PDA

View Full Version : I just don't know...

MrSmith
31-07-2010, 03:10 PM
how to reply to all the threads relating to the Maribor game... Yogi must go, correct backing, get real etc!

I just don't know how to go about responding to these threads?? I will start by saying I'm bitterly disappointed at the result and after watching the goals, it is quite evident the the team are soft and lack any real fighting quality or spirit.

I do not know what it is about Hibs we never seem to be robust nor resolute and it really is worrying going into this new season: we leak goals, we score goals, our midfield and defence are awful and none of this has been addressed at any level - surely you would think that the hierarchy in Easter Road would recognise these short comings???

As for Yogi, well I wanted him in and supported him through the post Christmas disaster but now?? I'm not sure...I certainly do not want Hibs to have a new manager in place every year, however Yogi does not seem to learn from his mistakes and these players, their attitude, on the park stinks!! The leader leads - who????

So how can you respond to all the differing emotions when really, for me the road ahead looks bleak but I have no idea how hibs are going to put it right??

sahib
31-07-2010, 03:36 PM
how to reply to all the threads relating to the Maribor game... Yogi must go, correct backing, get real etc!

I just don't know how to go about responding to these threads?? I will start by saying I'm bitterly disappointed at the result and after watching the goals, it is quite evident the the team are soft and lack any real fighting quality or spirit.

I do not know what it is about Hibs we never seem to be robust nor resolute and it really is worrying going into this new season: we leak goals, we score goals, our midfield and defence are awful and none of this has been addressed at any level - surely you would think that the hierarchy in Easter Road would recognise these short comings???

As for Yogi, well I wanted him in and supported him through the post Christmas disaster but now?? I'm not sure...I certainly do not want Hibs to have a new manager in place every year, however Yogi does not seem to learn from his mistakes and these players, their attitude, on the park stinks!! The leader leads - who????

So how can you respond to all the differing emotions when really, for me the road ahead looks bleak but I have no idea how hibs are going to put it right??

As long as we can score goals our other failings become less critical. Hibs sides that struggled to score have always been the ones that struggled to survive. I have never seen a Hibs team that can defend a one goal lead easily. Possibly because when we have a side capable of doing so they are usually capable of getting another. Passing the ball should always be for the purpose of scoring. Keeping possession should be a means to creating an attacking position. If Spoony had lost the ball while running from the halfway line towards Maribor's box I doubt the consequences would have been so dire.

persevere1875
31-07-2010, 08:05 PM
"As for Yogi, well I wanted him in and supported him through the post Christmas disaster but now?? I'm not sure...I certainly do not want Hibs to have a new manager in place every year, however Yogi does not seem to learn from his mistakes and these players, their attitude, on the park stinks!! The leader leads - who????"

I assume this is a generalisation as I didnt see any lack of desire from hibs players on Thursday night, lack of direction Yes. Lack of a Leader Most definately but I didnt see a who cares attitude.

w.connectionfc
31-07-2010, 08:21 PM
the only way hibs will improve is to appoint a decent manager. these cheap options are killing the club. i'd much rather we spent money on a man who knows what he's doing than appoint a cheap option that will waste money.
people are starting to vote with their feet. we haven't had a manager in place with any know how since mcleish.

a good manager can take a substandard team and turn them into a better team. an orginised team
a substandard manager ie hughes can have an open cheque book and still not put a team worth watching on the park.

hibs as a club lact real ambition and don't realise the potential support the could have coming through the turnstiles.
as it is now you cannot blame people for not attending because the product is as bad as i've seen in 38 years of watching hibs.

part of the problem is the current chairman isn't a football man. he thinks everyone will be happy if we challenge for a europa place every season. with virtually all the competition in the spl in a dire financial state hibs should be streets ahead yet we're getting pumped 4-0 from the likes of hamilton accies under the current mismanagement.
time to think bigger or forever be mediocre