PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool Game in doubt!!!!!

LancsHibs
29-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Bad News

My dad went to Bloomfield Road this afternoon and asked why they had not released their tickets for sale and there was no mention of the match either at the ground or on their website. He was told "that the match was in doubt and a decision had not been made yet" when he asked if this was on police advise he was told "No, it was the managers decision, and he had not decided whether to go ahead with the game yet"??????
This if true is out of order for the fans that have made travel & accommodation arrangements:grr:
Could be that they are running scared and dont fancy a doing just before the season start! No signings and a poor pre season for Blackpool.

iwasthere1972
29-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Bad News

My dad went to Bloomfield Road this afternoon and asked why they had not released their tickets for sale and there was no mention of the match either at the ground or on their website. He was told "that the match was in doubt and a decision had not been made yet" when he asked if this was on police advise he was told "No, it was the managers decision, and he had not decided whether to go ahead with the game yet"??????
This if true is out of order for the fans that have made travel & accommodation arrangements:grr:
Could be that they are running scared and dont fancy a doing just before the season start! No signings and a poor pre season for Blackpool.

That's absolutely shocking if true.

If it is then I hope they get pumped each game and end up in the second division. Nay make that the conference or whatever is the lowest league in England.

Martin
29-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Bad News

Think someone is pulling your leg

LancsHibs
29-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Think someone is pulling your leg

Woman at Blackpool FC pulling my dad's leg??????:confused:
Got to admit the fact that there is no mention and tickets not on sale a bit odd!!!

Part/Time Supporter
29-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Got to admit the fact that there is no mention and tickets not on sale a bit odd!!!

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10432,00.html

LancsHibs
29-07-2010, 06:52 PM
http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10432,00.html

Yes on fixture list but still no ticket sales for home supporters, really hope this is wrong, really been looking forward to this game!! but why would she say that??

Martin
29-07-2010, 07:07 PM

I understand that Blackpool have had issues with a new tickets system linked to turnstiles. That is only a rumour i heard nothing official

Toaods
29-07-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm now hoping it is called off, fed up with all the crap surrounding it.

....not sure it is actually going to do us any favours - it was just a good jolly, in fact it still will be.

Ireallywasthere
29-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Due to the article in the Daily ******/Sunday Mail Blackpool are concerned that there may be trouble at the game. It may not now go ahead.
Quite how the are going to cope with Chelsea and the like is beyond me

givescotlandfreedom
29-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Hope it's wrong for the fans booked up. I'd be surprised at Holloway doing that though he seems a decent bloke who might be more likely to think of fans than other bosses might be.

Jack
29-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Just been told Blackpool are ruined with injuries and that's why the manager is saying the game might not go ahead.

Cabbage East
29-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Load ay baws, game will go ahead as planned.

HH81
29-07-2010, 08:59 PM
So should I ring up for tickets tomorrow or not? :dunno:

MSK
30-07-2010, 01:16 AM
Bad News

Could be that they are running scared and dont fancy a doing just before the season start! No signings and a poor pre season for Blackpool.If it was in doubt im quite sure they would have discussed it with hibs ..hibs are continuing to sell tickets as we speak ...:agree:

lucky
30-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Hopefully game will go ahead. But after looking at their ticket section of their website a season ticket at Blackpool is cheaper than at ER. Is Scottish football pricing its fans away? I know a bit of thread hijack but ...........

Hibs Class
30-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Hopefully game will go ahead. But after looking at their ticket section of their website a season ticket at Blackpool is cheaper than at ER. Is Scottish football pricing its fans away? I know a bit of thread hijack but ...........

With a far greater income from TV money, several EPL clubs heavily discount STs. Last season Burnley gave free STs to many of their supporters who had previously held STs in the championship. It's especially the bigger clubs who charge extorionate amounts for STs.

CyberSauzee
30-07-2010, 10:23 AM
http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/TicketInfo/0,,10432,00.html

Latest Ticket News

Blackpool vs Hibernian (Bloomfield Road, Sunday 8 August, kick-off 3pm)

Tickets for the Seasiders' pre-season friendly at home to Hibernian on Sunday 8 August are now on sale to season ticket holders.

Holders will have priority of purchase until the close of business on Tuesday - which is currently 7pm - before tickets go on general sale at 9am on Wednesday.

Tickets for the game, which kicks-off at 3pm, are priced at:

- £15 for Adults
- £10 for Seniors
- £5 for Under-18s

Hospitality for this fixture, which includes a two-course meal, programme and car parking, is priced at: £50 + VAT for Adults, £45 + VAT for Seniors and £40 + VAT for Juniors.

An Executive Box for 12 will cost £600 + VAT.

LancashireHibby
30-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Can't see it being called off at this late stage, but I might hang on until early next week to buy my tickets after all this.

hibsforeurope
30-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Has anyone managed to buy tickets over the phone today? 0844 number has no answer when pick the option.

Siralbertkidd
30-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Tickets on sale to home fans now on Blackpool official site, so no doubts its on.

HH81
30-07-2010, 10:58 AM
i have phoned up and got tickets from hibs this morning.

LancsHibs
30-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Tickets on sale to home fans now on Blackpool official site, so no doubts its on.

thank ****, ignore my earlier slaverings:thumbsup::party:

LancashireHibby
30-07-2010, 11:32 AM
i have phoned up and got tickets from hibs this morning.

Are you having them posted John or are you going to the second leg and picking them up?

Toaods
30-07-2010, 11:33 AM
executive box for 12 @ £59/head.......not bad if you can drink the place dry....:greengrin

HH81
30-07-2010, 01:06 PM
posted mate. Cant get up for the 2nd leg as work wont let me have it off.

LancashireHibby
30-07-2010, 01:09 PM
posted mate. Cant get up for the 2nd leg as work wont let me have it off.

Pull a sicky man, you know it makes sense :thumbsup: