PDA

View Full Version : (Greggs) Brown and Bamba on way?

GloryGlory
30-07-2010, 10:05 AM
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/190079/Perth-pursuit-of-Brown

From today's Daily Express.

Saintees after Mark Brown
PSG after Sol Bamba

If Brown goes, we are relying on Stack and Smith as goalies. :bitchy: :confused::rolleyes:

Speedway
30-07-2010, 10:10 AM
You've got to wonder why after being widely tipped on here to be No 1 this season, he didn't even make the bench last night and to our knowledge, isn't injured.

Oh wait I know why, it'll no doubt be because Yogi is a tactically clueless buffoon clown. Silly me.

Jack
30-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Other clubs are free to bid on or enquire about any player at any club. The fact he’s maybe or maybe not our #1 keeper is neither here nor there as far as they are concerned.

Saints will have seen the same as the rest of us that he’s not getting a look in at the moment and are probably just chancing it a wee bit.

ahibby
30-07-2010, 01:41 PM
You've got to wonder why after being widely tipped on here to be No 1 this season, he didn't even make the bench last night and to our knowledge, isn't injured.

Oh wait I know why, it'll no doubt be because Yogi is a tactically clueless buffoon clown. Silly me.

Well he is but that's not why he didn't play Brown.

GreenPJ
30-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Well he is but that's not why he didn't play Brown.

??

allyhibee
30-07-2010, 01:54 PM

Well you have to wonder if he isn't good enough to make the bench why did we even bother to buy him then? Complete waste of a wage having 3 experienced keepers on the books and that surely is down to Yogi.

.Sean.
30-07-2010, 02:10 PM
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/190079/Perth-pursuit-of-Brown

From today's Daily Express.

Saintees after Mark Brown
PSG after Sol Bamba

If Brown goes, we are relying on Stack and Smith as goalies. :bitchy: :confused::rolleyes:
Aye, becuause Stack was woeful last night right enough :rolleyes:

Graham Stack was the only player with pass marks last night, had it not been for his performance we'd have lost by four or five.

Ryan69
30-07-2010, 05:32 PM
And there was me thinking Stack could and should of done better for 2 + 3!
First goal was also lucky......but then getting lobbed again?? Is that acceptable?
I dont rate Stack,he couldnt catch a cold if he tried!!
Every ball ever thrown into the box is always pandemonium....
A commanding goalie makes a huge difference! With Stack its Heart in mouth seeing the ball floating 5 yards from the goals and the him watching it everytime.
Maka may of had his errors....but at least he tried tobe commanding! :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
30-07-2010, 05:38 PM
First goal was also lucky......but then getting lobbed again?? Is that acceptable?
A commanding goalie makes a huge difference! With Stack its Heart in mouth seeing the ball floating 5 yards from the goals and the him watching it everytime.

Unfortunately he never quite got there.

hibeemad
30-07-2010, 05:39 PM

Stop winding people up

.Sean.
30-07-2010, 06:07 PM
I smell a yam.

Ryan69
30-07-2010, 06:31 PM
I smell a yam.

No Yam here,Id like to see a commanding goalie though.

Stack is defiantely not that!

BT58
30-07-2010, 06:49 PM
what is the story with brown????
he was out injured when we signed him last season, the guy obviously has talent[celts]
he looked ok at dunf, for one half anyway, did he play in holland????
think stack took an injury last night, he had to get hogg to take his bykicks
or was that time wasting??????
to sell brown before he has played many games for hibs is very strange,[unless theres something fishy going on]
b

Pretty Boy
30-07-2010, 07:20 PM

Absolute pash.

Stack was/is by no means perfect but to single him out after some of the nonsense masquerading as football last night is ridiculous.

Ernie Cobra
30-07-2010, 09:13 PM
I smell a yam.

Why would you think that.....i also think stack is ****** and it WAS unacceptable to be beaten the way he was for the 2nd goal, he was on the 6 yard box! Brutal!

Cracker
31-07-2010, 07:58 AM
If Hibs were to sell Sol Bamba-then the money should be spent on bringing in a good steady keeper, Hibs have three keepers who,if it were possible to put the three in a pot and melt them down, so as to make one keeper from the three,you would still at best only have an average keeper.:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2010, 08:47 AM

Having seen all 3 play in Holland, Yogi got it spot on....

1 Stack
2 Smith
3 Brown

Baldy
31-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Why would you think that.....i also think stack is ****** and it WAS unacceptable to be beaten the way he was for the 2nd goal, he was on the 6 yard box! Brutal!

so last season , Deek scored the same type of goal and people saying how wonderful it was, absolutely unsaveable etc etc ... when the same type is scored against us .. we need to have a scapegoat in our keeper?

can we just not say the 3 goals we conceded were absolutely top drawer finishes:confused:

Lmc2105
31-07-2010, 10:36 AM
so last season , Deek scored the same type of goal and people saying how wonderful it was, absolutely unsaveable etc etc ... when the same type is scored against us .. we need to have a scapegoat in our keeper?

can we just not say the 3 goals we conceded were absolutely top drawer finishes:confused:

Spot on mate.

the first was just a class finish

the 2nd okay was a foul the guy seen stack was off his line (maybe a bit flucky) still finshed it

3rd was ****** defending but again a good finish.

i never seen the games in Holland and if people are saying that the best keeper is stack then a would tend to agree with them when they tell me about there performances

i think Brown will play tomorrow though

fife hfc
31-07-2010, 10:59 AM

:top marks Some people just seem like they want to moan about anything. Stack had no chance with the goals as they were great finishes. If we still had Jones in defence it would not be a problem that he does not come off his line. But because we do not have centre halves who like to take command of the penalty area it causes uncertainty. budgie never used to come off his line but in Hunter and McIntyre we had two centre halves that would take responsibility and so it was not a problem. Hogg and Hanlon and not dominant centre halves so it has become an issue. When we had the decent defensive record before the turn of the year we had Stack in goals and Bamba in the centre ready to take responsibility and it worked we need to get back to that (preferably with two dominant centre halves).

Hiber-nation
31-07-2010, 11:07 AM

Yep that's exactly what they were. Absolutely nothing any keeper could have done about them. Can't quite believe people on here are blaming Stack.

Anyway Brown can go, waste of a wage having three 1st team keepers.

RoYO!
31-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Stack is, IMO an average keeper, but is def injury prone- not the first time someone had to take his by-kicks.

Smith has looked great at times- reaction saves etc and has the capacity to have a howler.

Brown has been untested more or less. But perhaps yogi has seen enough.

Think hibs need to really pull a surprising goalie signing out the bag sooner or later in the ilk of stokes and miller. Could make all the diff at the back if the def is confident they have a v solid keeper behind them.

HibeeSince85
31-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Brown should have been given a chance this season, no shipped out if the story is to be believed.

Both Stack and Smith have had a chance at taking the gloves and although they're not terrible neither have taken it.

Keith_M
31-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I thought Yogi wanted a "Goalkeeping Academy", or whatever he called it? That was his answer to the reason he wanted a third keeper, in signing Brown.

It would seem a bit strange to sign him in January and then never give the guy a chance. :dunno:

But then, it's only a rumour at present so who knows if any of this story is even true.

Iain G
01-08-2010, 07:04 AM
I thought Yogi wanted a "Goalkeeping Academy", or whatever he called it? That was his answer to the reason he wanted a third keeper, in signing Brown.

It would seem a bit strange to sign him in January and then never give the guy a chance. :dunno:

But then, it's only a rumour at present so who knows if any of this story is even true.

If he is keen to get another outfield player in, then perhaps he is happy to sacrafice one of his goalkeepers, and if Brown is attracting the attention then he would be the easiest and quickest one to offload.

lucky
01-08-2010, 07:12 AM
Brown has not been given a run in the team like the other two. I dont think a new goalie is needed. We have three average keepers which is about right cos we have an average team and manager. If any them were any good they would not be playing for Hibs in the SPL.

scoopyboy
01-08-2010, 07:48 AM
Brown has not been given a run in the team like the other two. I dont think a new goalie is needed. We have three average keepers which is about right cos we have an average team and manager. If any them were any good they would not be playing for Hibs in the SPL.

If you look at good teams they have an obvious top pick keeper, the wealthier ones have good back up.

To have 3 keepers of similar standard to me is stupid, if nothing happens in terms of ins or outs then I can see the 3 goalies being shuffled each time the man in possession makes a mistake. Not a good situation.

I haven't a clue who our best keeper, more worringly I don't think Yogi knows either.

BSEJVT
01-08-2010, 09:20 AM
If you look at good teams they have an obvious top pick keeper, the wealthier ones have good back up.

To have 3 keepers of similar standard to me is stupid, if nothing happens in terms of ins or outs then I can see the 3 goalies being shuffled each time the man in possession makes a mistake. Not a good situation.

I haven't a clue who our best keeper, more worringly I don't think Yogi knows either.

Agree entirely

Its a luxury we cannot afford.

Now if he had used the money in January to get either a centre half or right back, whose to say what might have happened?

smurf
01-08-2010, 11:06 AM
I reckon this goalkeeper madness must be costing us 500k this year. Just what was the point of signing Brown when we already had Stack, Maka and had just signed Smith? IMHO complete and typical mismanagement from Hughes. Particulary with obvious weaknesses elsewhere in the side. For example why now have three of the same quality goalkeepers but no alternative at left back? Hughes is similar to Mixu in that he just appears to randomly sign players with no thought out process of actually building a team.

brog
01-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I reckon this goalkeeper madness must be costing us 500k this year. Just what was the point of signing Brown when we already had Stack, Maka and had just signed Smith? IMHO complete and typical mismanagement from Hughes. Particulary with obvious weaknesses elsewhere in the side. For example why now have three of the same quality goalkeepers but no alternative at left back? Hughes is similar to Mixu in that he just appears to randomly sign players with no thought out process of actually building a team.

I actually think our left back problem is pretty much the same as our goalkeeper problem in that we have 3 players of roughly equal ability in Murray, Hanlon & Stevenson but no stand out player.
Although I would like a big, strong, capable keeper I don't see it happening so we really need a big, no-nonsense centre half in the mould of Jones, McNamee, Black or Hughes himself. If we have someone in middle who clears balls into the box our goalkeeping problem will be reduced as will our full back difficulties as they won't have to spend half of each match sweeping round in the middle.
Any suggestions ( don't say Jones ) for a genuine old fashioned centre half?

jonny
02-08-2010, 08:56 AM
I actually think our left back problem is pretty much the same as our goalkeeper problem in that we have 3 players of roughly equal ability in Murray, Hanlon & Stevenson but no stand out player.
Although I would like a big, strong, capable keeper I don't see it happening so we really need a big, no-nonsense centre half in the mould of Jones, McNamee, Black or Hughes himself. If we have someone in middle who clears balls into the box our goalkeeping problem will be reduced as will our full back difficulties as they won't have to spend half of each match sweeping round in the middle.
Any suggestions ( don't say Jones ) for a genuine old fashioned centre half?

I have said this before but Gary Doherty was recently released by Norwich - I actually thought he was older but is only 30. He's a great defender - no pace but he takes charge of the penalty box and reads the game brilliantly.

On the goalkeeper issue - i dont think the 3 of them are of the same standard. I think that Stack and Brown are average at best but Smith is a constant accident waiting to happen. I also dont blame stack for any of the goals conceded against Haribo - IMO 3 fantastic finishes.

BSEJVT
02-08-2010, 10:48 AM
I have said this before but Gary Doherty was recently released by Norwich - I actually thought he was older but is only 30. He's a great defender - no pace but he takes charge of the penalty box and reads the game brilliantly.

On the goalkeeper issue - i dont think the 3 of them are of the same standard. I think that Stack and Brown are average at best but Smith is a constant accident waiting to happen. I also dont blame stack for any of the goals conceded against Haribo - IMO 3 fantastic finishes.

To be honest Smith should never get near Hibs jersey again.

I thought Maka was a bottler but his failings paled into insignificance at Smith's errors against Hearts & Motherwell.

Against Motherwell he looked like the geeky wee guy in your primary class punted in goals for the big laddies to hammer the ball at, and dealt with it just like that too:greengrin

brog
02-08-2010, 11:58 AM
To be honest Smith should never get near Hibs jersey again.

I thought Maka was a bottler but his failings paled into insignificance at Smith's errors against Hearts & Motherwell.

Against Motherwell he looked like the geeky wee guy in your primary class punted in goals for the big laddies to hammer the ball at, and dealt with it just like that too:greengrin

Agree 100%, I have never seen a less confident keeper & as I said in another post, the game at Motherwell for me would have been his last in a Hibs Jersey.
Re prior poster on Gary Doherty, not a bad shout, I must admit I thought he was much older. If we played him alongside Stephens & Murray we'd have 3 ex Norwich!!

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Agree 100%, I have never seen a less confident keeper & as I said in another post, the game at Motherwell for me would have been his last in a Hibs Jersey.
Re prior poster on Gary Doherty, not a bad shout, I must admit I thought he was much older. If we played him alongside Stephens & Murray we'd have 3 ex Norwich!!

I watched him training and he is a perfectionist, and hates making errors.....

Just out of curiousity how many of the 6 goals lost at Fir Park where actually down to him?? And let us not forget his wonderful penalty save that night

Supraninja
02-08-2010, 07:07 PM

Just out of curiousity how many of the 6 goals lost at Fir Park where actually down to him?? And let us not forget his wonderful penalty save that night

Yeah but did he not give away the pen in the first place..?

BSEJVT
02-08-2010, 07:08 PM

Cant remenber to be honest and have no wish to revisit footage

Certainly 1 which went straight through him when he tried to save it with his legs.

I think certainly another 1 possibly 2, but he was flapping like a barn door in the wind most of the evening.

IIRC he stupidly gave away said penalty with his indecisiveness? Prepared to be corrected on any of the above as in my defence I am traumatised by what unfolded that night and have tried hard to erase footage from my memory:boo hoo:

sauzee
02-08-2010, 07:15 PM

you are winding me up ! gary doherty,known at spurs as the ginger pele,is one of the worst players ever to be seen in english football,and don't come back and tell me he's an international player,he makes colin murdoch look like beckenbauer.

Dr Jimmy
03-08-2010, 10:51 AM
you are winding me up ! gary doherty,known at spurs as the ginger pele,is one of the worst players ever to be seen in english football,and don't come back and tell me he's an international player,he makes colin murdoch look like beckenbauer.

So are you for or against him..........:greengrin

borstalboy
03-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Chopping and changing is no good for any of the Goalies........its all about confidence as a goalie and unless you play week in and week out you wont get that confidence required.

Hughes needs to pick a goalie and stick with him irrespective if he makes 1 or 2 mistakes.

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Chopping and changing is no good for any of the Goalies........its all about confidence as a goalie and unless you play week in and week out you wont get that confidence required.

Hughes needs to pick a goalie and stick with him irrespective if he makes 1 or 2 mistakes.

Stack was imho our No1, but he's injured. I'd imagine when he's fit again, he will regain that position unless Brown makes it impossible to do so.

IWasThere2016
03-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Stack was imho our No1, but he's injured. I'd imagine when he's fit again, he will regain that position unless Brown makes it impossible to do so.

I agree - Stack is no1. Smith's confidence looks shot - and I have no idea why Broon is still here tbh.

Its the same at bigger clubs too - Arsenal have 4 of similar ability and no clear no1 for the new season. Madness!

Speedway
03-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Ultimately I think that, if one of our goalkeepers makes the jersey their own and stays injury free, the others will find it very difficult to get game time.

GreenPJ
03-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Ultimately I think that, if one of our goalkeepers makes the jersey their own and stays injury free, the others will find it very difficult to get game time.

A bit like most teams and goalkeepers then :greengrin

Speedway
05-08-2010, 08:35 AM
According to the Express this morning, this will be Bamba's last game as he's going to...

wait for it...

Brest :tee hee:

And we're supposed to be in for Davidson at the Saints which may be why Brown is involved in a swap deal.

richard_pitts
05-08-2010, 09:03 AM

Excellent point. However, John Hughes went through 15 keepers in three years at Falkirk. I think this is just one of his foibles I'm afraid.

RickyS
05-08-2010, 09:13 AM
According to the Express this morning, this will be Bamba's last game as he's going to...

wait for it...

Brest :tee hee:

And we're supposed to be in for Davidson at the Saints which may be why Brown is involved in a swap deal.

I too went there last night, there was a hefty jumping oan fee tho:greengrin

smurf
05-08-2010, 09:59 AM
I thought Smith started great for us in Jan. Looked assured. Then Hughes dropped him because of Bamba...

mjhibby
05-08-2010, 10:17 AM
The express says that bamba will be away if we get knocked out tonight.I get the getting money for him should we be knocked out so we can boost the coffers but is it in bam
bas interest for us to go through if he isnt going to get his transfer.Just thought that sounded curious to me.Brown doesnt seem to be getting a chance for whatever reason which escapes me given smiths poor form and stacks injury record.Always looked solid at ict but maybe that was due to who he had infront of him and the organization of the team.baffled as to why he hasnt played more.I only hope that if bamba and brown do go yogi has players in mind to bring in if not we are going to struggle big time with the size of our squad.

borstalboy
05-08-2010, 10:49 AM
The express says that bamba will be away if we get knocked out tonight.I get the getting money for him should we be knocked out so we can boost the coffers but is it in bam
bas interest for us to go through if he isnt going to get his transfer.Just thought that sounded curious to me.Brown doesnt seem to be getting a chance for whatever reason which escapes me given smiths poor form and stacks injury record.Always looked solid at ict but maybe that was due to who he had infront of him and the organization of the team.baffled as to why he hasnt played more.I only hope that if bamba and brown do go yogi has players in mind to bring in if not we are going to struggle big time with the size of our squad.

He got injured when he joined.....so dont be too baffled! :wink: