PDA

View Full Version : 'The Lenny Revolution'

Ollie Reed
28-07-2010, 08:44 PM
The term so affectionally written by the Scottish football journalists...

Kind of going t!ts up for them tonight isn't it? :thumbsup:

Toaods
28-07-2010, 08:54 PM
hope the sour faced wee Ginger turd gets slaughtered every week and the board 'stick by him until he comes good'...:faf:

I dislike him more than any individual Hearts player.

Hainan Hibs
28-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Raman "Here's Raman with the sports news....LENNY! LENNY! LENNY!" Bhardwaj from STV News will be on suicide watch right now.

MacBean
28-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Strachan's first game in charge was a 5-0 defeat to Bratislava, this is nowhere near as bad, and look how successful he was!

Have to say the free kick awarded for the third goal was a poor decision by ref and the pen conceded was very, very soft.

still

GIRFUY :bye::thumbsup:

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-07-2010, 09:05 PM
The Celtic fans were warned about Lennon but did they listen :bitchy:

Big_Franck
28-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Strachan's first game in charge was a 5-0 defeat to Bratislava, this is nowhere near as bad, and look how successful he was!

Have to say the free kick awarded for the third goal was a poor decision by ref and the pen conceded was very, very soft.

still

GIRFUY :bye::thumbsup:

Totally disagree with that. Brown took a swipe at the boy well after the ball had gone and clearly caught him on the shin. Having said that I thought the ref was poor and a total homer. Made my night really :wink:

Brown was poor. He's really gone backwards since he left us. Serves him right :greengrin

Jonnyboy
28-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Can I just remind folk that 3-0 is not insurmountable - look at Napoli v Hibs :greengrin

Also, the Celtc once lost 4-0 in Belgrade but won the second leg 5-0 to qualify

Mind you, they had good players and a good manager back then :wink:

hibee bouncer
28-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Braga doo doo doo, Oh Neil Lennon they pumped you! :thumbsup:

Davy Mac
28-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Still a strange appointment for me.

Shirley the infirm are there for the taking this season.....

Bishop Hibee
28-07-2010, 09:40 PM

A cheap appointment, rather than strange, meant to appease the sellickminded hordes. More sensible (there are a few) fans of the lesser greens were less than impressed with Lennon being given the job.

Lets hope he's Mogga part 2 rather than Strachan.

The Silver Fox
28-07-2010, 09:56 PM
The worst appointment instead of promoting talent is the old chestnut employ a 'Celtic' man.

Neil Lennon was and always will be a cheap and temporary option. He is on a 12 month rolling contract or 1 year contract and will be easily disposed of by the board. The appointment lacked imagination, Tony Mowbray for all his faults was a far better guy for the job. He had vision and it was not matched by his players. Neil Lennon does all the chest thumping but provides nothing of substance.

He will be lucky if he last the season and the supporters will turn on him big time.

Turnip
28-07-2010, 09:57 PM

Agreed, but We wont do it, the old firm are still miles ahead financially, Scotlands shame offered boyd 18k pw ffs. they will struggle due to the size of their squad and sellick with all their new superstars will take time to gel, but they will still be 20 points clear when the prize is handed oot. Had We made another 4 or 5 good experienced signings then We may have got closer, but We will and should IMO remain within Our financial limits. We are on the right road, a long, long way down it from 20 years ago, but still face an uphill battle to catch the bigots. You only have to look to the west of the city to realise the folly of beLIEving you can match their spending power. 10k pw for nade :yamlaugh:

Toaods
28-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Brown was poor. He's really gone backwards since he joined Celtic. Serves him right :greengrin

sorted that for you....:wink:

CRAZYHIBBY
28-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Lennon did say he wanted to bring the fire back, well they certainly crashed and burned tonight:greengrin

Green_one
28-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Lennon is really good with cup ties then

I maintain the guy is a train crash for Celtic. I thought he was a cheap option and that he would get no real cash. But he has spent a fair bit already. Oh Dear

Pity we are unable to take any advantage.

big-mo
28-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Lennon must stay,
Lennon must stay,
All together now,
Lennon must stay.

millarco
28-07-2010, 10:36 PM
A slightly different take on the match from the official site:

http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/news_280710221413.aspx

compared to the BBC report:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8860029.stm

houston1875
28-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Wat price were braga the night,shoulda lumped on after seeing Celtic starting 11,
Lennon won't last,smelltic need a old hand at the helm? A hiddink etc

CallumHibs07
28-07-2010, 11:51 PM
hope the sour faced wee Ginger turd gets slaughtered every week and the board 'stick by him until he comes good'...:faf:

I dislike him more than any individual Hearts player.
Even Paul Hartley? :whistle:

IWasThere2016
28-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Braga were 10/11 :wink: