PDA

View Full Version : Update on Benji

Hibstrooper
27-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Not seen this posted anywhere else and not sure how accurate this is however it looks like Benji may have joined the Egyptian team Ismaily SC:

http://transfermarkt.co.uk/en/abdessalam-benjelloun/transfers/spieler_39078.html

Tried to check their official site to see but good luck to anyone who wants to try and figure that out!

A wasted talent - I remember thinking he was going to have a storming season after the League Cup season. Good luck to the guy though

Ritchie
27-07-2010, 12:12 PM
i thought he signed for a german team :confused:

M11BMO
27-07-2010, 12:49 PM
i thought he signed for a german team :confused:

So did I. Apparently that move fell through as he demanded too much money...

ballengeich
27-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Sounds like a good move for him. From what I know Egypt has one of the best, and probably the best paying league in Africa, and Ismaily are one of the biggest clubs outside the big Cairo twins Al Ahly and Zamalek.

I wish the guy a better time in future.

An Leargaidh
27-07-2010, 01:34 PM
I can confirm from my very rudimentary knowledge of Arabic that Benji is indeed now a player with Ismaili SC:

"Bentaddei said that Benjelloun, known to the masses as "Bungee" had passed the medical examination successfully without any problems..."

Sorry but that took me 30 mins to work out but Benji is now definitely playing in Egypt for Ismaili SC.
Hope you have a fun time there wee man! :notworthy:

(((Fergus)))
27-07-2010, 02:38 PM
"Ismaily also is well-known for being rich in skillful players and for the enjoyable style of play which is the reason they are known as The Egyptian Samba. However, the club is also known for being usually unsuccessful to translate these abilities into championships."

Sound familiar? :greengrin