26-07-2010, 01:12 PM
105m x 68m

(((Fergus)))
26-07-2010, 01:23 PM
105m x 68m

Thank you very much! :top marks

Hibercelona
26-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Never realized a football pitch had that amount of width.

RoYO!
26-07-2010, 02:54 PM
It's 'full international size' with uefa appropriate run off areas.

In context that means it's the same size as hampden (and ppl complain that OUR stands aren't close enough to the pitch!) and also Hertz would have to remove several MORE rows from the three existing stands if they wanted to/ ever got round to building their new stand.

Otherwise wouldn't be able to play euro games at tynie.

jgl07
26-07-2010, 03:26 PM
It's 'full international size' with uefa appropriate run off areas.

In context that means it's the same size as hampden (and ppl complain that OUR stands aren't close enough to the pitch!) and also Hertz would have to remove several MORE rows from the three existing stands if they wanted to/ ever got round to building their new stand.

Otherwise wouldn't be able to play euro games at tynie.
Will that be a problem for Hearts this season?

Or next season?

sahib
26-07-2010, 05:12 PM
I thought there was a minimum size for European games but that the could be bigger than the minimum size required.

"Since 2008, in order to standardize the size of the football pitch for A international matches, the IFAB has decided to set a fixed size of 105m long and 68m wide." - Wikipedia

Last season our pitch was 105m x 64m according to the SPL handbook.

Cropley10
26-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Anyone know how tiny Tynie is then?

The deluded ones seem to fail to grasp the concept that you can't have a UEFA compliant pitch AND the stands right on top of the pitch...

sahib
26-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Anyone know how tiny Tynie is then?

The deluded ones seem to fail to grasp the concept that you can't have a UEFA compliant pitch AND the stands right on top of the pitch...

100m x 64m from SPL handbook.

degenerated
26-07-2010, 06:54 PM
100m x 64m from SPL handbook.

bizarre that such a big team should have the pokiest pitch in the league, as well as the worst main stand

RoYO!
26-07-2010, 07:15 PM
As far as I know uefa may well not be too bothered about the dimensions of tynie - they should be able to play their matches there.

However, if hearts went ahead and built their stand (I know!) they would need to adhere to the pitch and run off areas. As there is v little room already behind the wheatfield stand they would have to remove several rows, to
make up 5 mtrs shortfall on length not including run off and 4 mtrs on width,
again without run offs.

Sas_The_Hibby
26-07-2010, 09:00 PM
bizarre that such a big team should have the pokiest pitch in the league, as well as the worst main stand

.....AND the most gullible fans :greengrin

jgl07
26-07-2010, 10:30 PM
That goes a long way to explain why Tynecastle produces the worst football in the SPL.

Speedway
27-07-2010, 08:43 AM
So all the Yams have got a small one then?

proud_and_green
27-07-2010, 12:27 PM
That goes a long way to explain why Tynecastle produces the worst football in the SPL.

Does it actually though mean that they don't play hoofball at all, and in fact they are a sweet passing flair team; its just that their pitch is so small that a light pass goes from box to box?

hibs0666
27-07-2010, 01:34 PM
As far as I know uefa may well not be too bothered about the dimensions of tynie - they should be able to play their matches there.

However, if hearts went ahead and built their stand (I know!) they would need to adhere to the pitch and run off areas. As there is v little room already behind the wheatfield stand they would have to remove several rows, to
again without run offs.

Robinson told them all those years ago that Tiny could not be economically upgraded. They didn't listen of course, and preferred to listen to Romanov's rantings on a 40,000+ stadium as it better addressed their delusions and inadequacies.

robinp
27-07-2010, 02:15 PM

again without run offs.

The other issue they have with the run off and removing of rows of seats is the metal supports for their Flood Lights - IIRC this means they cannot extend the pitch becuase the supports would in the way and are fundemental in the structure of the stands!

Ross4356
27-07-2010, 02:24 PM
The other issue they have with the run off and removing of rows of seats is the metal supports for their Flood Lights - IIRC this means they cannot extend the pitch becuase the supports would in the way and are fundemental in the structure of the stands!

So let me get this right, if they don't build a new stand they can continue to play Euro games at Tynie. If they do build a stand then the pitch will be to small to play Euro games?

Andy74
27-07-2010, 02:51 PM
So let me get this right, if they don't build a new stand they can continue to play Euro games at Tynie. If they do build a stand then the pitch will be to small to play Euro games?

Surely though it's going to be tricky to follow through on this?

I don't believe that clubs who need to rebuild stands will be banned from Europe if the way the stadium is built means they can't make the pitch bigger.

It seems those are the rules, but can we really see it being enforced?

jgl07
27-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Surely though it's going to be tricky to follow through on this?

I don't believe that clubs who need to rebuild stands will be banned from Europe if the way the stadium is built means they can't make the pitch bigger.

It seems those are the rules, but can we really see it being enforced?
They can easily rebuild to UEFA standards by taking out rows of seats. They did it at Tynecastle to lengthen the pitch three or four years back.

There is plenty of room inside Tynecastle so no-one will notice the difference.

It will make the stadium less intimidating for visiting teams as the Duelling Banjo types in Section N will be further from the pitch.