29-07-2010, 08:10 PM
out of everything tonight this guy was terrible i mean terrible :grr:

Ritchie
29-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Have to agree :agree:

Scooter
29-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Have to agree :agree:
Ritchie im not normal one for slating player but he was horrendous. He set the tone early on he was the first misplaced pass and thats all he done all night

Eganov
29-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Yeah Rankin is terrible. Although the occasion tolerable performance gets him plaudits with the Fans. Regardless, he's mince and should leave.

For me though, the problem lies with Hogg. How can a player of his "quality" captain, inspire and mentor those players. They are all better than him. Sorry, don't care how nice a guy he is. He needs to go

Judas Iscariot
29-07-2010, 08:21 PM
He's ****ing crap..

He has less football ability than a pile of shaved pubic hair..

How he still is a starter for us is ****ing frightening...

Wouldn't get a game for any other team in the SPL that have aspirations of being top 6 never mind top 3..

PlSH

KWJ
29-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Murray was the stand out pish for me. Skinned and totally out of position all too often. Doesn't have the pace to get back once he's pushed up.

SRHibs
29-07-2010, 08:22 PM
We have an awful player in each position:-

Stack/Smith - Awful (Hopefully Brown will be better)
Hogg - Awful
Rankin - Absolutely Awful
Nish - Awful

We're never going to do well in Europe with that calibre of player in the first team.

Don Giovanni
29-07-2010, 08:24 PM
:agree Poor. But by no means the only one.

Lost count the number of times weve given away cheap possession.
Rankin, Soony, McBride and even Hanlon (whose passing is normally pretty decent) were all guilty of giving away possession in dangerous areas.

marinello59
29-07-2010, 08:24 PM

Congratulations. You managed to start a thread slaughtering one of our players before we had even finished playing our first competitive match.
Go on then, how did Rankin in particular cost us the game?

Miller33
29-07-2010, 08:25 PM
John Rankin is absolutely hurrendous, always has been and always will be, him and Chris Hogg can get themselves to ****! :grr:

SRHibs
29-07-2010, 08:26 PM
It's not Rankin's fault necessarily. I mean, he's terrible, but Yogi is out of his mind if he thinks players like Rankin and Hogg have the ability to pass the ball around our own half without making any errors.

tam4hibs
Murray was the stand out pish for me. Skinned and totally out of position all too often. Doesn't have the pace to get back once he's pushed up.

Agree on the Rankin front... cant believe he seems to be first on the team sheet every week. I would also see McBride sliding into this category.

But, (and i expect pelters for this), Murray was also in the awful bracket tonight. :rolleyes:
Mr 100% and one of my top players - hasnt kicked a ball since february.

Scooter
forget the rest rankin was murder.

im not blaming him for the loss but he and yogi need a long hard look at themselves

bighairyfaeleith
Congratulations. You managed to start a thread slaughtering one of our players before we had even finished playing our first competitive match.

By being absolutely ****ing *****, seriously, what is good about rankin?

DaveF
Rankin was ordinary - just like a whole lot of others.

Still, the knee jerkers need someone to blame I suppose.

Scooter
29-07-2010, 08:27 PM

thanks very much what do i win?

did i say he cost us the game?? please read

Cod Boy

correct beat 3.0 lets blame rankin

HibbyAndy
De Graaf...Did he touch the ball tonight?..One player i was choking to see turn it on tonight giving his high profile, Sadly never done anything for me.

marinello59
29-07-2010, 08:29 PM
thanks very much what do i win?

did i say he cost us the game?? please read

You felt the need to jerk your knee at him in particular though. So surely you feel he was a major factor in our downfall tonight.

Scooter
29-07-2010, 08:30 PM
what is knee jerk about watchting a game and commenting fact that for 90mins Rankin was murder

Scooter
29-07-2010, 08:31 PM
You felt the need to jerk your knee at him in particular though. So surely you feel he was a major factor in our downfall tonight.

No, i really do believe you win and lose as a team. as bad as he was he wasnt helped by his colleagues

Mikeystewart
29-07-2010, 08:33 PM

When people have been saying he is murder for 2 and a half years it ceases to be a knee jerk reaction. Rankin has a good touch, can run for a long time and hit a ball very far. Those are only three of the attributes required by a player in his position. You can wear your heart on your sleeve and run non stop. but the bottom line is.,... if you aint good enough you should play simples

Hibstrooper
29-07-2010, 08:34 PM
De Graaf...Did he touch the ball tonight?..One player i was choking to see turn it on tonight giving his high profile, Sadly never done anything for me.

I thought De Graaf was our only midfielder who would actually turn and run with the ball tonight. Even Wotherspoon would rather pass it back to the same guy he just received it from. Most of our best chances came from when De Graaf was involved and took it past a player or two

Winston Ingram
29-07-2010, 08:52 PM

He is terrible full stop. I can't understand why someone like Hughes who claims to want his teams to play football and keep possession insists on playing him cos he works hard. He gives away the ball more often than he wins it:grr:

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2010, 07:25 AM
Yeah Rankin is terrible. Although the occasion tolerable performance gets him plaudits with the Fans. Regardless, he's mince and should leave.

For me though, the problem lies with Hogg. How can a player of his "quality" captain, inspire and mentor those players. They are all better than him. Sorry, don't care how nice a guy he is. He needs to go

I agree with this and most of the other posts. I dont have anything against the likes of Rankin, Hogg etc, but their limitations are apparent to all by now, and its difficult to see how we can improve with them as first picks.

Fine servant though he has been (hun sabbatical aside) its clear that Murrays legs have gone (and I mean Ian here) and he needs replacing at l.b.

SneakersO'Toole
30-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Same old Rankin tonight.

What staggers me is that we have been saying this for ages yet our management can't see it.

How many games is it going to take Hughes to realise that Rankin contributes nothing to the team? 30+ games last season and you could count on 1 hand how many games he got pass marks.

He is not good enough to be in the first 11 of a team wanting to challenge for 3rd, domestic cups etc. He's barely good enough for a bottom six SPL team.

HibbyAndy
30-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Same old Rankin tonight.

What staggers me is that we have been saying this for ages yet our management can't see it.

How many games is it going to take Hughes to realise that Rankin contributes nothing to the team? 30+ games last season and you could count on 1 hand how many games he got pass marks.

He is not good enough to be in the first 11 of a team wanting to challenge for 3rd, domestic cups etc. He's barely good enough for a bottom six SPL team.

Pretty much sums it up for me..Rankin cant pass the ball 3 feet.

Brizo
30-07-2010, 01:05 PM
He's ****ing crap..

He has less football ability than a pile of shaved pubic hair..How he still is a starter for us is ****ing frightening...

Wouldn't get a game for any other team in the SPL that have aspirations of being top 6 never mind top 3..

PlSH

:agree:

Altho imo Rankins slightly better , by a close shave.

In defence of Rankin , unlike previous midfield numpties like Jarko Whizz and Brian Kerr , he never hides and always gives 100%. Rankins problem is that his 100% is about 50% of what the midfielders in the other clubs vying for third spot have.

In an ideal world there'd be a Killie or a Hamilton strip with Rankins name on it just waiting to be filled. However Yogi seems to rate him. I can only believe its for his effort as the abilities not there for a team who should be aspiring to finish third or fourth.

Dunbar Hibee
30-07-2010, 02:38 PM
I like Rankin.. but that performance last night is undefendable. Very poor indeed.

Hibs90
30-07-2010, 02:45 PM
He's ****ing crap..

He has less football ability than a pile of shaved pubic hair..

How he still is a starter for us is ****ing frightening...

PlSH

:faf:

True though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Maribor are a couple of levels above us and were certainly sharper and more match fit. Surely the real test of these players is if they can cut it in the SPL? IMO, I don't see what he brings to the team at all, apart from the odd squiggler.