PDA

View Full Version : Nick Colgan

LancashireHibby
28-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Stumbled across this and thought I'd share it...

Gainsborough Trinity 0-0 Grimsby Town; Pre-Season Friendly
Admission: £3; Programme: Teamsheet Only (Free); Attendance: 742

Not a bad evenings 'entertainment' at the Northolme on a lovely evening once again, despite there being rain earlier in the day. Grimsby hit the post twice and had several other great chances, how we didn't score is beyond me but a combination of luck, post, and our ex-keeper Phil Barnes being in good form thwarted our chances. The most memorable bit was Town stopper Nick Colgan showing his lack of maturity (can you believe that at his age) by reacting to some Grimsby fans behind the goal. He's definitely not the most popular of players due to various faux-pas and flaps last season, so when an easy save was made a few ironic cheers came from the back of the stand. To which Mr. Colgan took exception to and told them to "Shut the F*** up." Mm, quite! I really want that guy in goal for us in the future!
Anyway, the Blues club itself now does real ale, and it was excellent and just perfect for the balmy evening - Everards Golden Zest was just the tonic and in superb form. Other beers were had in the Elm Cottage, Canute, and the lovely 8 Jolly Brewers, where a gorgeous pint of Porter scored very highly with me. Cropton's Blackout, excellent and highly recommended!

Viva_Palmeiras
28-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Ffs what namby pamby fluffy clouds world does the writer live in I mean getting stuck in to the opposition why not?

LancashireHibby
28-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Ffs what namby pamby fluffy clouds world does the writer live in I mean getting stuck in to the opposition why not?

He's not, Colgan was reacting to his own fans!

maturehibby
28-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Not averse to turning and glaring at Hibs fans in the Famous five stand when comments made about his errors were said to him

Bob1875
29-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Not averse to turning and glaring at Hibs fans in the Famous five stand when comments made about his errors were said to him

How dare he eh. If fans give it out they should accept it back.:grr: