PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown

cad
28-07-2010, 09:13 PM
From being one of the most dynamic and exciting midfielder Ive seen in a Hibs jersey ,whats happening to this guy ,have Celtic ruined yet another talent through mismanagement with Gordon Strachan and Mogga being the main culprits, does he have what it takes to be a top player or is Celtic or Middlesbrough the best hes going to achieve in his career.
I cant help thinking Harry at Spurs or one or two others , would have enhanced his career rather than bumbling along at Celtic
Watching him play for Celtic hes a shadow of the vibrant attacking midfielder I saw not so long ago ,4 or 5 years down the line hes made a few quid at Celtic is that it a few quid .
IMO he wants to get as far away from Celtic and revive his career because its going downwards rapidly in a Celtic top if you ask me .

johnbc70
28-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Will probably get the pro Scott Brown camp on me back but never rated him that highly when at Hibs - some seemed to think he would go on and play for a Man U, Chelsea etc. but never saw it myself. Don't get me wrong he was a good player for us but I never saw what others seemed to see. Maybe the others will be proved right and he will play for a club like Man Utd etc but time is running out fast for him.

Tricla
28-07-2010, 09:31 PM
From being one of the most dynamic and exciting midfielder Ive seen in a Hibs jersey ,whats happening to this guy ,have Celtic ruined yet another talent through mismanagement with Gordon Strachan and Mogga being the main culprits, does he have what it takes to be a top player or is Celtic or Middlesbrough the best hes going to achieve in his career.
I cant help thinking Harry at Spurs or one or two others , would have enhanced his career rather than bumbling along at Celtic
Watching him play for Celtic hes a shadow of the vibrant attacking midfielder I saw not so long ago ,4 or 5 years down the line hes made a few quid at Celtic is that it a few quid .
IMO he wants to get as far away from Celtic and revive his career because its going downwards rapidly in a Celtic top if you ask me .

I agree.

I was watching footage of Ivans hatrick the other day and for me, those two runs that Brown made typified him for me at that time. He was the best in the league at bursting forward like that.

No now.

heretoday
28-07-2010, 09:45 PM
He's still got the talent. It'll take a decent manager to bring it out. Mr Lennon need not apply.

Rattler
28-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Personally, you could see him playing alongside the likes of Fletcher at Man U, sitting in the centre of the park, bursting forward when the chances are there blah blah, but it would take the right team who play the right type of game tobring out the best in him. Spurs would be nice, or how about..................Liverpool -imagine him playing beside Gerard and them taking it in turns to bomb forward when the opportunities are there.

Just my thoughts obviously................

Bishop Hibee
28-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Will probably get the pro Scott Brown camp on me back but never rated him that highly when at Hibs - some seemed to think he would go on and play for a Man U, Chelsea etc. but never saw it myself. Don't get me wrong he was a good player for us but I never saw what others seemed to see. Maybe the others will be proved right and he will play for a club like Man Utd etc but time is running out fast for him.

I never saw Brown as playing for a top 6 EPL team but he'd defo do a job at Fulham, Stoke, Wigan etc. I thought he was a great player for Hibs and he was a regular under Strachan when Celtc won the league. He's always done a decent job in a Scotland jersey despite being played on the right too often.

Time for a move from the SPL I'd say.

snooky
28-07-2010, 10:26 PM
I've always felt that when playing for Celtic he looks as if his heart is not in it and that he is basically going through the motions.
Just my opinion likes.

Go south young man before it's too late. :boo hoo:

rainman
29-07-2010, 12:27 AM

When you say "the pro Scott Brown camp" do you just mean a group of individials who rate him, including Celtic who valued him at 4mil+ and various other clubs who registered an interest at the time?

Westie1875
29-07-2010, 12:30 AM
I've always felt that when playing for Celtic he looks as if his heart is not in it and that he is basically going through the motions.
Just my opinion likes.

Go south young man before it's too late. :boo hoo:

Agree with this, he doesn't look like he enjoys his football very much anymore at celtic (if he ever did) - time for a move :agree:

hibeedonald
29-07-2010, 12:36 AM
did well under strachan but not been in form since then apart from the odd game

dirtydirk
29-07-2010, 07:35 AM
I was the same, I thought brown was one of the most exciting players i've seen at hibs. Was one of the only players in the league that wouldnt be bullied in the midfield by the likes of barry ferguson and lennon. I dont think its lack of ability anymore, I think its just the difference between playing for a move that will take your wages from 1500 a week to 30 grand a week. Whereas now I just dont think he has any desire. If he plays good or bad, it doesnt matter, the most he can win is the scottish league which he has already done and he will still end up a multi millionaire

bighairyfaeleith
29-07-2010, 07:45 AM
When you say "the pro Scott Brown camp" do you just mean a group of individials who rate him, including Celtic who valued him at 4mil+ and various other clubs who registered an interest at the time?

I think you may have just bitten:greengrin

J-C
29-07-2010, 07:56 AM
I sighed when I heard the Celtic line up last night, with Brown playing as 1 of 2 holding midfielders, since when did Scotty ever become a holding mid, the guy was the most dynamic attacking mid in the SPL when at Hibs, that's why Celtic wanted him.:grr:

Caversham Green
29-07-2010, 08:31 AM
I can't help thinking he wasted an opportunity by not signing for Reading. They were crying out for a player like Brown to replace Sidwell, and I think he would have been enough to keep them in the EPL - they only went down on goal difference. That would have kept him in the public eye down here and he would almost certainly have gone on to bigger and better things, even if Reading didn't. A tragedy for both player and club IMO.

PS It was Fulham that stayed up instead of Reading - Europa Cup finalists last season....

jdships
29-07-2010, 08:34 AM
I sighed when I heard the Celtic line up last night, with Brown playing as 1 of 2 holding midfielders, since when did Scotty ever become a holding mid, the guy was the most dynamic attacking mid in the SPL when at Hibs, that's why Celtic wanted him.:grr:

:top marks
That was my thought exactly last night.
His bursting runs from midfield could win a game "just like that ".
Agree with other posters he does not look himself - is he now just living in the comfort zone ?
Shame if that is the story as I again agree he could have been a potential star for a mid table EPL te

:confused:

Stevie Reid
29-07-2010, 08:47 AM
I honestly thought that Scotty would turn out to be a Scottish Roy Keane when he left us, and though surprised and absolutely delighted to get the fee that we did for him, I definitely didn't feel it was over the odds.

I suppose we cannot underestimate the effect that the tragic loss of his sister would have had on him at a young age, but there are undoubtedly other factors hampering his development, most obviously being asked to play a role that doesn't all utilise his strengths. Like Keane, Brown is not the most gifted footballer technically, and was never known for his refined technique - but his all action style, ability to get from box to box and contribute equally to creating attacks and breaking up opposition ones meant that he could be a matchwinner on a regular basis.

It's easy to forget as well that he started off his career as a forward. Often players who start their careers as strikers end up playing as attacking midfielders, wingers, some as centre halves if they have the physical attributes - but centre forwards who become holding midfielders? Never heard of that.

Captain Trips
29-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Brown did not care a jot about the supporters feelings at Hibs when trying to get away. His job now is when playing us is to help in our defeat. while that is the case and even if went abroad or down south, Brown and Celtic can **** off with each other.

stubru59
29-07-2010, 09:30 AM
The Scott Brown I remember was in our first eleven when we played up at ICT, where on a cold miserable December, we were comprehensively out-played and out-fought.

zlatan
29-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Personally I reckon his, and a few other recent Hibs - OF players, are why we're seeing the SPL's best youngsters move down to England these days. Fletcher and McCarthy done brilliantly and are developing their game whereas the likes of Whittaker, Thomson, Mark Wilson and Brown have barely improved, or even gone backwards in Browns case.

Hibs and the other SPL teams should be using the above examples to tell their youngsters why they should stay put for a good 4 or 5 years before getting themselves the big move they desire, outside of Scotland.

HibbyAndy
29-07-2010, 10:49 AM
I agree.

I was watching footage of Ivans hatrick the other day and for me, those two runs that Brown made typified him for me at that time. He was the best in the league at bursting forward like that.
No now.

Correct.

A shadow of his former self now ..Really thought Broonaldo had the world at his feet, From what ive seen of him at Celtc he doesnt play with the hunger and desire he showed when playing for us, Just seems to be stagnating at Celtc.

3pm
29-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Midfield to front, he is playing in a weaker side. He's a good player when he has good players round him but I don't think individually he is that good. Never understood the adulation he has received on here - is it because of the price tag?!

There were better footballers than Scott Brown in the team at the time - Riordan, O'Connor, Thomson, Whittaker, Murphy....

vahibbie
29-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Correct.

A shadow of his former self now ..Really thought Broonaldo had the world at his feet, From what ive seen of him at Celtc he doesnt play with the hunger and desire he showed when playing for us, Just seems to be stagnating at Celtc.
:agree:

Don't think he has the confidence he once had either. He was a bit of a "cocky" ******* at Hibs. Just seems to be going thru the motions now.