PDA

View Full Version : Yogi, What has he done at Hibs?

HFC 0-7
29-07-2010, 09:51 PM
I have been wondering about Yogi and if the future looks good with him at the helm so I was trying to remember last season.

Basically, I cant really remember us playing all that well, even when we were on the great run. In fact the best I seem to remember Hibs playing was at home against Dundee Utd where we should have had the game wrapped up at half time but we ended up drawing.

In reality, Yogi and the team have had more howlers than they have had positives.

We had probably a worse run than our good run, we were put out of the cup by Ross County, beaten by St Johnstone a couple of times of which they put 5 past us in one game, whipped by rangers at home and then there is the 6-6 game.

Can anyone remember Yogi and the team playing really well?

Sammy7nil
29-07-2010, 09:55 PM
I agree the positves are attracting Miller and Stokes everything else poor

sauzee
29-07-2010, 10:02 PM
I have been wondering about Yogi and if the future looks good with him at the helm so I was trying to remember last season.

Basically, I cant really remember us playing all that well, even when we were on the great run. In fact the best I seem to remember Hibs playing was at home against Dundee Utd where we should have had the game wrapped up at half time but we ended up drawing.

In reality, Yogi and the team have had more howlers than they have had positives.

We had probably a worse run than our good run, we were put out of the cup by Ross County, beaten by St Johnstone a couple of times of which they put 5 past us in one game, whipped by rangers at home and then there is the 6-6 game.

should have been sacked long before 6-6, come on thats school boy stuff,yet we try and take 95% of that team into europe !!!!!!!

SRHibs
29-07-2010, 10:10 PM
I think the majority of us were under the impression that we were getting majorly lucky in the first half of the season, and that we would be found out when our fortunes turned. Eventually, this was proven correct.
He's definitely not capable of taking us forward; he's just not got the brains to be a football manager.

Sammy7nil
29-07-2010, 10:14 PM
I think the majority of us were under the impression that we were getting majorly lucky in the first half of the season, and that we would be found out when our fortunes turned. Eventually, this was proven correct.
He's definitely not capable of taking us forward; he's just not got the brains to be a football manager.

Sad, but probably true

Lofarl
29-07-2010, 10:15 PM
The only time I saw Hibs play great last season was the home game v Motherwell. We bossed them that day.

California-Hibs
29-07-2010, 10:23 PM

Oh dear, we were playing in EUROPE tonight, something we havent done in FIVE years! Yogi got us to 4th in the league last season, an improvement on season's passed! Say what you may, but we won enough points last season to merit European football for this year, end of story!

Sammy7nil
29-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Oh dear, we were playing in EUROPE tonight, something we havent done in FIVE years! Yogi got us to 4th in the league last season, an improvement on season's passed! Say what you may, but we won enough points last season to merit European football for this year, end of story!

Yip i agree lets for get conceding 6, 5, 5, and several times 4 goals last season
Leets forget stumbling in to Europe when at Xmas the media had chalenging the OF Hibs have been dyer for months WAKE UP

California-Hibs
29-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Yip i agree lets for get conceding 6, 5, 5, and several times 4 goals last season
Leets forget stumbling in to Europe when at Xmas the media had chalenging the OF Hibs have been dyer for months WAKE UP

Stating facts mate, as poor as it was at times last season, and as poor as it was tonight, John Hughes got us to 4th in the table and playing in Europe. What the hell more do you expect supporting Hibs???!!!! Yeah maybe to go one more, finish 3rd, but in his first season i'll take the 4th placed finish take you very much. WAKE UP

Northfield Hibby
29-07-2010, 10:41 PM

We finished 4th and qualified for europe! The last time we got into europe through our league position was under Mowbray!!

Aye, let's listen to what the media have go to say, we were never going to challenge the old firm, you for real!!!!

snooky
29-07-2010, 11:23 PM

Totally agree with the highlighted part of the quote.
Re. the brains part, not sure however, there is something seriously wrong at ER as we have a potentially a very good side on paper but they are consistently playing well below par.

(((Fergus)))
29-07-2010, 11:59 PM
He's great at finding players and having a laugh and a joke with them. Can he not become coach/chief scout and let someone else manage the team?

Hawthorn
30-07-2010, 07:34 AM
Keith Harris & Orville could have go us 4th position in the league last season as it was the poorest SPL ever :agree: