PDA

View Full Version : yogi '' I got it wrong''

sixtwo
29-07-2010, 08:14 PM
In hindsight, it was a bad decision to start with the worst striker we currently have in our squad. deeks and stokes both have far superior strike rates than nish but I thought I'd muck about a bit with the biggest game in 2 years. sorry.
Bamba is without a doubt our best defender but i dropped him because we are gonna sell him anyway and we might get more money if he is not cup tied in europe. A french club might lose interest.

It is completely unlikely our gaffer will come out and be as honest as this so I thought i would instead!

declan macmanus
29-07-2010, 08:28 PM
In hindsight, it was a bad decision to start with the worst striker we currently have in our squad. deeks and stokes both have far superior strike rates than nish but I thought I'd muck about a bit with the biggest game in 2 years. sorry.
Bamba is without a doubt our best defender but i dropped him because we are gonna sell him anyway and we might get more money if he is not cup tied in europe. A french club might lose interest.

It is completely unlikely our gaffer will come out and be as honest as this so I thought i would instead!

You were doing so well until you mentioned Bamba :yawn:

Pete70
29-07-2010, 08:29 PM
fair assessment my friend. Big mistake by Yogi tonight

hibees_green
29-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Thank goodness we're suited to the European style of play. Would hate to think what the score would have been if we weren't.

Sammy7nil
29-07-2010, 08:34 PM
I wanted Yogi to be good he is not

With players he has he should be capable organisation but we are all over the shop

We dont have quality to pass the ball and give it away that resulted in 2 goals tonight

Honestly there is not another manager in SPL who could not set us up better

To leave 50 goals on the bench when all we are good at is scoring is criminal

16 goals lost against Hamilton Motherwell and St J away from home Who would bet against that again ?

blairwallace
29-07-2010, 08:43 PM
didn't mr mowbray say something similar before he got the sack from celtic? :bye:

erin-go-bragh87
29-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Simply the best.... Excellent post mate, exactly how I feel about the whole thing.

sixtwo
29-07-2010, 08:47 PM

With players he has he should be capable organisation but we are all over the shop

We dont have quality to pass the ball and give it away that resulted in 2 goals tonight

16 goals lost against Hamilton Motherwell and St J away from home Who would bet against that again ?

away goals are so vital.

I can see what yogi was trying to do, he wanted to keep it tight n give us a chance back at easter road but it backfired badly tonight.

we should have gone there and played our game and made them adapt to us. whats the worst that could have happenned??? not worse than tonights result anyway!

I am pretty sure we would have got a goal with our best attacking team on from the start!

I'm not angry with tonights performance, just disappointed!

Sweep
29-07-2010, 09:02 PM
away goals are so vital.

I can see what yogi was trying to do, he wanted to keep it tight n give us a chance back at easter road but it backfired badly tonight.

we should have gone there and played our game and made them adapt to us. whats the worst that could have happenned??? not worse than tonights result anyway!

I am pretty sure we would have got a goal with our best attacking team on from the start!

I'm not angry with tonights performance, just disappointed!

Im angry. Im angry for the guys who went to all the trouble to go there and im angry for the fans who couldnt make it. Although not much is known about this team ( Maribor) it doesnt hide the fact that our MAIN strikeforce was left on the bench. No away goals will cost us dear at ER come next thursday. "I made a mistake" is not good enough when there is no europe for us. We need new players at hibs. We have signed one midfielder and a right back of any note and an under 19 defender and people are happy. I fear the worst for next season. :grr:

sixtwo
29-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Im angry. Im angry for the guys who went to all the trouble to go there and im angry for the fans who couldnt make it. Although not much is known about this team ( Maribor) it doesnt hide the fact that our MAIN strikeforce was left on the bench. No away goals will cost us dear at ER come next thursday. "I made a mistake" is not good when there is no europe for us. We need new players at hibs. We have signed one midfielder and a right back of any note and an under 19 defender and people are happy. I fear the worst for next season. :grr:

There is no reason to fear the worst. I genuinely feel we will not face a tougher game this season than we did tonight. We were behind this team in terms of preperatio and sharpness and that is a severe dissadvantage when you are playing against a quality team. Maribor are a good team. They have won their league several times and have a lot of european experience. I did not expect a good result tonight.

What I did expect is for us to give itt a go and give ourselves a chance. we never really done that.

personally, i think we will do well n the league this year. We have a settled squad and if we can shore up the defence we have every right to expect a good season!

Cabbage_Patch
29-07-2010, 09:41 PM
There is no reason to fear the worst. I genuinely feel we will not face a tougher game this season than we did tonight. We were behind this team in terms of preperatio and sharpness and that is a severe dissadvantage when you are playing against a quality team. Maribor are a good team. They have won their league several times and have a lot of european experience. I did not expect a good result tonight.

What I did expect is for us to give itt a go and give ourselves a chance. we never really done that.

personally, i think we will do well n the league this year. We have a settled squad and if we can shore up the defence we have every right to expect a good season!

Good to be optimistic mate but i also fear the worst. I dont think we will be fighting relegation or anything but i feel we will struggle for the top 6. Hughes tactically made a massive cock up tonight. He leaves not only last seasons top scorer on the bench in Stokes but Riordan aswell!. Did Hughes watch our pre season games!? Riordan has been playing out his skin pre season and scored in every game. Why he made the decision to bench them and opt for a 4 5 1 nobody knows but Hughes. Seriously though if he had played 4 4 2 tonight whats the worst that could have happened? we might have still been beaten but I think we would have at least got an away goal out of it maybe 2. I totally gutted and dissapointed tonight, most of all with Hughes's blatant lack of belief in his own team. The negative formation hurt us

Bad Martini
29-07-2010, 09:48 PM
I would say, in spite of all my posts tonight, the one thing Hughes DID get right was dropping Bamba.

Turn up for work, get paid, enjoy the plaudits and reap the rewards.

Dinny bother and err, dinny bother.

Professional fitba players areny paid peanuts, even at Hibs. It's no a kickaboot. So turn up for work. If ye canny dae that, piss off. We're no pissing aboot here and I see no reason why we should BE pissed aboot by ANYONE.

There's five players come close and another handful in a similar God-like strati to claim to be close but NOBODY, NOBODY, is bigger than the club. Certainly not Sol Bamba. Fact. Ironically, some of the afforementioned LEGENDS wouldn't have dreamed of ****ing on Hibs and not turning up for work or having no work ethic or a bad attitude..................

ENDOF

sh00byd00
29-07-2010, 09:53 PM
I would hope any manager would have done the same regarding Bamba. The guy has little or no interest playing for our club. Good player, **** attitude.

sixtwo
29-07-2010, 10:01 PM
I would hope any manager would have done the same regarding Bamba. The guy has little or no interest playing for our club. Good player, **** attitude.

I am not sure if i agree. I think it suits hibs if there is a public disagreement. As much as I hope this isn't the case, i can't help think that the breakdown in communication regarding his return, came from the hibs end.

It suits us to sell an international player worth £1m+ before he enters his last year of his contract. The player is also more valuable / marketable, if he is not cup tied or injured.

If bamba played tonight, he could have been injured and would have been cup tied.

I would not be surprised to learn that it was the boards plan to stop him playing tonight.

I will be surprised if sol is in our squad next season

gillythehibby
29-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Most of the comments here are bang on. The one thing that does my head in is this constant crap
about playing NOT to get beat away in europe rather than playing to win. It's a ****ing disease this 4-5-1 nonsense..
The worst thing you can do is hand the initiative to the opposing team right from the off and we set our stall up to do just that. You have to play your best players and play to your strengths. We did not kow enough
about this team to hand them so much respect. Playing W'spoon out of position for example just takes the piss
BTW and certainly does not help us. Yogi, I am running out of excuses for you mate !!

gillythehibby
29-07-2010, 10:13 PM
I am not sure if i agree. I think it suits hibs if there is a public disagreement. As much as I hope this isn't the case, i can't help think that the breakdown in communication regarding his return, came from the hibs end.

It suits us to sell an international player worth £1m+ before he enters his last year of his contract. The player is also more valuable / marketable, if he is not cup tied or injured.

If bamba played tonight, he could have been injured and would have been cup tied.

I would not be surprised to learn that it was the boards plan to stop him playing tonight.

I will be surprised if sol is in our squad next season

I spoke to Stokes on tuesday and he suggested that Bamba was sure in his own head that he would'nt
even be coming back to Hibs after the WC. The only thing about it was that Hibs had not had 1 single offer for him.
bamba's head a wee bit too big ATM me thinks. We might not be able to get rid right now.

Davy Mac
29-07-2010, 10:15 PM
We're not good enough to be clever at this level.

We needed to play our best players from the start and hoped to god we got away with a 1-0 or summit, but I have to say I was truly and utterly gobsmacked by that team selection tonight, I really was.

IMO Yogi needs to stop trying to be clever and play our best team , in the right positions and stop trying to outfox the fox.

I like Yogi, I really do but he disnae half piss you off sometimes.

erskine-hibby
29-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Most of the comments here are bang on. The one thing that does my head in is this constant crap
about playing NOT to get beat away in europe rather than playing to win. It's a ****ing disease this 4-5-1 nonsense..
The worst thing you can do is hand the initiative to the opposing team right from the off and we set our stall up to do just that. You have to play your best players and play to your strengths. We did not kow enough
about this team to hand them so much respect. Playing W'spoon out of position for example just takes the piss
BTW and certainly does not help us. Yogi, I am running out of excuses for you mate !!

:agree:
Defending is the worst part of our game yet we set up to defend?????

ekhibee
29-07-2010, 11:11 PM
To me, Hughes biggest mistake on the night was probably not bringing on Riordan and Stokes earlier when Maribor seemed to be so much in command. But to be quite honest, even though I totally agree with the reasons for omitting Bamba, and if I'd been manager I would have done the same, if you're setting out a team to defend for long periods of the game, and that's what Hughes seemed to do, Bamba, one of our better defenders, needed to be there. Personally, I would have given Thicot a chance at centre half, and dropped Hogg altogether but that's history. And yes, I do worry about the forthcoming season, because as someone has already said, the same problems still seem to exist in the team. Our defence, at the moment just isn't good enough, Hogg just hasn't got it, and it is starting to have a detrimental effect on Hanlon too. Now there is real pressure on ALL the team, the strikers have to score at least 3 goals against this team to just take it to extra time, and the team as a whole will have to put in an exceptional performance, which for the most part last season, they just didn't seem capable of. After all that, I really hope we can put ourselves in with a chance next week, because THAT kind of performance would give us all something tangible to look forward to, and hopefully we could kick on from there. But we'll see.

Dalianwanda
29-07-2010, 11:34 PM

Totally agree :top marks............was watching the telly and we had 66% of the ball in the first half..Fair enough we did **** all with it in terms of shots..Only thing that let down our passing game was a bit of sharpness imo..Next week with deeks and Stokes on we will give a better account.......

Dalianwanda
29-07-2010, 11:36 PM
I would say, in spite of all my posts tonight, the one thing Hughes DID get right was dropping Bamba.

Turn up for work, get paid, enjoy the plaudits and reap the rewards.

Dinny bother and err, dinny bother.

Professional fitba players areny paid peanuts, even at Hibs. It's no a kickaboot. So turn up for work. If ye canny dae that, piss off. We're no pissing aboot here and I see no reason why we should BE pissed aboot by ANYONE.

There's five players come close and another handful in a similar God-like strati to claim to be close but NOBODY, NOBODY, is bigger than the club. Certainly not Sol Bamba. Fact. Ironically, some of the afforementioned LEGENDS wouldn't have dreamed of ****ing on Hibs and not turning up for work or having no work ethic or a bad attitude..................

ENDOF
:agree:

1950's hibbie
30-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Its late here had a few beers, but I am so tired of hearing Yams tck tock, cannae pay wages, cannae sign players. And then late as it may be to sign in to see how we done today. Well we got whipped three nothing, helluva hill top climb to get bajk. We made Europe but thats good news bad news. I am not sure, and I admit I have imbibed, but what strategy leaves out Deek and Stokes for a big game. But thats why I am in Canada drunk and not running Hibs.

proud_and_green
30-07-2010, 11:38 AM

Absolutely agree with this. I never realised until recently that you couldn't have a team that could defend and score goals!!! Its a complicated thing this. Perhaps we should go down the american football route and have two teams for every game, when you go a goal down you put on your attack, when you're winning you put on your defence. Not sure what would happen in no score though.

aberhibsfc
30-07-2010, 11:49 AM

personally, i think we will do well n the league this year. We have a settled squad and if we can shore up the defence we have every right to expect a good season! :agree:

Still think we should be toughening up the defence and defensive midfield.

GreenPJ
30-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Good to be optimistic mate but i also fear the worst. I dont think we will be fighting relegation or anything but i feel we will struggle for the top 6. Hughes tactically made a massive cock up tonight. He leaves not only last seasons top scorer on the bench in Stokes but Riordan aswell!. Did Hughes watch our pre season games!? Riordan has been playing out his skin pre season and scored in every game. Why he made the decision to bench them and opt for a 4 5 1 nobody knows but Hughes. Seriously though if he had played 4 4 2 tonight whats the worst that could have happened? we might have still been beaten but I think we would have at least got an away goal out of it maybe 2. I totally gutted and dissapointed tonight, most of all with Hughes's blatant lack of belief in his own team. The negative formation hurt us

How do you come to this conclusion? What aspects of there defence did you see that was weak?

Scottish teams have been poor in Europe for years now and one of the biggest criticisms is they don't play the European way (I would bet you that Maribor would have taken a Yogi approach if the first leg had been away). Our bigget issue is not that we played 4-5-1 but that our lone striker cannot/did not have the physical presence to be a nuisance and hold the ball up. I might add that Stokes and Riordan would suffer from the same problem.

I am of course disappointed but we don't have a huge amount of european experience of late, we were up against a team who came second in their league and have European experience of late.

I am possibly naively optimistic that if we can get one goal in the first 20 mins then we might be in with a sniff.

Keith_M
30-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Yogi is quoted as saying that the team is still short in a number of areas, so at least he does recognise this. The tactics he used may have been sound if we had the players to play those tactics.

To work the 4-5-1 system, controlling the ball and using a lone striker, you need players who can actually hold on to the ball and not give it away in silly areas. You also need a mobile lone striker who can hold on to the ball long enough (inferring good ball control) for supporting midfielders to catch up.

Hibs just either don't have the players for that kind of game or, in the case of the striker role, the wrong player was picked. You can take two views here: Blame the players we have for their obvious deficiencies or blame the manager for not recognising it and going with those tactics regardless. I'm not sure at the moment but going with a bit of both just now.

As an aside, congratulations to Motherwell on a good result. Just shows that Scottish teams with limited means can do reasonably well in Europe with the right manager at the helm.

sambajustice
30-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Look,

we're crap, the Yam Bams are crap, Celtc are crap the Huns are crap, SCOTTISH FITBA' IS CRAP!!!

Its never going to change because not enough money is spent on sport as a whole in this country! There's no facilities, there's no coaches, there's no desire. the same can be said of England I suppose. Scottish Football is pretty much dead.

The blazers (masons) at the SFA will never give up their jobs because its too much money for them. You need football people in charge, Platini, Beckenbauer guys like that! John Collins might have been a fairly pish manager for Hibs but he has all the right football philosophy's, work ethic, discilpline, etc etc. I've heard him on the TV saying that we're never going to get better until we start getting comfortable on the ball. Get the kids from day 1 passing and moving. He was basically slating the football culture in this country but he was 100% right! Get him in the SFA, Pat Nevin, there must be loads of guys who have played to a high level, football people for football jobs!

Scottish football is proper cack, we've stood still while every other country in Europe just about is moving forward!

Thats more of a rant about Scotland than Hibs but it still all relevant.

sesoim
31-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Look,

we're crap, the Yam Bams are crap, Celtc are crap the Huns are crap, SCOTTISH FITBA' IS CRAP!!!

Its never going to change because not enough money is spent on sport as a whole in this country! There's no facilities, there's no coaches, there's no desire. the same can be said of England I suppose. Scottish Football is pretty much dead.

The blazers (masons) at the SFA will never give up their jobs because its too much money for them. You need football people in charge, Platini, Beckenbauer guys like that! John Collins might have been a fairly pish manager for Hibs but he has all the right football philosophy's, work ethic, discilpline, etc etc. I've heard him on the TV saying that we're never going to get better until we start getting comfortable on the ball. Get the kids from day 1 passing and moving. He was basically slating the football culture in this country but he was 100% right! Get him in the SFA, Pat Nevin, there must be loads of guys who have played to a high level, football people for football jobs!

Scottish football is proper cack, we've stood still while every other country in Europe just about is moving forward!

Thats more of a rant about Scotland than Hibs but it still all relevant.

The thing is, you mention money, but Scotland is still one of the richest countries in the world. However, I do think we have a lot of imposters in charge of football. Scotland produces a lot more great managers than it should, we obviouly have people that understand football, so why do we have these fat administrators in charge at the SFA who just want to sit at tables with their tea and biscuits talking **** all day?

Personally, I think we have to come up with our OWN style of football in Scotland - passing and possession doesn't work well in our wintertime and most of us do prefer to watch a faster more physical style, so why can't we develop a hybrid style that suits us and still gets results?

sesoim
31-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Yogi is quoted as saying that the team is still short in a number of areas, so at least he does recognise this. The tactics he used may have been sound if we had the players to play those tactics.

To work the 4-5-1 system, controlling the ball and using a lone striker, you need players who can actually hold on to the ball and not give it away in silly areas. You also need a mobile lone striker who can hold on to the ball long enough (inferring good ball control) for supporting midfielders to catch up.

Hibs just either don't have the players for that kind of game or, in the case of the striker role, the wrong player was picked. You can take two views here: Blame the players we have for their obvious deficiencies or blame the manager for not recognising it and going with those tactics regardless. I'm not sure at the moment but going with a bit of both just now.

As an aside, congratulations to Motherwell on a good result. Just shows that Scottish teams with limited means can do reasonably well in Europe with the right manager at the helm.

I would have expected a target man to be one our prioroities along with a quality CB, but we haven't signed either yet. I shouldn't really be surprised though, I haven't got a clue what is going on in Hughes' head, but he seems to think that passing is the only thing you need to do to win matches.

Phil D. Rolls
31-07-2010, 12:58 PM
fair assessment my friend. Big mistake by Yogi tonight

I think we are getting to the stage where he has very few "get out of jail" cards left.

basehibby
31-07-2010, 02:35 PM

Congratulations on the most thick headed knee jerk post of the week.
OK, Yogi didn't get it right - he should have started Deeks in a deep role IMO and needs to enforce a more pragmatic approach in the balance between passing the ball out from defence and blootering it to safety when necessary.

But did he get it wrong in starting with Nish? NO - not IMO - Stokes scores more goals but has neither the height nor the workrate to be very effective as a lone striker.

Did he get it wrong with Bamba? Absolutely categorically NO - the guy has apparently taken the pish out of the club with his recent behaviour, showing zero respect to his teammates, the manager or us, the fans - added to that his fitness must be in severe doubt given that he's missed the entire pre-season - and YOU think Yogi should have just ignored all this and played him anyway - thank **** you're no in charge! :bye::asshole:

snooky
31-07-2010, 02:36 PM

He must have had a bet on a Maribor home victory. That's the only logical conclusion I can come to. Welcome to Cuckooland, lads :crazy:.

Hibby 2005
31-07-2010, 10:29 PM
I reckon Petrie is already keeping a very close eye on Yogi.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2010, 06:17 AM

Bollocks.........

Nish is actually the fifth all time scorer in the SPL, still dont let your lack of knowledge come into the equation.....

As for Bamba, he took the piss out of the club ans supporter's and was way behind the rest of the team in terms of fitness, and you want him to walk straight back in..... :bye:

hibsbollah
01-08-2010, 06:26 AM
Nish is actually the fifth all time scorer in the SPL

...Just in case any evidence was needed that statistics dont tell anybody anything.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2010, 06:28 AM
...Just in case any evidence was needed that statistics dont tell anybody anything.

Tells me that Nish is far better than people give him credit for.....

hibsbollah
01-08-2010, 06:43 AM

Fair enough.

I think he's got a terrible touch, is slow, can't stand up to a tackle despite being big enough, cant stay on his feet and is no good in the air despite his height. One game out of 5 or 6 he pulls out a half-decent performance, and maybe 3 games a season he pulls out an excellent performance out of the blue at SPL level.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Fair enough.

I think he's got a terrible touch, is slow, can't stand up to a tackle despite being big enough, cant stay on his feet and is no good in the air despite his height. One game out of 5 or 6 he pulls out a half-decent performance, and maybe 3 games a season he pulls out an excellent performance out of the blue at SPL level.

That's the spirit, a nice negative post on one of our players......:bye:

hibsbollah
01-08-2010, 06:56 AM

:confused:

Ray_
01-08-2010, 06:59 AM

basehibby "But did he get it wrong in starting with Nish? NO - not IMO"

Agree with the comments regarding Bamba, however, never in a million years has CN got the ability or aptitude to be a lone forward. The main characteristics a lone striker needs is to be strong and bully the opposition, they need to be able to hold up the ball and make runs in to the channels, CN, despite his size, is incapable of playing in that way.

I would agree that Stokes & Riordan wouldn’t be any better in that role, but then why play that system if you don’t have players to do so. It is much the same as the passing game, half the team are currently unable to pass the ball, highlighted by the amount of times we give the ball away & the opposition are presented with goal scoring opportunities. Until he gets players who have the ability to play the way he wants, JH needs to play to the strengths of the players he has.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2010, 07:20 AM
:confused:

why are you confused, you have just ripped the big man up, or did you think it was a positive post?

hibsbollah
01-08-2010, 07:28 AM
why are you confused, you have just ripped the big man up, or did you think it was a positive post?

I just don't see the need for the :bye:. I've explained the faults in Nish's game. If all Hibs fans must think all Hibs players are wonderful all the time theres really no point having messageboards at all:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2010, 07:56 AM
I just don't see the need for the :bye:. I've explained the faults in Nish's game. If all Hibs fans must think all Hibs players are wonderful all the time theres really no point having messageboards at all:rolleyes:

There are faults in every players game, but Nish constantly gets singled out unfairly for criticism.... Does my nut in!!!!!!!

Why not just try backing the team as a collective, that would be refreshing wouldn't it?

Ray_
01-08-2010, 09:28 AM
There are faults in every players game, but Nish constantly gets singled out unfairly for criticism.... Does my nut in!!!!!!!

Why not just try backing the team as a collective, that would be refreshing wouldn't it?

It is far better for people to express their views/concerns/frustrations on a message board rather than at a game.

sixtwo
01-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Bollocks.........

Nish is actually the fifth all time scorer in the SPL, still dont let your lack of knowledge come into the equation.....

As for Bamba, he took the piss out of the club ans supporter's and was way behind the rest of the team in terms of fitness, and you want him to walk straight back in..... :bye:

I never said nish wasn't on the all time scoring chart. I was alluding to the fact that the two other strikers we had at our disposal are far more potent. I am not having a dig at Nish, I'm highlighting the fact he is least likely to score out of our three strikers available for that game!

You are entitled to your opinion though, even if it is *****!:wink:

The fact nish is on that list is a good thing. I'm delighted for the big guy but it doesn't tell the whole story.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I never said nish wasn't on the all time scoring chart. I was alluding to the fact that the two other strikers we had at our disposal are far more potent. I am not having a dig at Nish, I'm highlighting the fact he is least likely to score out of our three strikers available for that game!

You are entitled to your opinion though, even if it is *****!:wink:

The fact nish is on that list is a good thing. I'm delighted for the big guy but it doesn't tell the whole story.

Nish offered height to defend corners and set pieces also..... The stick he takes is nothing short of pathetic

hibs0666
01-08-2010, 06:33 PM

With the exception of Stack the whole first team is playing cack at the moment.

ekhibee
01-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Bollocks.........

Nish might be the fifth all time scorer in the SPL but he's probably not even the 50th top scorer at Hibs. I would never question his effort, but loads of questions on his ability, which to me is very limited. If you think he's good fair enough, but don't let stats get in the way of the truth.

Captain Trips
02-08-2010, 07:58 AM
No matter what Yogi set up a team to not conceed many goals, a tactic IMO that I do not like at the best of times. It was setup with players again whom I think are not capable of that type of performance in midfield and defefence.

If you are going to play that way then you surely have to be thinking about what you will do counter attack wise now Im not here to have a go at Nish but for me never a player for that role and it looks like that wasnt even the role given so for Yogi not to even be looking at countering seriously was also an error.

1-0 or even 2-0 I would say he had pulled it off but not 3-0, for me tactics wrong, didnt work and now we are in the horrible position of needing to go forward and not make any mistakes something we do all to often. He should have had more belief in Stokes, Riordan or them both and played to our strengths, I am not for 1 minute saying we would have won but we would certainly have had a better chance of a goal which is vital in Euroupe. Anyone though can easily say we could have lost 4-0 or 5-0 if we played these 2 and I cannot say thats not case but I can say it may have been 2-1 or 3-2 nobody knows. What is for sure we lost 3-0 with a formation set up to totally to avoid such a scoreline and it simply did not work.

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Nish might be the fifth all time scorer in the SPL but he's probably not even the 50th top scorer at Hibs. I would never question his effort, but loads of questions on his ability, which to me is very limited. If you think he's good fair enough, but don't let stats get in the way of the truth.

But the stats are the truth though, he is 5th top scorer in SPL history......

If he is as bad as he is portrayed on this message board, how has he managed to perform for two SPL clubs, quite a decent level to play at would you not agree?

hibsbollah
03-08-2010, 11:35 AM
But the stats are the truth though, he is 5th top scorer in SPL history......

In WW1 after they introduced metal helmets for the troops, incidences of head injuries increased. Does this mean that metal helmets are unsafe, or could there have been another explanation?:stirrer:

Baldy Foghorn
03-08-2010, 11:47 AM
In WW1 after they introduced metal helmets for the troops, incidences of head injuries increased. Does this mean that metal helmets are unsafe, or could there have been another explanation?:stirrer:

Was not talking about WW1 though so do not get your attempted comparison...... Nice try though

sixtwo
05-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Was not talking about WW1 though so do not get your attempted comparison...... Nice try though

Lets not bring the ww1 into it, we all know this was won single handedly by hearts players! the only reason we wear poppies is to honour hearts players.

going back to the op an the points raised. do the fuds who said bamba should not have been reinstated stand by their view? was yogi right to go with nish up front?

yogi ****ed up!

we missed out on a great journey because yogi (the blessing celtic fan) was ignorant enough to **** up our european chances! nish on his own indeed, hand your ****ing big stoopid head!

bring in someone new and let a good manager with experience give us somethin to cheer about

we have a budget that has seen us bring in players from the old fim and ex premiership players! the bord has backed us with players like riordan, millar, de graaf and murray. jc delivered more with less, he gave us a cup on a shoestring budget! a good (or experienced) manager would raise the bar and deliver more than yogi!