lacking game time, p***ed, eyes closed, one legged or 'not interested' (get my point) is miles better than any centre half we have. He should play.

As for the other players, i am sure they will want their best players on the park and i would guess that they will want him playing!!! If you have ever played team sports i am sure you would agree!!!

He is not bigger than the club, however Yogi has to do whats right for the club and that is WIN this game, to have a chance we need him irrespective of what he has done.

I don't think the players agree, I hear they are very unhappy with Bamba.......

sam armstrong
03-08-2010, 11:03 AM

One week too late though, Bamba without training or games is still a better bet than Hogg in any game and last weeks was the most important game (financially) since the Scottish Cup debacle against Ross County. Much greater efforts should have been made despite Bamba's stupid behaviour.

Baldy Foghorn
03-08-2010, 11:20 AM
One week too late though, Bamba without training or games is still a better bet than Hogg in any game and last weeks was the most important game (financially) since the Scottish Cup debacle against Ross County. Much greater efforts should have been made despite Bamba's stupid behaviour.

Bamba is the one in the wrong, not Hibernian FC.........

He has let his teammates, management and supporter's down, yet some people believe he should just walk right back into the team, no way.........:grr:

scoopyboy
03-08-2010, 11:26 AM

He has let his teammates, management and supporter's down, yet some people believe he should just walk right back into the team, no way.........:grr:

Spot on.

I would also add if he was considering Bamba then he should have played him at Carlisle.

Bamba was training with the 19s yesterday as first team were off.

Training at stadium for first time today at 4pm.

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2010, 11:28 AM

I dont care what he's done. I just want us to have the best chance of getting to the next round. Bamba is the best centre half we have imho, and he will probably be off by the end of this transfer window. If he plays and does well, we might get through. We might also get a better fee for him. This is about Hibs, not Yogi not Bamba not any of the players. The bottom line for me is trying to get a result on Thursday, i remember thinking we did the right thing with Latapy, then watched us surrender meakly in the cup final, i'd rather not see that again.

Baldy Foghorn
03-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Spot on.

I would also add if he was considering Bamba then he should have played him at Carlisle.

Bamba was training with the 19s yesterday as first team were off.

Training at stadium for first time today at 4pm.

Agree Jock, maybe its another Yogi ploy to confuse the opposition??:confused::wink:

Baldy Foghorn
03-08-2010, 11:31 AM
I dont care what he's done. I just want us to have the best chance of getting to the next round. Bamba is the best centre half we have imho, and he will probably be off by the end of this transfer window. If he plays and does well, we might get through. We might also get a better fee for him. This is about Hibs, not Yogi not Bamba not any of the players. The bottom line for me is trying to get a result on Thursday, i remember thinking we did the right thing with Latapy, then watched us surrender meakly in the cup final, i'd rather not see that again.

Bamba's form in the latter part of the Season was woeful, resulting in a number of errors that conceded goals.......

I don't think he should be anywhere near the team on Thursday........ Hibs can get the result without Bamba IMO

Baldy Foghorn
03-08-2010, 11:32 AM

So we just let players disregard the club, and play them irrespectively...... No chance

borstalboy
03-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Bamba's form in the latter part of the Season was woeful, resulting in a number of errors that conceded goals.......

I don't think he should be anywhere near the team on Thursday........ Hibs can get the result without Bamba IMO

Was he not suspended for the majority of games towards the end of last season??

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2010, 11:37 AM

So we just let players disregard the club, and play them irrespectively...... No chance

He's still the best central defender we have imho by a mile, and i just dont care anymore what any of them do. I just want us to play our strongest 11 in the right positions, to give us the best chance of getting through. Friday can then take care of itself.

Baldy Foghorn
03-08-2010, 11:39 AM
He's still the best central defender we have imho by a mile, and i just dont care anymore what any of them do. I just want us to play our strongest 11 in the right positions, to give us the best chance of getting through. Friday can then take care of itself.

Well that sets some example to the rest of the squad.....

I know a number of players were raging at Bamba's antics, and how will these players (who are in the 11 by the way) feel if he is selected...... It won't happen, I can't see Bamba being selected....

Baldy Foghorn
03-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Was he not suspended for the majority of games towards the end of last season??

I was talking about after he came back from ANC in January

Gatecrasher
03-08-2010, 11:40 AM

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-08-2010, 12:33 PM

Double standards.

We continue to play and adore Derek Riordan. I don't know the exact details of his misdemeanours but i don't think he has done himself or the club proud with behaviour in bars/nightclubs etc.

If we are talking about setting an example for our youth he should also be sidelined based on this. Furthermore if he is out on the p**s surely he is also letting his team mates down by not getting into peak condition for games when others on the team abstain from alcohol entirely?

Ian Murray showed some disregard for the club when he left as well yet we welcome him back with open arms.

I am not having a pop at Derek or Ian here just stating the facts, i would have Derek in my team every week purely because he is the best we have.

Baldy Foghorn
03-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Double standards.

We continue to play and adore Derek Riordan. I don't know the exact details of his misdemeanours but i don't think he has done himself or the club proud with behaviour in bars/nightclubs etc.

If we are talking about setting an example for our youth he should also be sidelined based on this. Furthermore if he is out on the p**s surely he is also letting his team mates down by not getting into peak condition for games when others on the team abstain from alcohol entirely?

Ian Murray showed some disregard for the club when he left as well yet we welcome him back with open arms.

I am not having a pop at Derek or Ian here just stating the facts, i would have Derek in my team every week purely because he is the best we have.

No double standards from me..... I am one of the most vociferous regarding Deeks off the field antics........ But this is about Bamba not Deeks..... Deeks has been working hard, Bamba hasn't

Spike Mandela
03-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Play your best players if fit.

He is our best centre half.

Baldy Foghorn
03-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Play your best players if fit.

He is our best centre half.

He certainly wont be match fit

lyonhibs
03-08-2010, 12:56 PM
No offence taken

Are you for real??

Hogg is slow, easily bullied, as timid as a mouse, a poor organiser and his passing is absolutely abominable.

Apart from the above "issues", he's alright though :rolleyes:

Bamba's behaviour was out of order, right enough, but if he's fit, and has trained well during the week, then he should start IMO.

JimBHibees
03-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Are you for real??

Hogg is slow, easily bullied, as timid as a mouse, a poor organiser and his passing is absolutely abominable.

Bamba's behaviour was out of order, right enough, but if he's fit, and has trained well during the week, then he should start IMO.

Totally agree, I am amazed Hogg is still getting a game for Hibs never mind as captain.

CapitalHibs
03-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Play Bamba in the holding midfield role?:dunno:

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-08-2010, 01:34 PM
No double standards from me..... I am one of the most vociferous regarding Deeks off the field antics........ But this is about Bamba not Deeks..... Deeks has been working hard, Bamba hasn't

No not double standards from you, i meant in general. There has been discussion regarding Bamba being arrogant, not respecting his colleagues by turning up late and consequently being bigger than he club and unfit.

All i made comparison to was Riordan's off field antics which also showed a lack of respect for his team mates and supporters. By indulging in drink of any sort he is harming his fitness and may not be up to match fitness.

Ok, Bamba is probably not match fit but how unfit is he going to be? He has trained as part of a world cup squad, albeit got no game time but he doesn't strike me as a guy who would let himself go!!!

However, i don't know any of the players or their personalities so who am i to judge!!!!

Boris
03-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Double standards.

I

Can't see that its the same thing with Bamba as with Riordan & Murray. So Deek acts like a daft laddie when he's had a few up the toon in his own time when he's relaxing. Still gives 100% in training & when he's playing. As for Ian Murray - what was his "crime"? Took an offer to move to a bigger club & set himself up financially for life. Tell me anyone that wouldn't do the same, whatever their line of work? Again, when training or playing in a Hibs jersey Ian Murray has never let the side down.

Bamba took it upon himself not to come back to training as had apparently been agreed. There was no communication from him or his "representatives". I am led to believe - I do not know for sure, I have no inside knowledge - that it is not the first time he has went walkabout. This time his walkout was in the lead up to an important European qualifier. He let himself down, he let his team-mates down, he let the fans down. A fit Bamba would undoubtedly make a difference to the defence but I wouldn't have him near a Hibs shirt ever again. But thats the fan speaking - in the real world, he'll get back in the side eventually so that we can sell him.

GreenPJ
03-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Yogi has to stand strong on this one and leave Bamba with the under 19's. Yes he may be the best CH we have but you still need the same set of rules and discipline to apply to all players.

The quicker we get shot of Bamba and it frees up a wage to get another CH in then the better.

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Can't see that its the same thing with Bamba as with Riordan & Murray. So Deek acts like a daft laddie when he's had a few up the toon in his own time when he's relaxing. Still gives 100% in training & when he's playing. As for Ian Murray - what was his "crime"? Took an offer to move to a bigger club & set himself up financially for life. Tell me anyone that wouldn't do the same, whatever their line of work? Again, when training or playing in a Hibs jersey Ian Murray has never let the side down.

Bamba took it upon himself not to come back to training as had apparently been agreed. There was no communication from him or his "representatives". I am led to believe - I do not know for sure, I have no inside knowledge - that it is not the first time he has went walkabout. This time his walkout was in the lead up to an important European qualifier. He let himself down, he let his team-mates down, he let the fans down. A fit Bamba would undoubtedly make a difference to the defence but I wouldn't have him near a Hibs shirt ever again. But thats the fan speaking - in the real world, he'll get back in the side eventually so that we can sell him.

My point was as a professional football player in a privileged role he shouldn't be up town acting like a 'daft laddie' in his own time or otherwise. He has to understand that he is representing a football club and his actions on/off the pitch can have an effect. I don't believe in "they can do what they want in their own time" as they are being paid a large amount of money for the job they do.

In other lines of work ie: doctors, teachers etc you have to set an example during working hours AND non-working hours. On top of this argument by going up town and acting like a 'daft laddie' he is letting his team mates down. He may be training hard and playing but he can't give 100% if he has been on the lash and consequently his fitness would be better if he was not drinking.

This is where i compare to Bamba as he has been said to let players and fans down. Yes, i agree he has. But so does every player at hibs when they drink or involve themselves in any such like activities.

YehButNoBut
03-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Yogi certainly considering playing Bamba in this BBC interview today.

He has been training with the first team today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8882646.stm

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Yogi certainly considering playing Bamba in this BBC interview today.

He has been training with the first team today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8882646.stm

I thinks Yogi will play him after hearing that? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

cockneymike
03-08-2010, 08:20 PM
If you watch the interview Yogi's done for Hibs TV, then there can surely be no doubt that Bamba is playing on thursday. He's basically begging the hibs fans not to boo him!

Also I do think that Yogi was looking either very fired up or a bit desperate in his interview with Hibs TV - perhaps both even? :confused:

Some of the stuff he came out with in that interview made him seem just a little bit crazy!

Bostonhibby
03-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Are you for real??

:agree: sadly, a couple of years ago I wouldn't, and I desperately want to see him get back up there, but I feel his presence is now a sign of our lack of progress if we truly have no better options or formations.

Bostonhibby
03-08-2010, 08:37 PM
If you watch the interview Yogi's done for Hibs TV, then there can surely be no doubt that Bamba is playing on thursday. He's basically begging the hibs fans not to boo him!

Also I do think that Yogi was looking either very fired up or a bit desperate in his interview with Hibs TV - perhaps both even? :confused:

Some of the stuff he came out with in that interview made him seem just a little bit crazy!

Have a feeling Yogi might play him after listening to that, in which case it smacks a wee bit of the big gamble / last chance saloon, and whatever the outcome maybe he has let the player be bigger than the club (?) Yogi claims to care so much about, players come and go, and if you are a Hibby you know waht comes first.

I wouldn't play him without there being a very public and conciliatory statement from Bamba first, he might be the best of a dodgy choice of centre backs but bigger than Hibs, nah - He will finish an illustriuos career at Crystal Palace, Gillingham or somewhere like that and the high spot of his career might be looking back on above average achievements for a couple of seasons in the SPL or being third man on the left of the bench behind Sven in the world cup, but Hibs will go marching on.

California-Hibs
03-08-2010, 08:59 PM

I personally loved the interview, the guy is Hibs through and through and says how it is, he got us to 4th in the league last season, he knows we still need to strengthen abit for the new season, but im sure he's gonna get it right and we're going to have ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL season. :agree:

Broken Gnome
03-08-2010, 09:00 PM
He should play. If Maribor camp in, we're prone to the counter attack so you need someone who can cover a lot of ground. Even if he's not fully fit, Bamba's a bit more athletic than Hogg/Hanlon and an ever so slightly more imposing last line of defence. We could also do with someone to break forward from the back and draw Maribor out of position - again, I'd rather have Sol bursting forward to up the tempo than other defenders.

500miles
03-08-2010, 09:41 PM

Disagree with the last two. Never really had a lot of time for Murray at CH, and Hanlon just doesn't take enough responsibility yet.

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Whatever bad feelings any of the players have towards Bamba, i'm pretty sure should he score the goal that takes us through, they will all to a man be right behind him. The bonus money will see to that.

Judas Iscariot
03-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Disagree with the last two. Never really had a lot of time for Murray at CH, and Hanlon just doesn't take enough responsibility yet.

Hanlon at 20 takes more responsibility than what our captain does..

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Hanlon at 20 takes more responsibility than what our captain does..

At this moment in time, i'd prefer Hogg to Hanlon. Paul has been very poor so far this pre season. :boo hoo:

Judas Iscariot
03-08-2010, 10:41 PM
At this moment in time, i'd prefer Hogg to Hanlon. Paul has been very poor so far this pre season. :boo hoo:

I wouldn't, Bamba and Hanlon will be a great pairing for us on Thursday :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2010, 10:48 PM
I wouldn't, Bamba and Hanlon will be a great pairing for us on Thursday :thumbsup:

I like the look of Stephens, in fact i'd play him alonside Bamba. Great pace and strong in the air and both can tackle. It would also give us some much needed height at set pieces at both ends.

Dunbar Hibee
03-08-2010, 10:51 PM
I like the look of Stephens, in fact i'd play him alonside Bamba. Great pace and strong in the air and both can tackle. It would also give us some much needed height at set pieces at both ends.

Yep thats the 2 id go for:agree:

cad
04-08-2010, 01:23 AM

Thats the two I would play .
The bottom line for me is ,play our strongest team Hibs into the next round ,and the chance of more European nights and the extra revenue that it brings to the club .
Its Yogis job is to get Hibernian Football Club as far in competitions as he can , and to fill the stadium as often as he can , its what we all want .
The Bamba thing is opinions ,taking the club for a ride , disrespect to fellow players ,its not a great example to young players ,whatever your take is on it
Bamba his attitude /situation will sort itself out whatever Yogi or Petrie decide to do ,he wont be the last player to be picked ahead of someone else who's done all thats been asked of him , purely because hes a better more experienced player, as for match fitness pre season its all Yogis call .

hfc1875x
04-08-2010, 05:25 AM
If Bambi's fit, I would like to see him start...in midfield.

cwilliamson85
04-08-2010, 07:38 AM
Play him. Yes he was late back and was a bit of an idiot the way he was in the press but so was the club.
There was no need for both parties to go public. A simple statement saying he would miss the next 2 games and a fine would have sufficed.

We need the strongest 11 players on the park from the start if we have any chance of turning this around.

MountcastleHibs
04-08-2010, 10:33 PM

Do you not remember McDiarmid Park last year where those two players were completely ripped to shreds?

Our best pairing, whether people like it or not, is Hogg and Bamba. Therefore for me, that's who I would hope start at the back tomorrow night.