PDA

View Full Version : Hows this for a first XI for next season?

The Sea-gull
28-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Looks like we could be all but done in terms of signings though I would hope that when (and I say when coz lets face it he is away or if he's not he should be as I can't see him being anything other than a disruptive influence if he stays) Bamba goes we'll sign a commanding CH. To be honest, even if he stays I've always felt we need one as Hanlon and Stephens are a bit inexperienced and Hogg/Thicot ain't the answer.

This team looks ok though.

Stack
Hart New CH Hanlon Murray
McBride
Zemamma De Graff Miller Riordan
Stokes

We can always use Wotherspoon and Rankin to freshen midfield up a bit when required. McBride is a good outlet for the defenders though Miller and Rankin can play that position too. We could maybe do with someone with a bit more physical presence to play there though.

Wotherspoon gives us an alternative option to Zemamma when his inevitable injuries and loss of form occur.

Plenty of attacking support for Stokes in Zemamma, De Graff (from what we're told), Miller and Riordan.

Signings still required - a commanding centre half, a physical defensive midfielder and a back up striker.