PDA

View Full Version : Tonights Commentator

just_joe
29-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Put the icing on the cake for a depressing game to watch. is this man a Hibs fan? Does he know anything about football? All he did was keep me informed with the weather conditions and thanked me for tuning in. Well it will be the last time I tune in Sir.

Keith_M
29-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Put the icing on the cake for a depressing game to watch. is this man a Hibs fan? Does he know anything about football? All he did was keep me informed with the weather conditions and thanked me for tuning in. Well it will be the last time I tune in Sir.

Be fair, he suits the Hibs peformance to a T.

Don Giovanni
29-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Think thats a bit harsh to be honest.

Must be a tough gig slaverin' away to yersel for 2 hours. Dont think t fellas done too badly in all honesty.

As for the advertising - every single radio station on the planet does this, although itll be more polished, with a catchy wee jingle nae doobt.

Thecat23
29-07-2010, 08:22 PM
I thought the boy was alright, bit harsh to slate him. Remember this is Hibs TV not sky sports!!!!

bighairyfaeleith
29-07-2010, 08:23 PM
I thought the commentator was quite good, I reckon the op is a prick. Opinions eh:greengrin

erin go bragh
29-07-2010, 08:36 PM
I thought the commentator was quite good, I reckon the op is a prick. Opinions eh:greengrin
agree with the op 100% [the guy was murder]:grr:

Winston Ingram
29-07-2010, 08:38 PM

He got right on my smash hits as well:grr:

Bad Martini
29-07-2010, 08:45 PM
The boy was alright for a non-pro...

The one thing he, and lots of other raging ****ing lunatics need to get into their heids is this;

It will NOT be a different story at Easter Road next week
It is NOT as simple as turning up, in the dry (Edinburgh weather!?!) and disposing 3 goals past them
I'd be suprised if our tactically inept manager doesnt play the same starting 11 again to prove us all wrong

The truth is, the boy wasnt too bad IMHO. He got a few things wrong and he did slaver at times but heyho, under the circumstances and for £6 ye canny complain. Ye could pay much more and hear that prick andy gray or such like...and he's meant to be good at it.

gie the boy a brek.

bighairyfaeleith
29-07-2010, 08:45 PM
agree with the op 100% [the guy was murder]:grr:

why?

he telt you what was happening, he didn't have a malibor bias, he had as **** a view as us to watch from. WTF do you expect for six quid?

That wouldn't get you two big macs for ****s sake, and you want sky sports!!!

cabbageandribs1875
29-07-2010, 08:54 PM
even the commentators getting it now :faf:

Sammy7nil
29-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Okay it is not SKY and there was little to shout about.

BUT

This is Hibs TV and he had no feeling for our team poor performance

bighairyfaeleith
29-07-2010, 09:06 PM
this thread is nearly as embarrassing as tonight's performance

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Okay it is not SKY and there was little to shout about.

BUT

This is Hibs TV and he had no feeling for our team poor performance

Would you have him greetin?

Callin for Yogi's head?

Shouting "Rankin, you're a useless ****er!!"?

Ed De Gramo
29-07-2010, 09:15 PM
bahahahahahahahahahaha!

Some people need to give them self a shake....

What a pointless thread :agree:

Bad Martini
29-07-2010, 09:16 PM

Callin for Yogi's head?

Here, if that's what the joab needs, I ken someone whae could dae it for ye....nae bother :greengrin:thumbsup:

Sammy7nil
29-07-2010, 09:21 PM

Callin for Yogi's head?

No I might have had him saying something about the players, why were Hibs so negative, why did we keep giving the ball, asking why Yogi left two main strikers on the bench, etc etc

I would have liked him to apeear to have some real knowledge and in depth insight to the Hibs team and there very strange set up.

Bad Martini
29-07-2010, 09:24 PM
I would have liked him to apeear to have some real knowledge and in depth insight to the Hibs team and there very strange set up.

Ye kidding???

Archimedes, Aristotle, Newton and ****ing Symond Freud have no ****ing idea as to the insight of the Hibs team tonight mate. The very strange set-up almost fried Professor Steven Hawkings' brain and dont ask any nuclear rocket scientists to work it oot either as they are all suffering migranes just TRYING to figure out WTF Hibs were all aboot the night.

The commentator, had nae chance given THAT pish.

Sorry, but off all the folk to blame, he's aboot the last person on the list....:greengrin

Hibbie_Cameron
29-07-2010, 10:17 PM
This thread is sad imo.

Imagine going over there and working their ass off to give us coverage, yet all people do is moan.

The guys involved deserve all the praise going

Hibs On Tour
30-07-2010, 12:21 PM
This thread is sad imo.

Imagine going over there and working their ass off to give us coverage, yet all people do is moan.

The guys involved deserve all the praise going

Agree 100%. For £6 I had a great quality stream, live commentary in English. WTF do people want? The guys at HI even took the time to respond to an email I sent with a wee techy query.

Gie the guys a break - they have to knock their pans in so we can get these feeds and all some folk can do is moan! FFS. :grr:

col02
30-07-2010, 12:26 PM
I thought the commentator was actually not bad though the plugging of Hibs TV was a bit ott all the time given most people watching know about it anyway.

SneakersO'Toole
30-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Gie the guys a break - they have to knock their pans in so we can get these feeds and all some folk can do is moan! FFS. :grr:

Its because grown men on this site act like spoiled kids when they don't get their way or something happens to their dislike...

I would love to hear some of the commentary attempts of some on here that had the cheek to moan. It would be laughable and I'd guarentee they would be ten times worse than the guy they are slating.

col02
30-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Its because grown men on this site act like spoiled kids when they don't get their way or something happens to their dislike...

I would love to hear some of the commentary attempts of some on here that had the cheek to moan. It would be laughable and I'd guarentee they would be ten times worse than the guy they are slating.

:agree: Probably akin to many people's managerial ability if they were doing John Hughes job. A friend of mine who supports another Scottish team once said a while back Hibs fans were viewed as a very arrogant bunch something I am now starting to agree with. Arrogant and deluded about fits for some segments of Hibs fans who moan about everything going under the sun associated with the club they claim to "support"!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Nothing at all against the new guy, but I prefer Cliff Pike on the commentary and interviews.

CropleyWasGod
30-07-2010, 12:42 PM
I know this is a bit radical, but indulge my lateral thinking for just a minute.

1. you want to see the match.

2. you know the commentators aren't professional broadcasters.

If they P you off that much, why don't you turn the sound down?

Just a thought...