travelling to slovinia
must be the end of the road

scott7_0(Prague)
26-07-2010, 03:03 PM
bamba left behind

confirmed by hibs bamba not
travelling to slovinia

Doesnt mean the end, I would have thought not showing up until today would guarantee you would not travel and take it from there!

Anyways, where did you hear this?

craig1875
26-07-2010, 03:04 PM
bamba left behind

confirmed by hibs bamba not
travelling to slovinia

Not a surprise considering he's not returned back to training following the world cup...

epperstonehibby
26-07-2010, 03:06 PM
From a reporter m8 of mine.he has just spoken to yogi

Andy74
26-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Hughes had said as much already - he didn't think 2 days preparation for a European game was sufficient.

It doesn'r mean they won't sort something out for him t play again until someone makes an offer for him that suits us.

jdships
26-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Not a surprise considering he's not returned back to training following the world cup...

Makes sense surely :thumbsup:

Jim44
26-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Hughes had said as much already - he didn't think 2 days preparation for a European game was sufficient.

It doesn'r mean they won't sort something out for him t play again until someone makes an offer for him that suits us.

:bitchy: I think there's more chance of Hartley signing for the Jambos as there is of Bamba ever again pulling on a Hibs top.

M11BMO
26-07-2010, 03:54 PM
It's been on SSN saying he will play no part in both matches.

aberhibsfc
26-07-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm glad Bamba won't be near the team before this 1st leg is played.

I think Bamba whould be kept away from the squad until things are ironed out, be it with Hughes or Petrie.

I think it's more important that Hughes can concentrate on the game at hand rather than dealing with a spoiled player.

I would like Bamba to be a part of Hibs future, but I think his press has got the better of him. It would have to be a beauty of an excuse for me to accept him turning up late and displaying which on face value apprears to be contempt for the hand that feeds him. Our Euro tie is to important to risk this crap on.

I just wonder if Bamba has thrown this spanner in the works so that he wouldn't be cup-tied for any potential suitor.

It's maybe been a calculated gamble on his part.

For me though, he is a Hibs player for the time being and irrespective of how he feels, he will remain a Hibs player until he's sold, which would require a cast-iron offer being made.

Hughes for all his friendly banter is not someone I would want to aggrevate, something which Bamba may be experiencing now. Petrie is also a character that won't be messed around, I can imagine that Petrie will be ensuring Bamba is appropriatly financially inconvenienced until which ever club he's played hard-ball with is accepted.

This is going to be like going to the dentists, a little pain and inconvience, however getting an agreeable move for Bamba and hopefully fair price, would allow Hughes to provide the teams final shuffle by introducing players that want to play for him and Hibs.

For Bamba's sake I hope this happens soon, but I don't know if he's recovered from injury which may dampen interest.

For our sake, we need to make the required signings before the window closes.

Another one of my lenghty non-sensicle rants.

Rant over.

Sergey
26-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Statement now up on the BBC website:

Bamba to train with youths (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8842646.stm)

snowman
26-07-2010, 06:29 PM
I can understand why he has been left out of the 1st leg, but surely not the 2nd leg. He's our best defender by far! Give yourself a shake Yogi!

Barney McGrew
26-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Give yourself a shake Yogi!

The guy has just turned up late for pre-season after arsing the club around in the press in the meantime. What exactly is Yogi doing wrong that he needs to give himself a shake?

Westie1875
26-07-2010, 06:33 PM
I can understand why he has been left out of the 1st leg, but surely not the 2nd leg. He's our best defender by far! Give yourself a shake Yogi!

When his head is right, which it cleary is not at the moment.

The last thing we need is a primadonna who thinks he is better than everyone else waltzing back into the team with no pre-season behind him and likely upsetting the harmony within the rest of the squad in the process.

Yogi has made the right decision here, 100% behind him.

bingo70
26-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Eh?

The guy has just turned up late for pre-season after arsing the club around in the press in the meantime. What exactly is Yogi doing wrong that he needs to give himself a shake?

:agree:

Spot on, although i'm sure it'll still be used as a stick to beat him with if results don't go our way.

In fact knowing this website it'll probably be used as a stick to beat him with even if results do go our way :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2010, 06:37 PM

:top marks

Bamba has taken mickey out of all concerned with Club, well done Yogi for telling it like it is, no man is bigger than the club.....

Dunbar Hibee
26-07-2010, 07:03 PM
I just hope we still make a decent bit of money when we sell him.

RoslinInstHibby
26-07-2010, 08:20 PM
defo 100% behing yogi here, what would the rest of the squad think of the management if bamba was allowed to swan back into the side.....

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2010, 08:21 PM
defo 100% behing yogi here, what would the rest of the squad think of the management if bamba was allowed to swan back into the side.....

spot on :top marks

wazoo1875
26-07-2010, 08:40 PM

:top marksmate , Bamba can GTF as far as i'm concerned now . The guy thinks he's Bertie Big Baws since he sat on the bench at a world cup for 3 games. I'd take 500k for him just to get him oot the road.

Keith_M
26-07-2010, 08:50 PM
:top marksmate , Bamba can GTF as far as i'm concerned now . The guy thinks he's Bertie Big Baws since he sat on the bench at a world cup for 3 games. I'd take 500k for him just to get him oot the road.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if that was his (or his agent's) plan. Sicken the team you are with to such an extent they just want rid, thereby making it possible to earn more money for yourself (lower transfer fee=higher amount available for signing on fee).

That might sound cynical but it's the world that football now inhabits.

wazoo1875
26-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if that was his (or his agent's) plan. Sicken the team you are with to such an extent they just want rid, thereby making it possible to earn more money for yourself (lower transfer fee=higher amount available for signing on fee).

That might sound cynical but it's the world that football now inhabits.
I'm well aware how some of these fitbaw players treat clubs mate , your not being cynical at all , i would just think it's better to get shot of someone who is obviously going to disrupt the harmony of the squad than to haggle over a couple of hundred grand. Lets be honest here , i think £1m would probably be the most we could have expected given he's only got a year left and he didnae kick a baw at the world cup.
I was fully behind the big man and hoped he would get his chance to shine, but alas it wasnae to be. He's now ripping the pish out of all of us tho and i would say cheerio to him now.

allezsauzee
26-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Somebody has been fillling his head with nonsense. The simple truth is that he's not really that good but because he has a physical presence in a fairly lightweight team he's quite useful to have. I think we need to sell him now while we can get money for him because if he's not interested in playing for us, we'll end up punting him in January for 50k to get him of the wage bill like Dunfermline did.

Jim44
26-07-2010, 10:01 PM
There's a good chance we might not get a decent fee for Bamba considering he has been outed in the press as a trouble maker. Add to that the fact that the Ivory Coast will be embarking on serious rebuilding and looking for the goodwill of clubs to get their squad together for friendlies as often as possible. To discerning clubs he might not offer value for money.

weecounty hibby
26-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Realistically what is his value. He had one decent season with us, played pretty poorly for Dunfermline and was nowhere before that. I said it when we signed him but when at DAFC he was one of the worst players I had ever seen play in the SPL. Yes he was ok for us but that doesn't instantly make him a £20m mega star that Chelsea and Man Utd will be after. Take £.5m to £1m and move on.

Bostonhibby
26-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Realistically what is his value. He had one decent season with us, played pretty poorly for Dunfermline and was nowhere before that. I said it when we signed him but when at DAFC he was one of the worst players I had ever seen play in the SPL. Yes he was ok for us but that doesn't instantly make him a £20m mega star that Chelsea and Man Utd will be after. Take £.5m to £1m and move on.

:agree: and keep him well away from the squad at the moment as presumably Yogi has these guys focussed on what matters, we can't afford any big time charlies or selfish attitudes now - punt him quickly for this type of money but don't do the deal that suits him or his agent. Lost that courtesy, Hibs come first.

Chuckie
26-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Mixu must go.

Toaods
26-07-2010, 10:28 PM
I predict when he's punted(now or Jan) he'll make a 'voluntary' contribution ot Hibs Youth....:wink:

YetholmHibee
26-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Bamba - over-rated & good riddance!

I saw enough of him in the Rangers defeat at Easter Road before last Xmas - cost us the two goals (IMHO) . . . and will never forgive him.

With a few new youngsters training with the 1st team I am glad Yogi is keeping Bamba away from the 1st team.

:bye:

ahibby
27-07-2010, 08:39 AM
He is a Hibs player with a poor attitude, both points are important. Of course he should be disciplined but he is still a Hibs player and we must be able to call up on him when he is needed, now that he finally has returned. We won't get much for him in my view, no where near the potential had he figured in the World Cup, and he will probably leave in January for a pittance. I won't be all that bothered that he leaves because in my view he hasn't behaved as he should and he hasn't produced what he is capable of.

Aldo
27-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Correct decision and TBH sets a standard. The player doesnt decide when he goes back the manager and club do.

A wee bit too big for his boots IMHO.

Deserves every punishment he gets.

scoopyboy
27-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Now driving a Porsche.

Maybe he has received his signing on fee already from his new club.

jon paul jones
27-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Agree with john's managerial decision. JH had a difficult decision to comply with and people should remember this in a fortnights time.

Main observation in this sad subject is this

Why is there always something wrong with one of our players before a BIG match?

1) Latapy goes bonkers and gets arrested D&D in Stockbridge before May 2001 final (confirm year?) Doesnt play !
2) Gary O sold way out east for sweet coin before that game at Hampden in 2006 Doesnt play!
3) Bamba reinvents HR policy in the workplace Doesnt play!

There are others but I've got Man Flu at the moment. Will have a think about it but they must be SIGNIFICANT games

eastmainsmsh
27-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Now driving a Porsche.

Maybe he has received his signing on fee already from his new club.

seen him this morning a white porsche about 5 past nine turning into east mains :agree:

no sign of stephen dobbie :wink:

Craigyno1
27-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Correct decision and TBH sets a standard. The player doesnt decide when he goes back the manager and club do.

A wee bit too big for his boots IMHO.

Deserves every punishment he gets.

Heard that when JH took over the Hibs job, one of his 1st tasks was to bring Bamba down a peg or 2. He was strutting about ER as if he was a superstar.

eastmainsmsh
27-07-2010, 03:38 PM
reckon he has agreed a deal with psg :wink:

as the white porsche had a french number plate

Barney McGrew
27-07-2010, 03:46 PM
reckon he has agreed a deal with psg :wink:

as the white porsche had a french number plate

That'll be why has was late back then, he's been driving his car back from France.

Maybe if he'd taken a flight, he'd have made it in time :greengrin

hibees_green
27-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Does anyone know if he plays does this mean he couldn't play for another club in the same competition if they were to sign him?

ballengeich
27-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Does anyone know if he plays does this mean he couldn't play for another club in the same competition if they were to sign him?

It does mean that.

Players who've been in the Europa League can move to teams in the Champions' League in January and be eligible, so if he hangs on with us ...

Delboy*
27-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Agree with john's managerial decision. JH had a difficult decision to comply with and people should remember this in a fortnights time.

Main observation in this sad subject is this

Why is there always something wrong with one of our players before a BIG match?

1) Latapy goes bonkers and gets arrested D&D in Stockbridge before May 2001 final (confirm year?) Doesnt play !
2) Gary O sold way out east for sweet coin before that game at Hampden in 2006 Doesnt play!
3) Bamba reinvents HR policy in the workplace Doesnt play!

There are others but I've got Man Flu at the moment. Will have a think about it but they must be SIGNIFICANT games

Thats the sort of thing i was saying to my mate the other day.
I like big Eck, but i will never forgive him for dropping Latapy from that final (dont get many SC finals n we all knew the wee man was a tad maverick)

Im with Yogi all the way wi this one tho. Its now up to Sol and just how much of an ego-enflated diddy he is. If they can sort it out then he's in my team, if Yogi senses any 'big-time-charlie' attitude then hot-Rod him outa here!!!

lEXO
27-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Aye i know.What a great example Bamba,s shown to the guys who have turned up to pre season training when they were told to.That was told to not asked.He would have been paid during his time at the world cup and extra holiday that the club gave him.He appears back the day before we leave for a european tie.
I think it is Bamba that should give himself a shake.As for him being our best defender by far, that is open to debate.I,m pretty sure Hibs will play hard ball with him now.A 50k signing who if we keep him and use him as and when we need him between now and january or the end of the season.I would much rather we did that than let him use this as a way to get a move.It might make others think twice about trying it.
Ps Benji tried this game last year and look wher that got him.