PDA

View Full Version : MPV to Maribor – OFF

Jack
26-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Sorry folks, we’ve been let down again.

As those in the know will know a girl from the rental company was supposed to get back to me at 9:30 this morning. In the absence of that call I phoned again and they didn’t know anything about it.

Today's story was different from yesterdays story, and the price went up – drastically! Basically they were looking at a minimum of a one week hire for taking the car to Europe, which almost doubled the costs of the hire. Add to that the 5* breakdown insurance and the purchase of an overseas kit brought the total to around £2000 and then there's the fuel, tolls and Chunnel on top of that as well as accommodation and drinky poos- and maybe some food too AND the blumming match ticket.

Nikki and I had a chat and with the vastly increased costs, and still no guarantee of a ******* car we have had to admit defeat.

To all those following our soap saga of events on the private members forum and looking forward to our reports it’s a story we’d have all loved to have been part of and relate it back home, but alas it was not to be.

My Hibsfelt thanks to all who have contributed in any way.

Jack