PDA

View Full Version : BBC Gossip

H18sry
31-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Hibs striker Anthony Stokes believes an all-out attack approach can overcome a 3-0 deficit against Maribor in the Europa League. (Daily Express)
Meanwhile, Maribor ace Ales Mejac says he and his team-mates were stunned to Stokes and fellow forward Derek Riordan among the substitutes in Slovenia. (Various)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8873738.stm

hibs0666
31-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Hibs striker Anthony Stokes believes an all-out attack approach can overcome a 3-0 deficit against Maribor in the Europa League. (Daily Express)
Meanwhile, Maribor ace Ales Mejac says he and his team-mates were stunned to Stokes and fellow forward Derek Riordan among the substitutes in Slovenia. (Various)

Good to see that our tactical genius stunned them as well.

Winston Ingram
31-07-2010, 10:24 AM

me too

hibsfan7
31-07-2010, 08:04 PM
SO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE CRAP

THEY MUST EITHER BE BLIND OR STUPID

OUR TACTICAL GENIUS OF A MANAGER SET HIBSN OUT TO PLAY CRAP

IN THE HOME LEG THEY WILL SEE THE TRUE HIBS
WE WILL BE 5 UP BEFORE HALFTIME AND THEN BRING ON RIORDAN AND STOKES JUST IN TIME FOR THEM TO SCORE A HATRICK EACH

WE WILL HAVE THE REST OF EUROPE QUAKING IN THEIR BOOTS

GGTTH

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notwo rthy:

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2010, 08:07 PM
SO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE CRAP

THEY MUST EITHER BE BLIND OR STUPID

OUR TACTICAL GENIUS OF A MANAGER SET HIBSN OUT TO PLAY CRAP

IN THE HOME LEG THEY WILL SEE THE TRUE HIBS
WE WILL BE 5 UP BEFORE HALFTIME AND THEN BRING ON RIORDAN AND STOKES JUST IN TIME FOR THEM TO SCORE A HATRICK EACH

WE WILL HAVE THE REST OF EUROPE QUAKING IN THEIR BOOTS

GGTTH

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notwo rthy:

What a stupid post, our Manager has explained what he wanted and tried to do, unfortunately if never paid off....

Pretty Boy
31-07-2010, 08:09 PM
What a stupid post, our Manager has explained what he wanted and tried to do, unfortunately if never paid off....

:agree:

4-5-1 wasn't the problem, the players selected in certain positions were.

MrSmith
31-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Yogi was just giving Maribor a sporting chance before the second leg.

Nish, Rankin and Hogg will all score.....

3pm
31-07-2010, 08:40 PM
I am still stunned. P45 before Christmas.

(((Fergus)))
31-07-2010, 09:32 PM
See, Yogi was right: he managed to stun the opposition.

He's a ****ing genius.

w.connectionfc
31-07-2010, 09:35 PM
See, Yogi was right: he managed to stun the opposition.

He's a ****ing genius.

but he wasn't supposed to stun us :bitchy:

SaulGoodman
31-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Stokes has got the right idea.

Can he not be player manager? :thumbsup:

Holmesdale Hibs
31-07-2010, 10:26 PM
"Meanwhile, Maribor ace Ales Mejac says he and his team-mates were stunned to Stokes and fellow forward Derek Riordan among the substitutes in Slovenia."

I was stunned as well. Not playing our 2 top scores and probably best 2 players was a shocking decision. I don't understand why we gave them so much respect. We never play 4-5-1 without Riordan/Stokes away at the old firm. We should always play to our strengths and at the moment thats not defending.

I don't normally come on here moaning about Yogi every time I disagree with his decisions but this one was rediculous and deserves a mention.

Hibby 2005
31-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Attack is the best form of defence and given our attack v our defence it certainly makes sense, over to you Yogi.

HibeeMcGinn1
01-08-2010, 02:02 AM
All these ***** that dont back yogi havent got a ****ing scooby doo. First time in a proper european competition in 5 years and people want his head. Honestly get a grip of your sad life. In yogi we trust.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2010, 06:50 AM
All these ***** that dont back yogi havent got a ****ing scooby doo. First time in a proper european competition in 5 years and people want his head. Honestly get a grip of your sad life. In yogi we trust.

In your opinion, but the football was hardly great after the New Year was it........

FWIW I have a bit more time in the Manager after having a chat with him...... I understand some of his decisions a bit better now....

3pm
01-08-2010, 07:41 AM
He's going to have to do a lot of talking to a lot of people at this rate Steven so we all understand a bit better!

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2010, 08:01 AM
He's going to have to do a lot of talking to a lot of people at this rate Steven so we all understand a bit better!

Yogi has explained he wants to play a Dutch style passing game.

He says he needs time to develop this....

He explained his reasoning for deploying a 4-5-1 on Thursday, IMO he is talking, just some people dont notice?

3pm
01-08-2010, 08:05 AM
I understand but think he got it wrong. I personally don't think he is cut out for the Hibs job but as you have rightly said elsewhere, let's back them when it matters - on the pitch. Starting on Thursday.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2010, 08:22 AM
I understand but think he got it wrong. I personally don't think he is cut out for the Hibs job but as you have rightly said elsewhere, let's back them when it matters - on the pitch. Starting on Thursday.

I have had doubts from the start of his tenure, but Thursday is a huge one for us all....

Yogi I feel can't win, he explains his reasons for playing 4-5-1, and leaving out Stokes and Riordan, but the messageboard has openly slated him for doing so..... Let us remember none of us on the board have coaching badges, but we all think we could manage Hibs:wink:

greenlex
01-08-2010, 08:42 AM
4-5-1 was the way to go. We needed grafters in the 5 Riordan doesn't do that. The only real decision was starting with Nish or Stokes. We will never know if that was thr correct decision or not as we had a few poor performances elsewhere.