PDA

View Full Version : forget about tonight

deeks01
29-07-2010, 09:46 PM
hard as it may be we've GOT TO put this out of our heads till next thursday and just get behind the team! Surely the only thing we , as a support , can do is get behind our team next thursday and hope the players can show the kind of passion that I guarantee eleven of those people standing singing their hearts out would and have given our club! The chances are slim..... but they're non existant if theres an anti hughes mood inside er in a weeks time so forget about tonight at least till then and if we go out then have your say but for the love of sauzee please let the only words on your lips this week be "we can ****in do this!" because with that kind of mood and a rocking ER we just might. That is all , admins sorry for swearing but I felt it was necesary.

GGTTH

PISTOL1875
29-07-2010, 09:48 PM
hard as it may be we've GOT TO put this out of our heads till next thursday and just get behind the team! Surely the only thing we , as a support , can do is get behind our team next thursday and hope the players can show the kind of passion that I guarantee eleven of those people standing singing their hearts out would and have given our club! The chances are slim..... but they're non existant if theres an anti hughes mood inside er in a weeks time so forget about tonight at least till then and if we go out then have your say but for the love of sauzee please let the only words on your lips this week be "we can ****in do this!" because with that kind of mood and a rocking ER we just might. That is all , admins sorry for swearing but I felt it was necesary.

GGTTH

Always get behind the team but it's the bafoon who is charge that's the problem....

Spike Mandela
29-07-2010, 09:50 PM

GGTTH

Nice try Deeks but we've heard all this positive thinking psychobabble from Yogi in the past year and a bit, it's all hot air. We don't have the quality.:boo hoo:

PISTOL1875
29-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Nice try Deeks but we've heard all this positive thinking psychobabble from Yogi in the past year and a bit, it's all hot air. We don't have the quality.:boo hoo:

Spot on.. Hibs are just an average team with average players...

Fantic
29-07-2010, 10:09 PM

GGTTH

:agree: Lets get behind the team, manager and club.

GloriousHibs
29-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Take a deep breath and think laterally.

I'm 41 and with the exception of a handful of experiences, Hibs have let me down all my life.

For the first time, i've bought my 7 year old daughter a season ticket, because, she wonders what all the fuss is about when Dad disappears on a Saturday and loves the idea of going somewhere where she can eat pizza in the afternoon.

She'll get the whole Hibs experience, but it'll cost her in the long run.

We are rank rotten, no pace, defensive strength, imagination nor final option with exception of Riordan.
So where now?

Well, how about big strong athletic lads for a start?

I would bring in Liam Craig, I would also have signed Deucher, who's twice the player Nish is. Guys who wont be bullied or pushed off the ball, simple really.

Sorry, it might be emperors new clothes but wtf does Wotherspoon bring us?? or Galbraith for that matter?

There's a certain degree of knee jerk in my post, but fek me, things must change here

deeks01
29-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Always get behind the team but it's the bafoon who is charge that's the problem....

don't necesarily disagree but leave that till after next thursday or we go from most likely out to definately out , see where I'm comin from?

so? don't let that put you off , hibs need us in good spirits for the home tie to have any chance.

as are maribor.

:agree: Lets get behind the team, manager and club.

finally someone agrees:thumbsup:

Take a deep breath and think laterally.

I'm 41 and with the exception of a handful of experiences, Hibs have let me down all my life.

For the first time, i've bought my 7 year old daughter a season ticket, because, she wonders what all the fuss is about when Dad disappears on a Saturday and loves the idea of going somewhere where she can eat pizza in the afternoon.

She'll get the whole Hibs experience, but it'll cost her in the long run.

We are rank rotten, no pace, defensive strength, imagination nor final option with exception of Riordan.
So where now?

Well, how about big strong athletic lads for a start?

I would bring in Liam Craig, I would also have signed Deucher, who's twice the player Nish is. Guys who wont be bullied or pushed off the ball, simple really.

Sorry, it might be emperors new clothes but wtf does Wotherspoon bring us?? or Galbraith for that matter?

There's a certain degree of knee jerk in my post, but fek me, things must change here

if I have a bairn they'll no be gettin forced into bein a footy fan thats for sure , just not worth it because footballs dead! However that shouldn't stop us doing our utmost to get our team into the next round because if we don't get a crackin atmosphere and positive vibe going the players , as usual , will piss all over the hibs shirt..... or would be as well doin it cause they dinny give a tom kite about it!

iwasthere1972
29-07-2010, 11:13 PM

GGTTH

Although I am totally p*ssed off with Yogi and the team at the moment there's no way I can turn my back on them when they need our support more than ever. So for that reason I'll still be turning up next Thursday in the hope that we may still turn this tie around. Slim hopes but you never know.

The current Hibs team are not a patch on the Hibs team of 1968 but at the same time Maribor are no Napoli. Maybe just maybe lightening can strike twice in the same place and I can add next week to my "Greatest European Nights at Easter Road".

Oh and no drink has been consumed in the making of this post.

Jamie
30-07-2010, 12:19 AM
It's not over yet, yes it will be hard but WE as fans, aye that's everyone of you, (well apart from these pink ***** that roam around this board like ****), IF you can get to the game ****in well get off her ass and get down to easter road instead of sitting behind your keyboard and maybe just maybe we can do it, IF it fails then least we can all come back online and moan at least we would have done our bit!!

GGTH! F@@K the hertz!

matty_f
30-07-2010, 12:26 AM
It's not over yet, yes it will be hard but WE as fans, aye that's everyone of you, (well apart from these pink ***** that roam around this board like ****), IF you can get to the game ****in well get off her ass and get down to easter road instead of sitting behind your keyboard and maybe just maybe we can do it, IF it fails then least we can all come back online and moan at least we would have done our bit!!

GGTH! F@@K the hertz!

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

LancashireHibby
30-07-2010, 10:29 AM
If we managed to turn the game around then it'd be one of the great Euro nights, but there's no chance of that if people aren't right behind the team (if not necessarily Yogi) from the start - people still talk about the AEK game and we didn't win that one, so why not this one?

scoopyboy
30-07-2010, 11:21 AM
The attendance next week will tell us a lot about Hibs fans.

There will always be people away on holiday, work commitments, family commitments or simply hard up.
Same goes for exiled fans.

But not everyone can't make it.

If the attendance is less than 10,000 an awful lot of Hibs fans need to take a look at themselves in the mirror and ask themselves if they could do more for the cause.

LancashireHibby
30-07-2010, 11:37 AM
If the attendance is less than 10,000 an awful lot of Hibs fans need to take a look at themselves in the mirror and ask themselves if they could do more for the cause.

There's a thread saying that the only seats together are in West Upper and South Upper so that sounds encouraging.

Going to cost me a fortune to be there (coming up at 6am Thursday morning and getting the train back on Friday night :party:) but I hope we at least make a bit of a go of it.

scoopyboy
30-07-2010, 01:24 PM
There's a thread saying that the only seats together are in West Upper and South Upper so that sounds encouraging.

Going to cost me a fortune to be there (coming up at 6am Thursday morning and getting the train back on Friday night :party:) but I hope we at least make a bit of a go of it.

I hope for everybody's sake (club, players and fans) there is over 10000.

A quick goal and you never know. Even a win would save some face.

If there is a crap crowd it kinda takes away for me the point of Hibs qualifying for Europe in future seasons.

ahibby
30-07-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm not happy but of course I will be there with my partner to get behind the team next Thursday. I don't think any of us are so P***** off that we would turn our backs on the club completely. Not at this stage in the season anyway.

Joe Baker II
30-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Did not think Hughes was really amajor problem until heard the team last night - would be totally wrong to forget that the manger got it seriously wrong when it really mattered I am afraid, that would just indicate toleration of failure when it is important.

May have been up against it anyway but not playing 2 forwards (who are 2 of Hibs few players on fringe of international squads) in game where scoring at least one goal was imperative, really takes the biscuit.

RoscoHibby
30-07-2010, 01:48 PM
We are all hurting about that last night, but cant believe some folk are having a go and disagreeing with the OP.

I've never in my life (27yrs) heard ER like it was for the Athens game, not once. We need it to be as close as possible to that, just good old fashioned, scottish, getintaethum encouragement.
The usual howling abuse at every slack pass like a game vs st mirren at ER for example, then we've nae chance, aswell putting the tools away now.

I for one will be there decked in green n white, half cut, singing ma heart out, encouraging the team at every chance and prolly hurling some abuse at the mental slovenians.

Dont wanna start another argument, but if your in the south stand and sitting behind me, and your not a kid/auld yin/invalid, then you'll prolly have to stand a lot to see whats going on.

Lets support the team eh, we've all got our thoughts on last night, but we can either help the boys but encouraging them every bit of the way, or we can hinder them by moaning and screaming abuse everytime they dont play to spain standards.

We're all on here cos we love the hibs, no other reason (well daft yams excluded) lets show it on thursday.

NAE NOOKIE
30-07-2010, 10:01 PM
It will be a total miracle if we even manage to take it to extra time next week.

But if we do I for one will be there to see it.

SaulGoodman
30-07-2010, 10:09 PM
I'll be there to get behind the team. Although if It's announced that Deeks and Stokes are on the bench I'll be going down for a 90 minute pish. (While hoping for the best of course :greengrin )

Andy74
31-07-2010, 03:59 AM
We owned the student nightclub. That is all. Goodnight.

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2010, 08:48 AM

GGTTH

Agreed

Hibernia Na Eir
31-07-2010, 09:00 AM
im buying a ticket for Thurs. Not cause i think we'll pull it back, but because i love Hibs.

Want to see new stand too:greengrin

GGTTH

Phil D. Rolls
31-07-2010, 11:33 AM

GGTH! F@@K the hertz!

It's at times like these I think of the 1000 or so diehard fans who made the trip to Hampden that rainy night that we won the semi final against the Huns. You have to admire the passion of people who are 100% loyal.

Pity our boss is a bumbling buffoon (I really hope he proves me wrong, I really do).

Phil D. Rolls
31-07-2010, 11:34 AM
We are all hurting about that last night, but cant believe some folk are having a go and disagreeing with the OP.

I've never in my life (27yrs) heard ER like it was for the Athens game, not once. We need it to be as close as possible to that, just good old fashioned, scottish, getintaethum encouragement.
The usual howling abuse at every slack pass like a game vs st mirren at ER for example, then we've nae chance, aswell putting the tools away now.

I for one will be there decked in green n white, half cut, singing ma heart out, encouraging the team at every chance and prolly hurling some abuse at the mental slovenians.

Dont wanna start another argument, but if your in the south stand and sitting behind me, and your not a kid/auld yin/invalid, then you'll prolly have to stand a lot to see whats going on.

Lets support the team eh, we've all got our thoughts on last night, but we can either help the boys but encouraging them every bit of the way, or we can hinder them by moaning and screaming abuse everytime they dont play to spain standards.

We're all on here cos we love the hibs, no other reason (well daft yams excluded) lets show it on thursday.

Remind me, what was the score in the Athens game?

RoYO!
31-07-2010, 11:51 AM

Some are average players... They're not all averge- I think you'd agree with that?
Our strike pairing scored more goals than celtics top THREE scorers last season. How often can that be said? However we are about 5 1st team players away from being a good team capable of doing well in Europe (sneaking a euro group stage run) and league.

I DO think we are heading in the right direction tho. With no more infrastructure to build should hopefully see more and more investment in the team.

As someone rightly posted on another thread, stack, hogg, rankin and nish is not a good enough spine of a team. (sorry for no reference!)

Looking forward to thurs now tho! Let's have a go and hope that mentally the Slovenians are shaky/ finger pointers/ hissy fitters when it's not going well for them.

seanraff07
01-08-2010, 01:20 AM
I'm going and i may be sitting in the West but that isn't going to stop me from singing my heart out and i hope that at least a few around me are the same. We aren't out of this and i think that the AEK game will inspire Ian Murray, hopefully he can spread this round the rest of the team and be right ****ing up for this. GGTTH.