PDA

View Full Version : What if ?

hibernator
30-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Ian Murray didny slip
the ref gave Wotherspoon the foul at the second goal
Millers shot went in
somebody knocked De Graffs effort in from the keepers spill
we would have been happy with 1-0, delighted with a 1-1, as I saw it we lost two goals, 1st a slip and then a cracker of a finish, 2nd I thought looked a defo foul before another cracking finish from Illilic
I missed the 3rd but have been told we got caught on the break, I also thought we looked as fit if not fitter than them in the last 15 minutes, in the first 30 mins we were frustrating them and the Maribor fans were whistling at us keeping the ball then Hoggy started trying long balls, wrong, he should have kept it simple, thats what you want your captain to do, keep us in the game and force the opposition to take chances, not give them the ball, a couple of quick goals nxt week and we'll see, here's hoping

CMac1988
30-07-2010, 01:02 AM
For a 2 letter word it sure is big... :agree:

Dalianwanda
30-07-2010, 01:07 AM
They had a good few 'what if' moments too...especially the start of the first half...some doubts came about them finishing us off when the had the chance...for that reasonm I still have high hopes for next week.....Well high hopes to score not to keep out..

broonie27
30-07-2010, 01:08 AM
What if ?
hibs.net recommends:
Coopers Rest

Ian Murray didny slip
Millers shot went in
we would have been happy with 1-0, delighted with a 1-1, as I saw it we lost two goals, 1st a slip and then a cracker of a finish, 2nd I thought looked a defo foul before another cracking finish from Illilic
I missed the 3rd but have been told we got caught on the break, I also thought we looked as fit if not fitter than them in the last 15 minutes, in the first 30 mins we were frustrating them and the Maribor fans were whistling at us keeping the ball then Hoggy started trying long balls, wrong, he should have kept it simple, thats what you want your captain to do, keep us in the game and force the opposition to take chances, not give them the ball, a couple of quick goals nxt week and we'll see, here's hoping

if ifs and ands were pots and pans i'd be an ironmonger :wink:

good to see we're fit though, that'll win us plenty points this season :duck:

sahib
30-07-2010, 07:22 AM
if ifs and ands were pots and pans i'd be an ironmonger :wink:

good to see we're fit though, that'll win us plenty points this season :duck:

Where are they now, eh! Drysalters as well all gone.

scott7_0(Prague)
30-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Ian Murray didny slip
Millers shot went in

What IF.....

We played our 40 a goal a season players and scored more goals than them.... that would have made a difference.

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2010, 07:28 AM
The only problem with the "what ifs" is that if you look at the ones on the other side where they carved open our defence, we could have been going to ER with a five or six goal deficit.

hibernator
30-07-2010, 10:39 PM
The only problem with the "what ifs" is that if you look at the ones on the other side where they carved open our defence, we could have been going to ER with a five or six goal deficit.

Nah , too negative mate, what are the best goal scorers shot to goal ratio, 1 in 3 or 4, they scored 2 crackers, I am looking for a fast goal from us next week and keep battering them for the whole game, don't care if it is long ball, tippy tappy own goals, "just get intae thum"

Diclonius
30-07-2010, 11:19 PM
It's football. Anything can happen.

I actually thought we were all right until the 2nd went in, and were unlucky to be behind, but hey. Let's not let facts get in the way of a good PMSing. :yawn: