PDA

View Full Version : Attendance v Maribor

Kerrplunk
30-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Maybe i'm wrong but i can't really see more than 7 or 8000 at the game next Thursday. Don't think that will be the hoped for 'big crowd' that Yogi and the team need to turn up. Reduced prices and all that but just don't think there are as many fans who will follow the team blindly anymore. Just like paying a reduced fee to get in at half time when we are 3-0 down!!

LancashireHibby
30-07-2010, 03:30 PM
I'd like to know when supporting the club and supporting the team became "following blindly"?

Wee Scottie Dug
30-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Maybe i'm wrong but i can't really see more than 7 or 8000 at the game next Thursday. Don't think that will be the hoped for 'big crowd' that Yogi and the team need to turn up. Reduced prices and all that but just don't think there are as many fans who will follow the team blindly anymore. Just like paying a reduced fee to get in at half time when we are 3-0 down!!

Got my ticket yesterday and the West and FF are virtually full ....... and the south looked about half full so if everyone who has a ticket shows up that will be about 11500 ....... :rolleyes: ....... of course many will be going just to see the new stand close up and admire the new pitch and the football may be a bit of a sideshow .... You never know though - an early goal may make it more interesting ...... never say never :thumbsup:

tony higgins
30-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Never really thought of supporting the team blindly.
Must remember that the next time i,m standing frozen in Aberdeen station eating a dodgy fish supper.

hibby19
30-07-2010, 04:43 PM
My cousin got our tickets for the game today and for 5 of us to sit next to each other we had to go into the South stand. The Famous Five is completely sold out and West is more or less full. So I think there will be a decent sized crowd there next week to get behind the boys!

Littlest Hobo
30-07-2010, 04:53 PM
No holding out much hope for actually winning the tie out right but I'm hoping we give them a game on thursday and mibee score a few goals and at least make a game of it :thumbsup: for us fans who have bought tickets and waited ****in years to get into Europe! Mon the Hibs!

At The Edge
30-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Get mine tomorrow, not to bothered where i sit, was hoping to get the season ticket as well at the same time, but thats going to have to wait for another week or 2, funds are a bit low.

Geo_1875
30-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Bought mine weeks ago. Maybe that is following blindly. Also bought my ST before last season ended. Does that count as following blindly?

marinello59
30-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Bought mine weeks ago. Maybe that is following blindly. Also bought my ST before last season ended. Does that count as following blindly?

No idea. I can't see.

steviecarnie
30-07-2010, 09:16 PM
we struggled to get 3 seats together in the south lower on wednesday.

No.4
30-07-2010, 09:36 PM
I got my tickets and am coming up for it but absolutely gutted about last night. This is either going to be another long painful journey... or an absolutely unforgettable european classic!

Come on the cabbage!!:thumbsup:

Nakedmanoncrack
30-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Can't see many more tickets being sold now, and seems reasonable to assume that some of those who paid a mere £5 for a ticket might not bother turning up now, so c.7-8K sounds about right to me.

TheMentalHibees
30-07-2010, 09:52 PM
I already got my ticket, they gave me a voucher for free laser eye surgery at the same time.

Pete
30-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Well we've not got our tickets yet so that's three more idiots who might as well stay at home.

We're talking as if we're 3-0 down to Arsenal. This mob are no great shakes and we've beaten better teams than that by that margin. They're going to sit back, defend for their lives and try and hit us on the break if they're lucky....but we have lots of goals in us so let's do it!

I think with the crowd behind us we can do them over....they wont know what's hit them and it's time to go out fighting.:thumbsup:

Booked4Being-Ugly
30-07-2010, 10:15 PM
I got my ticket for the South stand upper before last night.

We've no chance of progressing to the next round but i'm just going to make the most of it and looking i'm forward to seeing the new East stand.

Easter road stadium is going to look stunning and hopefully it will give the players a bit of a lift!

Nakedmanoncrack
30-07-2010, 10:17 PM
We're talking as if we're 3-0 down to Arsenal. This mob are no great shakes and we've beaten better teams than that by that margin. They're going to sit back, defend for their lives and try and hit us on the break if they're lucky....but we have lots of goals in us so let's do it!

:hmmm: When was the last time we beat a better team than Maribor by 4 goals?

Pete
30-07-2010, 10:51 PM
:hmmm: When was the last time we beat a better team than Maribor by 4 goals?

We don't have to beat them by four goals....just three and then it's anyones.

I don't consider Maribor to be that good a team. They didn't show me anything to be frightened of. If we were to beat them by that margin I'd consider it to be similar to beating Aberdeen at Easter Road in the Scottish cup or Rangers at Ibrox in the same tournament....both three goal margins. They're not world beaters FFS and we can do them!

Nobody gave us a prayer when we were 2-0 down to AEK, who would wipe the floor with Maribor and look what happened! The crowd and team spirit carried us!

Lets have some positivity!:thumbsup:

Nakedmanoncrack
30-07-2010, 11:14 PM
We don't have to beat them by four goals....just three and then it's anyones.

I don't consider Maribor to be that good a team. They didn't show me anything to be frightened of. If we were to beat them by that margin I'd consider it to be similar to beating Aberdeen at Easter Road in the Scottish cup or Rangers at Ibrox in the same tournament....both three goal margins. They're not world beaters FFS and we can do them!

Nobody gave us a prayer when we were 2-0 down to AEK, who would wipe the floor with Maribor and look what happened! The crowd and team spirit carried us!

Lets have some positivity!:thumbsup:

Nothing to be frightened of... but we were fortunate to escape with a three goal trouncing. I admire your optimsm, yet all those results you mention were achieved by Hibs teams who would wipe the floor with the current side.

Brooster
31-07-2010, 07:05 AM
As per usual there are too many cranks on this message board who are just looking for an excuse not to go to Easter Road. I suggest some take a look at themselves, stop the endless moaning and actually get behind the team. Yes we were poor on Thursday, yes Yogi made tactical and selection mistakes but whats the point of distancing yourself from the team. We need to get behind them on Thursday and we need to get behind them for the new season so cmon lads and lassies lets stop the endless moaning and negativity and get behind them. I think there will be at least 11k at the game on Thursday.

Hibby 2005
31-07-2010, 07:50 AM
We got hammered in Maribor and now a lot of supporters are questioning, quite rightly, Yogi's ability as a Manager.

Just over the 10,000 mark next Thursday I would imagine.

Moulin Yarns
31-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Oh dear, Southampton must have had a good night :wink: every post being deleted this morning.

marinello59
31-07-2010, 08:15 AM
I already got my ticket, they gave me a voucher for free laser eye surgery at the same time.

The vouchers have been withdrawn due to problems with the small print. The club hope to announce shortly that all SPL games at Easter Road this season will be played in Braille though.

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2010, 08:54 AM
We got hammered in Maribor and now a lot of supporters are questioning, quite rightly, Yogi's ability as a Manager.

Any hibby questioning whether to attend a European home tie, is a total twank, and should just not bother in future IMO:confused:

Hibbyradge
31-07-2010, 09:18 AM

cloudy
31-07-2010, 10:45 AM

I say lets pack the place just like athens game, get the place rocking, do our bit and let deek n co do the rest cmon hibs

madabouthibs
31-07-2010, 10:14 PM
I'll be there with my lad, FF upper. :thumbsup:
This could be a cracker, simply because the players know nothing less than a paramount effort will be needed to turn this one round. What bigger boost could it be to run out the tunnel to a full house? If we show some faith, maybe they'll do the same. :agree:

seanraff07
01-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Sitting in the West Upper for the first time since we beat Gretna 6-0 in the CIS cup so the same scoreline to us again would be lovely.:agree:

Think i'm going to watch the AEK game on Wednesday just to get me up for it, the tie is far from over.

weecounty hibby
01-08-2010, 01:05 AM
I bought my tickets for me and my son on the morning of the first game and was excited about the tie. I then watched the first game, no thanks to HTV, and was a bit pissed off. Having had time to reflect I think we are still in with a chance, we will need a bit of luck and the backing of a large noisy crowd. My son and I don't get to many games at the moment and this could easily be our last of the season so we will be there and we will be shouting and screaming for the Hibs to pull another one out of the bag and see us through to the next round.

I'm not going to reply to all of the threads I have read since Thursday but frankly some of the posts have been pathetic. Look at the RECENT pedigree of Maribor compared to Hibs and someone please tell me why it came as a shock to lose to them. Our European history is better than theirs but it is exactly that, history. Folk not going because of the first leg result is, IMO, just plain stupid. There is always hope.