PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian 5 Maribor 1

Hibbyradge
31-07-2010, 09:08 AM
You read it here first. :agree:

We were beaten by the better team on Thursday and that's the truth.

I don't subscribe to the "wrong tactics" theory or some fantasy that a different manager would have done better. We were in a strange environment in the backyard of a team who had already played 4 competitive games without loss, with our players having little or no European experience.

Our guys will be hurting and they'll want to make amends next week.

If our fans can emulate the Maribor fans, even partially, we could be in for an entertaining 90, or 120, minutes.

Mon the Hibs.

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2010, 09:21 AM

I don't subscribe to the "wrong tactics" theory or some fantasy that a different manager would have done better. We were in a strange environment in the backyard of a team who had already played 4 competitive games without loss, with our players having little or no European experience.

If our fans can emulate the Maribor fans, even partially, we could be in for an entertaining 90, or 120, minutes.

Mon the Hibs.

Thats the spirit Dave, we need our fans, to be patient and noisy, let us help the team, and nobody should be getting on the players backs....

Hermit Crab
31-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Thats the spirit Dave, we need our fans, to be patient and noisy, let us help the team, and nobody should be getting on the players backs....

We need to get them through the gates first!

Toaods
31-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Our guys will be hurting

decent post Dave but the quote above is the one I need a bit more convincing on.

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2010, 09:31 AM
We need to get them through the gates first!

If the fans dont turn up then they are not much of a supporter are they?

phoenixfire
31-07-2010, 09:32 AM
OH DAVE
you really are

A RADGE:greengrin

marinello59
31-07-2010, 09:34 AM

Mon the Hibs.

:thumbsup:
GGTTH.

Vini1875
31-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Would love to believe it is possible but I'll be there more in hope than expectation

Jack
31-07-2010, 09:41 AM
I saw it posted somewhere, by some chap who had been in the ticket office, that parts of the ground were sold out and other parts filling up quick.

I’ve got mine! :thumbsup:

It’s a damn shame the EAST isn’t ready :boo hoo:

woodythehibee
31-07-2010, 09:44 AM
i can't wait for Thursday!!

I'm hoping for a great atmosphere and hope that the lack of the East won't affect it at all.

Evening games at Easter Road under the floodlights tend to be a bit special.

There is a bonnie fitba' team...

Hibbyradge
31-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Would love to believe it is possible but I'll be there more in hope than expectation

Isn't that always the way?

hibee_nation
31-07-2010, 10:29 AM
2 days holiday booked - check
accommodation booked - check
ticket for south stand lower booked - check
Hibs to go through - probably not but what the hell

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2010, 10:42 AM
All we need is an early goal.

franks
31-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Last time I felt as sceptical about a game was when I attended the second leg against Napoli.

I'll be at the game but don't hold out much hope just like I felt when I went along to the Napoli game.

Lmc2105
31-07-2010, 10:53 AM

Gutted that i will be in spain :boo hoo:

but i agree with you BH i think if we can get an early goal against them it could open up to be an attacking game for us.

I think if we spook them in the first 10 mins we can do it!!

hate to say it but the wee team last year scored early and dominated there match and to be honest had they had a decent enough striker they would have went through!

it can be done it will be done

Hibs will be in the next round!!

I will be cheering from Spain :thumbsup:

Hibby D
31-07-2010, 10:59 AM

:greengrin

You're coming then? :wink:

I'm with Radge on this :top marks

But then again I've only had a few hours sleep :partyhibb

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2010, 11:08 AM
:greengrin

You're coming then? :wink:

I'm with Radge on this :top marks

But then again I've only had a few hours sleep :partyhibb

Of course we will be there,:thumbsup: a good nights sleep and i'm raring to go. Riordan 2 mins, again on 24. De Graff on the hour mark, the crowd are going wild, then 10 minutes to go, Stokes score 2 in a minute.Tavares gets a late consolation for Maribor, and its party time at easter road, Yogi is given the freedom of the city. :notworthy:

persevere1875
31-07-2010, 11:09 AM
I for one am with Hibbyradge, I dont subscribe to all the nonsense we've seen on the Forum since Thursday night, I dont like the yogi must go bo**ocks, I cant believe the amount of posts calling for Bamba to be back in the team, and I dont particularly subscribe to the wrong formation/tactics nonsense, hence why Ive left it till now to post.

Having watched the match, what I saw was a Hibs team who although they undeniably had the lions share of possesion, lacked a cutting edge, I think Nish was the wrong choice up front as lone striker simply because I dont think he gave us enough when it came to holding the ball up, but I still would have (had I been in that position) gone with the same formation. The sad fact is we came up against a team who were fitter, faster and had the killer instinct we didnt have. But in all honesty, did we really expect to go over there against a team who have real competitive football under there belts and expect to come away with a win ??

Personally I believe we'll give them a real battle n the second leg, whether or not we've got enough to overturn the deficit, I dont know, at 2-0 we might have but 3 goals might be asking a little too much.

The question I have to ask is, given recent past experiance in all SPL team's forays into the early rounds of europe, have we as a league got it wrong ? we continually see teams in the early stages of pre season getting tucked away by european teams who have games under there belt, If we introduced a winter break but started the season earlier, would we still be in the same position ?

Hiber-nation
31-07-2010, 11:17 AM
I just can't see how we are going to get anywhere near pulling three goals back. I haven't seen anything in this team that could convince me otherwise. Sure I'll be there and will cheer the lads on but it would take something extraordinary for us to pull this off.

The AEK game was totally different - McLeish's main tactic was to overload on the right flank with DLC and Orman bombing down the wing and continually firing the ball into the box. That rattled them. Yogi's team can't play like that - we've no pace in the team.

Anyway, starting to look forward to it despite all that!

hibees707070
31-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Too many people like yogi on here wait till it is too late to make changes something needs to be
done now or it's beetween us and the sheep for division 1 next year!

Tricla
31-07-2010, 11:22 AM

Mon the Hibs.

:flag:

Captain Trips
31-07-2010, 11:33 AM
IMO opinion Yogi did get it wrong, however that doesnt mean he should be sacked. Every manager makes errors as do players.

IMO a 5 man midfield is a good idea if the players you have are good enough to carry out those roles, without going into a big debate on individual opinions on players I think some midfielders who played are not that great. We should be playing to our strengths and our strengths are not in keeping possesion and are not defending but in going forward.

We can only speculate on if he had played Stokes or Riordan or both but I believe there was a goal in them, a freekick or something, however easy to say if we played them both could have been 5-0 its all about opinion mine is Yogi tried to play tactics with players not fully able to comply.

I said it before an away goal even in a heavy defeat is vital, we are now in a position of needing to go forward and keeping it tight. We certainly have players capable of 3 goals.

GreenCastle
31-07-2010, 11:38 AM
pulling 3 goals back will be hard enough without conceding but to get 4....

Although I would love it to happen - I just can't see it.

I predict 2v1 or 3v1 Hibs and that's if Yogi picks the right team.

Toaods
31-07-2010, 11:39 AM
I always have a wee laugh when blinkered undenying loyalty dismisses criticism and historical likelyhood as nonsense. Not at any point in Yogi or Mixu's time could any logical sense expect us to progress. of course all Hibs fans want us through and it is possible but keep it real.

aberhibsfc
31-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Too many people like yogi on here wait till it is too late to make changes something needs to be

There's an air of disappointment, but that's crazy talk :panic:

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2010, 12:04 PM

Thats pish,:bitchy: i would have played exactly the same formation on thursday, personally i would have had different players in that formation. Although i still think my team would have been pumped.

SaulGoodman
31-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Talk about pessimistic :bitchy:

We've lost one competitive game 3-0 and suddenly we're relegation material :confused:

We can't keep changing the managers everytime something goes wrong. Look at Man Utd for example (Not that we're Man Utd :greengrin ) Alex Ferguson was one loss away from getting the sack, but he won that game and look at him now.

hibees707070
31-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Thursday night was the last straw for me with yogi! We were
shocking end of last season and by th looks of things we have went downhill. Remember going to Hamilton last season and getting beat 2-0 going to be a lot more of they results this season unless something is done. Formation was spot on but the players that played were completely wrong. Could take getting beat 3-0 if we at least looked like trying to sneak a goal but we didn't tried to come away with a 0-0!

sesoim
31-07-2010, 12:30 PM

Mon the Hibs.

Just my opinion, but I totally disagree. Hughes isn't good enough and this is going to be a long hard season unless we replace him soon. People have their heads in the sand if they think our form since January is just a blip. I've always felt he isn't clever enough to do the job, but after hearing some of his interviews about not being willing to change his principles I seriously question his sanity (ie he said no team can make "one pass too many earlier" in the week, and then after the Maribor game he said that we don't pass with enough purpose - slight contradiction?).

hibees707070
31-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Sesoim - glad to finally hear someone talk sense

silverhibee
31-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Thats pish,:bitchy: i would have played exactly the same formation on thursday, personally i would have had different players in that formation. Although i still think my team would have been pumped.

4-5-1 was the only formation you could play on Thursday night,but as you say with different players in that formation, and yes wee may have got beaten, but with the different players wee may have got that all important away goal Hibs needed.
The team the manager put out was never going to get a goal that night, and it was ever only going to see Hibs defend and invite pressure on to us from the first few minutes, there was no out let for the team.

col02
31-07-2010, 12:46 PM
To come back from 3-0 down is just about possible. To ask the Hibs fans to a man, woman or child to actually get fully behind the team from the first to the final whistle is just unrealistic sadly. I am certain there are some elements of our support who would take greater pleasure from us getting beat so they can continue to bang their same old drum rather than seeing us come through the tie with a positive result!

Hibby D
31-07-2010, 01:04 PM
To come back from 3-0 down is just about possible. To ask the Hibs fans to a man, woman or child to actually get fully behind the team from the first to the final whistle is just unrealistic sadly. I am certain there are some elements of our support who would take greater pleasure from us getting beat so they can continue to bang their same old drum rather than seeing us come through the tie with a positive result!

Sadly I think you're right on both points :agree:

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2010, 01:50 PM
4-5-1 was the only formation you could play on Thursday night,but as you say with different players in that formation, and yes wee may have got beaten, but with the different players wee may have got that all important away goal Hibs needed.
The team the manager put out was never going to get a goal that night, and it was ever only going to see Hibs defend and invite pressure on to us from the first few minutes, there was no out let for the team.

We heard the team from a journo around 11am, and after much discussion most of us were resonably happy, and could see why he set the team out that way. We all to a man thought the plan was to frustrate them, hopefully keep it at 0-0 then let stokes and riordan come on, and hopefully knick a goal. That obviously never happened, but for me the most annoying thing was not the team selection, but the way we gave the goals away. Every goal was poorly defended, and we were punished every time.

We were very week at the back, i spoke about Ian Murray a few weeks ago, imho he's shot. He's not got the legs as a full back, his distribution is woefull at times, personally imho he needs replaced. Hogg is another not up to the job, i cant believe he's captain, let alone still playing. And Hanlons performance was brutal, he was given a torrid time, his inexperience was there for all to see. He will hopefully learn from thursday. Imho it does not matter how we set the team up from Midfield to attack, while we have so many weak links in defence, we will always struggle to outscore the opposition.

Wilson
31-07-2010, 01:54 PM
If the fans dont turn up then they are not much of a supporter are they?

Maybe they aren't. Get over it - they're the supporters we've got.

This tie is effectively over. We are simply not going to turn around this deficit against Maribor - they are too good for that and we're not good enough. A face saving 2nd leg victory is the best we can hope for and even that might be too much to ask of this team.

I can't blame anybody for not throwing their money away on this tie. Daring to dream is daft enough as a hibby but it is downright ludicrous to dream that Yogi's hibs can salvage this. We blew it big time in Maribor and have given the fairweather supporter little encouragement to part with their cash for the return.

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I love this. If Riordan and Stokes had played, and we lost 3-0, all we would hear was the manager got his tactics wrong. Imagine playing Riordan wide left, we know he wont track back, and he's left Murray with no cover all night.:faf:

RoYO!

Exactly right. It would be really interesting to see a graph of posts throughout the year and see the spikes throughout the year from posters who love to stick the boot in when we're down.

And on the flip side see how few posts are made when we are doing well.

Hibs On Tour

Might not be the case but that's the kind of pish a yam would come away with. One defeat to a team with 4 internationalists in a team that went to the WC, had played 4 competitive games and was at home and we're now getting relegated? Gies a break ya radge! :wink:

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Exactly right. It would be really interesting to see a graph of posts throughout the year and see the spikes throughout the year from posters who love to stick the boot in when we're down.

And on the flip side see how few posts are made when we are doing well.

:agree: The irony is there for all to see. The managers getting slaughtered for an away defeat in the europa cup, i personally cant wait for him to be slaughtered again in next season's europa cup.

hibees707070
31-07-2010, 02:11 PM
It's not just the result on thursday mate. It's been like this since mid season last season, he just isn't cut out for the
hibs job in my opinion.

Captain Trips
31-07-2010, 03:22 PM

I have to disagree, but this is an argument I cannot win at all and nor can anyone whom thinks the manager got it wrong. I can say play Stokes and Riordan and we might have won 3-0 we might have lost 5-0 as its pure speculation its difficult.

IMO a goal away is so vital if you feel you may lose, IMO Hughes knew this was a tough match and set up to limit damage rather than cause, for me not having more of a go meant more likely we wouldnt score, if we had 2 up we would have probably had more chance of a goal.

Leaving with nil makes it very very difficult to get the balance of what should be done at ER, if we had lost 4-1 we could at least know we had to push but 1 mistake wont end it. Does anyone on here trust our defence and midfield to have to think more of attack and not be breached once?

1 Mistake for me on Thursday and we are out, for me I would rather have to score 4 and still know that an error can be made, at 3 we are severe danger.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Might not be the case but that's the kind of pish a yam would come away with. One defeat to a team with 4 internationalists in a team that went to the WC, had played 4 competitive games and was at home and we're now getting relegated? Gies a break ya radge! :wink:

:agree:

silverhibee
31-07-2010, 04:11 PM
We heard the team from a journo around 11am, and after much discussion most of us were resonably happy, and could see why he set the team out that way. We all to a man thought the plan was to frustrate them, hopefully keep it at 0-0 then let stokes and riordan come on, and hopefully knick a goal. That obviously never happened, but for me the most annoying thing was not the team selection, but the way we gave the goals away. Every goal was poorly defended, and we were punished every time.

We were very week at the back, i spoke about Ian Murray a few weeks ago, imho he's shot. He's not got the legs as a full back, his distribution is woefull at times, personally imho he needs replaced. Hogg is another not up to the job, i cant believe he's captain, let alone still playing. And Hanlons performance was brutal, he was given a torrid time, his inexperience was there for all to see. He will hopefully learn from thursday. Imho it does not matter how we set the team up from Midfield to attack, while we have so many weak links in defence, we will always struggle to outscore the opposition.

Every man and there dog knew what the team line up was going to be from early on on Thursday morning, giving the Maribor manager plenty of time to maybe change his system when he heard the team that Hibs were going to put out, it certainly made his job a bit easier imo.
Just found it strange that the press seemed to know our team well before kick off, and i am not talking a couple of hours, lunch time most of the press new the team, how did they find out, surely the manager would have wanted to keep Maribor guessing with our team selection till the last minute.

silverhibee
31-07-2010, 04:27 PM
I love this. If Riordan and Stokes had played, and we lost 3-0, all we would hear was the manager got his tactics wrong. Imagine playing Riordan wide left, we know he wont track back, and he's left Murray with no cover all night.:faf:

Dont know what is supposed to be so funny, but Riordan played all last season on the wide left and done his fair share of tracking back while bagging 17 goals and about 10 assists when going forward, what were all our other top notch midfieders doing, even in our pre season Riordan seemed to be the only player who was capable of getting a goal for Hibs.
Yogi done nothing but heap praise on Riordan all week for what he was going to do in the game or during it, he really fooled everyone by not playing him. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Dont know what is supposed to be so funny, but Riordan played all last season on the wide left and done his fair share of tracking back while bagging 17 goals and about 10 assists when going forward, what were all our other top notch midfieders doing, even in our pre season Riordan seemed to be the only player who was capable of getting a goal for Hibs.
Yogi done nothing but heap praise on Riordan all week for what he was going to do in the game or during it, he really fooled everyone by not playing him. :rolleyes:

What i find funny is some of the folk who are having a pop at the manager for not playing Derek on the left of a 5 midfield, are the same folk who critisiced him for playing Derek wide left in a 5 midfield all last season.:faf: i'd have played him, i'd also have played Stokes too, i understand why Yogi did what he did but i have no idea if it would have made any difference?

down-the-slope
31-07-2010, 05:06 PM

Mon the Hibs.

:notworthy: well done the radge....i will promise you a beer if thats the score :greengrin

francobaresi
31-07-2010, 05:21 PM
5-1 Hibs, unlikely... But I am optimistic that we can get through on Thursday... Unfortunately I will be on an island in the west coast camping with junior baresi so won't be there... Not the greatest place to be to celebrate a famous victory...

GGTTH & good luck laddies:wink:

vahibbie
31-07-2010, 07:13 PM

Sorry I don't buy that. Someone said on here yesterday (BM I think) that he supports Hibernian FC, not the manager, the board or any player. If someone is happy to see us lose and get stuffed out of Europe is not a supporter.
However I find the confidence level on this thread a bit strange and just as bad as the negativity on the "sack the manager" thread. I'd love us to win by 4 and go through but the best we can hope for is giving it a damn good try.

Of course you never can tell...we've done it before:wink:

vahibbie
31-07-2010, 07:15 PM

Himself included apparently:bitchy:

hibs0666
31-07-2010, 07:40 PM

If the manager has not got the players to defend competently then that is his fault. He has chosen to keep decent forwards at the expense of the defence, and that open wound of a central defence is goingto be the hanging of him sooner rather than later.

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Maybe they aren't. Get over it - they're the supporters we've got.

This tie is effectively over. We are simply not going to turn around this deficit against Maribor - they are too good for that and we're not good enough. A face saving 2nd leg victory is the best we can hope for and even that might be too much to ask of this team.

I can't blame anybody for not throwing their money away on this tie. Daring to dream is daft enough as a hibby but it is downright ludicrous to dream that Yogi's hibs can salvage this. We blew it big time in Maribor and have given the fairweather supporter little encouragement to part with their cash for the return.

The irony in your post is top notch, how can they be supporter's if they dont support the team in a European home tie???

Tie is a long way from over.....

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
31-07-2010, 08:08 PM
We still have a chance, very slim though.

We've had all the debate about Yogi's tactics etc. What worries me more is can he get the belief in to them before Thursday? To many times last season we were flat in games. In BIG games. I thought when Yogi was appointed we would always put up a fight, always be hungry. If we want to have any chance at all on Thursday then we have to want it a hell of a lot more than has been shown before. The manager needs to give them the team talk of his life.

Get Riordan and Stokes banging in a few goals against Carlisle to get the confidence up and then get the two of them up front against Maribor. We are lucky to have probably the two best strikers in the country, so bloody get them where the belong Yogi.

Danderhall Hibs
31-07-2010, 11:04 PM
The irony in your post is top notch, how can they be supporter's if they dont support the team in a European home tie???

Tie is a long way from over.....

Isn't there a difference between a fan and a supporter though?

I'd say that a supporter supports the team and wants them to win, wheres a fan is fanatical and is likely to have blind faith in his or her team.

So I reckon our supporters will probably support the team on Thursday whether they attend or not. The fans meanwhile will still be sitting there after 80 minutes with the score at 1-1 thinking we'll get 4 quick goals to win the tie.

ekhibee
01-08-2010, 01:17 AM
I for one am with Hibbyradge, I dont subscribe to all the nonsense we've seen on the Forum since Thursday night, I dont like the yogi must go bo**ocks, I cant believe the amount of posts calling for Bamba to be back in the team, and I dont particularly subscribe to the wrong formation/tactics nonsense, hence why Ive left it till now to post.

Having watched the match, what I saw was a Hibs team who although they undeniably had the lions share of possesion, lacked a cutting edge, I think Nish was the wrong choice up front as lone striker simply because I dont think he gave us enough when it came to holding the ball up, but I still would have (had I been in that position) gone with the same formation. The sad fact is we came up against a team who were fitter, faster and had the killer instinct we didnt have. But in all honesty, did we really expect to go over there against a team who have real competitive football under there belts and expect to come away with a win ??

Personally I believe we'll give them a real battle n the second leg, whether or not we've got enough to overturn the deficit, I dont know, at 2-0 we might have but 3 goals might be asking a little too much.

The question I have to ask is, given recent past experiance in all SPL team's forays into the early rounds of europe, have we as a league got it wrong ? we continually see teams in the early stages of pre season getting tucked away by european teams who have games under there belt, If we introduced a winter break but started the season earlier, would we still be in the same position ?
I think we'll get humped. I was right about the first leg, this time I'll go for 3-1 Maribor.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2010, 06:11 AM
Isn't there a difference between a fan and a supporter though?

I'd say that a supporter supports the team and wants them to win, wheres a fan is fanatical and is likely to have blind faith in his or her team.

So I reckon our supporters will probably support the team on Thursday whether they attend or not. The fans meanwhile will still be sitting there after 80 minutes with the score at 1-1 thinking we'll get 4 quick goals to win the tie.

I would say a supporter is someone who follows the team no matter what the circumstances, whilst a fan is just someone who looks out for the result......

MrHibs1982
01-08-2010, 06:13 AM
Talk about pessimistic :bitchy:

We've lost one competitive game 3-0 and suddenly we're relegation material :confused:

We can't keep changing the managers everytime something goes wrong. Look at Man Utd for example (Not that we're Man Utd :greengrin ) Alex Ferguson was one loss away from getting the sack, but he won that game and look at him now.

So are you saying if Yogi wins this we are looking at us winning 11 SPL titles, 5 scottish cups, few league cups and some european titles in the next 20 years :faf::smokin i'll just grab my coat....

Sandy
01-08-2010, 08:10 AM
I think we'll get humped. I was right about the first leg, this time I'll go for 3-1 Maribor.

You would be fun to sit next to at ER :bitchy: I can see us winning 3-1, and a cavalry charge at the end.

Danderhall Hibs
01-08-2010, 08:46 AM
I would say a supporter is someone who follows the team no matter what the circumstances, whilst a fan is just someone who looks out for the result......

I think it's the other way round - fan is short for fanatic. A fanatic can't only take a passing interest.

Iggy Pope
01-08-2010, 09:01 AM

Mon the Hibs.

I agree. But you know that anyway seeing as I telt you in the Piramida late on Thursday night.

Enjoyed yer spraff and it had been a wee while since I had the chance to indulge in some of your waste of a heed!

It was barry and see you again soon when I'll get your fokking arms off!
:cheers:
SY

down-the-slope
01-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Fickle fans..most posts before match said they could understand what he was trying to acheive by formation etc......mistakes meant it did not bear the fruit intended..

Remember Ibrox away...Deeks on the bench..the outrage at this....we got a result.....no great praise for this..Stokes goal in that was probably the goal of the season Hibs wise

Hibbyradge
01-08-2010, 09:13 AM
I agree. But you know that anyway seeing as I telt you in the Piramida late on Thursday night.

Enjoyed yer spraff and it had been a wee while since I had the chance to indulge in some of your waste of a heed!

It was barry and see you again soon when I'll get your fokking arms off!
:cheers:
SY

You're physically insane, pal.

It was me who telt you. I think.

I'd ask Stevie P to confirm, but he's woosed off to his bed by then.

I had a great time. Can't wait to do it again. :cheers:

Hibby D
01-08-2010, 09:34 AM
You would be fun to sit next to at ER :bitchy: I can see us winning 3-1, and a cavalry charge at the end.

That sound like fun; win or lose :greengrin

Iggy Pope
01-08-2010, 09:37 AM
You're physically insane, pal.

It was me who telt you. I think.

I'd ask Stevie P to confirm, but he's woosed off to his bed by then.

I had a great time. Can't wait to do it again. :cheers:

Ha!
I wouldn't believe Stevie P if he told me it was Sunday today

Gotta shoot now tho - meaningless friendly to get to.

PS - give Blackpoool his ball back

ekhibee
01-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Apologies Sandy, I go to all the games and always HOPE that Hibs will win, but this team, to me anyway, seem pretty heartless and soft-centred, with a manager that just doesn't seem to recognize the problems we have in certain areas of the park. A cavalry charge would be great, but you need bottle to do that, and with this lot I'm afraid I remain to be convinced.

Captain Trips
01-08-2010, 05:38 PM
I think in Europe the onis has changed over the years, I beleive that the importance is on scoring away from home more so than result, it is so important. Hughes set us up in the style of trying to stop them scoring and keeping ball, it for me wasnt even a good counter attacking layout either.

It has put us in that horrible position of having to push and not conceed, Hibs when trying to defend cannot mange too great so I do fear that we will be caught out on Thursday. IMO Hibs strengths are upfront this was not utizised and for me that is what will cost us.

Maribor can take the risk and go at us for first 20mins snatch a goal tie over, sit in and counter attack if they like. Yogi made for me a big error last week but I am not one saying should be sacked he is allowed to make errors.

Dashing Bob S
02-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Can't see us getting the goals we need without conceding. Taking away the Motherwell freakshow at the end of the season, our only 5-1 last term was against Hamilton, and Maribor are so much better.