PDA

View Full Version : SPL Season 2010/2011

MacBean
28-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Well its only a few weeks away and im as excited as I was last week when Toy Story 3 came out.

Its pretty interesting to see supporters of other teams views on us, our neighbours and our nearest challengers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A72222149

Most of the comments have us finishing in third with a potential challenge for Second... Can we live up to it?

What are your thoughts for the season ahead and how well do you expect Hibs, Hearts et al to do?

FWIW here is my prediction:

Celtic
Rangers
Dundee United
Hibernian
Heart of Midlothian
Motherwell
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Aberdeen
St Johnstone
Hamilton
Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Kilmarnock
St Mirren

CallumLaidlaw
28-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Well its only a few weeks away and im as excited as I was last week when Toy Story 3 came out.

Its pretty interesting to see supporters of other teams views on us, our neighbours and our nearest challengers.

Most of the comments have us finishing in third with a potential challenge for Second... Can we live up to it?

What are your thoughts for the season ahead and how well do you expect Hibs, Hearts et al to do?

Celtic
Rangers
Dundee United
Hibernian
Heart of Midlothian
Motherwell
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Aberdeen
St Johnstone
Hamilton
Kilmarnock
St Mirren

As every year, I'm looking forward to the season starting. Would still like us to add another player or two.

Here's how I see it -

Celtic
Rangers
Dundee United
Hibernian
Heart of Midlothian
St Johnstone
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Motherwell
Aberdeen
Kilmarnock
Hamilton
St Mirren

IFONLY
28-07-2010, 09:20 AM

Celtic
Rangers
Dundee United
Hibernian
Heart of Midlothian
Motherwell
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Aberdeen
St Johnstone
Hamilton
Kilmarnock

St Mirren

Pretty poor article IMO they have Boozy in the Killie team (failed medical) and Bamba (who will probably be away soon) and Zemmama(where is he?) in our team. Very little research done.

MacBean
28-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Pretty poor article IMO they have Boozy in the Killie team (failed medical) and Bamba (who will probably be away soon) and Zemmama(where is he?) in our team. Very little research done.

agree with you on that front, however i was trying to bring the other supporters responses and comments to our attentions as opposed to the article itself.

Zemmama is still at the club, will be returning from injury in mid September IIRC.

how they missed that Boozy failed his medical I'll never know!!

Steve20
28-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Celtic
Rangers
Dundee Utd
Hibs(Still think we need to improve our defence to finish top4)
Hearts
Aberdeen

St Johnstone
Motherwell
Hamilton
Inverness
Kilmarnock
St Mirren

mjhibby
28-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Ah the dangerous game that is predicting how your team will do.Fwiw the signings yogi has made have strengthened the team and preseason has been a lot better than in previous years.We should hit the ground running but the central defensive area is a worry still but the signing of hart and degraaf should improve us in that area.Hopefully yogi will sort the bamba situation quickly and either get his head right or sell him and get someone decent in.
4th is where i see us finishing and hopeully a run in either of the cups.Not bothered who is first or second but the arabs for third with st johnstone and hertz making up the top six.St mirren or killie for the drop with caley to be the surprise team of the season(not really that much of a surprise).

Ed De Gramo
28-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Celtic
Rangers
Hibs
Dundee Utd
Motherwell
Hamilton

Hearts
Aberdeen
St Johnstone
ICT
Killie
St Mirren

Hibs On Tour
28-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Celtic
Rangers
Hibs
Hearts
Motherwell
Dundee Utd

Hamilton
Aberdeen
St Johnstone
ICT
St Mirren
Killie

Ritchie
28-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Celtic
Rangers
Dundee Utd
Hibs
Hamilton
Motherwell

Hearts
Aberdeen
St Johnstone
ICT
Killie
St Mirren

MyJo
28-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Hibs
Celtic
Rangers
Dundee United
Motherwell
Aberdeen
St Johnstone
ICT
Killie
Hamilton
St Mirren
Hearts

:pray: :greengrin

IndieHibby
28-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Hibs
Celtic
Rangers
Dundee United
Motherwell
Aberdeen
St Johnstone
ICT
Killie
Hamilton
St Mirren
Hearts

:pray: :greengrin

That's the spirit! I'm with you...:thumbsup:

GlesgaeHibby
28-07-2010, 01:50 PM
I'd like to see us and Dundee Utd really push Rangers for 2nd place. For too long they have been given too much respect by other teams in the SPL, but if they do not strengthen any further it's as good a chance as any to push them all the way.

They have a first choice XI of

McGregor
Bougherra Webster Weir Papac
Naismith Edu Davis Whittaker
Lafferty Miller

and a bench of
Alexander
Clubfoot
McCulloch
Velicka
Fleck
McMillan
Wylde
Little

A strong first XI (although we have much better strikers) that won't ship many goals, but will struggle to score many. Bougherra will be gone by January at the latest, Weir is 40 and had an injury free season last year, but I doubt he'll manage to play anything like as many games this season as he did last.

They really are distinctly average, and given they have champions league games to play as well I expect they'll pick up a few injuries and really struggle.

What they do have is a great manager and a winning mentality, and I think they probably will finish 2nd, but I'd love to see us go for 2nd.

Celtic
Rangers
Hibs
Dundee Utd
Motherwell
Hearts
St Johnstone
Aberdeen
ICT
Kilmarnock
St Mirren
Hamilton

hibeedonald
28-07-2010, 01:58 PM
I'd like to see us and Dundee Utd really push Rangers for 2nd place. For too long they have been given too much respect by other teams in the SPL, but if they do not strengthen any further it's as good a chance as any to push them all the way.

They have a first choice XI of

McGregor
Bougherra Webster Weir Papac
Naismith Edu Davis Whittaker
Lafferty Miller

and a bench of
Alexander
Clubfoot
McCulloch
Velicka
Fleck
McMillan
Wylde
Little

A strong first XI (although we have much better strikers) that won't ship many goals, but will struggle to score many. Bougherra will be gone by January at the latest, Weir is 40 and had an injury free season last year, but I doubt he'll manage to play anything like as many games this season as he did last.

They really are distinctly average, and given they have champions league games to play as well I expect they'll pick up a few injuries and really struggle.

What they do have is a great manager and a winning mentality, and I think they probably will finish 2nd, but I'd love to see us go for 2nd.

Celtic
Rangers
Hibs
Dundee Utd
Motherwell
Hearts
St Johnstone
Aberdeen
ICT
Kilmarnock
St Mirren
Hamilton

agreed, defensively rangers are strong but they wont be able to play god football with midfeild/attack although kenny miller can be a clinical finisher, IMO rangers will come 2nd and celtic will run away with it.

Cameron1875
28-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Rangers
Celtic
Hibs
Dundee United
Motherwell
Hearts

St johnstone
ICT
Hamilton
Aberdeen
St mirren
Kilmarnock

Diclonius
28-07-2010, 04:19 PM
agreed, defensively rangers are strong but they wont be able to play god football with midfeild/attack although kenny miller can be a clinical finisher, IMO rangers will come 2nd and celtic will run away with it.

:bitchy: Have you seen him play for Scotland?

Miller is a creator for a finisher, which Rangers don't have right now.

Hibby70
28-07-2010, 04:21 PM
one things for sure, hearts will finish above hibs.

In the crime count.

West Upper
28-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Celtic
Rangers
Dundee Utd
Hibs
Hearts
Motherwell
-------------
St Johnstone
Hamilton
Aberdeen
ICT
Kilmarnock
St Mirren

thefamousfive
28-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Celtic
Hibs
Dundee Utd
Rangers
Hearts
Inverness Caley
----------------
St Johns stanes
St Mirren
Murderwell
Hamilton
Kilmarnock
Aberdeen

Optimisitic about to 6 but have a contact in the Aberdeen 1st team and he said its not looking good.

ScottB
28-07-2010, 05:54 PM
So this is what I'm thinking...

Celtic
Hibernian
Rangers
Dundee United
Motherwell
St Johnstone
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hearts
Aberdeen
Hamilton
Kilmarnock
St Mirren

I think it will be between us and Rangers for 2nd, and it could go either way, particularly should they lose Davis, McGreggor and Bougherra. After Dundee United there's not a lot between the other teams, Motherwell have lost players, Aberdeen won't do too much and Hearts, despite their own opinions are weaker than they were last year, and already rumours of problems there.

At the bottom, Killie and St Mirren look hopeless, one no cash, the other full of third division players. ICT should have enough to stay up, Hamilton if they handle losing MacArthur too.

churchie16
28-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Hibs :agree: :greengrin
celtic
rangers
dundee utd
motherwell
st johnstone
------------
aberdeen
hamilton
inverness