PDA

View Full Version : ****Hibs TV - £6 for game tonight/queries etc- New subs. suspended at present.****

Pages : [1] 2

Tollhouse Hibee
29-07-2010, 12:56 PM
thats it bought and paid for.

GGTTH

http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/Live/

aberhibsfc
29-07-2010, 01:05 PM
I don't have a subscription myself as I'm skint and the Mrs will always find other priorities.

Does anyone know if a non-member can watch on the back of the one off £6 payment, or do I have to have a paid subscription too?

Tollhouse Hibee
29-07-2010, 01:08 PM
you just need to pay the £6 tonight

sleeping giant
29-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Whats folks opinions on quality of the stream from HibsTV ?
I'm thinking about getting it and hooking my laptop up to my TV! Will it lag and freeze etc ?
I've only ever watched live games on illegal feeds and TBH they have been crap quality.

Will i get a nice bright flowing picture from HibsTV if i buy this match ?

Cheers

Ritchie
29-07-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm thinking about getting it and hooking my laptop up to my TV! Will it lag and freeze etc ?
I've only ever watched live games on illegal feeds and TBH they have been crap quality.

Cheers

i would like to know this also! :agree:

Pretty Boy
29-07-2010, 01:32 PM
i would like to know this also! :agree:

Likewise. The test stream was jumping and freezing constantly.

Ell_Chrisso
29-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Think like with everything on the net, it will depend on your own broadband connection, and however good the transfer is to over here from Slovenia. Take the world cup as example.. i watched a few games on both itv player online, and the bbc website and itv's picture was terrible compared to the bbc.

Personally, i wouldn't expect it to be anything better quality than watching it full screen on a laptop max.

PeeJay
29-07-2010, 01:37 PM

Cheers

I've been a subscriber for couple of years now and most of the streams are fine - little to no buffering. The feeds from Holland recently was almost perfect. If you've been watching "dodgy" sites then Hibs TV will come across all bright and flowing to you, and although there is no guarantee that things will hold up, my experience has generally been pretty good.

I'm in Berlin, and I guess it depends where you are, how the feed is routed you and so on. I've just watched the test stream and had no problems, but someone on here has mentioned that they had buffering. SO ... go for it!

MacBean
29-07-2010, 01:40 PM
HAve to say i was rather disapointed with the feeds from Holland. Im not dissing the Hibstv guys or whatever before its mentioned but i do have to say that the picture from Hibs tv was nothing better or worse than i have witnessed on the dodgy channels.

I know this is an important revenue for hibs so shall say no more:cool2:

DH1875
29-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Will Hibs tv feed no come from the same place as other feeds only I don't have to pay £6 and it will have some foreign comontator?

TamHibs
29-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Can anyone confirm if I pay for the annual subscription is the Maribor game included or do I still have to pay £6 tonight aswel?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibeeleicester
29-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Can anyone confirm if I pay for the annual subscription is the Maribor game included or do I still have to pay £6 tonight aswel?

Thanks in advance.

You still have to pay for the £6 tam, i did against arnhem, coverage wasnt good.

SRHibs
29-07-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm so poor that I can't even afford to pay the £6 tonight.:boo hoo:

Guess it's the update thread for me.

marinello59
29-07-2010, 02:31 PM

Thanks in advance.

According to the Official Site it is outwith the normal package.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100729/hibernian-tv-to-provide-coverage_2262950_2105569

sammy7
29-07-2010, 02:32 PM

Cheers

how do ya do this? :greengrin

TamHibs
29-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Oh well can't complain I'll pay the £6 when I get home then set up a direct debit for the annual subscription

hibeedonald
29-07-2010, 02:40 PM
can i buy this as a one off and not subscribe?

marinello59
29-07-2010, 02:41 PM
can i buy this as a one off and not subscribe?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100729/hibernian-tv-to-provide-coverage_2262950_2105569

Mikey
29-07-2010, 03:16 PM
I'd recommend doing this asap folks. If you have problems at 7:25pm I don't fancy your chances of getting too much help :greengrin

Cabbage East
29-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Anyone else find that site really difficult to use? I'm logged in, then I try to buy the game, it asks me to log in again. Only now it wont accept my username and password.

ancienthibby
29-07-2010, 03:27 PM
I'd recommend doing this asap folks. If you have problems at 7:25pm I don't fancy your chances of getting too much help :greengrin

Just signed up - and on my new laptop too!!

Starting to feel the tingles of excitement even now (or is that the bourbon already??:agree:)

Hope the boys do themselves and the club proud!

Mikey
29-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Signing up and buying the match is pretty straightforward folks. If you don't subscribe to Hibs TV just follow the "New Subscriber" link, give yourself a user name and password and they'll send you an email.

Follow the link in the e-mail to complete registration and pay for the match. You can pay by PayPal or with a card.

Easy peasy :greengrin

Cabbage East
29-07-2010, 03:28 PM
And if you're an existing subscriber?

Mikey
29-07-2010, 03:29 PM

No idea!

Bob Box Fish
29-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Do you get refunded if it dosent work?

I remember buying one of these things a few years ago for the inter tattie cup and it kept freezing / crashing all the time so eventually gave up.

HH81
29-07-2010, 03:30 PM
im not convinced its going to work on my pc so will this be on the radio?

Barney McGrew
29-07-2010, 03:31 PM

There's an option marked 'previous subscriber' on the link in the first post - I'd assume you'd click that and follow the instructions :dunno:

Mikey
29-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Do you get refunded if it dosent work?

I remember buying one of these things a few years ago for the inter tattie cup and it kept freezing / crashing all the time so eventually gave up.

They provided refunds last week when one of the matches couldn't be shown.

Hibbie_Cameron
29-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Just signed up for it. Looking forward to it. Got my back ups ready too:wink:

Bob Box Fish
29-07-2010, 03:39 PM
They provided refunds last week when one of the matches couldn't be shown.

Cheers will give it a go !

TheEastTerrace
29-07-2010, 03:40 PM
On the test stream, when clicking play on the media player, it tries to 'open media' and then reverts back to 'Ready' status so looks like it's radio or updates on here for me. Not paying £6 for the chance it might happen.

Cabbage East
29-07-2010, 03:40 PM
There's an option marked 'previous subscriber' on the link in the first post - I'd assume you'd click that and follow the instructions :dunno:

I assumed that too. Clearly not the case though. Extremely poor and frustrating process, still it's done now.

Anyone planning to use the official to site to watch the game tonight, GIVE YOURSELF PLENTY TIME.

TamHibs
29-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Ok perhaps being a bit dense her but when going to pay for the match it takes me to the paypal payment screen. Who do I make the payment out to?

Hibbie_Cameron
29-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Im not getting a test stream just a black screen, anyone else with this?

khib70
29-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Have bought this and well done to all involved for setting it up. However:boo hoo: can't get the test stream at all. Just a black screen. I'd hate to have to fall back on naughty websites after all the work the good people at HTV have put in:confused:

Mikey
29-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Im not getting a test stream just a black screen, anyone else with this?

What are you using? IE8, Windows Media Player, etc??

Cabbage East
29-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Aye.

Future17
29-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Ok perhaps being a bit dense her but when going to pay for the match it takes me to the paypal payment screen. Who do I make the payment out to?

If you followed the link, you don't have to make it out to anyone as it's done for you.

Fill out your details and when you click "Review Order and Continue" or whatever it says, it should have NK Maribor v Hibernian as your order.

Hibbie_Cameron
29-07-2010, 03:58 PM

When i first got to the page it asked me to run a windows program which i did do.

Its IE7 and i have windows media player

ackeygraham
29-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Anyone used the above software which allows you to stream any live stream via laptop via Xbox360 to the big TV?

A!

Future17
29-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Have bought this and well done to all involved for setting it up. However:boo hoo: can't get the test stream at all. Just a black screen. I'd hate to have to fall back on naughty websites after all the work the good people at HTV have put in:confused:

Just a suggestion of the possible problem:

When you click to view the test stream, if the black square is displayed but no video, you may have your Internet Explorer set up to block certain "add-ons" or "pop-ups".

If that is the case, there is usually a very thin white/yellow horizontal bar right across the screen, near the top (but below stuff like where the website address shows). It normally says something like "add-ons blocked, click here to permit this website to run these".

If you click the bar itself, a small menu appears with options, one of which is usually something like "allow these add-ons to run on this website". Click this option and the problem should be solved immediately with no requirement to re-start your machine or any of that nonsense.

This might not be the problem but it's worth a go. :greengrin

Wembley67
29-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Anyone tested this on a mac yet? I read that it may not work. I've sent HI an email but no response yet....

Mikey
29-07-2010, 04:08 PM
When i first got to the page it asked me to run a windows program which i did do.

Its IE7 and i have windows media player

I'd recommend getting yourself up to date. Get IE8 and make sure you've got the latest version of WMP too.

IE8 (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx)

Windows Media Player (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/AllDownloads.aspx)

Jay
29-07-2010, 04:08 PM

When you click to view the test stream, if the black square is displayed but no video, you may have your Internet Explorer set up to block certain "add-ons" or "pop-ups".

If that is the case, there is usually a very thin white/yellow horizontal bar right across the screen, near the top (but below stuff like where the website address shows). It normally says something like "add-ons blocked, click here to permit this website to run these".

If you click the bar itself, a small menu appears with options, one of which is usually something like "allow these add-ons to run on this website". Click this option and the problem should be solved immediately with no requirement to re-start your machine or any of that nonsense.

Thats what I got and it worked. Also it might be worth mentioning (I know its probably obvious but in the panic of the evening it may be missed :greengrin) you can test with the test stream before paying.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-07-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm still waiting on the email after entering details as a new user

Andy Bee
29-07-2010, 04:19 PM

If you're using Hotmail then check the junk folder.

Martin
29-07-2010, 04:20 PM

Please email interactive@hibs.org.uk with your email address so i can check this for you....

HibeeMcGinn1
Can I buy the match tonight on my playstation and watch it through the tv this way?
Cheers, HM.

Beefster
Anyone tested this on a mac yet? I read that it may not work. I've sent HI an email but no response yet....

I can't get the test stream to work on my Mac in either Safari, Chrome or Firefox despite having Flip4Mac/WMV Player installed. I seem to recall someone mentioning before that Macs were a no-no for HTV but I could be wrong.

TamHibs
29-07-2010, 04:21 PM

Check your spam folder mate

Andy Bee
29-07-2010, 04:23 PM
I can do it with the normal HI interviews etc but haven't tried a live stream yet

Hibbie_Cameron
29-07-2010, 04:23 PM
I'd recommend getting yourself up to date. Get IE8 and make sure you've got the latest version of WMP too.

IE8 (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx)

Windows Media Player (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/AllDownloads.aspx)

Still nothing. I got the test screen working before i logged in after i restarted my pc is that right?

PeeJay
29-07-2010, 04:25 PM
I can't get the test stream to work on my Mac in either Safari, Chrome or Firefox despite having Flip4Mac/WMV Player installed. I seem to recall someone mentioning before that Macs were a no-no for HTV but I could be wrong.

I've tried on my iMac, but it hasn't worked for me. Mind you I can't get it to run either in Firefox on my Windows platform because some "plug-in" is missing, but it won't tell me which one?
IE8 works fine on the Windows side though!

Hibbie_Cameron
29-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Working!!

I no a have a pic of an empty stadium!!:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
29-07-2010, 04:27 PM
If you have the necessary plugins to play the format being streamed, then i can think of no reason why you cant. :agree:

I can't download video plugins because I have a wii :grr: :boo hoo:

Billy
29-07-2010, 04:28 PM
I am running a final test for the next 30 minutes, so the pictures are live.

Now logging off so that there are no programmes open whilst streaming.

cabbageandribs1875
29-07-2010, 04:29 PM
guid pic :thumbsup: who was that waving at the TV :bye:

GB6
29-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Ive watched live streams before but not H.I, can't see it being any different

down-the-slope
29-07-2010, 04:30 PM
well done Hibs TV for getting arranged

Still think the Tache has missed a trick here. BTG and a beam back for say £5 a head would have seen 600 peeps happy and lots of beers drunk :boo hoo:

Hibbie_Cameron
29-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Great pic

Im off out now, better bloody work when i get back

cabbageandribs1875
29-07-2010, 04:34 PM
guid pic :thumbsup: who was that waving at the TV :bye:

edit: whaes joyce :bye:

speedy_gonzales
29-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Is it sad that I'm sitting here getting a wee bit over excited watching the stream?

down-the-slope
test stream not working:confused: not very encouraging to pay up for tonight :rolleyes:

HibeeMcGinn1
Havnt added anything to the playstation since I got it so it will just be the software when first bought. I can watch youtube and other videos on it. Does that mean it will be ok or does it need something different for live events?

PeeJay
29-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Picture coming through fine in Berlin!:thumbsup:

speedy_gonzales
29-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Picture coming through fine in Berlin!:thumbsup:

and obviously fine back here in Edinburgh. Problems trying to watch full screen though/ Maybe my PC.

Cabbage East
Not working on firefox.

Test stream working on Internet explorer.

khib70

Thanks for the suggestion but that doesnt appear to be the problem. I'm using W7, IE8 and WMP 12 and don't normally have problems streaming video.

Anyone else got this problem, or even better, a solution.

erin-go-bragh87
So I should be able to go to the site and watch it on the ps3's browser?

cabbageandribs1875
29-07-2010, 04:41 PM
and obviously fine back here in Edinburgh. Problems trying to watch full screen though/ Maybe my PC.

just right click in the middle of the screen and scroll up to zoom/full screen very good picture here

I'm_cabbaged
29-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Is it sad that I'm sitting here getting a wee bit over excited watching the stream?

Is it good quality?

speedy_gonzales
29-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Problems trying to watch full screen though/ Maybe my PC.

nnnmmmmphh, I'm such a mong! Had my TV/PC settings set wrong due to a prvious app!

OtterHibee
29-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Not working on firefox.

Test stream working on Internet explorer.

As is the live stream :thumbsup:

Doesn't work at all on Chrome either though.

down-the-slope
29-07-2010, 04:48 PM
just black screen saying ready on test :rolleyes:

Using IE8 & have media player

Barney McGrew
29-07-2010, 04:49 PM
All,

Any queries on the game tonight and the stream should be directed to:

tv_live@hiberniantv.co.uk

They'll do their best to try and sort you out

Cabbage East
29-07-2010, 04:49 PM
If anyone from HI is reading, you should think about simplifying the site for next season :wink:

Andy Bee
29-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Havnt added anything to the playstation since I got it so it will just be the software when first bought. I can watch youtube and other videos on it. Does that mean it will be ok or does it need something different for live events?

Just checked and on a standard PS3 it isn't working......"Application not supported"

Albanian Hibs
29-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Just signed up for it. Wasn't taking my chances on the dodgy sites. The test stream is working - the game v the Huns at Ibrox is on just now :thumbsup: now to test the live stream

steviecarnie
29-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Just checked and on a standard PS3 it isn't working......"Application not supported"

it doesnt work on my firefox browser either, which is Sh*te since i took IE off due to it continuing to get virus's:grr:

Albanian Hibs
29-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Live stream working :thumbsup: got the empty stadium :thumbsup:

C'mon the Hibees :thumbsup:

Westie1875
29-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Working!!

I no a have a pic of an empty stadium!!:thumbsup:

Me too, quite a smart wee stadium :thumbsup:

erin-go-bragh87
29-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Live stream working great, Im surprised how good it looks in full screen!!:thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
29-07-2010, 05:02 PM
All set up too. Projector plugged in so the pitch view is about 60". Happy days!!!

Ritchie
29-07-2010, 05:04 PM
That's me just set my laptop up through my telly. Looks pretty clear :greengrin:thumbsup:

Wembley67
29-07-2010, 05:04 PM

Not working here either. Frankly, its ridiculous if it can't be streamed on a mac which is a vastly superior machine....obviously not :greengrin

Oh well looks like its illegal links for me tonight, shame the club will be losing money from I imagine quite a few folk.

SloopJB
29-07-2010, 05:05 PM
I have run Hibstv on both ie and firefox. don't have it just now as my annual subscription taken out in September, ran out in July.

not that fussed as I personally didn't like it much. Not to others wont, just I didn't

Martin
29-07-2010, 05:08 PM
PLEASE BE AWARE

We have had to suspend any new subscribers at the moment due to a HUGE response. We are currently trying to secure more capacity on the stream, and would ask your patience at this time.

Thanks

big-mo
29-07-2010, 05:08 PM
I have it working fine on IE8 but how do I get it to be full screen or do I have to watch it on a tiny format?

big-mo
29-07-2010, 05:10 PM
I have it working fine on IE8 but how do I get it to be full screen or do I have to watch it on a tiny format?

Soory just found out, all I needed to do was right click and Zoom

down-the-slope
29-07-2010, 05:13 PM
PLEASE BE AWARE

We have had to suspend any new subscribers at the moment due to a HUGE response. We are currently trying to secure more capacity on the stream, and would ask your patience at this time.

Thanks

:boo hoo:

Mikey
29-07-2010, 05:14 PM
PLEASE BE AWARE

Thanks

We'll update the thread title. Can you let us know if you open it up again.

Mikey
29-07-2010, 05:15 PM
We'll update the thread title. Can you let us know if you open it up again.

Someone beat me to it :greengrin

Keith_M
29-07-2010, 05:15 PM

Oh dear, are those a requirement for Hibs TV? Looks like my subscription was a waste of time, as a non Windows user.

Keith_M
29-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Not working here either. Frankly, its ridiculous if it can't be streamed on a mac which is a vastly superior machine....obviously not :greengrin

Oh well looks like its illegal links for me tonight, shame the club will be losing money from I imagine quite a few folk.

So I'm not alone then.

Justice for non Micro$oft users!! :grr:

Mikey
29-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Oh dear, are those a requirement for Hibs TV? Looks like my subscription was a waste of time, as a non Windows user.

Dunno. Martin's your man.

We're just trying to help a few folk without stepping on his toes :greengrin

Generally speaking, the more up to date your software is the more chance you have of being able to watch it.

John_the_angus_hibby
:thumbsup:Thats me signed up and the pic is good. I was supposed to be sleeping, but I'll be watching the hibbees! (From a hotel room in Beijing)

GGTTH

Barney McGrew
Someone beat me to it :greengrin

:gun:

You snooze, you lose :greengrin

sammy7
That's me just set my laptop up through my telly. Looks pretty clear :greengrin:thumbsup:

can anyone tell me how to do this?

PeeJay
29-07-2010, 05:19 PM
So I'm not alone then.

Justice for non Micro$oft users!! :grr:

Are none of you MAC guys running a virtual Windows in Parallels or so ??

erin go bragh
29-07-2010, 05:20 PM

Cheers
ive just paid and the picture is perfect[pitch looks very nice]:thumbsup:

cammy1969
29-07-2010, 05:22 PM
not getting an email to verifi my id

Mikey
Those of you who have the black screen but are using IE8 and WMP12, try this.........

Tools
Internet Options
Advanced (tab)
Click on these two buttons, in this order....... "Reset" and "Restore Advanced Settings"
Close IE and re-open it.
Give it a go again!

You probably need a WMP add on and it's not prompting you to run it. That might allow the prompt to work again.

erin go bragh
i am a subscriber but i had to click on the new 1 and thats me looking at the pitch now:thumbsup:

Mikey
not getting an email to verifi my id

Check your spam folder.

steviecarnie
since subscriptions suspended is BTG showing it?

Keith_M
29-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Dunno. Martin's your man.

We're just trying to help a few folk without stepping on his toes :greengrin

Generally speaking, the more up to date your software is the more chance you have of being able to watch it.

I know Mikey, it's not your fault.

FWIW, my software is VERY up-to-date, it's just that I don't have Windows on my PC. Unfortunately, most of these things are set-up for the majority (Windows user) as it's obviously the most cost-effective. Oh well, Radio it is then.

GGTTH

Martin
29-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Keekaboo - can't pm you

can you email me please at

Keith_M
29-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Are none of you MAC guys running a virtual Windows in Parallels or so ??

Maybe a bit late to do so tonight. Not sure where I'd get a copy of Windows from at this time of the evening. Anyone got a link to any illegal download sites? (Just kidding, honest :wink:)

Fantic
29-07-2010, 05:26 PM

FWIW, my software is VERY up-to-date, it's just that I don't have Windows on my PC. Unfortunately, most of these things are set-up for the majority (Windows user) as it's obviously the most cost-effective. Oh well, Radio it is then.

GGTTH

Wish folk would stop saying that. Its not on the radio.. Is it?

Andy Bee
29-07-2010, 05:26 PM
can anyone tell me how to do this?

Connect the cable as per thread on the tech forum Sammy then hold the function key (Fn) in and hit F5 or F8

Keith_M
29-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Keekaboo - can't pm you

can you email me please at

Will do, thanks.

susieq
29-07-2010, 05:28 PM
HELP! Just tried to buy tonights game, and the form asks for a *membership type, but gives no options! I,ve pressed continue, but without being able to select an option type i can get no further, any help/suggestions welcome!:boo hoo:

Disco Dave
Anyone know if there will be audio or commentary or is it just the video stream?

MSK
since subscriptions suspended is BTG showing it?No ..

Mikey

GGTTH

You Apple boys are always telling me how much better they are. Not so smug tonight, eh :greengrin

Find someone near where you stay who's watching it and chip in 3 quid :wink:

sammy7
29-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Connect the cable as per thread on the tech forum Sammy then hold the function key (Fn) in and hit F5 or F8

what cable? Im trying to connect laptop to tv (my thread on technical help is for something different, sorry for the confusion!)

Mikey
29-07-2010, 05:30 PM
HELP! Just tried to buy tonights game, and the form asks for a *membership type, but gives no options! I,ve pressed continue, but without being able to select an option type i can get no further, any help/suggestions welcome!:boo hoo:

New subscriptions are temporarily suspended. Hibs TV is trying to get more server capacity to allow more folk in.

Gatecrasher

thats whats happening to me :boo hoo:

Mikey
We have sound!

Viva_Palmeiras
29-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Signing up and buying the match is pretty straightforward folks. If you don't subscribe to Hibs TV just follow the "New Subscriber" link, give yourself a user name and password and they'll send you an email.

Follow the link in the e-mail to complete registration and pay for the match. You can pay by PayPal or with a card.

Easy peasy :greengrin

Ive emailed the team - I'm still not receiving the confirmation email to kick things off- anyone else having problems? Hope this is resolved soon - and only isolated to me / a few

cabbageandribs1875
29-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Anyone know if there will be audio or commentary or is it just the video stream?

yes and yes

Martin
29-07-2010, 05:33 PM

Thanks

Storar
29-07-2010, 05:33 PM

What connection did you use Scott. Are you deed?

Nitten Hibee
29-07-2010, 05:34 PM
what cable? Im trying to connect laptop to tv (my thread on technical help is for something different, sorry for the confusion!)

i am using the cable you use to connect a monitor to a pc if thats of any help works fine for me :thumbsup:

Mikey
29-07-2010, 05:35 PM

Thanks

Have ye raked in enough to offer Riordan a better contract? :greengrin

Bad Martini
Ive got in the site, see the (tiny) window in the middle of the page but no pics...no sound...nitto.

I allowed IE8 to install the plugin it wanted and still nitto.

Refreshed the page and nitto!

Anyone else hearing or seeing owt here???

cammy1969
Check your spam folder.
thank you m8 am just a dumb ass i guess

Mikey
Frank suits pink :love ya!:

Pretty Boy
29-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Anybody ese finding the stream really jumpy?

Thought it was maybe just my laptop or wireless connection but watched a bit of the Barca friendly on iraq goals and it was absolutely perfect.

machibby
29-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Ive got in the site, see the (tiny) window in the middle of the page but no pics...no sound...nitto.

I allowed IE8 to install the plugin it wanted and still nitto.

Refreshed the page and nitto!

Anyone else hearing or seeing owt here???

yep same here

Scooter

Thought it was maybe just my laptop or wireless connection but watched a bit of the Barca friendly on iraq goals and it was absolutely perfect.

ive got nothing??

steviecarnie

too many people trying to stream at the one time, that why i guess HTV are needing to get more bandwith.

cammy1969
29-07-2010, 05:38 PM
whats the 1st thing a see big frank d dont khow if thats good or bad lol

cabbageandribs1875
29-07-2010, 05:39 PM
lol@frank dougan in a pink polo shirt, sitting yappin oan the mobile :greengrin deary me

Bad Martini
Having tested the test stream that worked fine tae! :grr::grr::grr:

Getting moderately concerned/pissed off all at once!
:grr:

hibee_nation
Got a good pic, that Hibs lassie in the back row has a nice pair of legs. :greengrin

Scooter
29-07-2010, 05:40 PM
can someone help me ive got nothing and if i click launch in exernal player i get "Linklok could not open the file."

Bad Martini
29-07-2010, 05:42 PM
can someone help me ive got nothing and if i click launch in exernal player i get "Linklok could not open the file."

Am in the same (sinking) boat :grr::grr::grr::grr:

mhathorn1
29-07-2010, 05:42 PM
This happened to me on Mozilla, but i tried it on IE and it worked fine. Hope this helps

Martin
29-07-2010, 05:44 PM

Sitting on wireless at home (10mb) and not having any issues. I am watching it exactly like you all.

Martin
29-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Have ye raked in enough to offer Riordan a better contract? :greengrin

NO far of it :wink:

Hibs90
29-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Working fine for me.

micksoo
29-07-2010, 05:47 PM
What are the chances of getting more subscribers signed up?

Scooter
29-07-2010, 05:48 PM
This happened to me on Mozilla, but i tried it on IE and it worked fine. Hope this helps

:thumbsup:

doesnt work on google chrome either

PeeJay
29-07-2010, 05:48 PM

Stream's been perfect here in Berlin since it started - no buffering at all, hope it clears up for everyone, lot of fans watching this evening it seems!

khib70
29-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Sitting on wireless at home (10mb) and not having any issues. I am watching it exactly like you all.
Er no you're not. Some of us are watching a black rectangle, despite allowing WMP extension, and being on aproper computer rather than a Mac:grr:

bandylegs_jLeighton
29-07-2010, 05:50 PM
What are the chances of subscriptions being opened again?

I

Viva_Palmeiras
29-07-2010, 05:50 PM
NO far of it :wink:
Hi Martin I'm having problems since this afternoon still not received my verification emaili can you help at all? [wild stab in the dark email] just for when email subs return apologies if your not connected just saw the avatar

cammy1969
29-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Stream's been perfect here in Berlin since it started - no buffering at all, hope it clears up for everyone, lot of fans watching this evening it seems!
its ok 4 me at the mo

Scooter
29-07-2010, 05:52 PM
sound goes and comes back. is that the HTV guys or my pc?

PeeJay
29-07-2010, 05:55 PM
sound goes and comes back. is that the HTV guys or my pc?

NO sound at the moment, I think they just try the mikes out every so often.

John_the_angus_hibby
29-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Visuals are great. Is anyone else getting sound? I've heard wee bits, but mostly deathly silence. Have the not started waffling on yet or is the great firewall of China stopping my sound???:confused:

CMac1988
29-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Anyone get any news on whether or not there gonna up there bandwidth and open up subscriptions again?

Bad Martini
29-07-2010, 05:59 PM
No sound here.

No images on the webpage either. :grr::grr:

.Sean.
29-07-2010, 05:59 PM
I have no sound whatsoever and I can't play it in full screen :grr:

.Sean.
29-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Anyone get any news on whether or not there gonna up there bandwidth and open up subscriptions again?
I only subscribed abut 10 minutes ago :confused:

bighairyfaeleith
29-07-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm in full screen with sound

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Swoosh
I have no sound whatsoever and I can't play it in full screen :grr:

No sound here either, assuming its not started yet.

As for full screen, i can get it on full screen but anything other than 100% and it looks very blurry. Have to watch it on a small screen about 2 inches by 2 inches.

Update: Sound is on now!

CapitalHibs
I think the fact that the majority of people seem to be getting a video feed suggests that HibsTV aint doing anything wrong. The issues seem to lie with invidual computer set ups, firewalls, web browsers etc IMO.

PeeJay
Visuals are great. Is anyone else getting sound? I've heard wee bits, but mostly deathly silence. Have the not started waffling on yet or is the great firewall of China stopping my sound???:confused:

Pre-match report now on!

Viva_Palmeiras
29-07-2010, 06:02 PM
shame about the issues hopefully it means more revenue than expected just unfortunate for me it looks like ill be unable to watch desipte trying to register from about 2:30
but im philisophical just hope the news filters through on here for us poor guys n gals outside looking in

TomTheHibbyBev
Thank you all for making me check my junk folder :thumbsup:

Swoosh
I think the fact that the majority of people seem to be getting a video feed suggests that HibsTV aint doing anything wrong. The issues seem to lie with invidual computer set ups, firewalls, web browsers etc IMO.

As with many people here, i could not get this working on Firefox. Opened it up in Internet Explorer and its streaming perfectly. No buffering at all!

CMac1988
29-07-2010, 06:03 PM
I only subscribed abut 10 minutes ago :confused:

You get it working sean? I'm trying now but there's no way to add a subscription to a previous member.

The drop down box (membership type) doesn't have anything in it... :boo hoo:

John_the_angus_hibby
Sounds on!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
And we are off!!

GGTTH

(I'm raidin' the mini bar!):cheers:

PeeJay
No sound here either, assuming its not started yet.

As for full screen, i can get it on full screen but anything other than 100% and it looks very blurry. Have to watch it on a small screen about 2 inches by 2 inches.

Update: Sound is on now!

Not being cheeky - try sitting further away from the screen - I have to!

marinello59
29-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Very impressive Pics and sound.:thumbsup:

Ferry Hibbee
29-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Can anyone tell me why as a previous member my username/password is not recognised?

.Sean.
29-07-2010, 06:06 PM
You get it working sean? I'm trying now but there's no way to add a subscription to a previous member.

The drop down box (membership type) doesn't have anything in it... :boo hoo:
Yep, with sound but no option to go to full screen for some reason? :confused:

It's working perfectly considering i'm using a mobile dongle thingy. I'm at my Grans, and when I heard it was live I got my sister to bring it up for me as there's no internet at my Grannies!

Loved them playing Livin' La Vida Loca!! :greengrin

Finally got full screen. I thought double clicking would help...

seanraff07
Right, i payed £6 for the Den Haag friendly last week, but that's all i've previously done with Hibs TV, does that mean i'm an existing subscriber or a new one?

7Hero
anyone link to spy thingy or where the link is on the website

cabbageandribs1875
29-07-2010, 06:07 PM
1372 miles to ER from the commentary box :greengrin

.Sean.
2 litre of Strongbow. HERE WE GO!!!!! :notworthy:

Barney McGrew

The boy cannae half talk :greengrin

CMac1988
29-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Right, i payed £6 for the Den Haag friendly last week, but that's all i've previously done with Hibs TV, does that mean i'm an existing subscriber or a new one?

Existing, but it appears that they aren't letting anyone else watch (add subscription).

Even if you go to new member you can't select a membership type... :boo hoo:

Hopefully someone is forwarding the stream of their on back somewhere.

Barney McGrew
29-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Simply the Best?

Hun bassas :grr:

:greengrin

iwasthere1972
anyone link to spy thingy or where the link is on the website

http://www.hibs.net/vaispy.php

susieq
Aaaaarg 20mins to ko and still can't subscribe!!!!!:grr::grr:
no very happy!

CMac1988
Yep, with sound but no option to go to full screen for some reason? :confused:

It's working perfectly considering i'm using a mobile dongle thingy. I'm at my Grans, and when I heard it was live I got my sister to bring it up for me as there's no internet at my Grannies!

Loved them playing Livin' La Vida Loca!! :greengrin

Finally got full screen. I thought double clicking would help...

So jealous m8, think they've stopped letting people subscribe again... :boo hoo:

Scooter
Simply the Best?

Hun bassas :grr:

:greengrin

:grr::grr::greengrin

xyz23jc
29-07-2010, 06:10 PM

:agree::thumbsup:

seanraff07
29-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Existing, but it appears that they aren't letting anyone else watch (add subscription).

Even if you go to new member you can't select a membership type... :boo hoo:

Hopefully someone is forwarding the stream of their on back somewhere.

Yep cause i'm logging in and it's coming up with what i've previously ordered etc.. isn't giving me an option to pay for tonight's game.:confused:

Bad Martini
No images on IE8 or Chrome.

However, Im now watching full screen using Windows Media Player, streaming from PC to ma big telly. Now am happy (though there's no pics on the web page...thanks to being inventive, nosey and smart :greengrin, my Media Player is doing the job nicely).

NOW that I can see pics (and hear the vocals) it sounds and looks good.

Shame the bloody webpage doesny work tho. No matter. Am off for bevvy.

ENDOF :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hal Jordan
For ****s sake, I signed up and paid for this thing this afternoon, and now it doesn't recognise my logon.

PETRIE!!!!!!!!! I want a ****ing refund

.Sean.
Anybody else lost the sound?

Kevvy1875
29-07-2010, 06:12 PM
FFS! :grr:

Im away to find a dodgy link:agree:

seanraff07
29-07-2010, 06:13 PM

Me too, getting far too stressed out with this.

Fisherrow_Hibs
29-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Good sound (when they plug the mic in? or is it dodgy?) and good pics, mon the hibs!!:thumbsup:

CMac1988
29-07-2010, 06:14 PM

Yup, unfortunately that looks like the only way I'm gonna see the game now too. Can't believe I never paid for it before I went out.

F******* idiot. :rolleyes:

Cabbage East
I've got nae sound.....

Scooter
its stopped :grr:

its now jummpy

agh

bighairyfaeleith
29-07-2010, 06:15 PM
There just not speaking all the time yet. Chill folks

Walkerbaws
We are the only club that could possibly deprive our own supporters of paying to watch a game! Honestly, How many people did they think were going to sign up, How cheap do they wanna be, pay the money for a decent service that works for all no matter what time You sign up!

Hibs90
There turning the sound on and off

Hal Jordan
This is a ****ing joke, I registered and paid, and now my details aren't recognised.
**** this *****, I what a ****ing waste of time and money.
And the ***** will be refunding my 6 quid, I guarantee it.

Bad Martini
29-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Pics running again. Nae sound.

Will be fine if the pics keep running...I can see with ma yaks...ah needs nae commentator anyways :greengrin

Hal Jordan
29-07-2010, 06:17 PM
We are the only club that could possibly deprive our own supporters of paying to watch a game! Honestly, How many people did they think were going to sign up, How cheap do they wanna be, pay the money for a decent service that works for all no matter what time You sign up!

Aye, and for those of us who did that, wee still got ****ged up the bum. I want my 6 quid back

CapitalHibs
Jeez some of you guys would have had heart attacks if you had tried watching games online when they started a few short years ago.:greengrin

norhfc
same here....I,m a subscriber,logged on this afternoon.....now its not accepting my user/password......must be oversubscribed or something !! :grr:

bighairyfaeleith
Do the forgot my password link. You will be typing something wrong

Sauzee 62
I'm getting nowt at all! :grr: paid my £6 this afternoon and it's not looking promising for me getting to see anything

Chuckie
29-07-2010, 06:18 PM
What a steaming pile of rotten, fusty, ass discharge....

seanraff07
29-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Martin, any news?!!

I'm_cabbaged
No images on IE8 or Chrome.

However, Im now watching full screen using Windows Media Player, streaming from PC to ma big telly. Now am happy (though there's no pics on the web page...thanks to being inventive, nosey and smart :greengrin, my Media Player is doing the job nicely).

NOW that I can see pics (and hear the vocals) it sounds and looks good.

Shame the bloody webpage doesny work tho. No matter. Am off for bevvy.

ENDOF :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

How do you get it onto the media player?

MagicSwirlingShip
Is there a way to view the stream on my mac? says i need windows media player...

7Hero
29-07-2010, 06:20 PM
macs dont work ive been trying for 2 hours to get the test to work with all manners of upgrades etc.

Calvin
Got the PC through, hooked it up to the Plasma, picture is working fine, looks a bit blurred when stretched up to 50" but is watchable.

Had it up and running since 18:31 and never had any sound at all. Any suggestions?

BoozyLynne
Streaming perfectly for me on IE, but sound is intermittent. Brilliant sound when it actually plays though!

'Mon the Hibs!!

marinello59

:rolleyes:
I am never slow to have a dig at the club over this but the club didn't have much notice to sort anything out. To achieve what they have is pretty damned good. Do you know that this was a case of pennypinching by the club or are you just making up your own facts to suit?

hibeeleicester
29-07-2010, 06:21 PM
I knew this would happen, thats why i stayed well away :agree:

Happened to me last week, didnt get a refund.

yekimevol
hey guys im stuck at the register stage it says select membership but there is nothing to select ?

CMac1988
It all honesty it's a shambles of a service, but credit for at least getting it working in some capacity. :agree:

Unfortunately for the majority of us though, were all gonna have to watch it on some dodgy site somewhere.

.Sean.
What's wrong with the sound?

bighairyfaeleith
Is your PC sound on mute? You might need to use your laptop speakers that's what I am doing

7Hero
29-07-2010, 06:22 PM
wish folk would read the older posts, we have all had the smae probs all day if you have a lokk the answer is there

Tranent Hibby
29-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Urgent help needed please.
I am trying to sign up to watch on hibs tv . on the first page it is asking for a membership type and i cannot find a drop down menu to pick a membership type
any help appreciated

EasterRoad4Ever
29-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Is there a way to view the stream on my mac? says i need windows media player...

I've also got a mac, and it only runs in windows media player (on the windows side). Now got pics and sound - clear as a bell :)

7Hero
29-07-2010, 06:24 PM
read the rest of the posts, the things full / or crap...

cabbageandribs1875
pic of the hibby's http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n4/wavydavy1875/mariborvhibs.jpg

Diclonius
I'm having the same problem.

CMac1988
I think they stopped allowing subscriptions due to demand on their bandwidth... i.e. were goosed. :wink:

EasterRoad4Ever
I've also got a mac, and it only runs in windows media player (on the windows side). Now got pics and sound - clear as a bell :)

Teams look like they're just about to emerge (exciting !)

1two
Working perfect for me so far

Ooh to be a hibby

khib70
29-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Can stream video from every site on the planet, but no sound, no picture and no six quid from HTV. Only at Hibernian:grr:

susieq
yeh same here! They've stopped all new subscriptons! been trying for over an hour!:grr::grr:

CMac1988
I think they stopped allowing subscriptions due to demand on their bandwidth... i.e. were goosed. :wink:

read the rest of the posts, the things full / or crap...

Yup basically what I said... :wink:

speedy_gonzales
Got the PC through, hooked it up to the Plasma, picture is working fine, looks a bit blurred when stretched up to 50" but is watchable.

Had it up and running since 18:31 and never had any sound at all. Any suggestions?

How's it hooked up to the plasma.
Sometimes you have to fiddle with the HDMI settings, if you are just using an S-video or VGA you will have to connect the audio separate. Off course, make sure all the relevant volumes are turned up and there is nothing muted (hardware AND software).

TheEastTerrace
wish folk would read the older posts, we have all had the smae probs all day if you have a lokk the answer is there

Valid, but then a similarly valid question is should Hibs be asking payment for a service that people are obviously having problems using and getting access to?? Doesn't appear to me that it's been properly tested. Still, another quick buck to be made though eh :rolleyes:

Scooter
29-07-2010, 06:26 PM
couldny carry nade :thumbsup:

EasterRoad4Ever
Teams look like they're just about to emerge (exciting !)

Nade song coming in loud and clear from 1300 miles away - good Hibs support:agree:

khib70
Valid, but then a similarly valid question is should Hibs be asking payment for a service that people are obviously having problems using and getting access too?? Doesn't appear to me that it's been properly tested. Still, another quick buck to be made though eh :rolleyes:
:agree::agree:

j'adore hibs
bloody officail site is a shambles, cant sign up as asking for membership type

p*sh

bighairyfaeleith
29-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Its been running for seasons. Do you want them to fix everyone's PC's etc for your six quid

Bryson
Hibs fans sound great :thumbsup::thumbsup:

7Hero
folk that come on here 5 mins before kickoff saying they cant register need shot...

marxman
it won't let me log on - why doesn't recognise my user name and passwo:grr:rd!!!!!

Scooter
29-07-2010, 06:28 PM

p*sh

its fully mate they arent taking on anymore subscribers

Martin
We have had to stop new subscribers at the moment due to a HUGE response.

We have tried to secure more bandwith for this game - however we have been unable to do so.

Apologies for this but we have had a HUGE demand for this game.

Updates will be available on www.hibernianfc.co.uk

Martin

p*sh

See my other post. Sadly we don't have unlimited facilities.

Diclonius
29-07-2010, 06:29 PM
folk that come on here 5 mins before kickoff saying they cant register need shot...

Or maybe they were out all day - including when subscriptions started - due to work commitments, and did not have access to the internet.

But nah. Let's just shoot them.

7Hero
29-07-2010, 06:30 PM
look if you read the posts obviously you cant get in its full mate

bighairyfaeleith
Or maybe they were out all day - including when subscriptions started - due to work commitments, and did not have access to the internet.

But nah. Let's just shoot them.
Ok

khib70
Registered this afternoon. Do I get off with a warning:bye::blah:

seanraff07
29-07-2010, 06:31 PM

Don't think there's any need for us to be shot though.

EasterRoad4Ever

Got sound but pic is frozen :bitchy:

Calvin
Sound on now!

Picture freezing intermittently but I'm happy enough! Fantastic :thumbsup:

Wembley67
29-07-2010, 06:32 PM
**** me I can see something!

TheEastTerrace
29-07-2010, 06:32 PM

Yeah, shame on those people who have other commitments in life other than Hibs like, em, work for example.

Wembley67
29-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Yeah, shame on those people who have other commitments in life other than Hibs like, em, work for example.

Get another job then.

Hal Jordan
29-07-2010, 06:34 PM

Aye, but they can gie me ma føcking money back then. The båstards got enough of it during the Lexo and Blobby years...they owe me for this one