PDA

View Full Version : Remember that god awful Hibs PC game from about 10 years ago?

zlatan
29-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Was a rip off of Champ Manager and had O'Connor celebrating his last minute winner against Hearts on the front? Anyone still got a copy of it gathering dust in their house?

Personal highlights of that game for me were; losing 8-0 to Dundee twice in the same season with Nemzadze scoring 15 of the 16 goals, knowing what was going to happen within one line of text commentary as there was only about 20 different scenarios and having the real Ronaldo tout himself for a move to Dunfermline as they sat 2nd bottom of the SPL.

1two
29-07-2010, 11:14 AM
I did
I think mine got playedfor about an hour the day I got it, it went back in it's box and is still sitting there

Gatecrasher
29-07-2010, 11:17 AM
im sure i still have a copy, will need to check when i get home after work

Saorsa
29-07-2010, 11:20 AM
I've still got it, tried it once, never thought much of it TBH and back in the box it went and hasnae seen the light of day since.

HibbyAndy
29-07-2010, 11:24 AM
I've still got it, tried it once, never thought much of it TBH and back in the box it went and hasnae seen the light of day since.

Bit like your wallet then :hilarious :hilarious

:greengrin

Sandy
29-07-2010, 11:27 AM
It was woeful right enough. I played it for about 2 hours then went back to champ man.

hibee62
29-07-2010, 11:28 AM
I have it, you could get your name on the game and you appeared at some point during the game as a youngster.

iwasthere1972
29-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Was a rip off of Champ Manager and had O'Connor celebrating his last minute winner against Hearts on the front? Anyone still got a copy of it gathering dust in their house?

Personal highlights of that game for me were; losing 8-0 to Dundee twice in the same season with Nemzadze scoring 15 of the 16 goals, knowing what was going to happen within one line of text commentary as there was only about 20 different scenarios and having the real Ronaldo tout himself for a move to Dunfermline as they sat 2nd bottom of the SPL.

I almost shat myself when I thought it was 10 years ago. Just coming up for 7 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjMK2oRF1Z8

zlatan
29-07-2010, 11:30 AM
I have it, you could get your name on the game and you appeared at some point during the game as a youngster.

I vaguely remember that thread. I'd be pleasantly surprised if anyone persevered long enough to find themselves on it :hilarious

If I remember correctly the same mob brought out another version the following season before quickly going under shortly afterwards.

Saorsa
29-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Bit like your wallet then :hilarious :hilarious

:greengrin:grr:

HibbyAndy
29-07-2010, 11:35 AM
I almost shat myself when I thought it was 10 years ago. Just coming up for 7 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjMK2oRF1Z8

I will never EVER tire from watching that clip..Still sends shivers down my spine watching that :agree:

The big 'YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS' As the baw hits the back of the net.

iwasthere1972
29-07-2010, 11:37 AM
I will never EVER tire from watching that clip..Still sends shivers down my spine watching that :agree:

The big 'YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS' As the baw hits the back of the net.

Makalamby would have saved that. :agree:

Calvin
29-07-2010, 11:39 AM
I vaguely remember that thread. I'd be pleasantly surprised if anyone persevered long enough to find themselves on it :hilarious

If I remember correctly the same mob brought out another version the following season before quickly going under shortly afterwards.

Finding myself is the only reason I ever played it. It was decent for about 3 games then just dire. Johnny Baillie was good on it as I recall?

HibbyAndy
29-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Makalamby would have saved that. :agree:

:agree:

Cannae believe we let Maka go.

aberhibsfc
29-07-2010, 11:46 AM
I've still got it. Was it not released for a couple of seasons. It ever threatened Football Manager aka Championship Manager at the time. But it's a nice piece of Hibs nostalga.

iwasthere1972
29-07-2010, 11:52 AM
:agree:

Cannae believe we let Maka go.

:grr: Sh*te when did this happen? Was it on Hibs.net?

zlatan
29-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Anyone that still has it fancy sticking the contents of the disc on rapidshare or a similar upload site? I can't imagine it was the largest of files, and almost certainly wouldn't have required a crack to play without the disc.

Disclaimer - It's not piracy if the company that designed it no longer exists.

hibee62
29-07-2010, 12:33 PM

I did!!:greengrin

If i remember rightly I played it a couple of times, first time I appeared as a youngsetr at the start of the second season for some lower league english team, second time i was at a similar level from the start of the first season... Wasn't very good either time though...:boo hoo:

MacBean
29-07-2010, 12:58 PM

Finding myself is the only reason I ever played it. It was decent for about 3 games then just dire. Johnny Baillie was good on it as I recall?

I did!!:greengrin

If i remember rightly I played it a couple of times, first time I appeared as a youngsetr at the start of the second season for some lower league english team, second time i was at a similar level from the start of the first season... Wasn't very good either time though...:boo hoo:

I was in the game from the VERY start of it.

If you still have it start it up and go to Dunfermline. I am their second choice left back!

Paul McBeath. I started this like 5 or 6 times to see if it was just a one off, but no, every time i started a new game I was at Dunfermline as a Left Back!

Of course this could differ on other disks!

Rubbish game, yes, but i would love to give it a bash for reminiscent sake, so as above if anyone has a version we could rip and rapidshare :cool2: