PDA

View Full Version : Stack, Hogg, Rankin & Nish, never the spine of a team!!!!

Fat Penlon
29-07-2010, 08:30 PM
As the title says, none of these are good enough! not last season and not for this season! if Hughes continues with these guys he will be the only one to blame when he gets the sack!

:grr:

Keith_M
29-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Well why do you keep picking them, ya Muppett!!!

:faf:

SRHibs
29-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Well why do you keep picking them, ya Muppett!!!

:faf:
:greengrin:greengrin

But yes Yogi, I agree with you.

Eganov
29-07-2010, 08:33 PM
As the title says, none of these are good enough! not last season and not for this season! if Hughes continues with these guys he will be the only one to blame when he gets the sack!

Too right. We've had plenty of time to see these players capabilities and draw our conclusions. Hogg needs to take the blame before yogi. By having Hogg on the field alongside those youngsters we're missing out on the opportunity of having a real player in there.

hibbybrian
29-07-2010, 08:33 PM

If it wasn't for Stack it could have been 6-0 :confused:

Fat Penlon
29-07-2010, 08:37 PM
If it wasn't for Stack it could have been 6-0 :confused:

Fair point mate i just think he ain't the answer, far to many injuries and couldnt organise a kids party never mind a back 4! Give Brown the No.1.

IMO

bighairyfaeleith
29-07-2010, 08:40 PM

John, you've just been ****ed all ways in europe, what the **** are you doing on hibs net?

Your right though

Winston Ingram
29-07-2010, 08:55 PM
I thought Stack was decent tonight:confused:

sauzee
29-07-2010, 08:59 PM

they've got the spine of a jelly fish,gutless *****

morris1
29-07-2010, 09:00 PM
If it wasnt for stack it would have been alot worse! :agree:

Tyler Durden
29-07-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm no taking the p#sh but what saves did Stack have? My connection kept jumping to javelin coverage. I saw maybe 2 good saves but nothing unexpected.

For me the 2nd goal should have been saved. He didn't adjust his feet & jump, he just collapsed back. Pathetic.

Anyway Yogi's tactics/selection cost us. What a tit he's made of himself with his ridiculous pre match comments re mind games and passing football.

sixtwo
29-07-2010, 09:18 PM
The op makes a valid point. Every one of the players mentioned is average at best, but reallistically, they are poor.

****wits who defend players just because the manager selects them and only realises or admits they are poor once they leave are no better than the jambo 'believers' we slag off daily!

Hogg is poor. He is slow, his passing ability is limited and as a leader he is a complete and utter embarrassment.

Rankin is rank. He is a wee waste of space. He is the definition of a headless chicken in football terms!

Nish. I feel bad slagging him. it is like mocking the afflicted. he tries hard but he just is not very good!

We deserve better. We already have better on the bench FFS!

PISTOL1875
29-07-2010, 09:50 PM
The op makes a valid point. Every one of the players mentioned is average at best, but reallistically, they are poor.

****wits who defend players just because the manager selects them and only realises or admits they are poor once they leave are no better than the jambo 'believers' we slag off daily!

Hogg is poor. He is slow, his passing ability is limited and as a leader he is a complete and utter embarrassment.

Rankin is rank. He is a wee waste of space. He is the definition of a headless chicken in football terms!

Nish. I feel bad slagging him. it is like mocking the afflicted. he tries hard but he just is not very good!

TBF to Nish , he was up top on his own with no support wotsoever.. He was doing a thankless task...

Springbank
29-07-2010, 09:52 PM

Agree with all of that.
And sad to say I agree with all three of the players singled out.

Squad fodder at best for a middle ranking SPL team.

Any upper echelon team playing these guys will find itself unsurprisingly in a relegation scrap.

And the bench was where all of our threat was. How many goals are they going to score from there???

I asked myself tonight, imagine Yogi's Falkirk of a couple of years ago turning up at ER with John Stewart up front and Stokes & Gow on the bench. I'd have been turning cartwheels.

A ridiculous and - lets be clear - a job-defining set of decisions from Yogi.

He's a Hibby thru and thru, and I think well of the big guy, but seriously, tonight and most of 2010 have shown there's a gulf between what he wants and what he can deliver for Hibs.

Hope it turns round and I'll be delighted to be shown wrong....

just_joe
29-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Stack in my opinion is the best keeper at the club and I was happy to see him start. If it wasn't for him the result would have been far worse. As for Nish he was up front on his own when is Yogi going to realise this doesn't work? Nish has proven hes got goals in him but IMO needs someone alongside him. he had no support/service whatsoever. the midfield was a shambles.

eastmainsmsh
29-07-2010, 10:10 PM
the slovenian tv was showing the wummins javellin was graham stack trying to catch them :grr:

yogi bought three keepers he shouldve played all 3 tonight ....

yogi is a fav of mine but really pissed off after tonights shambles

Sammy7nil
29-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Stack in my opinion is the best keeper at the club and I was happy to see him start. If it wasn't for him the result would have been far worse. As for Nish he was up front on his own when is Yogi going to realise this doesn't work? Nish has proven hes got goals in him but IMO needs someone alongside him. he had no support/service whatsoever. the midfield was a shambles.

Stack the Best keeper :boo hoo::boo hoo:

3 picks and he is the best :boo hoo:

Not just Yogi but Collins Mowbray and Mixu

ALL FAILED IN BUYING A KEEPER

If Stack is our "best" Be Afraid be Very Afraid

KiddA
29-07-2010, 10:23 PM

Yeah you are spot on, god only knows why Yogi did not pick our two top scorers from last season f###ing frustrating to say the least. The bottom line is Yogi will be out a job if he keeps persisting with the likes of Hogg Rankin and Nish to name three. Stack was mince too and I agree he was in no mans land for the second goal falling on his arse. If I was Yogi I would drop Hogg bring in the young laddie Stephens and also give Brown a run in the goal. Yet this will never happen as Yogi seems to think Hogg is an great captain and leader. Rankin is just a waste of space his square pass at the start of the game was a joke and almost caused a goal but he gave the ball away all game like that, he is like watching a school boy play thats only just started playing the game. Nish just can't get a break but to play him on his own up front is a joke on Yogi's behalf. Nish has no pace poor touch and I don't think he had one shot on goal all night. I may be wrong on that one I think he had a header.

What I also cannot understand is the whole possession game we pass it at the back and its like the ball is a hot potato as soon as we get in anyones attacking third we piss it away.

I hope Yogi makes a few needed changes and the board back him or this season could be very long :boo hoo:

SneakersO'Toole
30-07-2010, 08:04 AM
People are being extremely harsh on Stack IMO. If it wasn't for him we would be coming home with a 5 goal deficit rather than 3. He had no chance with any of the goals either.

As for the other players, people will be looking at this thread and thinking 'here we go, another Rankin, Hogg bashing blah blah'.

But instead of turning this into a bashing thread of which we've had dozens, we don't people come on here and state what it is exactly these players contribute to the team? I doubt you'll find this one turning into a 10+ page thread if thats the case.

Craig_in_Prague
30-07-2010, 08:26 AM
If I were Deeks or Stokes, and I found out I was on the bench and Nish was playing ahead of me, I'd be on the phone to my agent trying to get a move.

Hogg is just plain poor. Can't believe we haven't improved our defence, we look like leaking goals every time a team cross into our half.

Stack isn't the worse keeper and I would feel sorry for any keeper with what's defending in front of them at Hibs.

Rankin should removed the last 2 letters of his surname and that's about all can be said about him.

We're a poor outfit with a manager who just doesn't have a clue really.

RoscoHibby
30-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Re. the Stack comments, think folk are being a little harsh on him.

Not trying to be controversial, but I reckon Makalambay would've saved everyone of those shots that cost us goals last night, just my opinion.

Not for a moment saying he wouldn't have let in 4 through his legs, just think he would'nt have been chipped twice and would have the reach to get to the 3rd.

Aldo
30-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Have to agree with the OP however you can take Stack out of the list IMHO. Didnt stand a chance with the 1st 2 goals (which were avoidable IMHO).

Hogg cannot defend and TBH I have been a fan of his and support him on this board loads but sorry not good enough/

Rankin not good enough. Headless chicken

Nish sorry but he was asked to play a specific role last night which TBH he was unable to do. Nish needs other players around him to get the best out of him. We as a team need 2 x CH's that can defend ENDOF.

NO more forwards and more defenders.

Speedway
30-07-2010, 09:59 AM
If I were Deeks or Stokes, and I found out I was on the bench and Nish was playing ahead of me, I'd be on the phone to my agent trying to get a move.

Hogg is just plain poor. Can't believe we haven't improved our defence, we look like leaking goals every time a team cross into our half.

Stack isn't the worse keeper and I would feel sorry for any keeper with what's defending in front of them at Hibs.

Rankin should removed the last 2 letters of his surname and that's about all can be said about him.

We're a poor outfit with a manager who just doesn't have a clue really.

Are defenders not 66% of all our summer signings made so far?

Re. the Stack comments, think folk are being a little harsh on him.

Not trying to be controversial, but I reckon Makalambay would've saved everyone of those shots that cost us goals last night, just my opinion.

Not for a moment saying he wouldn't have let in 4 through his legs, just think he would'nt have been chipped twice and would have the reach to get to the 3rd.

He also would have chucked a few in for good measure.

I bet Maribor couldn't believe how slow we were last night.

Craig_in_Prague
30-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Are defenders not 66% of all our summer signings made so far?

He also would have chucked a few in for good measure.

I bet Maribor couldn't believe how slow we were last night.

I actually meant since we signed him, what, 5-6 years ago?
Usually you improve your team bit by bit, yet he's been in the defence now for a good few years, yet he's gash IMHO.
so yes, i'm surprised we haven't improved on him, he's stil playing and is also captain. :grr:

I know we have signed players, but IMO we're not improved.

We'll continue leaking goals and Hughes seems to continue cocking up what good forward players we do have.

Season aint even started and we're in for a long one.

Expecting Rain
30-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Hogg,Rankin and Nish for all their paper talk will never be good enough for Hibs, it is bad enough when only one of them is playing, all three in the starting line up always seems to suggest that it is going to be a long 90 minutes, the argument that Nish should start before Stokes is laughable even more so the reason being put forward that he is more physical i`ve yet to see evidence of this, he was bullied by the Irvine Meadow centre half, as for the other two don`t get me started.