PDA

View Full Version : Hughes On The Official Site

Sas_The_Hibby
30-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Claiming Hibs can turn the tie around on Thursday, Hughes says "I've got players who can score lots of goals"

Very true, Mr Hughes, but does it not help if you actually play them? :confused:

Expecting Rain
30-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Claiming Hibs can turn the tie around on Thursday, Hughes says "I've got players who can score lots of goals"

Very true, Mr Hughes, but does it not help if you actually play them? :confused:

Yogi is correct in his observations but he also has players who are capable of losing goals.

Wembley67
30-07-2010, 11:16 AM
What do you want him to say, we are going to get thumped at home?

smurf
30-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Yawn, yawn, yawn... how many times last season did we hear his "I've got goals in my team" slavering?

Sas_The_Hibby
30-07-2010, 11:20 AM

I'm happy for him to be positive.

I just wondered, following his master class in tactical team selection last night, if his comment on having players who can score goals was irony or just taking the p*sh! :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-07-2010, 11:41 AM

Obviously not, but if a trite cliche is appropriate then surely it has to be, mountains to climb, and we will give it our best.

Beefster
30-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Yawn, yawn, yawn... how many times last season did we hear his "I've got goals in my team" slavering?

Indeed. He also gave it the "you can't be too tough on the boys cos they tried right, right hard" or something similar straight out of last season's book too.

Bad Martini
30-07-2010, 11:59 AM
OK. So it's now on the record that Yogi KNOWS he has players who CAN score in the team.

Now he has NO excuse for not picking and playing them in the right position.

That is ALL there is to it.....bring on Thursday and let's see if we do see Riordan and Stokes up front. If so, and if it all goes boobs north, at least we used our resources properly.

I fear it's too late already but if we don't start with those 2 up front, we're ****ed, I fear.

stubru59
30-07-2010, 12:06 PM
This is just the type of game where we're likely to score three, or even four. But we're just as likely to give one or two away - and more than likely in the last five minutes.

Ants
30-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Hughes is STILL tactically inept.
This was evident last season on numerous occasions and it looks like its going to be continued this season.