PDA

View Full Version : 1st choice keeper

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Having seen all three in action, I think I would have Stack as number 1 this season, with Smith number 2......

Stack is a great shot stopper and communicates clearly and effectively with his defence.....Think he deserves the jersey IMO

Hibs90
26-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Not seen Brown yet, so going by that I'd play Smith in goals.

Billy Whizz
26-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Having seen all three in action, I think I would have Stack as number 1 this season, with Smith number 2......

Stack is a great shot stopper and communicates clearly and effectively with his defence.....Think he deserves the jersey IMO

Any idea who has played most minutes in pre season.
Saw Brown and Smith at Dunfermline but haven't seen Stack so far.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Not having seen Brown, its Stack for me. Brown will have to wait for his chance, and Smith can go take a hike for me. I'd be happy if i never saw him ever again.

.Sean.
26-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Stack for me :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Any idea who has played most minutes in pre season.
Saw Brown and Smith at Dunfermline but haven't seen Stack so far.

They have all been given a fair shot.....

bingo70
26-07-2010, 08:17 PM

I've not seen Brown play for hibs yet but i always rated him when i saw him playing against us so i'd have him and Stack competing for the 1st choice, probably Brown being the 1st choice, although if you say Brown hasn't impressed pre-season i'd start with Stack.

Thought Smith was pish so i'd have him as 3rd choice.

Billy Whizz
26-07-2010, 08:18 PM
They have all been given a fair shot.....
Yogi's got a decision to make. I think he'll go with Stack for experience.

wazoo1875
Not seen Brown yet , but on past evidence i thought he would be Yogis first choice eventually.
But it's Stack for me, as the op stated he does the most shouting and bawling at the defence and generally organises them quite well.

Baldy Foghorn
I've not seen Brown play for hibs yet but i always rated him when i saw him playing against us so i'd have him and Stack competing for the 1st choice, probably Brown being the 1st choice, although if you say Brown hasn't impressed pre-season i'd start with Stack.

Thought Smith was pish so i'd have him as 3rd choice.

Brown never impressed me, certainly not in Den Haag match

Tricla
26-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Not having seen Brown, its Stack for me. Brown will have to wait for his chance, and Smith can go take a hike for me. I'd be happy if i never saw him ever again.

A tad strong surely?

HibeePaj
26-07-2010, 08:20 PM
iv seen all 3 play and i would definately hav stack as our number one with mark brown being his backup. Graeme Smith can clean boots if he fancies it:wink:

Boris
26-07-2010, 08:21 PM

Aye, and he disni bugle in his pal's sink........:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Aye, and he disni bugle in his pal's sink........:greengrin

:sick::duck:

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2010, 08:29 PM
A tad strong surely?

Not for me, i'd rather play Maka than him.

Tricla
26-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Not for me, i'd rather play Maka than him.

I think Smith could be good.

Remember he had a blinding start to his Hibs career.

He is capable.

sixtwo
26-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Brown will start if he is fully fit. He is the best we have imo. Stack is second best.

fife hfc
26-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Not seen Brown yet , but on past evidence i thought he would be Yogis first choice eventually.
But it's Stack for me, as the op stated he does the most shouting and bawling at the defence and generally organises them quite well.

That's why he would be my no.1. With Hogg in the centre we need a good communicator and Stack looks the best for this. When we had our good defensive record prior to Xmas stack was in goals for the majority of the games. Post Xmas we lost his skills and lost more goals.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2010, 08:44 PM
I think Smith could be good.

Remember he had a blinding start to his Hibs career.

He is capable.

Did he? Must have missed that. From his superman show at dingwall, to his comedy capers at motherwell. I dont think he's good enough, and i get the same shiver down my spine when the ball goes anywhere near him as i did with Maka

Danderhall Hibs
26-07-2010, 08:54 PM

Not seen Brown either so Stack for me with Smith as 3rd choice. He doesn't deserve to be any higher up the pecking order after Motherwell last season - I'm not writing him off yet though.

The Silver Fox
26-07-2010, 09:13 PM
I just love it when Smith shouts, brilliant! SHRILL!!

wazoo1875
26-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Did he? Must have missed that. From his superman show at dingwall, to his comedy capers at motherwell. I dont think he's good enough, and i get the same shiver down my spine when the ball goes anywhere near him as i did with Maka
:tsk tsk:HibsSpain will be along to kick your erchie the now BH :coffee:

Tricla
26-07-2010, 09:20 PM
I just love it when Smith shouts, brilliant! SHRILL!!

:greengrin

RCNG
26-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Anyone but smith!!!

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2010, 09:58 PM
BH is beginning to see the light :wink: He's binned Smith .. Only Stack and Brown to go and he'll be begging for the big boy back :agree:

Thats right HS. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
26-07-2010, 09:59 PM

:agree:
Can agree to a point BH but maybe the shiver could be some kind of reaction to a ball (?) do you remember the same symptoms occurring when we had good goalkeepers? :wink: I, for example used to have a similar problem but in the ar*e area everytime the ball went close to Zibi and I still haven't worked out if it was him or the ball, or him being in the vicinity of the ball that caused it.

wazoo1875
26-07-2010, 10:25 PM
BH is beginning to see the light :wink: He's binned Smith .. Only Stack and Brown to go and he'll be begging for the big boy back :agree:
:bitchy: :tee hee:

greenlad
26-07-2010, 10:48 PM
For me Smith is technically the best and most capable of our keepers (his height helps as well) , some are quick to forget his great games early on after he joined, Dundee United away (0-1) and St Johnstone (1-5) where he was outstanding in both games, we'd have been talking 4-0 and 8-1 defeats if he hadn't performed. There was also the bizarre Hamilton game which ended up 5-1 but Smith had a string of great saves while they dominated.

However Smith seemed to be scapegoated out of the team after the 5-1 in Perth and was very shaky when he came back - I don't know if he lacks to an extent the mental strength and character required to succeed at Hibs where you will always be singled out for criticism. Admittedly Ross County and Motherwell were horror shows.

Stack on the other hand seems to have the attitude without the ability (and height). He never comes off his line and is dodgy at corners but on the other hand seems to have a good rapport with his centre-backs, and without overly impressing me he did contribute as much as anyone to our mean defence in the first half of last year.

I can't comment on Brown as I've only seen him once - possibly a bit on the small side.

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2010, 10:38 AM
For me Smith is technically the best and most capable of our keepers (his height helps as well) , some are quick to forget his great games early on after he joined, Dundee United away (0-1) and St Johnstone (1-5) where he was outstanding in both games, we'd have been talking 4-0 and 8-1 defeats if he hadn't performed. There was also the bizarre Hamilton game which ended up 5-1 but Smith had a string of great saves while they dominated.

However Smith seemed to be scapegoated out of the team after the 5-1 in Perth and was very shaky when he came back - I don't know if he lacks to an extent the mental strength and character required to succeed at Hibs where you will always be singled out for criticism. Admittedly Ross County and Motherwell were horror shows.

Stack on the other hand seems to have the attitude without the ability (and height). He never comes off his line and is dodgy at corners but on the other hand seems to have a good rapport with his centre-backs, and without overly impressing me he did contribute as much as anyone to our mean defence in the first half of last year.

I can't comment on Brown as I've only seen him once - possibly a bit on the small side.

Brown is not small

greenlad
27-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Brown is not small

Just checked Wikipedia and its got both Smith and Brown as 6ft1 and Stack as 6ft 2! That does surprise me but I assume its correct.