PDA

View Full Version : SPL Sack Race

DaveF
01-08-2010, 10:19 PM
So with 2 weeks to go to the start of the season, let's have a vote on who you think will be 1st out the door?

Will someone remember to bump this when the bullet strikes for the unlucky manager :greengrin

500miles
01-08-2010, 10:25 PM
McGhee. With a wee bit luck though, he'll not be jobless for long. Neil Lennon will need replacing.

BroxburnHibee
01-08-2010, 10:25 PM
When was the last time a manager got sacked pre-season?

Sadly I think we'll be looking for a new boss soon.

Hope I'm wrong.

Dunbar Hibee
01-08-2010, 10:32 PM

Hope I'm wrong.

Yep, same!

hibeeleicester
01-08-2010, 10:34 PM
The board are fully behind yogi, he wont be sacked.

Sorry lads.

3pm
01-08-2010, 10:37 PM
I am not sure there are a load of casualties in that list. I'll go Danny Lennon. Still think Hughes might be in the mix.

Toaods
01-08-2010, 10:38 PM
The board are fully behind yogi, he wont be sacked.

Sorry lads.

The Board are behind every manager until such times as he gets the sack. Sorry HL...:wink:

nb..I've voted Yogi but I think a couple will leave under other circumstances before then, ie Reid will get a job down south as may McInnes, Uncle Walter may just step aside for Super-********.

steviecarnie
01-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Dont think lennon will get sacked, he seems to have atleast put a bit of fight into the tims again.

IWasThere2016
01-08-2010, 10:43 PM
What do the bookies say? They're never far away ..

zlatan
01-08-2010, 10:51 PM
What do the bookies say? They're never far away ..

Just had a browse earlier and Mcghee is fav at 7/2 followed by Danny Lennon at 9/2

Yogi is 12/1 :cool2:

Toaods
01-08-2010, 11:29 PM

that's a good value bet under the current circumstances, if we lose Thursday night's match you won't get that at 9AM on Friday.

silverhibee
01-08-2010, 11:50 PM
that's a good value bet under the current circumstances, if we lose Thursday night's match you won't get that at 9AM on Friday.

Get your money on before Thursday then. :greengrin

greenlad
02-08-2010, 03:13 AM

Hope I'm wrong.

This isn't Hibs pre-season through. Our season started Thursday night.

And we were way off the pace..........:bitchy:

Leith Green
02-08-2010, 06:23 AM
Yogi by "mutual consent"

bighairyfaeleith
02-08-2010, 07:09 AM
if yogi leaves by mutual consent do the bookies pay out?

Hibs never normally sack a manager, petrie just makes life difficult for them.

I voted for FJK, i reckon the strain is starting to show on his relationship with mad vlad and he will be away by november!!

smurf
02-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Huge 90 minutes on Thursday for Hughes i would suggest. The result is important but of more importance will be the style and spirit of the performance from the team. If its as it has been all year I think the three stands will make their feelings quite clear to the board.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-08-2010, 07:54 AM
I voted for McGhoo. The way that he is padding his first team out with chaff is almost Collins-esque. He may have a remit of staying a baw-hair ahead of Killie and St Mirren, but for an unhappy support, that less than six months ago, were grollying on him from the stands, that won't be good enough. I can see him away before the first round of games are up.

lucky
02-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Celtic wont sack Lennon
Rangers love uncle Walter
Killie to skint to get rid of Mixu
St.Mirren will give Danny Lennon time
Caley will keep Butcher regardless of results
ST. J and Hamilton will not sack their mangers but could lose them to bigger clubs
Dundee united board will not sack their Scottish cup winning manager
Pa broon is safe as uncle Walter

FJK could get sacked at any time due to MadVlad
McGee deserves to be sacked cos he is a tit. the sheep still think they are a big club.
Hughes is under real pressure due to Hibs awful run of form.

So I would bet
1. Hughes
2. McGee
3. FJK

Oscar Lomax
02-08-2010, 08:23 AM
It's the same old story....If Yogi does get the bullet, who do we replace him with ??? Hibs always seem to take the cheap option rather than pushing the boat out and getting either McInnes or Reid, who I feel have more of a clue than Hughes.

scoopyboy
02-08-2010, 08:54 AM
IMO Hughes will be lucky to see the end of the month.

yekimevol
02-08-2010, 10:16 AM
mark mcgee followed by our gaffer, or the fat jambo

Ritchie
02-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Just had a browse earlier and Mcghee is fav at 7/2 followed by Danny Lennon at 9/2

having heard some of the worrying stories about whats going on at ER at the moment, ill be going to stick a few quid on that.

where were these odds given Zlatan??

MacBean
02-08-2010, 10:31 AM
having heard some of the worrying stories about whats going on at ER at the moment, ill be going to stick a few quid on that.

Worry Stories Scott? care to share?! :confused:

Keith_M
02-08-2010, 10:31 AM
I voted for FJK, purely because of who does the hiring and firing at Tynecastle. Other than that, McGhee's coat is on a shoogly peg.

FWIW, I think Yogi's job is secure for now. Hibs won't be firing him any time soon and I can't see him ever resigning. It's a shame really, because I consider him to be the weak link in the Club just now. Great Stadium & Training Centre, reasonable squad (though some need replaced with better quality), poor manager.

Phil MaGlass
02-08-2010, 10:34 AM
I put Yogi,hopefully he can pull something out the fire in the coming weeks to prove us all wrong hes a Hibs man his hearts in the right place,just needs to get this Dutch nonsense ootae his heid and get us playing like we did at the beginning of last season, we have the players if you exclude Hogg(at the moment) COME ON YOGI PROVE US WRONG.
I think fat jim will have a good season, and McGoo will get time at the dons cos they have nae cash. I also dont think we have the money to pay Yogi off if we do sack him.

zlatan
02-08-2010, 10:57 AM

mcbookie.co.uk

Stuck a tenner on it myself last night.

Ritchie
02-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Worry Stories Scott? care to share?! :confused:

PM board... Jonnyboys thread.....

silverhibee
02-08-2010, 11:10 AM
IMO Hughes will be lucky to see the end of the month.

Its not nice too see a manager lose his job, but i think you could be right on the button with this one scoopyboy.
A poor crowd, and a heavy defeat on Thursday night and Mr Petrie may have a decision to make regarding the manager.

MacBean
02-08-2010, 11:30 AM
PM board... Jonnyboys thread.....

I shall have a wee gander the noo

allezsauzee
02-08-2010, 11:55 AM
If the Dons dont get some points on the board early doors they'll press the panic button. Unless something goes seriously wrong it would be ridiculous not to give Yogi the rest of this season. 2 years is hardly a long time to give a manager, especially given the footballing philosophy of the prior manager.