PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions For Thursday's Game

Sas_The_Hibby
30-07-2010, 11:17 AM
After so successfully bamboozling Maribor last night, with the tactic of not playing our two top goalscorers until the last 20 minutes, what do you think we should do to wrong foot Johnny Foreigner next Thursday?

I'll start the ball rolling with three suggestions:

Play without a goalkeeper;

Play with only 8 men;

Instruct the team to hop throughout the match.

I reckon Maribor will be thrown so much off their guard, by any of these tactics, that they just won't be able to cope.

Any other suggestions? :wink:

Hibstrooper
30-07-2010, 11:19 AM

4-4-2 or have I just taken it too far?

Liberal Hibby
30-07-2010, 11:21 AM

Fans actually get behind the team and management for once? Or is that too radical?

Dan Sarf
30-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Everyone facing the wrong way at the kick off?

Wearing a pair of those Hibees glasses that I bought for some inexplicable reason.

aberhibsfc
30-07-2010, 11:42 AM
He has to put out the most attacking option as possible. We cannot afford to play it cagey, we are more or less out of the tie. 3 nil is a decent margin to overcome, we have to bag 2 goals as early as possible. There is always the risk of the away goal, but as it stands scoring 3 or more will be a job in it's self. The tactic surely chooses itself. They will try to protect what they've got and hope for a counter attack goal. We have to go on the front foot. We are at home, this time it will be their players being intimidated. Hibs must use the 12th man weapon, best way to keep us vocal is to get stuck right in.

Stokes and Riordan have to start up front, if they play to their potential Maribor will have a job on their hands. Big question is, do you bring Bamba in? Or do we cut our nose off. Would Bamba be prepared mentally, physically.

Yogi now has to put his big arm around these guys big time, encourage desire and belief, a good team selection would also help.

LancashireHibby
30-07-2010, 11:48 AM
1-1-8 formation. It's the future.

Bad Martini
30-07-2010, 11:48 AM
I think what we want to do is have a great big pile of spears, LONGGG spears, LONGG as a man....then, when they run at us, fire the spears up as they run into a big ****ing wall of wood.
Then someone with war paint on his puss can shout "charggeeeee" and we can see what happens.

This plan has no chance of working you understand, much like last nights plan. Still...makes nae odds.

How about, more radically, we set-up as a 4-4-2, put players into a position where they can do some damage, accept no mass of back-passes, drop the ****ty target man up front Blobby esque crap and try and play fitba UP the pitch to the forwards who will, given less than half a chance, fire it home?

And lets make sure, whatever happens, we dont lose one eh as I cannot see us, even with our forwards on form, scoring 5 goals.....

Dan Sarf
30-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Not putting the lights on might do it.

LancashireHibby
30-07-2010, 11:57 AM

But then we'll have to wait to find out if the East is a different shade of green?!

Bad Martini
30-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Or, we could bring this boy in to move the baw every time the opposition try to kick it:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/columnists/2010/4/12/1271071392433/Uri-Geller-001.jpg

...apparently it worked for England? :rolleyes: :greengrin

Ants
30-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Do exactly what the team did last night.... don't turn up. :rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
30-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Yogi and the lads to run around the place naked while welcoming the Malibor team off their coach. They'll be so eager to get out of Easter Road and Edinburgh so much so that the game will be abandoned and they forfeit the tie.

Simples. :cool2:

son of haggart
30-07-2010, 12:32 PM

Revealed!

- Rod Petrie's cyber identity

iwasthere1972
30-07-2010, 02:48 PM
After so successfully bamboozling Maribor last night, with the tactic of not playing our two top goalscorers until the last 20 minutes, what do you think we should do to wrong foot Johnny Foreigner next Thursday?

I'll start the ball rolling with three suggestions:

Play without a goalkeeper;

Play with only 8 men;

Instruct the team to hop throughout the match.

I reckon Maribor will be thrown so much off their guard, by any of these tactics, that they just won't be able to cope.

Confiscate their mobile phones and MP3/4 players and tell them they ain't getting them back until we've qualified for the next round. I would even go a step further and lock up their wife/girlfriend/boyfriend and kids in Rodders basement until aforementioned is accomplished.

Football is so simple when you know how.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Revealed!

- Rod Petrie's cyber identity

SOH - haven't seen you on here for a while (perhaps I'm just not reading the right posts! :greengrin )

Used to enjoy your contributions which were always reasonable - unlike a lot of the Hibbies on here :duck: :greengrin

Anyway, hope all is well with you, even if I can't wish the same for your team :wink:.

Eaststand
30-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Being as it's a Euro tie, are we allowed to play our joker like the teams used to do in the Je Saux Frontiere shows that were based on 'It's a knockout' - if so any goals we score would count as 2 so that's my choice for Thursday night:greengrin

C'mon the cabbage

Sas_The_Hibby
30-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Being as it's a Euro tie, are we allowed to play our joker like the teams used to do in the Je Saux Frontiere shows that were based on 'It's a knockout' - if so any goals we score would count as 2 so that's my choice for Thursday night:greengrin

C'mon the cabbage

We can play our Jeux Sans Frontières Joker but the team also have to be dressed as giant chickens.

iwasthere1972
30-07-2010, 03:37 PM
We can play our Jeux Sans Frontières Joker but the team also have to be dressed as giant chickens.

We'll have a worse disciplinary record than the Yams if we start the game with 11 fowls. :wink:

fatbloke
30-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Score 4 more than Maribor - simple.

ekhibee
30-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Yep, good point. But bare in mind nearly all the Scottish teams that took part in It's a Knockout were totally pish. What does THAT say about our chances on Thursday!