PDA

View Full Version : Brian Rice-is he as bad as Yogi?

Winston Ingram
29-07-2010, 10:11 PM
He went to watch them so I'd imagine he had a huge say in the tactics. The pair of them seem as bad as each other

Disco Dave
29-07-2010, 11:33 PM
He said we would struggle over there but beat them at Easter Road, I think they will still do us at home :grr:

sesoim
30-07-2010, 12:23 AM
Good management teams usually compliment each other. Well from that point of view, Rice would have to be a frigging genius to make up for Hughes.

It aint working....

Toaods
30-07-2010, 01:01 AM
Last season I watched Brian Rice turn to Yogi repeatedly with folded arms, beckoning him to remove Deek - that was enough to convince me he is as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

The fear factor that our talented players would not graft hard enough was as plain as the nose on our faces.

delbert
30-07-2010, 01:54 AM
Our whole preseason was geared to this game, a few friendlies, then the trip to Holland to get some 'European style' experience (the Heracles result turned out to be a good marker did'nt it). We were prepared 'meticulously', Rice watched them twice, there were video sessions, and lets not forget the dossier - and the result - wrong team sent out, ripped apart by a team who had far less possession, our only hopes of a goal warming a bench, a defensive set up when the last 5 months of last season proved the defence was the weakest part of our team (and still the manager just cannot see this). Knocking the ball about 30 yards from our own keeper before either losing possession constantly or just hoofing it up the park is NOT European style or any other style of football, its just utter pish, the idea of maintaining possession is not only to deny the other team the ball, but, unbelievably, its to try to get some sort of end result from the aforementioned possession. 18 months in and the same weaknesses exists in our team which were largely there under Mixu, namely tactical naievity and absolutely no plan B (a plan A would be nice). Hughes has been found out as a tactical buffoon, and him and the clowns he has around him who masquerade as our coaching staff should have some self respect and admit they just dont have it and just resign for the good of this club that they profess to love. The apologists who keep sticking up for him because he is ' a good hibbee' will live to regret it, because I think this season is going to be nothing but a real struggle with these utter no hopers in charge. Found out, big style, end of !

Wing Half
30-07-2010, 02:00 AM
Last season I watched Brian Rice turn to Yogi repeatedly with folded arms, beckoning him to remove Deek - that was enough to convince me he is as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

The fear factor that our talented players would not graft hard enough was as plain as the nose on our faces.

Chipper the grafter - take a bow. Get real this is pre season.

Toaods
30-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Time will tell who is right.