PDA

View Full Version : Question Yams game last night

matty_f
28-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Anyone know why the Yams took the unusual step of playing in last season's away kit last night? Surely they should have been sporting their new kit? :dunno:

Scooter
28-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Anyone know why the Yams took the unusual step of playing in last season's away kit last night? Surely they should have been sporting their new kit? :dunno:

Matty are you not a PM??

Wembley67
28-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Matty are you not a PM??

Doh! :wink:

matty_f
28-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Matty are you not a PM??

:agree: Why?

Scooter
28-07-2010, 11:27 AM

well have you looked at the post "hearts" :confused:

matty_f
28-07-2010, 11:29 AM

Aye.:greengrin

Ritchie
28-07-2010, 11:31 AM
surely news as good as this should be open to the public domain archie!

dont say anything about the source.... just the downright dirty facts! :agree:

DaveF
28-07-2010, 11:31 AM

Kit suppliers in liquidation?

Gypo's nicked the new kit from the washing line?

Pick any reason apart from it being Romanov's fault......

PiemanP
28-07-2010, 11:33 AM
From what I've heard from a jambo collegue, is that the yams havnt paid Umbro the full paymnet to supply them with the new strips.

Also the same reason why their strip release was so late!

Scooter
28-07-2010, 11:35 AM
surely news as good as this should be open to the public domain archie!

dont say anything about the source.... just the downright dirty facts! :agree:

no Scott i dont want to for a number of reason :rolleyes:

see you tonight :wink:

MacBean
28-07-2010, 11:36 AM
From what I've heard from a jambo collegue, is that the yams havnt paid Umbro the full paymnet to supply them with the new strips.

same mate as Archie? :confused:
:cool2:

you a pm btw? just trying to add the likelyhood

DaveF
28-07-2010, 11:36 AM

Would have to be a fault of the supplier.

Maybe Umbro didn't send enough final demands or have not realised that all companies pay their bills only when threatened with legal action.

MSK
28-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Kit suppliers in liquidation?

Gypo's nicked the new kit from the washing line?

Pick any reason apart from it being Romanov's fault......:faf:

PiemanP
28-07-2010, 11:38 AM
same mate as Archie? :confused:
:cool2:

you a pm btw? just trying to add the likelyhood

I dont know any archies :greengrin

i presume this is on the Pm board?

Gatecrasher
28-07-2010, 11:38 AM

Matty are you not a PM??

Aye.:greengrin

that was funny :greengrin

MacBean
28-07-2010, 11:41 AM
I dont know any archies :greengrin

i presume this is on the Pm board?

It is indeed,

stories match up...

Interesting, yet HILARIOUS!! :faf::faf:

MrSmith
28-07-2010, 11:47 AM
c'mon lads put us out of our misery!! cannae read the pm board and now need to know!!:grr::grr::grr:

Scooter
28-07-2010, 11:50 AM
c'mon lads put us out of our misery!! cannae read the pm board and now need to know!!:grr::grr::grr:

only a tenner :greengrin

but post 9 pretty much covers it

MacBean
28-07-2010, 11:50 AM

see post number 9 by piemanpiley.

This will continue through until they do make that payment (imagine first game of the season having to wear old kits!):faf:

Kojock
28-07-2010, 11:51 AM
I know the women who washes the Hertz kit and she was telling me that after the match last night she washed all the strips and hung them out to dry this morning. She has just looked out her window and some dirty bassa has entered her garden and stolen all her pegs.

Anyone on here responsible :confused:

Kojock
28-07-2010, 11:53 AM
see post number 9 by piemanpiley.

This will continue through until they do make that payment (imagine first game of the season having to wear old kits!):faf:

Correct me if Im wrong but dont you need to register your strip with th SPL / SFA so if they registered their new strip they wont be able to wear the old one this season.

Big Frank
28-07-2010, 11:55 AM

Nothing to see here matty. This will be a mix up from their kit man.

If not :

Hertz should sue:agree: If they've paid their monies to their kit supplier, and they haven't supplied it, they should sue.

This is just another example of Hertz being treated disgracefully :grr:

MacBean
28-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Correct me if Im wrong but dont you need to register your strip with th SPL / SFA so if they registered their new strip they wont be able to wear the old one this season.

you could well be correct Hamish. Who is to say that the Yams haven't registered any new kits with the SPL :wink:

Could be that they end up playing skins v shirts!:faf:

CropleyWasGod
28-07-2010, 11:57 AM
I know the women who washes the Hertz kit and she was telling me that after the match last night she washed all the strips and hung them out to dry this morning. She has just looked out her window and some dirty bassa has entered her garden and stolen all her pegs.

Anyone on here responsible :confused:

As the Managing Director of PegsFinance.Co.Uk, I can issue the following statement:-

"Owing to the continuing non-payment of instalments due on their clothes-peg finance agreement, despite repeated undertakings that such payments would be honoured, we have exercised our right under said agreement to repossess said clothes-pegs. Our appointed representative, Dog the Bounty Hunter, duly executed the repossession warrant overnight."

Speedway
28-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Perhaps at the next derby at ER, whilst the yams are waiting outside for the turnstiles to open in the South; a few of us could drive up and down in a wedding car, winding the window down each time we pass them, throwing some pennies out onto the kerbside and shout SCRAMBLE!!

That could be fun.

HibbyAndy
28-07-2010, 01:37 PM

That is EXACTLY what ive heard/Been told.

Only Hearts.Joke team.Joke set up.Joke fans. Everything about that mob reeks of 2nd class.

Sergey
28-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Any monies due will be for last seasons merchandise and/or the % of sales.

They've maybe attempted to fob-off the current debt to the new management firm who'll be operating their stores this year for a reduced % cut.

Pretty poor that they are still sporting last years clobber. Is it just the 1st team squad, or are the youths without kit, too?

Diclonius
28-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Does this mean that come the beginning of the season and this hasn't been resolved that they may be unable to fulfll their fixtures and face expulsion from the SPL?

Mikey
28-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Any monies due will be for last seasons merchandise and/or the % of sales.

They've maybe attempted to fob-off the current debt to the new management firm who'll be operating their stores this year for a reduced % cut.

Pretty poor that they are still sporting last years clobber. Is it just the 1st team squad, or are the youths without kit, too?

Youth teams are playing in last year's kit too. There's a pic in the thread on the PM board.

Jack
28-07-2010, 06:56 PM
I reported a couple of weeks ago they were disputing their bill with the coach company they use. Never heard if that had been resolved - not that thats likely.
Only a couple of grand but between all this, the tax man, flogging single game tickets for the whole season ahead it adds up to a sorry mess.
I feel sorry for the genuine fans and supporters - no I dinny! Well maybe just a wee bit, what can they do? Many have already given up there STs.

steviecarnie
28-07-2010, 07:27 PM
whats the chat on keekback about this? or has the fact they are in last seasons strip, been conviently glossed over?

Sergey
28-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Youth teams are playing in last year's kit too.

Oh dear. That is shoddy.

I'd imagine that their forthcoming European ties against Gillingham and Millwall will see last seasons kit paraded.

I do know a laundrette on the Old Kent Road that they could use between matches :agree:

Kyle A
28-07-2010, 07:31 PM
whats the chat on keekback about this? or has the fact they are in last seasons strip, been conviently glossed over?

I think the fitba on show at east end park was that horrendous they didn't even notice

Jack
28-07-2010, 07:57 PM
My Pars pal tells me they fielded 6 youngsters in the first half holding the virtually full strength yams to nil nil.
Second half started with pretty much a full squad and they were one up in 43 seconds. I reckon they must have taken it easy one them after that.

CoatbridgeHibee
28-07-2010, 08:13 PM
one of my mates plays with sellick and they played the yams in the final of a tournament in Derry, the yams wore their horrible new home strips.

ps. think that was 15's age groups

Judas Iscariot
28-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Matty are you not a PM??

You are a Joey like..

Twiglet
28-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Just checked the SPL website re registering strips.

It's in the SPL handbook that each team has to register their colours with the spl board by 1st June (or other date set by them) in writing and give the secretary a sample by 30th June.
Each team must play in their registered colours for the whole season, except in the event of a colour clash.
Their new kit is in the 2010/11 spl handbook, so I assume is registered.

What it doesn't say is what happens if a team doesn't wear their registered kit.

No doubt it'll get sorted last minute though...

Sergey
28-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Just checked the SPL website re registering strips.

It's in the SPL handbook that each team has to register their colours with the spl board by 1st June (or other date set by them) in writing and give the secretary a sample by 30th June.
Each team must play in their registered colours for the whole season, except in the event of a colour clash.
Their new kit is in the 2010/11 spl handbook, so I assume is registered.

What it doesn't say is what happens if a team doesn't wear their registered kit.

No doubt it'll get sorted last minute though...

Good post, Twiglet :agree:

matty_f
30-07-2010, 07:53 AM
They wore their old home strips last night.

Can't be a problem with the supplier, I wouldn't have thought, as both sides of Rantic were sporting their new strips through pre-season...

MSK
30-07-2010, 07:56 AM
They wore their old home strips last night.

Can't be a problem with the supplier, I wouldn't have thought, as both sides of Rantic were sporting their new strips through pre-season...Tramps ...:agree:

matty_f
30-07-2010, 07:59 AM
Tramps ...:agree:

Same applies if they had managed to get some new strips for the games, mind.:greengrin

MSK
30-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Same applies if they had managed to get some new strips for the games, mind.:greengrinOf course ..:greengrin