PDA

View Full Version : Pre-match interviews on Slovenian TV

(((Fergus)))
28-07-2010, 11:54 PM
The thoughts of Yogi and Chris Hogg plus a lot of Slovenian stuff I didn't understand other than the statement that Hibs are the catholic team in Edinburgh whilst rivals Hearts are the protestants.

There might also have been a dig about our Scottish Cup record, but I'm not sure.

http://tvslo.si/predvajaj/skoti-prispeli-v-maribor/ava2.77363978/

Westie1875
29-07-2010, 12:09 AM
The thoughts of Yogi and Chris Hogg plus a lot of Slovenian stuff I didn't understand other than the statement that Hibs are the catholic team in Edinburgh whilst rivals Hearts are the protestants.

There might also have been a dig about our Scottish Cup record, but I'm not sure.

Is it just me that hates this being brought up? Our rivalry with Hearts has nothing to do with religion and hasn't done for a very very long time, this isn't Glasgow. :grr:

(((Fergus)))
29-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Is it just me that hates this being brought up? Our rivalry with Hearts has nothing to do with religion and hasn't done for a very very long time, this isn't Glasgow. :grr:

seen it a few times in foreign media. just ill informed perhaps.

Kyle A
29-07-2010, 12:21 AM
even the slovenians who speak english would have a hard time understanding yogi

Diclonius
29-07-2010, 12:30 AM

We're don't even have a Catholic majorty of supporters. Owing to Edinburgh's Protestant makeup I'd assume most Hibs fans are likewise Protestant/atheist. It's just a few nutters down Gorgie way that actually give a **** about it.

Well, not a few. More the entire Section N. :bitchy:

El Gubbz
29-07-2010, 12:55 AM
What do you expect when people in our own country still believe hibs are catholic and hearts and protestant? Most Scottish football fans outside Edinburgh believe there is a religious rivalry between us and the ****.

Cabbage East
29-07-2010, 04:56 AM
Luckily yogi speaks perfect Slovenian.

CentreLine
29-07-2010, 05:48 AM

:agree: Absolutely agree. Hibernian Football Club are a community club and not some sort of reliigous order. I wish people would get out of the dark ages

iwasthere1972
29-07-2010, 06:55 AM

Chris Hogg said "It's been a couple of years since we experienced any success in Europe". :confused:

So who was that against? Surely not referring to 2-1 home win against Odense a few years ago when we got knocked out the intertoto cup or have I been in a coma?