PDA

View Full Version : Republic squad v Argentina

Aubenas
27-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Sheridan and McGeady (apparently despite 'injured thigh')in, but no Stokes or Miller! :grr:

DC_Hibs
27-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Sheridan and McGeady (apparently despite 'injured thigh')in, but no Stokes or Miller! :grr:

Excellent news for Hibs

Bishop Hibee
27-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Excellent news for Hibs

Agreed in terms of no chance of injuries but Sheridan couldn't lace Stokes' boots.

Diclonius
27-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Why the **** is Sheridan always ahead of Stokes? :grr:

You can't use the "he plays for Celtic so no comparision" excuse either - Stokes was an infinitely better for Hibs last season than Sheridan was for St Johnstone.

If Sheridan leaves Celtic then watch him disappear from the Ireland squad.

DAZ86
27-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Superb. I think Stokes has proven his worth and we have a european tie coming up. Hughes wouldve been involved in that decision I would imagine.

Good news for Hibs , good work by Hibs.

DAZ86
27-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Why the **** is Sheridan always ahead of Stokes? :grr:

You can't use the "he plays for Celtic so no comparision" excuse either - Stokes was an infinitely better for Hibs last season than Sheridan was for St Johnstone.

If Sheridan leaves Celtic then watch him disappear from the Ireland squad.

- He isnt. Stokes has one more cap than him at full level and also some 'B' caps , which Sheridan doesn't. Hibs have had a hand in selection I think.

aberhibsfc
28-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Shame for the players, good for Hibs.

It must be a blow to full bloodied Irish boys to miss out on their countries matches whilst Plastic Pady Prima Donna's get to represent their country.

Seems that the ROI suffer the same fate as that of past Scotland squad selections. Players in the Championship and OF always make the team (whether carrying inuries / lack of playing time) over those who will feature week in week out at less glamerous clubs. There is no doubting Miller and Stokes quality, they'll prove this themselves when the league gets off and running. Hopefully for their sake, they can force their way back into the team.