PDA

View Full Version : No Excuses.

Expecting Rain
02-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Yogi has had a settling in period and has a better squad than the majority of managers in the SPL and has it seems very good backing and support from Rod Petrie, whilst i don`t expect Hibs to overcome the Old Firm, i think we should be challenging Dundee United,Hearts and possibly Motherwell for third place, what i don`t want to see is us being turned over by the likes of St Johnstone,Hamilton Accies and Ross County and also for the manager to come out with comments like you might as well lose 0-3 rather than 0-1 and we had no fight or we were one paced.

ahibby
02-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Yogi has had a settling in period and has a better squad than the majority of managers in the SPL and has it seems very good backing and support from Rod Petrie, whilst i don`t expect Hibs to overcome the Old Firm, i think we should be challenging Dundee United,Hearts and possibly Motherwell for third place, what i don`t want to see is us being turned over by the likes of St Johnstone,Hamilton Accies and Ross County and also for the manager to come out with comments like you might as well lose 0-3 rather than 0-1 and we had no fight or we were one paced.

I agree with your sentiment but the one thing that always niggles away at me when we talk about the Ross Counties and St Johnstone's etc is that they should put a similar fight up against us as we do the old firm. We occassionally get a result against the OF and smaller clubs will occassionally get results against us. It has always been that way in my life time. What I find really difficult to deal with is the summer football in European competition which amounts to sod all. We sing about beating Barcelona and talk about the time when we beat Porto etc, but that is all well in the past now. We need new European successes although as things stand with the timing of the preliminary qualifying rounds and the rebuilding that goes on in July, that seems a forlorn hope. The domestics are our bread and butter and so here's hoping that at least at home we put the smaller clubs in their place as we usually do.

Expecting Rain
02-08-2010, 09:49 AM
I agree with your sentiment but the one thing that always niggles away at me when we talk about the Ross Counties and St Johnstone's etc is that they should put a similar fight up against us as we do the old firm. We occassionally get a result against the OF and smaller clubs will occassionally get results against us. It has always been that way in my life time. What I find really difficult to deal with is the summer football in European competition which amounts to sod all. We sing about beating Barcelona and talk about the time when we beat Porto etc, but that is all well in the past now. We need new European successes although as things stand with the timing of the preliminary qualifying rounds and the rebuilding that goes on in July, that seems a forlorn hope. The domestics are our bread and butter and so here's hoping that at least at home we put the smaller clubs in their place as we usually do.

I can handle a defeat from the afore-mentioned teams it is the manner and magnitude and also the embarrasment of the way our heads just go down and we lose all sense of discipline.

ahibby
02-08-2010, 10:01 AM
I can handle a defeat from the afore-mentioned teams it is the manner and magnitude and also the embarrasment of the way our heads just go down and we lose all sense of discipline.

That would concern me too. Last season St Johnstone cuffed Rangers in Perth as well as us and IIRC they beat Celtic too, so they were able to occassionally hit above their weight but couldn't keep it up. I wasn't at the Hamilton defeat but I was at the Hamilton 1-0 win under Mixu, and I think we have a better side now than that one, so if we were to crumble again, I'm sure there would be hell to pay.

yekimevol
02-08-2010, 10:40 AM
I was told by everyone i know give yogi another chance after the last six months. I was still optimsitic about europe UNTILL the Carlisle game, this is a team we should be beating. so ive lost faith in BOTH the management and squad,

YOGI - once again a good talker, But does not follow though on what he say's, things like underachievers will be dropped, and looking into changing the system. last season the player he would drop was hogg and im sorry a manager who has won three games would swap and change everything but yogi never done this.

The squad lets see we have two good strikers, im convinced that only worthspoon are zemmama are our good midfileders and at the back we have bamba with brown in goals.

the youngsters are the ones who should be given the chance, byrne, galbriath, hanlon, stephens, welsh instead of the below average players like hogg, mcbride and nish who find them self in the first eleven even with poor perfomances. Then theres the turn up once a month players e.g. miller and rankin.

needless to say ive lost hope for this season and europe

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-08-2010, 11:06 AM
No excuses sums this up though does it not? Great new stadium, superb training facilities that only the bigots can match. Decent players. More than decent youngsters. The manager in charge has been given the tools and resources to do the job. So no excuses. But in terms of the job, for this season, we have not really seen anything in anger. If we get to the festive period and we are still playing the inconsistent dross of the second part of last season then hard questions will need to be asked. I think that he will get us on the right road however. If Motherwell get passed that Norwegian side, it will make our opening gane against them a real tough one. They will be more confident and perhaps a bit fitter.