PDA

View Full Version : Maribor so excited, i cant wait

Sammy7nil
29-07-2010, 11:54 AM
I am usually an old moaner but hey cant believe how up for this game I am.
I think it will be really tough but Maribor are not the same team that beat Villareal recently.
If our dodgy defence does not fold in the heat I think the 2nd leg could be a great night.

Come on the Cabbage do us proud 1 - 1 would be great

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

GlesgaeHibby
29-07-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm also very excited, but bricking it at the same time! They are a decent side and I reckon it could be a very intimidating atmosphere tonight for our boys. 1-1 would be good, 1-0 or 2-1 to Hibs would be fantastic.

iwasthere1972
29-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Obviously a Hibs win would be the preferred outcome but any result which keeps us in the tie next week will be satisfactory. A bouncing Easter Road for the return as well.

Celtic copy us please don't copy them.

HibbyAndy
29-07-2010, 12:18 PM
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Sammy7nil
29-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Looked on youtube small ground only 14,000 but they do make some noise. Lots of flares but think they came from Greek fans.

If we play to our best we have a chance there is no way Maribor are currently better than the OF of last season and other than in one game we played well against them.

RoYO!
29-07-2010, 12:33 PM
We have to watch it with this thread as it will be exhibit A on yakback if it goes tits up!

Can't see us keeping a clean sheet in either leg, but also would never bet against hibs scoring! Just great to be involved :D

we are hibs
29-07-2010, 12:38 PM
We have to watch it with this thread as it will be exhibit A on yakback if it goes tits up!

Can't see us keeping a clean sheet in either leg, but also would never bet against hibs scoring! Just great to be involved :D

a 2-0 win would be minted though

Sammy7nil
29-07-2010, 12:43 PM
RoYo

I agree but I cant see anyone shouting their mouth off about a Hibs win.

We hope rather than be arrogant. It will be tough but surely it is not wrong to think we may have a wee shout over two legs.

I think they will play sharp passing game and Deek and everyone will be required to put in a real hard shift to keep the tie alive for next week.

What happened to Celtic last night should be good for us, No shots on goal and surrendered in the last 12 mins lets hope we we learn try to score and play the full 96 mins :thumbsup:

RoYO!
29-07-2010, 01:19 PM
RoYo

We hope rather than be arrogant. It will be tough but surely it is not wrong to think we may have a wee shout over two legs.

I think they will play sharp passing game and Deek and everyone will be required to put in a real hard shift to keep the tie alive for next week.

What happened to Celtic last night should be good for us, No shots on goal and surrendered in the last 12 mins lets hope we we learn try to score and play the full 96 mins :thumbsup:

Aye I wasn't having a go at any poster just making the point that if anyone gets way too over confident they're setting themselves up. Cause with the way things are going over there they'll take a huge amount of pleasure in any of our discomfort, e.g thread title. On the other hand, who really cares what they think!

I'll add that I'm hopeful for tonight, will need to be a really well structured and loads of effort but there's every chance that we'll get a good result

SaulGoodman
29-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Regardless of tonight's result I'm hoping for a sell out return leg at Easter Road. Maribor may be a tough team, however it's great to be in the competition in the first place and I hope when we play them at Easter Road that the atmosphere will be superb and make it a proper European Night.

Of course it will be even better if we win :flag::flag::flag::flag:

Captain Trips
29-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Maribor have the papers to beat us both home and away, however we too have abilty to go there and put up a performance. Both teams have dangerous players.

I think though we will do well tonight, Hughes has to be 100% spot on with everything tonight, if he is then Hibs can do well, I would certainly be looking to get a goal in this tie anything nil isnt good IMO.

On a positive note I think we will sore 2 goals tonight.

MacBean
29-07-2010, 02:00 PM
They have a nifty wee stadium, pretty smart i have to say

I think we are looking at a high scoring game tonight, i wouldnt be surprised to see a 2-2 3-2 4-2 esque result.

If im honest a 1 goal defeat is a good result tonight obviously the more goals we score the better

CallumLaidlaw
29-07-2010, 02:50 PM
If I'm honest, a good result tonigh would be us going into the home game still having a chance. A result like Celtic last night would really spoil the atmosphere next week.
I would snap someones hand off for a score draw and would take a 2-1/3-2 defeat
As said tho, we are always capable of scoring goals

LancashireHibby
29-07-2010, 02:53 PM
A draw would be a great result, bring them back to ER on level pegging. Would be even better if we snatch an away goal.

Westie1875
29-07-2010, 02:54 PM
A draw would be a great result, bring them back to ER on level pegging. Would be even better if we snatch an away goal.

1-1 or 2-2 would be excellent (a win even better obviously) :pray:

Brooster
29-07-2010, 03:10 PM
RoYo

Deek wont be playing mate.

TornadoHibby
29-07-2010, 03:28 PM
RoYo

If starting.... I think you meant to say! :wink:

Sammy7nil
29-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Deek not starting !:confused:

I have I missed something what is the likely team then ?

Brooster
29-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Deek not starting !:confused:

I have I missed something what is the likely team then ?

Check the match updates thread.

Woody1985
29-07-2010, 04:16 PM

Who gives a **** what they think. Rivalry is all about taking the piss, if we get pumped then I personally don't give a flying one what some ****** jambo says on their fans forum. I'd be pissed off and disappointed we got pumped.

If we pump them I'll be delighted.

When are tickets on sale for the second leg? Is the 2nd leg next Thursday or the following week?

SaulGoodman
29-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Who gives a **** what they think. Rivalry is all about taking the piss, if we get pumped then I personally don't give a flying one what some ****** jambo says on their fans forum. I'd be pissed off and disappointed we got pumped.

If we pump them I'll be delighted.

When are tickets on sale for the second leg? Is the 2nd leg next Thursday or the following week?

Tickets on sale now, I think.

Sammy7nil
29-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Yip got my ticket yesterday :greengrin

CallumHibs07
29-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Yip got my ticket yesterday :greengrin

Same :thumbsup:

Sammy7nil
29-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Oh Mrs only an hour to go :greengrin